PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell shocks Bellville in volleyball

cntdwn
09-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Caldwell 25-24-18-25-16
Bellville 22-26-25-23-14

CALD (14-11) -- Sondra Flippin 13 kills, 5 blocks; Allison Alford 10 kills, 28 assists; Ashlee Hollis 24 digs. JV: Caldwell 25-22, 21-25, 25-14. FR: Caldwell 25-11, 25-18. Next: Caldwell opens district play when they host Taylor on Tuesday.

Way to go, Lady Hornets! Goes to show you why it's wise to play 5A programs before league action. You might come up a little short against a few, but look what happens!

Destination San Marcos.... one game at a time.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Bro...I don't wanna burst your bubble, but......I don't think Bellville is that good this year. (Or a more accurate statement would be..."they're not as good as last year".) They lost almost EVERYONE to graduation from last year's team if I'm not mistaken. No offense Bellville fans.

cntdwn
09-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Bro...I don't wanna burst your bubble, but......I don't think Bellville is that good this year. (Or a more accurate statement would be..."they're not as good as last year".) They lost almost EVERYONE to graduation from last year's team if I'm not mistaken. No offense Bellville fans.

But don't they say this about the Brahmanettes every year and they go on to battle for a shot at state?

zebrablue2
09-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

no offense taken. they are in a rebuilding mode for sure. congrats to the lady hornets!!

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
But don't they say this about the Brahmanettes every year and they go on to battle for a shot at state? Hard to say really I guess. So far though this season, they've had a rough go at it. I know we beat em 3-0...but then again....I think we've only lost one so far.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
no offense taken. they are in a rebuilding mode for sure. congrats to the lady hornets!! yes sir zb.....it does happen to the best of us from time to time....especially in the smaller classifications. Some seem immune to it such as Cuero, but most of us suffer down years from time to time due to graduation. How goes it amigo? Hope you are well this fine morning. You gonna watch any college football today?