PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Runningback LaGarrette Blount

Electus Unus
09-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Is a moron....that is all

D_bird
09-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Agreed, it doesn't matter what is said, you dont go throwing sucker punches after a game.

Of course you really shouldn't say anything either, but wow throw a punch and then go after some fans...:eek: :rolleyes:

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I am not condoning his action AT ALL...but Boise State player (94) shows no class in taunting Blount at the end whistle...

Sad way for both players to represent their programs at the close of a game.

trojan37
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I think he and the player from Boise are both morons. The guy from Boise shouldn't have been running his mouth, but the tirade from the Oregon douche bag was completely ridiculous.

Electus Unus
09-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Any guess on how long Blount will be suspended or if he'll be kicked off the team?

I say kicked off the team.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Any guess on how long Blount will be suspended or if he'll be kicked off the team?

I say kicked off the team.

1 game for sure.

I think 3.

You shouldn't kick him off the team though, that ain't helping him at all. Not to mention he's your starting HB.

Electus Unus
09-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
1 game for sure.

I think 3.

You shouldn't kick him off the team though, that ain't helping him at all. Not to mention he's your starting HB. Here is a little bit of history and this isn't his first time being in trouble

- Suspended this past spring for "failure to fulfil team obligations"
- Chip Kelly, the Oregon head coached, kicked him out of the first practice of fall camp

Emerson1
09-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I think he is off the team, not for the punch but for going crazy on the fans and security + his prior stuff.

Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaswbYnf8Sc&feature=player_embedded

The Boise player had it and coming and in no way was it a sucker punch, he got in his face, talked crap then got the crap knocked out of him.

big daddy russ
09-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Does this mean Liberty-Eylau's LaMichael James assumes the starters' role?

IrishTex
09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Here's the video from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4444840

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 06:42 AM
That is why things need to be done while these kids are in high school to show them this kind of thing will not be tollerated, to many punk kids think they can do anything because they are stars and as long as there are coaches out there that let them it will never stop. I am tired of seeing coaches continuiously letting kids be punks and play.

plpsftball
09-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Remo who where you talking about?

Maroon87
09-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Memo to #94 for Boise...if you're gonna talk smack, keep your helmet on.;)

That was out of line by Blount...the punch on the Boise player was bad enough but he even punched his own teammate who was trying to restrain him. Looks like we've got another Pac Man on our hands...:doh:

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
i agree Maroon...totally. NO punch though is nec like he did it...would go with just the reaction to the taunt but then to do what he did to his own players and the fans, he stayed out of control. Like how he punched the guy then back up cowardly and quickly.

poisoned10
09-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I say kick him off the team. It's 1 thing to hit a player, but to then go after fans too is just insane.

And after the way he and Oregon played last night, it's not like they would be hurting without him.

Blount had 8 carries for -5 yards.

James had 2 carries for 22 yards and was the leading rusher for Oregon.

I think they would be just as good without Blount. Or just as bad. Either one.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Cadetdad
iLike how he punched the guy then back up cowardly and quickly. Likely cause there was a bunch of Boise St players around him. I say instinctually it prevented him from catching one to the chin, wasn't like he ran, just got out range from errant punches. As someone said on Texaaaasports, apparently that guys team mates didn't care for him either haha.

1st and goal
09-04-2009, 07:54 AM
The guy belongs in jail.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
The guy belongs in jail. :rolleyes:

turbostud
09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
That Boise player should have Duck'd! :D

cl1481
09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I think Blount was stupid for his reaction, but just like we were told in high school act like you have won before and win with class. If the Boise DE would have done that there would not have been an altercation.

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
No reason for a punch if you cant take being taunted. They taunt on every play so you do your payback on the field. Nothing more than a low blow by a low guy.

turbostud
09-04-2009, 08:20 AM
No reason for a punch if you cant take being taunted. They taunt on every play so you do your payback on the field. Nothing more than a low blow by a low guy.

I agree. If you can dish it, you got to be able to take it back.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 08:21 AM
No reason for a punch if you cant take being taunted. They taunt on every play so you do your payback on the field. Nothing more than a low blow by a low guy. Game was over. He acted classless, and got clocked. Two wrongs don't make a right, but he caught a right as result LOL.

turbostud
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
The guy was a knucklehead to begin with. IMO no way the coach keeps him on the team.

"There’s a lot of talent here, but also reason to be concerned. Blount returns after rushing for 1,002 yards and a UO school-record 17 touchdowns as a junior college transfer in 2008. He’s a big, powerful guy, not the quickest of backs, but agile enough to leap over defenders and fast when given enough open field to reach top speed. It’s been a tumultuous offseason for Blount. He went back and forth on whether to enter the NFL draft, was suspended for his lack of commitment to academics and winter conditioning workouts, then showed up to spring practice out of shape before being sidelined by a foot injury. Blount said all the right things this summer, and he looks to be in better shape; on the other hand, as opposed to somebody like a Nate Costa or Jeremiah Masoli, Blount wasn’t at every workout attended by R-G reporters this summer, though admittedly that’s a small sample size, and there are legitimate reasons for guys to be absent. The Ducks need Blount to be focused this fall, on and off the field, and they’ll look for him to put this shaky offseason behind him when camp begins Friday."Link (http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/fall-camp-preview-running-backs/)

BobcatBenny
09-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
That Boise player should have Duck'd! :D
:clap:

sahen
09-04-2009, 08:48 AM
my guess is the boise player was saying something to Blount since he was in the media proclaiming they were going to whoop Boise's a** for what happened last year...Blount apparantly can dish it out but cant take it...if he just punched the dude then i'd say he'd be suspended for a game, maybe the rest of non-conference since he is a repeat offender, but wailing on your own team mate, going after the fans, and then fighting security probably warrants kicking him out completely....

Blount is gonna hurt his team if he gets kicked out but will hurt himself more...he is a big guy and had a real shot at the NFL if he duplicated last year's results or bettered them...if he is kicked out then i dunno if anyone will touch him since it's not like he'd be a superstar in the league....most likely a good short yardage and goal line back...

STANG RED
09-04-2009, 08:54 AM
He'll be lucky if assault charges arent filed against him. And it may be several. Maybe thats what he needs. A little scared straight action from cellmate Bubba might do him some good.

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
He'll be lucky if assault charges arent filed against him. And it may be several. Maybe thats what he needs. A little scared straight action from cellmate Bubba might do him some good.

very true.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
A little scared straight action from cellmate Bubba might do him some good. He'd probably punch him too LOL

BreckTxLonghorn
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Give Blount 4 games for taking a swing at Hout, and indefiintely for attacking the fans. It'll make his suspension indefinite, but shows the that his punishment wasn't fully due to getting taunted.

I'd also suspend Hout 2 games for instigating too, maybe even 3. Make it a point this year (especially considering NCAA is trying to really enforce sportsmanship) that actions like that will not be allowed.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM

It's really easy to take the high road in your living room or here in a chat room.

These players, as most of you know, sacrifice their time and effort all year to get a chance to play on that field.

Oregon already took one in the chin last year from Boise St. So much so that Blount gave them locker room material BEFORE last night's game. This dude was already frustrated. Then Boise whips them again and more specifically shuts Blount down. He was a walking powder keg.

How classless was it for Boise player to kick him while he is down? Should the Boise player be punished equally?

All this talk about kicking Blount off the team is nonsense.

Suspend him: Yes

Punish him: Yes

Make him an example for all other players: Of Course

But if you kick him off the team you are committing a third wrong in this series of events.

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 09:20 AM
what happens to a University of O student if he punches someone on campus and its all caught on video?

Ex-Tiger2005
09-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Does this mean Liberty-Eylau's LaMichael James assumes the starters' role?

He was blazing fast! I thought he was better anyways last night.

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
KEYSTONE....If you read above post on this, this isnt the first incident with this player....he has already been in trouble for team problem, showing up out of shape, didnt attend any summer programs and missed several practices during fall...so its a trend, he thinks he is better than everyone else but all he is is a so so back for a so so team.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 09:53 AM
KEYSTONE....If you read above post on this, this isnt the first incident with this player....he has already been in trouble for team problem, showing up out of shape, didnt attend any summer programs and missed several practices during fall...so its a trend, he thinks he is better than everyone else but all he is is a so so back for a so so team.

Please stop confusing football issues with personal issues. The fact he showed up "out of shape" bares no weight in this discussion.

I agree he is a problem, which is why I think he needs the close knit football community around him. Again saying Oregon is a "so-so" program is not only untrue, but it has nothing to do with this situation.

And if you are playing Division I football you are anything but "so-so"

I don't not agree with Blounts actions at all. I think it was a classless move in a series of classless moves.

I honestly will be shocked if he is kicked off the team permanently.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what happens to a University of O student if he punches someone on campus and its all caught on video?

I guess it depends on why he punched him...

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 09:59 AM
what happens to a University of O student if he punches someone on campus and its all caught on video? was this game played on UO campus? LOL :p

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
ok...well...what if an Oregon student punches someone on the streets and its caught on tape? The police get a hold of that tape? What happens to that student because there is about a 95% chance he is charged with assault. Does the school dismis him after the assault charges?

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 10:07 AM
ok...well...what if an Oregon student punches someone on the streets and its caught on tape? The police get a hold of that tape? What happens to that student because there is about a 95% chance he is charged with assault. Does the school dismis him after the assault charges? was this game played on the streets? LOL :p

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
did he punch him during the game?

Emerson1
It was after

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5231/16gkdft.gif

DDBooger
did he punch him during the game? did he punch him on the street?

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It was after

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5231/16gkdft.gif do you think he was out?

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
ok...well...what if an Oregon student punches someone on the streets and its caught on tape? The police get a hold of that tape? What happens to that student because there is about a 95% chance he is charged with assault. Does the school dismis him after the assault charges?

No the school will not dismiss him.

I think if you are trying to make a point you are going about it the wrong way.

Buckeye1980
09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Please stop confusing football issues with personal issues.

I agree he is a problem, which is why I think he needs the close knit football community around him.

Making that statement leads one to beleive that you want a team full of trouble makers so they can become " a close knit football community"? If he has an anger problem , he needs to deal with first , without football, and if he can control that issue , then play football....SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
do you think he was out?

No he was wide-eyed and ready to retaliate.

If the head coach wasn't the guy that picked him up it could have got out of hand.

trojan37
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Once again, Blount should not have thrown the punch, but Hout should learn to keep his mouth shut. It's real simple, shake hands and walk off the field.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Once again, Blount should not have thrown the punch, but Hout should learn to keep his mouth shut. It's real simple, shake hands and walk off the field. Exactly. Lesson learned.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Making that staement leads one to beleive that you want a team full of trouble makers so they can become " a close knit football community"? If he has an anger problem , he needs to deal with first , without football, and if he can control that issue , then play football....SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Wow what a "SUPER EDIT" out of context....lol

We can agree to disagree.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Once again, Blount should not have thrown the punch, but Hout should learn to keep his mouth shut. It's real simple, shake hands and walk off the field.

Amen

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM

He'd probably punch him too LOL

he would probably get donkey punched in return

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:21 AM
this isnt a football issue. This has now become a legal issue for him. I have been around football for a while now and this is something that shouldn't be tolerated. You shouldn't be able to use "football" as an excuse to let something like this happen.

Here is the problem I have with the entire issue. I have a good friend that can no longer get a coaching job in public schools because of an assault charge stemming from punching a guy in public with a police officer seeing it. He was a great football player in college and never got in trouble while he was in college yet if this had happened while he was still playing, more than likely, nothing would have happened to him. He probably would have sat out a game. Why are these guys protected? Why do they get a free pass when if this were to happen on the street, chances are they can go to jail.

I am an educator and in my school if a kid throws a punch and its caught on our security cameras, they go to jail immediatly.

shamu85
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
this isnt a football issue. This has now become a legal issue for him. I have been around football for a while now and this is something that shouldn't be tolerated. You shouldn't be able to use "football" as an excuse to let something like this happen.

I am an educator and in my school if a kid throws a punch and its caught on our security cameras, they go to jail immediatly.

This is the same argument I make when it comes to coaches cussing at the kids. Why do the kids get disciplined for it but not the coaches? I agree with you totally that "football" is used as an excuse for way to many indiscretions.

BTW, all you apparent Blount defenders, do any of you know what Hout actually said to him, and that it was taunting?

Bullaholic
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Please stop confusing football issues with personal issues. The fact he showed up "out of shape" bares no weight in this discussion.

I agree he is a problem, which is why I think he needs the close knit football community around him. Again saying Oregon is a "so-so" program is not only untrue, but it has nothing to do with this situation.

And if you are playing Division I football you are anything but "so-so"

I don't not agree with Blounts actions at all. I think it was a classless move in a series of classless moves.

This comes down to the old "athletic abilty vs character" argument. I personally don't think a player's abilty or value to a team---any team, including the ones I support-- outweighs severe personal character issues and extreme behavior. If a player's character issues are severe and ongoing, I say you get rid of them, just like an employeer would do with a repeat-offender bad employee.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM

Here is the problem I have with the entire issue. I have a good friend that can no longer get a coaching job in public schools because of an assault charge stemming from punching a guy in public with a police officer seeing it. He was a great football player in college and never got in trouble while he was in college yet if this had happened while he was still playing, more than likely, nothing would have happened to him. He probably would have sat out a game. Why are these guys protected? Why do they get a free pass when if this were to happen on the street, chances are they can go to jail.

Well honestly I wouldn't want this kid Blount coaching at a public school either.

But playing and coaching are VERY VERY different.

It's not a football issue. It's 2 kids fighting for the wrong reasons. As I have said this entire thread they both need to be reprimanded.

I just disagree with kicking the player off the team.

shamu85
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
But playing and coaching are VERY VERY different.

In an adult player-adult coach situation, I see absolutely no difference at all. Both are responsible for their own actions, and should have to answer for them.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
In an adult player-adult coach situation, I see absolutely no difference at all. Both are responsible for their own actions, and should have to answer for them.

What????

A coach punches some guy out in public and 2 players act stupidly on the field and you think it's the same?

again we can agree to disagree.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2009, 10:37 AM
If I'm coaching the Ducks and he throws a punch at some guys whose taunting him, I suspend for 3 games, but as soon as I see him go after fans, combined with having to already kick him out of a practice earlier this fall, I would kick him off the team... that's what I would do if I was in charge, JMO

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM

BTW, all you apparent Blount defenders, do any of you know what Hout actually said to him, and that it was taunting? Who's defending him? Punk ran his mouth, another punk punched him. I'd say the Oregon coach trying to restrain Hout tells me they weren't exchanging pleasantries.

Electus Unus
09-04-2009, 10:39 AM

It's not a football issue. It's 2 kids fighting for the wrong reasons. As I have said this entire thread they both need to be reprimanded.

I just disagree with kicking the player off the team. two kids fighting? I only seen one punch thrown and that was by Blount.

If he's been suspended before and kicked out of team practices and shown up over weight and out of shape then this should be the straw that broke the camels back.

Not only did he punch the guy but he got into a big shoving match with HIS OWN TEAM MATE before he tried to fight the fans.

Before you say that showing up over weight and out of shape is not a big deal but to college coaches and everyone involved with a program it is. You are giving the kid a VERY expensive scholarship and him showing up like that shows lack of work ethic, dedication, and respect to his coaches and team mates.

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:41 AM
This is the same argument I make when it comes to coaches cussing at the kids. Why do the kids get disciplined for it but not the coaches? I agree with you totally that "football" is used as an excuse for way to many indiscretions.

BTW, all you apparent Blount defenders, do any of you know what Hout actually said to him, and that it was taunting?

they do...maybe just not everywhere....thats the admins fault for not punishing the coach. Have a buddy that was fired because of that very reason. He learned his lesson....

And guys...im not an idiot and saying that everyone who fights should be kicked off a team. We have fights in our practices and sometimes we pull them apart and run them after practice or whatever. And ive not one time said that this player from Oregon should be kicked off the team. But in my opinion if you are stupid enough to do what he did in front of cameras on freaking ESPN for the whole nation to see, you have no legs to stand on when it comes to your punishment. Like my principal used to always say, "Ill back you until you make it to where I cant back you anymore!"

shamu85
09-04-2009, 10:41 AM
I'd say the Oregon coach trying to restrain Hout tells me they weren't exchanging pleasantries.

Complete speculation.

@Keystone, I am sure the legal system would disagree with you, too. Both can be charged with assault. Where's the difference?

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
they do...maybe just not everywhere....thats the admins fault for not punishing the coach. Have a buddy that was fired because of that very reason. He learned his lesson....

And guys...im not an idiot and saying that everyone who fights should be kicked off a team. We have fights in our practices and sometimes we pull them apart and run them after practice or whatever. And ive not one time said that this player from Oregon should be kicked off the team. But in my opinion if you are stupid enough to do what he did in front of cameras on freaking ESPN for the whole nation to see, you have no legs to stand on when it comes to your punishment. Like my principal used to always say, "Ill back you until you make it to where I cant back you anymore!"

Is that really backing someone?

translated:

I will back you until it gets hard

Emerson1
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Hard to see on the ESPN video, look at when Blount is near the crowd, the kid in the white hat is by far the most obnoxious, but as soon as Blount goes towards him the kids go back about 3 rows in half a second. Hilarious!

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM

translated:

actually the actual translation is I will back you as long as you are willing to help yourself and give us something to work with, and there is nothing wrong with that philosophy

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:47 AM

translated:

No...its like saying "Ill back you until you break the law on National television then there's nothing I can do really"

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 10:49 AM
This is the same freaking discussion we had two years ago when the player from Dallas Roosevelt punched the kid from Gilmer after that playoff game in Mesquite. He did it right in front of the Mesquite PD officers who were working security and everyone thought that kid should have been arrested on the spot. What is the difference here besides age and playing level?

SHSBulldog00
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
The Boise State player should have more class. Blount should work on his humility and just walked away. I am sure they were jawing during the game. But that was not the time or place to retaliate.

I think Blount going after a fan show's immaturity. His hope's of playing on Sunday's may be over with this incident.

BobcatBenny
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
... I think Blount going after a fan show's immaturity. His hope's of playing on Sunday's may be over with this incident.
His frustration might have been that his hopes of playing on Sunday were over with 8 rushes for -5 yards.

That is a tough humility pill to swallow.

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
The Boise State player should have more class. Blount should work on his humility and just walked away. I am sure they were jawing during the game. But that was not the time or place to retaliate.

I think Blount going after a fan show's immaturity. His hope's of playing on Sunday's may be over with this incident.

both were wrong in this case....boise player should have showed more "class" in win and the Oregon fella should have walked away.

kaorder1999
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
His frustration might have been that his hopes of playing on Sunday were over with 8 rushes for -5 yards.

That is a tough humility pill to swallow.

:clap: :clap:

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Complete speculation.

@Keystone, I am sure the legal system would disagree with you, too. Both can be charged with assault. Where's the difference?

No, you can clearly see the Boise player tap Blount on the shoulder pads and say something snide and classless...it was the spark that caused Blount to lose control.

Why would the legal system disagree with me? I already said you could bring Blount up on assault charges if you wanted to.

turbostud
09-04-2009, 12:30 PM
No NFL team is gonna touch this kid.

Keystonepride
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
No NFL team is gonna touch this kid.

I see a healthy career as a MMA fighter.

Electus Unus
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
No NFL team is gonna touch this kid. Todd McShay reported earlier that he was a projected 2cd-3rd round pick but after last night he went from those rounds to being undrafted.

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
What happened?

:D

Farmersfan
09-04-2009, 02:27 PM
1. These are NOT kids. These are grown men.

2. Blount has a history of problems.

3. Blount runs his mouth all week and the Boise player responds with a arse-whuppin' on the field and a single taunt after the game. Boise player runs his mouth for 10 seconds after the game and Blount respondes by trying to beat up the whole stadium.

4. Taunting is NOT against the law. Sucker punching someone is.

I have a real problem with some of the statements about winning with dignity and class. Reality is, if you shovel BS before the game then expect BS to be shoveled right back after you get your butt kicked. Far too often we have smack talkers and BS shovelers throwing it around thick all week and then after the game, if someone throws it back, then suddenly its a "Class" or "Dignity" thing. That is nonsense in my opinion. Keep your mouth shut leading up to the game if you can't take it afterwards!!!!! Ever hear the saying, "He who laughs last, laughs loudest"? Just like on these forums, the biggest smack talkers will promise to "EAT CROW" afterwards if they are wrong but rarely do. They go from talking the smack to making claims of classless winners and no dignity. In order to truly eat crow you must be subjected to real humiliation. Saying "Good Game" and "I was wrong" after the fact does not constitute "Eating Crow" in any form, means or fashion. That is why in my opinion so many of them continue to do it. The Boise State player was simply feeding the big mouth Bount his helping of Crow and Blount responded with a sucker punch.................. That's my opinion so don't hate! :D :D

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Now that is a good post right there my friend.

big daddy russ
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
1. These are NOT kids. These are grown men.

2. Blount has a history of problems.

3. Blount runs his mouth all week and the Boise player responds with a arse-whuppin' on the field and a single taunt after the game. Boise player runs his mouth for 10 seconds after the game and Blount respondes by trying to beat up the whole stadium.

4. Taunting is NOT against the law. Sucker punching someone is.

I have a real problem with some of the statements about winning with dignity and class. Reality is, if you shovel BS before the game then expect BS to be shoveled right back after you get your butt kicked. Far too often we have smack talkers and BS shovelers throwing it around thick all week and then after the game, if someone throws it back, then suddenly its a "Class" or "Dignity" thing. That is nonsense in my opinion. Keep your mouth shut leading up to the game if you can't take it afterwards!!!!! Ever hear the saying, "He who laughs last, laughs loudest"? Just like on these forums, the biggest smack talkers will promise to "EAT CROW" afterwards if they are wrong but rarely do. They go from talking the smack to making claims of classless winners and no dignity. In order to truly eat crow you must be subjected to real humiliation. Saying "Good Game" and "I was wrong" after the fact does not constitute "Eating Crow" in any form, means or fashion. That is why in my opinion so many of them continue to do it. The Boise State player was simply feeding the big mouth Bount his helping of Crow and Blount responded with a sucker punch.................. That's my opinion so don't hate! :D :D
I like this opinion. I don't know enough about what went on between Blount and the Boise LB so I don't know whether or not I'd apply it to this situation, but good take on the game, Farmer.

sahen
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
No, you can clearly see the Boise player tap Blount on the shoulder pads and say something snide and classless...it was the spark that caused Blount to lose control.

No, Blount telling the media how they were going to kick Boise's a** for what happened last year was the spark that caused the Boise kid to say something to Blount...this is pretty simple, Blount spouting off caused all of this, if he doesnt say anything then he walks off that field w/o being confronted and is just a very pissed young man that he had a horrible night...instead he had to run his mouth, then the Boise kid let him know about it, and then Blount completely went overboard and punched the guy when he wasnt looking...finally as an encore he punches his own team mate trying to restrain him, goes after fans, and wrestles with security when they restrain him...Blount can blame no body but himself for this incident...if he werent a football player then he would be in jail, he should not get a free ride to school anymore and he should be trying to make it on his own.....

basically his problem is he dished it out but couldnt take it in return...he needed to just shut up and play ball, but now he is in jeopardy of not being allowed to play ball period...

ziggy29
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by sahen
basically his problem is he dished it out but couldnt take it in return...he needed to just shut up and play ball, but now he is in jeopardy of not being allowed to play ball period...
Perhaps. And I would also say that anyone who talks trash and fails to back it up should expect to see it thrown back on him. Not saying that's proper sportsmanship, but if you bring something on yourself, don't be surprised if it comes.

Having said that, the Boise guy should have showed more class than that and let it go. Blount's terrible statistics (minus 5 yards rushing) and the numbers on the scoreboard should have said all that needed to be said in response to Blount's trash talk. No amount of verbal provocation justifies Blount's meltdown, but Hout should have won with a little more class and sportsmanship than that. Sore losers are bad enough, but bad winners are worse to me.

Farmersfan
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Perhaps. And I would also say that anyone who talks trash and fails to back it up should expect to see it thrown back on him. Not saying that's proper sportsmanship, but if you bring something on yourself, don't be surprised if it comes.

Having said that, the Boise guy should have showed more class than that and let it go. Blount's terrible statistics (minus 5 yards rushing) and the numbers on the scoreboard should have said all that needed to be said in response to Blount's trash talk. No amount of verbal provocation justifies Blount's meltdown, but Hout should have won with a little more class and sportsmanship than that. Sore losers are bad enough, but bad winners are worse to me.

We live in the REAL world. We can toss the "Class" word around all day long but it has no place in this discussion. It's a subjective term that means different things to different people and not everyone lives according to your definition or mine. Perhaps Fouts will tell you he showed extreme class when he walked past Blount and politely pointed out how reality is sometimes different than fantasy................... All the woulda's, coulda's, and shoulda's in the world don't justify a sucker punch.:

Farmersfan
09-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by sahen
basically his problem is he dished it out but couldnt take it in return...[/B]

Did you missed my innuendo about posters on this forum also dishing it out and not being able to take it?
Boy, it sure felt good saying that!:D

ziggy29
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
We live in the REAL world. We can toss the "Class" word around all day long but it has no place in this discussion.
Got it. Sportsmanship has no place in a discussion about amateur sports. Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

zebrablue2
09-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Is a moron....that is all

:iagree: and well said!!

shamu85
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Wow, you can actually see snide and classless? Again, you have no confirmation as to what was said...and what caused Blount to lose control was Blount!

Why would the legal system disagree with me? I already said you could bring Blount up on assault charges if you wanted to.

Sorry that you can't see there are no differences then.

Farmersfan
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Got it. Sportsmanship has no place in a discussion about amateur sports. Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't remember anyone saying anything about sportsmanship. I think the discussion was about "Class"! But the statement still stands.
We can only judge these young men by what is RIGHT and what is WRONG. But who's to say what is right or wrong? You? Me? Booger? D We have laws that are suppose to do that. I only posted what I posted because some people were actually diminishing the illegal act of Blount because THEY deemed Fouts didn't show the class he should have shown. One has no effect on the other at all.

DDBooger
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I could care less. One of em is going to be disciplined by the coach and apparently Blount is done for the season, I'd say that is proportionate with what occured.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898

IrishTex
09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/09/blount.jpg

Sucker-punching running back LeGarrette Blount has been suspended for the rest of the season, ending his career at Oregon. Meanwhile, an NFL scouting director tells ESPN that Blount is now "completely undraftable."

ESPN (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4445041&name=nfl_draft&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4445041%26name%3dnfl_ draft)

ziggy29
09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I could care less. One of em is going to be disciplined by the coach and apparently Blount is done for the season, I'd say that is proportionate with what occured.
Agreed. And in the case of Blount being a senior, "done for the season" effectively means kicked off the team.

To Farmersfan, with all due respect I don't quite get where "class" and "sportsmanship" are detached. Maybe I'm missing something but to me they are almost interchangeable. I have no problem with Blount getting his comeuppance for being a dork and getting humbled -- as far as I'm concerned, good riddance -- but I don't think the response was necessary in terms of sportsmanship. To me sportsmanship means that Boise took care of the trash talk on the field and made Blount look like a fool. You may disagree, but I think that's enough.

Plus, I think the Boise guy helped to selfishly take the focus away from what his team (a non-BCS school that needs all the "dang, these guys are good" press they can get) did and focused attention on a side show. Boise needs all the positive on-the-field attention they can get, and Hout helped to take that focus away from the team.

Daddy B 12
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
That guys an idiot. He had it comin for him,he had been talkin mess all week or in other words he was writin checks that his @$$ couldnt cash and he couldnt handle it when someone said somethin to him about it. He embarrassed the Oregon athletic program and I think he should be kicked off the team. Theres no room for thugs like him in the game of football, plain and simple.
JMO

Simple Man
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
The suspension for the Oregon player was deserved. It doesnt take away from the fact the Boise State player provoked the incident. For Boise State not to suspend him for at least 1 game shows what kind of program they run.

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Maybe Obama will appoint him Anger Management Czar.;)