PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Needville week 2

Pudlugger
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
The Leps are looking stronger than ever after a shutout victory over a tough Yoakum Bulldog team. They are clicking on all eight cylinders now with a well established and dangerous passing game and a surprisingly robust rushing threat. Will the Jays come up with a defense for the high flying Leps?

Leps 35
Jays 14

SintonFan
09-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Pud... I won't vote now(I will later in the week) but you know I'll be rooting for your Leps.:)

IHStangFan
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
As the sole Needville fan on the board this year (or it would seem)......I've been hearing the Jay's D is their strong suit. They are good against the run, but I'm not sure how they look against a good passing game. I'm naturally going to go w/ the homer pick.

Jays 24
Leps 21

I sure wish I could be home for this one!!!

Good luck to both teams this coming week. Let's have a clean and injury free game!!

GO JAYS!

Pudlugger
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
The Jays will miss your cowbell! I've got a fever!:)

SintonFan
09-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Jays will miss your cowbell! I've got a fever!:)

rofl!:clap:

IHStangFan
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
:D Guys....guys....I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you do....the only difference is...once my pants are on.....I MAKE GOLD RECORDS!!!

Antec
09-04-2009, 11:45 PM
What was Yoakum-La Grange final?

IHStangFan
09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Antec
What was Yoakum-La Grange final? I believe La Grange won 26 to 0.

TRENCHES06
09-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Word is La Grange had over 100 yards rushing and 345 yards passing.

Defense held Yoakum Offense to less than 120 yards.

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
The Leps looked very good last night. They made very few errors. The O line dominated the line of scrimmage giving Schneider plenty of time to check off his receivers. The Lep defense is very strong this year and has shut down two teams with very good running backs. With the balqance they showed in their offense last night and this stingy defense they will be tough to beat. I'm sure they had over 100 yards rushing last night and around 500 total yards. Unless this team gets overconfident and lets up they should win a bunch of games this season tough district notwithstanding.

HEMOTOXIC
09-05-2009, 10:08 AM
LG by 14.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey Pud,

Do you know if this game will be broadcast on the web?

Thanks amigo

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Stats for Needville in their 42-14 win over Splendora looked like this:

Total Yds Offense: 279
Rushing: 32Att 225Yds 7.03Yd/Att
Passing: 3Comp 12Att for 54yds
Fumbles/Lost: 3/3
Penalties: 8 for 60yds

Splendora had 198 Total Yds Offense.

Appears that it was a pretty sloppy game. The Jays are going to have to cut down the turnovers and penalties.

Scoring was:

Needville 14, 14, 14, 0
Splendora 0, 0, 0, 14

It would seem Needville took the starters out in the 4th.

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't know. Maybe Needville will cover it.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't know. Maybe Needville will cover it. Nah....much to my dismay, they don't have a webcast. :( I thought you guys might.

Well....I'm gonna be counting on one of you fine citizens of La Grange to keep me posted then! ;)

LHS 2SONS
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
If our local radio station KBUK covers the game they have a webcast, but usually when LG plays at home they cover some other local teams. I will let you know!

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Needville runs the spread. It will be interesting to see how they match up with the Lep defense.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Needville runs the spread. It will be interesting to see how they match up with the Lep defense. I'm pretty sure they run the Wing-T.

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Okay I guess I got it wrong. We'll see how the Lep D defends the run Friday. My bet's on the Leps.:)

TRENCHES06
09-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Yup. Wing-T. With some good hard running RB's.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Are we Reg. IV GOTW material guys? What do ya'll say? :D

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
GOTW material or not this is looking to be a great match up.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
GOTW material or not this is looking to be a great match up. Needville is gonna have to minimize turnovers and penalties. Despite the score last week, they had 3 fumbles lost and had 60yds in penalties. That won't get it done against the Leps. If they can fix these things, I think we're in for a treat of a game.

R4Editor
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
La Grange vs. Needville was a strong candidate for Region IV GOTW, but it was decided to go with Cuero vs. Devine. We have no doubt that the Leps and Jays will be featured in a GOTW this season. Right now, if things continue as they have, it'll be very hard not to feature the Leps vs. Bellville in the D25 district opener...but we're getting ahead of ourselves. best of luck to both teams this Friday...(don't underestimate the Jays);)

IHStangFan
09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by R4Editor
La Grange vs. Needville was a strong candidate for Region IV GOTW, but it was decided to go with Cuero vs. Devine. We have no doubt that the Leps and Jays will be featured in a GOTW this season. Right now, if things continue as they have, it'll be very hard not to feature the Leps vs. Bellville in the D25 district opener...but we're getting ahead of ourselves. best of luck to both teams this Friday...(don't underestimate the Jays);) Yup...this may be the stiffest opposition the Jays encounter in the regular season. Should be a good test/experience for Needville.

GO JAYS!!

Bull's-eye
09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
IMO, speed will win this game for the Leps. La Grange's offense will try to make this a track meet with their passing attack & take advantage of the Jay's low number of players. From what I seen in scrimmages, Needville has a good throwing QB. What puzzles me is that it doesn't show up in the passing stats. Needville appears to be a very salty team, but a lack of numbers & team speed makes this a bad matchup for the Jays.

Sorry Stang, LG by 17

IHStangFan
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
IMO, speed will win this game for the Leps. La Grange's offense will try to make this a track meet with their passing attack & take advantage of the Jay's low number of players. From what I seen in scrimmages, Needville has a good throwing QB. What puzzles me is that it doesn't show up in the passing stats. Needville appears to be a very salty team, but a lack of numbers & team speed makes this a bad matchup for the Jays.

Sorry Stang, LG by 17 Yes, we are a bit short on numbers, it would seem most of our guys play both ways from what I've read. Haven't got to see them in person yet this year. Needville has always been (as far back as I know) a "run first" team. The passing stats aren't there simply because thus far in the season the running game has gotten it done.....this is speculation on my part of course. From the outside looking in....the Jay's D is going to play a pivotal role in keeping them in it this week against the Leps as well as special teams play. If the D can slow down the Leps' offense and stay fresh...and we can make some plays on special teams....I think the Jays can make a game of it. From what I understand, the Jays are decent sized up front as well.....so maybe if we have to go to the air, the line can buy Berry some time to throw. It's yet to be seen, but I'm pulling for them! It's an intriguing matchup to say the least, LOL.

GO JAYS!!

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 12:11 AM
The Leps need to go into this game with the same intensity and focus as the last two weeks. This team has gelled and they are creating a lot of excitement here in La Grange. It is only the third game and already folks are feeling the intensity. almost like playoffs in pre-district! The leadership of this group is very strong. If they keep moving up on this performance curve without a let up they will have a very successful season. The coaches and the players are all on the same page...play hard, bring your best game, finish the job and win.

Limit turnovers and penalties, control the line of scrimmage and swarm to the football are keys to victory. Go Leps!

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Here's a little mini-breakdown based on what I've read....

Here's how the two teams look side by side on paper with both teams coming into the contest at 2-0:

Needville:
Week 0: -vs- 4A Houston Worthing; W 21-0* (called in the 2nd Q due to lightning)
Week 1: -vs- Splendora; W 42-14

La Grange:
Week 0: -vs- Lockhart; W 47-28
Week 1: -vs- Yoakum; W 26-0

Needville is a "run first" offense that plays out of the Wing-T. They've got a handful of decent sized backs that they like to pound the ball with. Under center though is the capable 6'2" 186lb Caleb Berry at QB. Berry has a good arm and if he has to, can spread the ball around. The Jay's D is said to be their strong suit. Earlier in the year they were able to hold D25's Bellville in check during a scrimmage in which I have read in the Ft. Bend Herald that Bellville was held scoreless. The Jays are supposed to be decent sized up front averaging about 235-240lbs.
So far this season the Jays have amassed 450yds offense in 1 1/2 games, 360 of which have been on the ground. The ground game is averaging 7.06yds/att. The Jays have only passed for 90yds but are averaging 18yds a catch.

La Grange I believe plays out of the spread and really likes to throw the ball. Their passing game has been fairly potent so far this year. La Grange is big up front as well buying their QB plenty of time to pick apart an opposing D. The Leps spread the ball around to several different WRs which makes them hard to defend. The Leps have amassed 416yds offense in 2 games so far this season, 315 of which have been through the passing game. They are averaging 12.6yds a catch and 4.59yds a carry on the ground.

If the Jays D can stay fresh and keep La Grange's potent passing game in check, and control the tempo of the game w/ their steady ground game, I believe the Jays can pull this one off.

Good luck to both teams on Friday and I'll be listening in on La Grange's webcast!! Thank goodness for the internet & thank you to the sponsors and staff at La Grange for making the webcast possible!!

hookandladder
09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
The Leps looked very good last night. They made very few errors. The O line dominated the line of scrimmage giving Schneider plenty of time to check off his receivers. The Lep defense is very strong this year and has shut down two teams with very good running backs. With the balqance they showed in their offense last night and this stingy defense they will be tough to beat. I'm sure they had over 100 yards rushing last night and around 500 total yards. Unless this team gets overconfident and lets up they should win a bunch of games this season tough district notwithstanding.

I was not at the game Friday nite however I was told the defense had a hard time stopping their offense. The Dad I talked to said their offense because of miscues at key times like 3rd and short snappinng the ball over the QB's head, also had other mistakes as well at key times. NeedVille's running game should gives us a better idea of where our defense is at, looks like we can handle the outside but can we handle someone running right at us. That is what Bellville, Giddings and Sealy will do, so time we tell.

garciap77
09-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Got to go with the Blue Jays!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/wootrock.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

pancho villa
09-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Bluejays by 28 LaGrange is just to weak up front!

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

:confused: :rolleyes:

hookandladder
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM

Think you maybe stirring the pot, I do not think Needville is that strong of a running team. Still like my Leps especially at home, I will have to say 27-7 La Grange.

teetle
09-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Thes Bluebirds has no speed. theys slow.Theys been doing the same old thing for 4 years. theys run the wing t. Ooh I's likes chicken wings. Thats what Lagrange is going to have is bluebird wings. Speed kills. I ought to know. Sealy has it.:eek:

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Thes Bluebirds has no speed. theys slow.Theys been doing the same old thing for 4 years. theys run the wing t. Ooh I's likes chicken wings. Thats what Lagrange is going to have is bluebird wings. Speed kills. I ought to know. Sealy has it.:eek: How's Sealy's English department? :p ;)

teetle
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Well I's thinks it pretty good. I's just a little behind. But I don't attack you cause you is dumb. If yous thinks that Needville is going to wins, then yous slower than me.:eek:

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Well I's thinks it pretty good. I's just a little behind. But I don't attack you cause you is dumb. If yous thinks that Needville is going to wins, then yous slower than me.:eek: Relax big T....I'm just joshing w/ you. You're cool in my book.....but I DO think the Jays have a chance. They're big and physical this year, and hopefully that can counter some of LG's speed.

Good luck to your Tigers....they are impressive to watch.

pancho villa
09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Think you maybe stirring the pot, I do not think Needville is that strong of a running team. Still like my Leps especially at home, I will have to say 27-7 La Grange.

I would never stir the pot just don't think LaGrange is very good up front. That is why they run the spread.

teetle
09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I's agree everyone has a chance. I's hopes they beat the do do out of LaGrange. Theys is our district. I don't like them anyway.:eek: :eek:

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I would never stir the pot just don't think LaGrange is very good up front. That is why they run the spread. On paper, they DO appear to be big up front from what I've read....but so is Needville. I also am not sure if La Grange has had anyone so far this year run right at them as Needville will no doubt do. Kind of takes away from their speed everyone talks about when instead of trying to make the corner, we're pounding the ball straight at them.

Should be interesting, no doubt. I'll be listening online!

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I's agree everyone has a chance. I's hopes they beat the do do out of LaGrange. Theys is our district. I don't like them anyway.:eek: :eek: yeah...I guess in the district 25 race a Needville win could help Sealy's cause for a title, LOL.

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
On paper, they DO appear to be big up front from what I've read....but so is Needville. I also am not sure if La Grange has had anyone so far this year run right at them as Needville will no doubt do. Kind of takes away from their speed everyone talks about when instead of trying to make the corner, we're pounding the ball straight at them.

Should be interesting, no doubt. I'll be listening online!

The Lep O line is without two starters due to injuries. By district they should be back. The coaches made some excellent adjustments moving the center to tackle and bringing in a very good underclassman to fill the job over the football. The reconstituted O line dominated a very big Yoakum D line last week and managed to stop the Bulldog running game. The Lep linebackers are very fast, hard hitting and have good size in the 6' 190-200 lb range. I don't think Needville will have more success than Lockhart or Yoakum up the middle as those teams had plenty of size and blue chip RBs.

hookandladder
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
The Lep O line is without two starters due to injuries. By district they should be back. The coaches made some excellent adjustments moving the center to tackle and bringing in a very good underclassman to fill the job over the football. The reconstituted O line dominated a very big Yoakum D line last week and managed to stop the Bulldog running game. The Lep linebackers are very fast, hard hitting and have good size in the 6' 190-200 lb range. I don't think Needville will have more success than Lockhart or Yoakum up the middle as those teams had plenty of size and blue chip RBs.

I will agree our LB's are pretty quick and will get after you but their height and weight is a little off, 2 of them I know for sure are closer to 5'10 about 170 lbs. The program may list them bigger but that is not the case, the program is more about how big do you want to be. Some height and weight are very acurate, some are not. I think a lot of schools do the same thing.

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
The Lep O line is without two starters due to injuries. By district they should be back. The coaches made some excellent adjustments moving the center to tackle and bringing in a very good underclassman to fill the job over the football. The reconstituted O line dominated a very big Yoakum D line last week and managed to stop the Bulldog running game. The Lep linebackers are very fast, hard hitting and have good size in the 6' 190-200 lb range. I don't think Needville will have more success than Lockhart or Yoakum up the middle as those teams had plenty of size and blue chip RBs. On offense we are supposed to be about 235-240 up front...we've got a couple of guys over that...but that's the average. Our RBs range from 5'9" 189 to 6'0" and getting close to 200lbs.....on paper of course. I guess all that's left to be said is ..."we'll just have to wait and see". I can't compare Needville to Yoakum or Lockhart, because I haven't seen them play, and it wouldn't be fair or accurate of me to do so......but I CAN promise....Needville WILL be able to move the ball against the Leps.

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
The Leps D line is big this year they have two guys at around 220-230 both quick and physical. In years past the Leps traded speed for size in the middle but this year they have both. The Lep D is solid in the middle.

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Man is it Friday yet?!?!? The days are DRAGGING by!

I sure hope we don't get any rain. Seems that's been a problem so far this season.

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Forecast for Friday night in La Grange is for cloudy skies and a few scattered thunder showers. Hopefully it will clear up for the game. Its been raining here all day with thunder. Now the rain is getting softer and hopefully give us a well needed soaking. By Friday maybe it will have passed through.

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Forecast for Friday night in La Grange is for cloudy skies and a few scattered thunder showers. Hopefully it will clear up for the game. Its been raining here all day with thunder. Now the rain is getting softer and hopefully give us a well needed soaking. By Friday maybe it will have passed through. Hopefully so, we don't need any more weather cancellations this season! We start off 08 w/ a freakin hurricane, and now this season it hasn't stopped raining so far, LOL.

IHStangFan
09-10-2009, 08:23 AM
So it's looking like we might be playing in some rain or on a wet field. That ought to add a whole other dimension to the game. :eek:

Pudlugger
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
The latest forecast is for partly cloudy skies no rain until 1 AM Sat morning. The field will be pretty well dried out by tomorrow night. Go Leps!

IHStangFan
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
The latest forecast is for partly cloudy skies no rain until 1 AM Sat morning. The field will be pretty well dried out by tomorrow night. Go Leps! I hope the forecast stays that way. Don't want this game hindered by the elements. It's already Thurs. afternoon here.....which means I have to wait till early Sat. morning for the game, LOL. DANGIT!!

GO JAYS!

Pudlugger
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been anticipating this match up ever since the first one was canceled last year due to Ike. These two teams should offer a very exciting game.

The Leps are on a roll and are gaining momentum each week to prepare for the gauntlet which will be our district run. Any loss along the way will make the uphill road to the playoffs that much more difficult. It is the psychology of the thing more than the physics. The energy compounds with each game. You can see it in this team...they want to win. Go Leps!

IHStangFan
09-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been anticipating this match up ever since the first one was canceled last year due to Ike. These two teams should offer a very exciting game.

The Leps are on a roll and are gaining momentum each week to prepare for the gauntlet which will be our district run. Any loss along the way will make the uphill road to the playoffs that much more difficult. It is the psychology of the thing more than the physics. The energy compounds with each game. You can see it in this team...they want to win. Go Leps! Yeah, I definitely don't envy anyone in D25 or their road to the playoffs, LOL. On the flip side of that...the teams that do make the playoffs from D25 will be "battle tested" going in. I sure hope the game is as good as I think it CAN be. I'm kind of on the outside looking in though, as I haven't gotten to see the Jays in person yet this year. I'm going basically on things I've read. :eek:

footballguru
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I here some Lep starters may not be able to play Friday due to sickness. One on defense and one on offense. Hope they recover in time.

hookandladder
09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by footballguru
I here some Lep starters may not be able to play Friday due to sickness. One on defense and one on offense. Hope they recover in time.

Yes this true, could be a major factor on the offensive side.

TRENCHES06
09-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Yes this true, could be a major factor on the offensive side.

Don't believe every rumor you hear...

hookandladder
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Don't believe every rumor you hear...

It is not a rumor, there was one for sure that went home with the flu earlier in the week. Hopefully he will recover quickly, he may be back already don't know for sure. We had 2 starters out last week( Freshmen) because of the flu, if you miss X # of practices during the week it can lead to no game time on Friday. Do not know weather it is Doctor related or Athletic Policy.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
GAME DAY!!!!.........hopefully! LOL.

hookandladder
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
GAME DAY!!!!.........hopefully! LOL.

Game day, field is in great shape. Games played last night with no problems, also Leps Varsity players should be good to go. The one offensive player I mention that was sick, is back. That is big for us to win tonight.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
:clap: Glad to hear the player is okay! I will DEFINITELY be listening in tonight. Iraq to La Grange via the internet......technology is great! :)

jaydog34
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
im glad everybody is healthy im glad that both teams will have thier best players on the field so we get a true picture of what both teams are like. that will eliminate any excuses of the outcome.

hookandladder
09-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jaydog34
im glad everybody is healthy im glad that both teams will have thier best players on the field so we get a true picture of what both teams are like. that will eliminate any excuses of the outcome.

There will not be any excuses from LG, win or lose. You are thinking of the wrong D-25 team. We give credit where credit is due, good or bad for us.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
There will not be any excuses from LG, win or lose. You are thinking of the wrong D-25 team. We give credit where credit is due, good or bad for us. hehehe....you are alright in my book hook. :D

jaydog34
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
wasnt referring to la grange making excuses as far as the outcome just making a statement that its nice to see a big matchup with all the pieces put together. you dont want to see a big game with all the hype and have back ups playing or a key starter out where it through a kink in things. its best on best and that makes for a great game.

hookandladder
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
We have had light rain for the last hour, so get ready for a wet night in La Grange.

LHS 2SONS
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey STANG 3 hours till kickoff

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
Hey STANG 3 hours till kickoff Roger that! closing in on 1am here. Got my energy drink right here! I'm ready to go! :)

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey guys/gals.....

My internet connection is being kinda flakey.......is someone going to be posting updates here just in case I cannot get the audio stream to stay connected?

allforball
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Major downpour in LG!!

hookandladder
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys/gals.....

My internet connection is being kinda flakey.......is someone going to be posting updates here just in case I cannot get the audio stream to stay connected?

Not looking good in La Grange,Tx.,just started raining very hard. I will be surprised if we get the game in, in Austin the news was saying possibly 12 " tonight.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Damn......two years in a row now canceled due to weather? Say it isn't so!! I'll be very upset if that is the case. :mad:

Pudlugger
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Rain stopped about an hour ago. Its very cloudy and humid but not raining so I'm off to the game. Heads up IHStangFan!:D

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Rain stopped about an hour ago. Its very cloudy and humid but not raining so I'm off to the game. Heads up IHStangFan!:D SWEEEEEET Brotha!! Be careful man and good luck!

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Ummm...it's gametime and KBUK is still playing music....what gives?

Old Tiger
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Needville QB/special teams coach is a good one...I got to go with them!

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone know what's goin on w/ this one? KBUK is still playing music. Did the broadcast get dropped or is the game delayed/canceled?

Updates?

Thanks!

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Okay.....this game is just getting under way....I guess it was delayed.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 08:42 PM
My internet connection is crap....must be some jackass chewing up all the bandwidth w/ a download or something....

but best I can make out....early 1st...Needville driving and fumbles.....La Grange recovers.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
sounded like Needville marched down into the redzone and coughed up the ball again....

My feed keeps trying to buffer about every 10 seconds.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Another weather delay with 6:23 left in the 1st Qtr

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Another weather delay with 6:23 left in the 1st Qtr Thanks B.E. I can't get the webfeed to play for more than a couple of seconds before it starts trying to rebuffer. Someone around me here is REEEEAAAALLLY chewing up the bandwidth.

Is there a score in this one? Did I hear correctly that Needville had already turned the ball over 2 times? I knew that was going to be an issue.

Are they moving the ball well at least?

If you aren't listening to any other games....PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE post updates here when it gets back underway!! :kiss:

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm having trouble with their webcast, game was tied 0-0.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm having trouble with their webcast, game was tied 0-0. Thanks B.E. I really appreciate any info you can contribute here. I've given up trying to listen to it.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Back under way....Needville moving the ball...and fumbles AGAIN!!! THREE FREAKIN TURNOVERS....IN THE 1ST QUARTER!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Needville D holds.....La Grange to punt....BLOCKED.....1st down Needville @ Leps 34yd line.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
ANOTHER fumble.....this time Needville falls on it. Ball at the Leps' 17.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Jays to the 5yd line...1st and goal.

2nd down on the 3yd line.

This is REALLY hard to follow....my feed is rebuffering about every 5 seconds...

Loss of 5.....3rd and goal from Leps' 8yd line

I think we might have fumbled AGAIN....but I guess they are saying he was down.

end of 1st.....not sure who has the ball now....said something about Needville letting the clock run out.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:41 PM
penalty on someone.....3rd down for Needville I think.....

back down to the 5yd line....think Needville is trying a FG.

I'm only getting about 3-5 words now before my feed refreshes.

23yd FG?

Needville 3
La Grange 0
11:51 left in 1st half.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Sounds like Leps about to score....my feed is now taking longer to rebuffer than the actual broadcast I'm hearing inbetween buffers

Leps on Needville 16yd line

down to the 8yd line.....4th down.

Think LG called a time out.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:51 PM
4th and 2 at the 8yd line of Needville for the Leps.

1st down on the 5yd line.

Can someone who's game is already over PRETTY PLEASE help me out here? LOL.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
TD La Grange

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:53 PM
TD La Grange Thanks B.E. I'm having the worst luck.....when I DO hear something....it's usually the announcer talking inbetween plays....."2 WR, (insert name here) in the back field"....then it'll buffer...I miss the play almost every time. :mad:

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I give up.....I can't stay connected anymore. I'm getting nothing. I'm guessing someone is downloading torrents or something.....and now it's time that people are waking up so it is now officially CRAWLING. I hate sharing bandwidth w/ a "neighborhood" full of people.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I THINK the score is:

Needville 10
La Grange 6
?????

Jays INT'd Leps and scored 4 plays later?

Hard to make out what's goin on.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I THINK the score is:

Needville 10
La Grange 6
?????

Jays INT'd Leps and scored 4 plays later?

Hard to make out what's goin on. I'm sorry it's:

Needville 11
La Grange 8
?????

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Needville 9-8 with little over a minute to play in the first half.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Starting to rain hard again? Great.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 10:20 PM
The Needville DE intercepted a LG screen to set up the score. Needville went for two, but was stopped.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 10:22 PM
AH okay....I never heard if he got in or not.

So it's halftime?

Needville 9
LG 8
???

I really wish I could hear this game. It SOUNDS like it's a nail biter.

From what I HAVE heard, Needville has turned the ball over several times. :(

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Needville driving down to the LG 20, personal foul on the Leps. Needville first & 10 on the Leps 10 yd line.

Antec
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Heard they had a heavy rain delay there

buff4ever
09-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Touchdown needville, 15-8 they lead. they missed the extra point

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:02 PM
TD Needville

Needville 15
La Grange 8
3Q

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Well crap....Needville had em stopped on 4th down and then commits two penalties back to back. :doh:

garciap77
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Go Needville !

buff4ever
09-11-2009, 11:11 PM
oh, offensive interference on lg during a td reception

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I think LG just scored...not sure....can't stay connected long enough to hear a full play.

buff4ever
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
touchdown pass, and extra point is missed to the left. one point favor to needville

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
can someone keep us posted....I'm not getting anything....just keeps buffering.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Leps come up with an interception & a 15 yard penalty on Needville.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
turnovers and penalties are KILLING us.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
LG foced to punt, Needville starts at their 21 yd line.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
LG on Needville's 31 & driving.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
QB sneak to the 6 yd line.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:35 PM
TD pass for LG.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Come on Jays....don't run out of gas now!!

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
LG 22-15 with about 7 mins remaining.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Needville down to the LG 28 & driving.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Needville scores a TD, going for the tie. Xpt is good.

22-22 with about 5 mins to play.

Bull's-eye
09-11-2009, 11:52 PM
TD La Grange.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
LG wins 28-22.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Wow what a game!

Congrats to the Leps on a hard fought victory tonight, & good luck going forward.

Good game Blue Jays. We gotta work on those turnovers and penalties.

We get another crack at D25 next week when we take on Columbus!

:clap:

Hold those heads high! We're proud of you!

hookandladder
09-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Considering the conditions what a great game, Needville has a very balanced offense with some really tough RB's. The QB is a great athlete and also a great leader, Needville will be hard to beat in any District. What can you say about LG's QB but amazing, being sick most all week and come out in this weather have the game he did. Also Wilkerson #9 for LG has to be one of the best receiver's in 3A football, he showed tonight he is the go to guy. Good luck to Needville in D-26, they will be hard to beat.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Leps hold on to get the win in a very soggy football game. Both teams had difficulty holding onto the football. The Leps defense managed to contain the Jays just enough to allow the offense to take charge in the fourth quarter to eek out a narrow victory over a big physical Jays football team.

Neither team ever established enough momentum to sustain an advantage. The game was delayed 1 hour before kickoff and then 30 minutes halfway into the first quarter.
Then it was raining frogs for most of the second quarter. The rain was really intense during the halftime break ruining any chances of hot dogs and nachos let alone band shows. The Jays had a load of good athletes and will compete for the title in D26. Hats off to both teams for giving a no quit performance in very adverse conditions. John Madden would be proud of all the muddy uniforms and clumps of grass stuck in the face masks when it was all over.

Bull's-eye
09-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Would you say that the rain effective both teams equally? Needville had several early fumbles & I kept hearing the announcer talking about balls that went through the hands of the LG receivers. I would think that the rain would hinder a passing team more, but Needville really shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Curious to see these two teams play in better conditions, I'm sure it would be just as close. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes I would say that the rain was a factor for both teams. For the Jays it contributed to several drive ending fumbles(although the Lep defenders were really putting the wood to the ball carriers last night). The Lep receivers dropped several passes that they normally would catch due to the wet. In the end the Leps stepped it up a notch or two and took control of the game. The coaches had them take a knee inside the 5 at the end so the score was closer than it might have been. The Jays are the best team on offense that the Leps had played and they deserve a lot of credit. I would expect them to make the playoffs in D26 Div 1.