PDA

View Full Version : Who will be coming into 16 3A ??

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Heard from New Bostons AD yesterday that they are at 395. Probably back down to 2A for them. Big ?? Who will come into district?? Hmm:thinking:

waterboy
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Heard from New Bostons AD yesterday that they are at 395. Probably back down to 2A for them. Big ?? Who will come into district?? Hmm:thinking:
Who knows? After all, it IS the UIL we're talking about.:rolleyes: I look for the UIL to go east instead of south to replace somebody in that district.......maybe Paris, North Lamar, or both, then move somebody like Pittsburg back down to our area. That makes the most sense.

:doh: Oh crap........the most sense? Haha......"sense" and "UIL" don't belong in the same sentence......:D

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Who knows? After all, it IS the UIL we're talking about.:rolleyes: I look for the UIL to go east instead of south to replace somebody in that district.......maybe Paris, North Lamar, or both, then move somebody like Pittsburg back down to our area. That makes the most sense.

:doh: Oh crap........the most sense? Haha......"sense" and "UIL" don't belong in the same sentence......:D I was shocked they were that low. The last time UIL made it a 5 team district. That was stupid . 2 open dates and basically could get in playoffs with 2-3 wins. Thought bout East but that would put Atlanta way out unless they slide them south some way.

waterboy
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, if New Boston goes back to 2A, that leaves one open spot in that district. Instead of going south (even further away), I think they would go east and put Paris and North Lamar back in that district. That would mean they would have to drop another team out, most likely Pittsburg, because I can't see even the UIL splitting the 2 Paris teams into separate districts.

But, like I say, we ARE talking about the UIL.......:thinking: :D

WildTexan972
09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
so now Paris is EAST of those 16-3A teams?

shocking news they moved an entire town....or some of those east texas ejukashuns ain't good fer east and west cipherin....

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

shocking news they moved an entire town....or some of those east texas ejukashuns ain't good fer east and west cipherin....

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Not any East of me but North Eastern part of state as opposed to going down toward heart of East Texas .

waterboy
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

WTH? "ejukashun"? I guess you have your own vocabulary up there in the cultured metropolis of Celina....:rolleyes: Some people out here in the real world actually do know their geography. Ever heard of a typo, or is that a word in the Celinacan language?

LE knew I MEANT west. I don't know why I said east.......if he went east he'd be in Arkansas.:eek:

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM
WTH? "ejukashun"? I guess you have your own vocabulary up there in the cultured metropolis of Celina....:rolleyes: Some people out here in the real world actually do know their geography. Ever heard of a typo, or is that a word in the Celinacan language?

LE knew I MEANT west. I don't know why I said east.......if he went east he'd be in Arkansas.:eek: :D LOL I am in that forsaken place Now. Dont worry heading toward Texas fast.

waterboy
09-04-2009, 02:26 PM
:D LOL I am in that forsaken place Now. Dont worry heading toward Texas fast.
Don't make any stops over there. We don't want you becoming a statistic.:D If you start hearing banjos, step on the gas......;)

icu812
09-04-2009, 03:34 PM
What about the bottom number. What do you think it'll be? 14-3A has 3 teams in the 400's.

Matthew328
09-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I would bet Lindale and Henderson drop and maybe even Jacksonville..so that could cause some moving around also....outside shot Kilgore drops also

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by icu812
What about the bottom number. What do you think it'll be? 14-3A has 3 teams in the 400's. It was 429 this time and I don't see it going down. Who knows how much it will go up, the UIL will do some crazy stuff.

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I would bet Lindale and Henderson drop and maybe even Jacksonville..so that could cause some moving around also....outside shot Kilgore drops also That would make a huge East Texas mess. I thought Lindale might drop last time but somehow they stayed up. UIL is gonna have fun with this. I haven't looked at Atlantas #s, but they aren't putting many athletes on field so I wonder how close they are to dropping? It could really make huge regional shift. Oh well gonna be fun.

icu812
09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
That would make a huge East Texas mess. I thought Lindale might drop last time but somehow they stayed up. UIL is gonna have fun with this. I haven't looked at Atlantas #s, but they aren't putting many athletes on field so I wonder how close they are to dropping? It could really make huge regional shift. Oh well gonna be fun.

Lindale is still a growing area. It would surprise me if they drop. Word is Kilgore is under 1000 as of right now. That'll shake 3A up!!! In my opinion if Kilgore drops they will contend nearly every year.

I think if the bottom # is 450 or more our district 14-3A will lose Eustace and Mineola. I think Kemp is around 490 so they probably remain 3A. Van, Canton, Wills Point are for sure 3A.

waterboy
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
That would make a huge East Texas mess. I thought Lindale might drop last time but somehow they stayed up. UIL is gonna have fun with this. I haven't looked at Atlantas #s, but they aren't putting many athletes on field so I wonder how close they are to dropping? It could really make huge regional shift. Oh well gonna be fun.
Atlanta had around 570 last time around, I think, so I don't think they'll be dropping down. I guess, depending on where the UIL sets the number, there will be a few drop downs from 4A to 5A, and 3A to 2A. If they raise the numbers for each classification like is being rumored (even by a few), it's really gonna shake things up in East Texas. Henderson, Lindale, Kilgore, and Jacksonville are smaller 4A teams on the bubble of moving down.

I guess we just need to see what the enrollment is over at Abilene Wylie to see where the upper cutoff number will be.:D

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Atlanta had around 570 last time around, I think, so I don't think they'll be dropping down. I guess, depending on where the UIL sets the number, there will be a few drop downs from 4A to 5A, and 3A to 2A. If they raise the numbers for each classification like is being rumored (even by a few), it's really gonna shake things up in East Texas. Henderson, Lindale, Kilgore, and Jacksonville are smaller 4A teams on the bubble of moving down.

I guess we just need to see what the enrollment is over at Abilene Wylie to see where the upper cutoff number will be.:D Lol yeah we got a while to Feb. :D