PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 47 Rio Hondo 7

CueroDad08
09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Nice all around game on both sides of the ball.

footballgal
09-05-2009, 12:55 AM
State-ranked Gobblers too much for Bobcats in Week 1
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
September 04, 2009 11:52 PM
John Cannon
Special to RGVSports.com
ROBSTOWN — Cuero’s offense looked like a prolific NFL offense it accumulated 528 yards of total offense as the No. 10-ranked Gobblers defeated Rio Hondo 47-7 at Cotton Picker stadium Friday night.

Cuero drew first blood as tailback Trent Jackson scored on a 45-yard touchdown run to take a 7-0 lead with 10:52 left in the first quarter. Jackson also scored on runs of 1 and 14, and led the Gobblers on the ground with 191 yards on 12 carries. The Gobblers extended their lead to 13-0 as Andrew Thibodeaux punched it in from 7 yards out with 7:21 left in the first quarter.

The Gobblers continued to dominate on the ground as Maison Rickman scored on a 24-yard touchdown run with 3:51 left in the first half, giving Cuero a demanding 34-0 lead. Rio Hondo finally got on the board as running back Trevor David ran it in from 10 yards out, cutting the lead to 34-7 with 38 seconds left in the first half. David was the workhorse for the Bobcats as he ran for 92 yards on 20 carries.

The Bobcats put together a nice drive at the beginning of the third quarter as they drove the ball down into Cuero territory. But a few key fumbles stalled the drive and gave the Gobblers back the ball at their own 42-yard line.

However, Cuero capitalized as quarterback Tyler Arndt hooked up with Ryan Barrrientez on a 31-yard touchdown strike as they continued to dominate 41-7 with 3:56 left in the third quarter.

The Gobblers defense ended up getting involved in the scoring affair as well as Jonathan Banda intercepted Bobcats quarterback Juan Puga and took it 27-yards to the house with 3:41 left in the third quarter.

Rio Hondo’s offense put together some nice drives in the second half and chewed up some yardage as well. The Bobcats ended up with 148 yards of total offense on the night

http://www.rgvsports.com/news/bobcats-4960-gobblers-ranked.html

Boomer
09-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I liked the way the Gobblers never let up! There was some hard hitting too. Great job Gobblers

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Tyler Arndt i've seen a few games over the past years but tonight he looked like hes ready for the next level with those throws on the run, almost like Tom Brady from 2 years ago. It was great seeing him play. Trent Jackson was just as impressive. Its great to have some very talented players but Cuero as a team looked very good in all phases of the game.

CueroDad08
09-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Tyler Arndt i've seen a few games over the past years but tonight he looked like hes ready for the next level with those throws on the run, almost like Tom Brady from 2 years ago. It was great seeing him play. Trent Jackson was just as impressive. Its great to have some very talented players but Cuero as a team looked very good in all phases of the game.

First time in 6 years we have not had that one really good stud stand out at WR. But this years team may be more rounded with 4-5 guys that can flat out catch the ball. Will make if tuff to stop with Arndt being able to pick any of them and know they all can move the chains. And with Jackson running so hard down hill it will make it even more easy for Tyler.

Johnny 5
09-05-2009, 02:42 AM
good game gobblers!

Gobbler Fan
09-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Great Band RH :D

Johnny 5
09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I know, huh

Green Bling
09-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Great night for Texas football. State ranked Gobblers team and state ranked Bobcat band. Does it get better than this?

KingRob
09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats on the win Gobblers!!:clap:

Nursebetty
09-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I have to agree on the comment about Rio Hondo's band.....awesome show! Loved the flag uniforms...awesome!

Boomer
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
They were very good. One of the flag girls told me they were second in state last year. She also told me that the girls were supposed to be aliens. They looked cool!!