Mean Green Fan
09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
From another site in San Antonio

lbjacj
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
24-0:eek:

sotex
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
what happened to the Texans? Is Dripping Springs that good?

Mean Green Fan
09-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Dripping Springs 24
Wimberley 0
FINAL

TexDad
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
DS is pretty good. #7 QB can run and throw well. Texans kept making mistakes, turnovers and penalties. Game actually closer than the score. Texans QB went down with injury late in the game. Condition unknown.

sotex
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Injuries stink. I hope it's not serious.

gold_33
09-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Were gonna have to make some adjustments on offense, not enough talent to run the spread plan and simple. Qb is not a passer and looks to run first it seems like and DS was loading up for it and bringing the house, receivers arent getting open and just dont seem like they fit the spread like our 05-06 teams did. We need to go more run orriented outta different formations and utilize Smith more instead of him having to break tackles in the backfield with the spread because teams are coming because we seem one dimensional. We have the talent and speed to have be a great rushing team we just need to adapt to the talent we have and make the changes. D looked good, just always on the field and eventually got wore down towards the end, if we dont figure something out we will struggle, we just didnt look like a championship caliber team tonight and hopefully the coaches will make some changes or we may not make it through district.

wimbo_pro
09-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Last minute change in my schedule prevented me from going to DS for this game. I am disappointed to hear that we havent adjusted to our talent level. I was told we were indeed going to run a lot more due to the talent, so this is a little of a surprise.

We made tons of mistakes last week too...so they continued? I was told that DS was going to be the best they have been in a while...is this true?

TexanAlum_06
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Were gonna have to make some adjustments on offense, not enough talent to run the spread plan and simple. Qb is not a passer and looks to run first it seems like and DS was loading up for it and bringing the house, receivers arent getting open and just dont seem like they fit the spread like our 05-06 teams did. We need to go more run orriented outta different formations and utilize Smith more instead of him having to break tackles in the backfield with the spread because teams are coming because we seem one dimensional. We have the talent and speed to have be a great rushing team we just need to adapt to the talent we have and make the changes. D looked good, just always on the field and eventually got wore down towards the end, if we dont figure something out we will struggle, we just didnt look like a championship caliber team tonight and hopefully the coaches will make some changes or we may not make it through district.

Gold I usually agree with you but I have to disagree on your statement about Blakemoore. I think he is a pretty good passer. Did you miss last week against Luling? I know the stats dont look good for blakemoore last night but i think he will be fine. He is a better QB than Scudder IMO. I also think we do have the talent on offense to run the spread. Brennan Blakemoore and Chase Brown are talented receivers. I think they should try to get Norboge on the field more, maybe put him in at WR.

How did Smith look this week? Was he back at full speed?

I think if anything our defense is lacking some athleticism, mainly in the secondary. While last nights game is dissapointing, its not all that surprising. We just played a team that was just better than us. Dripping is going to have a good year. We have a lot of stufff to work on for sure. Im confident we will be ready for district.