PDA

View Full Version : Great Game- Graham 21 Abilene Wylie 18

VWG
09-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Graham's split veer ground attack outlasted a late Bulldog aerial show to defeat Wylie. Graham now has a 21 game winning streak at home.
Finally, Graham's offense was able to click on all cylinders and the defense held up for a good 3 qtrs. to beat Wylie.
Wylie's soph. QB is going to be pretty good. He was shut down through the air for most of the game, but had some great scrambles for good yards. Halftime was Graham 14 Wylie 6.
Wylie's QB came back in the fourth quarter with some solid passing to lead the Bulldogs back to within 21-18. ( They should have been closer but Wylie screwed up all three extra point attempts )
Graham's big RB Condron chewed up tough yards and one long TD run to keep the Bulldogs at bay. At one point in the game Graham ran 4 straight plays all to Condron and all the same play for good yardage. First time I've ever seen Sandifer (Wylie coach) not able to come out in 2nd half and shut down a "money play" from the opponent.
Give Wylie time, as their QB matures they will be a factor and the rematch against Graham will come in bi-district.
For now, great game to watch and can't wait for the rematch.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-19-2003, 11:25 PM
VWG:

I saw the highlights on the news tonight! Congrats on the win. Looks like we will have a really tough district this year. Breckenridge took out Ballinger tonight and I haven't seen a Childress score but there were 3-0 going in. Vernon played almost flawless tonight and IP looks to be strong too.

VWG
09-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
VWG:

I saw the highlights on the news tonight! Congrats on the win. Looks like we will have a really tough district this year. Breckenridge took out Ballinger tonight and I haven't seen a Childress score but there were 3-0 going in. Vernon played almost flawless tonight and IP looks to be strong too.I still think the district race comes down to the "big three". Vernon, Iowa Park, and Graham.
Breckenridge and Childress have faded in past years after good pre-district schedules.

Wbulldogs
09-20-2003, 03:48 PM
it seemed like we couldnt get ne offense the first half and that running game graham had was pretty good...im proud of m teamates for never giving up and playing till the last tick of the clock...expect good things from case keenum...he threw 6 passes to me for 146 yards in the second half..we just need to play like he second half the whole game

MustangMadness
09-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Congrats to Graham on a well fought victory against wylie, Our team has great respect for both of those teams and Good luck to Graham the rest of the season and well be meeting up with wylie this friday in wylie and we will always have great respect for yall but once on the field all bets are off!

VWG
09-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Wbulldogs:
it seemed like we couldnt get ne offense the first half and that running game graham had was pretty good...im proud of m teamates for never giving up and playing till the last tick of the clock...expect good things from case keenum...he threw 6 passes to me for 146 yards in the second half..we just need to play like he second half the whole game

#3I agree that the Soph. QB will be a good one. Just give him some time. I think he could stand to be in the pocket a little more before he trys to break out and scramble. Throws a nice ball though.
I would have thought Sandifer would have blitzed more to stop the Steers running game. Sweetwater had tremendous success with putting 7-8 guys in the box and blitzing the gaps to stop Graham. Never have seen Sandifer get out-coached but I thought that Bourquin and his staff may have done that this past Friday night.

Excel94
09-22-2003, 09:58 PM
I agree that Coach Sandifer was out coached. I just knew he would come out after half time with a way to stop #42. Congratulations to Graham they deserved to win that one. I also felt like the young soph QB for Wylie was getting happy feet he did have receivers open that he failed to get the ball to in the first half. Wylie also better quit putting the ball on the ground they seem to be having the same problems they had last year with fumbling. The fumbling seems to set the tone for the last two games they have lost. Graham has a great team can't wait until these two teams meet up again.