PDA

View Full Version : Tried to tell you guys about Big Spring...

Matthew328
09-04-2009, 11:36 PM
they are the real deal...just beat the #3 team in the state Denison 27-21....

SintonFan
09-05-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm sure we won't forget them again.:clap:

Rocket
09-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Doesn't Sweetwater play them soon? OH CRAP. Be careful playing 4A's... LOL

STANG RED
09-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Doesn't Sweetwater play them soon? OH CRAP. Be careful playing 4A's... LOL

We've played them many many times, and have usually whipped there 4A butts like a step child, so being 4A has nothing to do with it. Big Spring always has the athletes to be good, but seldom has had that winning culture to get it done in the past. But they do seem to get it together for a year or two every 10 to 20 years. We'll see how long this lasts this time.
I'm just glad to see West Texas getting back to respectability in football in general, expecially at the 4A level. 4A football in West Texas has sucked for a long time now. You should know something about that.

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Doesn't Sweetwater play them soon? OH CRAP. Be careful playing 4A's... LOL hasn't sweetwater won a state championship more recently than brownwood...oh and wait in 4A at that....

Rocket
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
hasn't sweetwater won a state championship more recently than brownwood...oh and wait in 4A at that....

What does that matter? LOL If you want to go that far back then haven't we won 7? I will take more over most recent any day.

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
What does that matter? LOL If you want to go that far back then haven't we won 7? I will take more over most recent any day. yall just act like your Gods gift to football and 3a when in reality you havent won crap in 30 years

Rocket
09-05-2009, 11:15 AM
yall just act like your Gods gift to football and 3a when in reality you havent won crap in 30 years

Chill out dude. Wow. Most of it is just messing around. It's people like you that make me want to talk even more smack. I hope who ever you represent gets some of Brownwood this year.

Kid Ice
09-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Haven't done nothing in 30 years? What an ignorant statement. Just because we haven't won state since 1981 doesn't mean we haven't done anything. I'll take the current state of our program over just about anybody right now.

BEAST
09-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
Haven't done nothing in 30 years? What an ignorant statement. Just because we haven't won state since 1981 doesn't mean we haven't done anything. I'll take the current state of our program over just about anybody right now.

Oh snap. Kid Ice on the scene. If The Kid hangs around yall are gonna have yalls hands full with him and Rocket.

BEAST

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Haven't done nothing in 30 years? What an ignorant statement. Just because we haven't won state since 1981 doesn't mean we haven't done anything. I'll take the current state of our program over just about anybody right now. :doh: OMG Hobbs is busting out with Bwd supporters. Talk bout a freakin cult:eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:doh: OMG Hobbs is busting out with Bwd supporters. Talk bout a freakin cult:eek: :eek:

Don't start that! We might get a Theory going here!:D

;)

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:10 PM
yall just act like your Gods gift to football and 3a when in reality you havent won crap in 30 years WOW:thinking: :confused: :rolleyes:

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Don't start that! We might get a Theory going here!:D

;) :D :D :doh: Noooooo... :hand:

STANG RED
09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Oh snap. Kid Ice on the scene. If The Kid hangs around yall are gonna have yalls hands full with him and Rocket.

BEAST
:thinking:
So, is Kid Ice a Rocket spawn? Wouldnt Bottle Rocket be a better name? :D

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Haven't done nothing in 30 years? What an ignorant statement. Just because we haven't won state since 1981 doesn't mean we haven't done anything. I'll take the current state of our program over just about anybody right now. i said they hadn't wont anything not that they havent done anything and you cant play my school

Kid Ice
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Rocket is my brother. Bottle Rocket has a nice ring to it, but Kid Ice gives me more of sense of originality.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:thinking:
So, is Kid Ice a Rocket spawn? Wouldnt Bottle Rocket be a better name? :D :2thumbsup Spawn Lol:2thumbsup

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:33 PM
i said they hadn't wont anything not that they havent done anything and you cant play my school :rolleyes: Saw where ya'll are coming to LE for some BB in Dec??:D

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Rocket is my brother. Bottle Rocket has a nice ring to it, but Kid Ice gives me more of sense of originality. :rolleyes: Just put up a lion avatar and call it a day...lol:doh: :eek:

BwdLion73
09-05-2009, 01:39 PM
yall just act like your Gods gift to football and 3a when in reality you havent won crap in 30 years

Hey...hey....hey....It ain't been 30 yet!! :p ;)

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: Saw where ya'll are coming to LE for some BB in Dec??:D yeah we are stayin the night too

Sweetwater Red
09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

So, if we beat Big Spring after Big Spring beat Denison would that
mean Sweetwater would beat....

Where is kepdawg anyway.:thinking:

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:51 PM
yeah we are stayin the night too We should have a very good team this year, if they don't get too beat up in football. All of our skill ppl are starters for BB.

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
We should have a very good team this year, if they don't get too beat up in football. All of our skill ppl are starters for BB. were going to be pretty good...well we have a chance to be....we looked like crap in our fall league thursday night though

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
were going to be pretty good...well we have a chance to be....we looked like crap in our fall league thursday night though Ya'll will hopefully have an advantage. I hope that we are just getting started when ya'll get here. We really think football could last awhile.

mwynn05
09-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Ya'll will hopefully have an advantage. I hope that we are just getting started when ya'll get here. We really think football could last awhile. we have 1a numbers though...

Kid Ice
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM

Oh and by the way, Brownwood is God's gift to football.

BEAST
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Kid Ice really is Rockets brother. It's not Rocket by a different name. Oh, Kod Ice will smack harder than Rocket. Get ready.

BEAST

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Kid Ice really is Rockets brother. It's not Rocket by a different name. Oh, Kod Ice will smack harder than Rocket. Get ready.

BEAST :confused: :confused: :Funny, I don't think that was even mentioned until you brought it up. So dude going by Kod Ice now?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

turbostud
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
HaHa, So Rocket has to recruit backup now?

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
HaHa, So Rocket has to recruit backup now? :eek: :eek:

turbostud
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Just curious as to why Denison would schedule at team as far away as Big Spring when there are plenty of teams around DFW to play. Were they looking for a cupcake? Did they play last year?

Matthew328
09-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Yes they played last year, a team backed on Denison at the last minute and Big Spring was one of the few teams with an open date...last year Denison won at home 44-37

DaHop72
09-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I agree with Matthew, Big Spring has a very good, well coached team this year. Anyone that overlooks them going in will be in for a big surprise.

SintonFan
09-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I agree with Matthew, Big Spring has a very good, well coached team this year. Anyone that overlooks them going in will be in for a big surprise.
Thank You and Matt for bringing this back to it's original intention.
Who said this thread was about Rocket's red-headed step-child from No More?
Matt, I will be following Big Spring for the rest of the year. Thanks for the heads-up.:)

TheDOCTORdre
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM

BEAST

If the Kid hangs around is the key to that statement, kinda funny to see somebody wait until their team has a couple of wins under their belt before they show up on the downlow and start posting

Snydertigersrul
09-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh and by the way, Brownwood is God's gift to football.

Rocket posted before Brownwood played Snyder that he wouldn't come to the game in Snyder. He wanted to say his gas money for the playoff game.

:D

LE Dad
09-07-2009, 12:58 PM
It appears that Big Springs may be the real deal. :D :clap:

STANG RED
09-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I played many games against Big Spring back in the day, and I've seen many more down through the years since. They'll still have to be playing good football by November before I become a believer. Not saying they wont, but I'll have to see it first. Then again, I could probably say that about most winning teams right now. I dont think we yet know who has been really tested yet.

LE Dad
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I played many games against Big Spring back in the day, and I've seen many more down through the years since. They'll still have to be playing good football by November before I become a believer. Not saying they wont, but I'll have to see it first. Then again, I could probably say that about most winning teams right now. I dont think we yet know who has been really tested yet. The next 4 weeks will help but nothing really matters till you get to district.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-08-2009, 02:03 PM
It appears that Big Springs may be the real deal. :D :clap:

Their RB is crazy fast!

Matthew328
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I played many games against Big Spring back in the day, and I've seen many more down through the years since. They'll still have to be playing good football by November before I become a believer. Not saying they wont, but I'll have to see it first. Then again, I could probably say that about most winning teams right now. I dont think we yet know who has been really tested yet.

3 rounds deep last year w/o the QB and beating what is a great Denison team is enough for me! They are legit

LionKing
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
If the Kid hangs around is the key to that statement, kinda funny to see somebody wait until their team has a couple of wins under their belt before they show up on the downlow and start posting Easy there fortune teller, I know the kid started posting last week before 2 wins, he posts very rarely on our team site of which he is a big part of for several years of keeping it up, so it's unique to even see a post from him.

ccmom
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Easy there fortune teller, I know the kid started posting last week before 2 wins, he posts very rarely on our team site of which he is a big part of for several years of keeping it up, so it's unique to even see a post from him.

Really? The first post I see on this board was the day after the Lions second win. :thinking: Not, that I care...what's one more kitty in the litter? :D :p

LE Dad
09-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Really? The first post I see on this board was the day after the Lions second win. :thinking: Not, that I care...what's one more kitty in the litter? :D :p That would be his first post and unfortunately his next 66 are just as pointless and bad. I would say it was Rocket pseudo posting but this guys stuff is way weak.
:nerd:

STANG RED
09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Really? The first post I see on this board was the day after the Lions second win. :thinking: Not, that I care...what's one more kitty in the litter? :D :p
Another stinkin kitty.:mad:

:D

TheDOCTORdre
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Easy there fortune teller, I know the kid started posting last week before 2 wins, he posts very rarely on our team site of which he is a big part of for several years of keeping it up, so it's unique to even see a post from him.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=175656&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=2

check it out, the kid's first post is 9/5/2009 which would be this past saturday, one day after the Lions went 2-0.

LE Dad
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=175656&sortby=&sortorder=&pagenumber=2

check it out, the kid's first post is 9/5/2009 which would be this past saturday, one day after the Lions went 2-0. :doh: