5.Mexia
6.Cleveland
7.Rockdale
8.Bridge City
9.Palestine
10.Waco La Vega

Who dropped out: Cameron Yoe and Silsbee
Who moved in: Bridge City and Palestine

Navasota jumped up and so did Mexia after their performances. Palestine had an impressive showing versus Navasota to move to number 9. Waco La Vega remains at #10 due to the quality of opponent and should still be a factor in the region.

WOS87
09-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Week 0
Navasota 47
(4A) Henderson 0

Week 1
Carthage 14
(4A) Henderson 13

cntdwn
09-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by R3Editor
1.Gilmer
2.West Orange-Stark
3.Carthage
4.Navasota
5.Mexia
6.Cleveland
7.Rockdale
8.Bridge City
9.Palestine
10.Waco La Vega

Who dropped out: Cameron Yoe and Silsbee
Who moved in: Bridge City and Palestine

Navasota jumped up and so did Mexia after their performances. Palestine had an impressive showing versus Navasota to move to number 9. Waco La Vega remains at #10 due to the quality of opponent and should still be a factor in the region.

Call me a homer, but Caldwell is being grossly overlooked. They nearly beat Bellville and gave up pity TDs to Shepherd.

Electus Unus
09-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Call me a homer, but Caldwell is being grossly overlooked. They nearly beat Bellville and gave up pity TDs to Shepherd. I think Caldwell needs another week to show what they got.

Buckeye80
09-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I, for one, cannot wait to see where everyone ends up in the playoffs in this region! There are so many possible marquee match-ups! Region III is gonna be "murder" to get out of, regardless of being D1 or D2!

Electus Unus
09-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I, for one, cannot wait to see where everyone ends up in the playoffs in this region! There are so many possible marquee match-ups! Region III is gonna be "murder" to get out of, regardless of being D1 or D2! region three has ALWAYS been like that so its nothing new to all of us regulars :p

charlesrixey
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Week 0
Navasota 47
(4A) Henderson 0

Week 1
Carthage 14
(4A) Henderson 13

i was just thinking the same, WOS. Wasn't last year almost opposite?

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Last Year:

Navasota 35
Henderson 34

Carthage 33
Henderson 3

Another ironic situation.....Lion QB Tyrell Jenkins did not play against Navasota this year, but did last year. Last year he played against Navasota, but did not play against Carthage.

:thinking:

OldBison75
09-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I appreciate the rankings but would like to make a few comments:

Can't argue with #1 and #2

Carthage at number 3 seems to be okay, but they had a tough game against Henderson, which Navasota soundly beat the previous week.

Navasota at # 4 is maybe a little high right now, although they have the athletes to be very good. Against Palestine they had some mental letdowns and faced a very fast and athletic palestine team that is pretty darn good. The Wildcat QB and RB are not only very fast, bot are quick to cut and make alot of good defenders look silly.

Mexia is a very good team and will be a dangerous opponent for any team. They could be a force in the playoffs later on.

Cleveland seem to be carrying on from an outstanding year last year and can really put up some points.

Rockdale is a very talented team that has the potiential to be a championship contender. If they get a few breaks in a very tough district and region, they may be a Regional Championship contender.

LaVega had a tough game against Brownwood, but don't discount that program yet because Brownwood may very well win thier region. MODOC will be fine by playoff time.

If I ranked the region right now it would be in this order:

Gilmer
WOS
Rockdale
LaVega
Cleveland
Navasota
Carthage
Mexia
Palestine
Caldwell

Oh, and don't count out Texarkana LE, they could well be a major factor in the region. We will see after this coming week against Gilmer!!!!!!

WOS87
09-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I appreciate the rankings but would like to make a few comments:

Oh, and don't count out Texarkana LE, they could well be a major factor in the region. We will see after this coming week against Gilmer!!!!!!

Nice post... I agree with most of what you are saying except Texarkana LE is Region 2!

coach
09-05-2009, 02:13 PM
fairfield is still getting screwed in this poll

OldBison75
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
WOS, I mis represented my information about the LE team, I was intending to say that thier game against Gilmer could make a change in the dynamics of Region 3. I made it sound like they could be a factor in the region and meant it to sound that they could really have an effect on the rankings.

They will be a factor in Region 2 though. Thanks for the clarification opportunity.

WOS87
09-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by coach
fairfield is still getting screwed in this poll

Isn't Fairfield 0-2?

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Nice post... I agree with most of what you are saying except Texarkana LE is Region 2! :D But we do want to be a factor in Reg 2 regardless. I think we will give Gilmer a good game.

cntdwn
09-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I think Caldwell needs another week to show what they got.

True, Shepherd was no test, but I think the guys in orange will take care of Connally by 14-20 points.

Buckeye80
09-05-2009, 05:37 PM
1. WOS
2. Gilmer
3. Navasota
4. Carthage
5. Mexia
6. LaVega
7. Rockdale
8. Cleveland
9. Palestine
10. Jasper

And I'll take the Center Roughriders as a "dark horse" to make a little noise in the region.
I will also go on record right now as saying the Doug Gentry and the Black Cats win District 19 this year.

Hupernikomen
09-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Definitely are better teams out there this year than BC. Silsbee and HJ in their own district will probably beat them and Orangefield might as well. I could be wrong but I can't see BC in that group yet.

easttexas3a
09-07-2009, 01:42 AM
The only two teams I can talk about are the two I saw this past week, the Gilmer Buckeyes and the Carthage Bulldogs.

I have seen Gilmer twice, I thought they looked good vs. Jasper, but only showed there real abilities the second half. I think the rains win was a good showing, but they were a real bad 3a team. We will know a lot more about Gilmer after the LE game, a team that very possibly could win their district and win some playoff games.

Carthage so far had a good win against Kilgore, a mediocre 4a team that will place 3rd or 4th in there district. Then a very below avg win against Henderson which will probably be the last place team in Kilgore's 4a district. What does all this tell me? Just like the buckeyes so far with Carthage you don't know who they are. They play some more 4a teams after Atlanta this week.

Also I would liek to add from all indications I can see Jasper will make it in the playoffs, putting Carthage into region 2.

In Gilmer's district the second place team will be tatum, and the 3rd will be a battle between chapel hill and spring hill. The edge I believe is to chapel hill, which would put Gilmer in region 2. If SH were to be 3rd though the buckeyes go division 1

AggiesAreWe
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
easttexas3a, I think you mean Div. II, not Region 2. Gilmer and Carthage reside in Region III.

WOS1
09-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I think the WOS/Gilmer rematch is highly likely, but Mexia may have something to say about that at some point. They are looking tough.