PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer/ Emory Rains

BuckeyeNut
09-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Well this should be a complete blow out. Looking at the Freshman and JV winning by 30 points in each of there games. Good thing about this game is that it is in Tyler and that means going to Coffee Landing before the game :D :D

waterboy
09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Have you got some scores for us? I didn't realize they were playing on Tuesday night. I drove by the stadium and there was a game going on.:eek: I didn't stay but until the end of the first quarter and the score was already 31-0. I think it was the JV playing......

Pawdaddy
09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
That would be on the way to Palestine. Unfortunately, Coffee Landing burned down two years ago and never rebuilt. You can stop at Vaughn's. It is on the way.

And yes, it will be a blowout. I say 61 - 12.

BuckeyeNut
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Have you got some scores for us? I didn't realize they were playing on Tuesday night. I drove by the stadium and there was a game going on.:eek: I didn't stay but until the end of the first quarter and the score was already 31-0. I think it was the JV playing......

Yes it would the JV playing the poor Fish had to truck it on over to Rains.

lostaussie
09-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Good thing about this game is that it is in Tyler and that means going to Coffee Landing before the game :D :D Coffee Landing on Lake Palestine burned to the ground about 2 years ago. I am pretty sure they have not rebuilt. Nothing there but a slab...........but good luck with that idea anyway:D

easttexas3a
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I didn't go to the game but I heard the JV won 51-0, it was like 44-0 at half or something.

poisoned10
09-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I didn't go to the game but I heard the JV won 51-0, it was like 44-0 at half or something.

That is correct. JV was up 44-0 at the half and the final was 51-0.

Oh, and the Varsity squad follows suit with a HUGE win of their own tonight.

I like having games in Tyler and having Chapel Hill and Bullard in our district. Living on the Southside of Tyler, it doesn't take long at all to get to those stadiums. In fact, it takes me longer to get to Rose Stadium than it does Chapel Hill or Bullard because of the freakin' traffic.

garciap77
09-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
That would be on the way to Palestine. Unfortunately, Coffee Landing burned down two years ago and never rebuilt. You can stop at Vaughn's. It is on the way.

And yes, it will be a blowout. I say 61 - 12.

You were close! What a blowout!:)

waterboy
09-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
You were close! What a blowout!:)
I say it'll be 76-12.....:D

garciap77
09-04-2009, 08:38 AM

Did you go to the game? Is this team as good as the 2007 team?

tdsteele
09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Garcia,
I have been to both Gilmer games and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are not nearly as good as the 2007 team. They are a lot better defensively than 2007 but the offense has not been as sharp. They have a ton of offensive talent but have some work to do finding roles for those players. They do not appear to be settled at RB and haven't found that go to guy yet for the hard rusghing yards. They are not as deep and injuries can always be a problem atthe 3A level.

waterboy
09-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Did you go to the game? Is this team as good as the 2007 team?
Yeah, I went. This team has the potential to be better than that '07 team. They're not there yet, but I'm just saying the potential is there........:D

Pawdaddy
09-04-2009, 08:58 AM

Waterboy, you ain't right!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

garciap77
09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Garcia,
I have been to both Gilmer games and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are not nearly as good as the 2007 team. They are a lot better defensively than 2007 but the offense has not been as sharp. They have a ton of offensive talent but have some work to do finding roles for those players. They do not appear to be settled at RB and haven't found that go to guy yet for the hard rusghing yards. They are not as deep and injuries can always be a problem atthe 3A level.

Thanks! It's early in the season, but it's seems that they have it going on. I guess the next few will answer our questions.:)

garciap77
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I went. This team has the potential to be better than that '07 team. They're not there yet, but I'm just saying the potential is there........:D

Hope to play you in the playoffs! We need to even things up!:D

poisoned10
09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Hope to play you in the playoffs! We need to even things up!:D

Sorry. You will have to wait until Traylor leaves for that to happen. :D

BuckeyeNut
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Sorry. You will have to wait until Traylor leaves for that to happen. :D

And his youngest boy is in the 6th grade so at least 6 more years.

catgut
09-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
And his youngest boy is in the 6th grade so at least 6 more years.

Are you sure Texas Tech won't go after him? Seems like their kind of coach

waterboy
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
Garcia,
I can definitely agree with this. Gilmer is nowhere near the '07 team right now................but the potential is there. It's just a matter of getting all the players in the right places, especially at running back. I'd definitely like to see Vance Green see more PT at RB.......maybe even mix in a little Tristan Holt! Those young men are FAST and hard to bring down! The defense this year is also a little better than the '07 teams' defense at this point. Hopefully, this team will continue to improve on both sides of the ball. If that happens, look out 3A!:D