PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Cameron Will be Heading to 2A

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Before that start of school the school website had an enrollment in the low 420's. Now they have updated it since school has started, and now its 414. With the 2008-2010 number being 429 and expected to go up its probably a done deal that we are 2a im speculating.

Old Green
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I was told that Yoakum may drop also by one of our Yoakum posters. They had 405 enrollment last year 425 for the opening day for 2009 year.

BaseballUmp
09-02-2009, 10:34 PM
yea i just saw that a few hours ago on the Cameron web site...looks like its gonna be 2A. Who would that put us with? Rogers, Rosebud Lott, Lexington, Troy, Franklin? Any of those possibly?

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I would personally like to see rogers, troy, and academy on the schedule. I have a few people i know and it would be really nice to crush them.

cameron91
09-02-2009, 10:40 PM
maybe , we can get some Buckholts transfers :D , so we can stay in 3a;)

BaseballUmp
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
do we really want some Bukholts folks??? haha jp

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
na i really want to play these people i know in 2a to just shut them up.

BaseballUmp
09-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Yoe check your pm

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I said they before last season. Be careful. The maroon cult from Brown County thought they were automatic state champs in 3 A coming from 4A and went 3-7.

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Well i dont expect to just go to 2a and win a state championship. i do expect it to be a little easier of course. I do feel that we have great talent coming up from the 8th and freshmen class which combined have only lost 1 game.

Rabid Cougar
09-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I am more concerned about the 3-7 part.

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 11:07 PM
well next year would be maybe the downest year we would have in the next 5 years but i dont feel it would be a 3-7 year.

Electus Unus
09-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Well i dont expect to just go to 2a and win a state championship. i do expect it to be a little easier of course. I do feel that we have great talent coming up from the 8th and freshmen class which combined have only lost 1 game. my cousin is a starting linebacker for the yoe freshmen

Yoe_09
09-02-2009, 11:52 PM
nice the freshmen class are pretty good but the 8th grade class is just raw.

Electus Unus
09-02-2009, 11:59 PM
nice the freshmen class are pretty good but the 8th grade class is just raw. i don't think the 8th grade class is as good as the freshmen class. all they have is that RB and I have a cousin who is a starting linemen for the 8th grade squad. Right now he's about 5'7-5'8 220

Milk That Cow
09-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I have never understood the fascination with some Cameron folks to always spotlight the low enrollment and schedule the 2A teams in a lot of out-of-district games...

I use to always hear about when Toby York was there they would play and beat 4A teams all the time in most sports and they weren't a big 3A team then...

Why the change in mentality?

BaseballUmp
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Its not a fascination of numbers, its just the facts that with these numbers, cameron will most likely move down to 2A. And about the scheduling, that would be the coaching staff and head honchos. We could play some 4A teams, and probably win. Atleast a few years ago anyways...but its just the fact that the numbers show the inevitable that Cameron will be moving down to 2A...

and who is your cousin unus?

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 12:36 AM
I would expect freshmen to go with 1 or 2 losses and 8th grade to go undefeated again.

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 12:40 AM
No i am not stating that i would WANT to go down to 2a. We have been a top 5 winning team in the past 50 years. Im just stating the facts of what is going to happen. Even if we were to stay i still think we would win. Im just intrested in what and who we would play next year.

yoe64
09-03-2009, 02:22 AM
A lot of the scheduling is the coaches but part of it is in the 70s and 80s we played 4a schools
Like belton and temple and we beat them every year so they wouldn't
Ever play us again because they know the yoemen will play their hearts
Out and never give up.

Footballhudini
09-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Maybe brownwood can go to 2a

try and live the 3-7 life there.

Johnny Utah
09-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Cameron to 2a, Rockdale dominates the battle of the BELL! That 2a district with Rogers, RLott and Lexington will be TOUGH!!!

95mustang
09-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I said they before last season. Be careful. The maroon cult from Brown County thought they were automatic state champs in 3 A coming from 4A and went 3-7.

Why is Brownwood once again being brought up on a thread that is not about them?

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
rockdale will not own the battle of the bell... they never have shown to own it. Even if we go to 2a the games will still be the competitive.

aggie
09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
i hear alot of talk about the 9th grade and 8th grade classes....but this years junior class was pretty good in jh/9th grade ...

aggie
09-03-2009, 11:36 AM
well next year would be maybe the downest year we would have in the next 5 years but i dont feel it would be a 3-7 year.

going to have to disagree with you there....with the competiveness of this year's junor class....and the fact that we would have 10-3 year letterman....don't see it being a down year...especially if we go down.

Dogman_1969
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
depends on the district. Don't count on being in Rogers District. You could very well end up in a district with Lexington having to travel to who knows where...

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Theres not doubt that the junior class does have talent. I just think they might go down a tiny bit next year with townsend and wells going. They should have more going for them in baseball.

Looking4number8
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Why is Brownwood once again being brought up on a thread that is not about them?

I agree mustamg...and they wonder why we are on every thread.... because they keep putting us there!

Ranger Mom
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I agree mustamg...and they wonder why we are on every thread.... because they keep putting us there!

EVERY thread????

I wouldn't go quite THAT far!!!:doh:

Electus Unus
09-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by aggie
i hear alot of talk about the 9th grade and 8th grade classes....but this years junior class was pretty good in jh/9th grade ... I remember watching them check plays and audible from the LOS when they were freshmen....pretty impressive......

Johnny Utah
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Rockdale have a chance of dropping to 2a? Hearne, Rockdale, Cameron...just like old times!!!

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I would guess that Rockdale would have a chance to go down to 2a. I dont know there numbers, but that would be interesting.

BaseballUmp
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Cameron to 2a, Rockdale dominates the battle of the BELL! That 2a district with Rogers, RLott and Lexington will be TOUGH!!!

Easy now killer lol hold your horses about Rockdale dominating the bell. Can't see yall going on a streak of consecutive wins over the yoe. Wont happen.

87 TIGER
09-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I would guess that Rockdale would have a chance to go down to 2a. I dont know there numbers, but that would be interesting. We will still be 3a I believe we are at 515, Unless UIL does something drastic. But very likely could be there in 3 years with Cameron,We dropped about 20 kids and could drop more over the next few years.

bigYoe
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Yes we will be 2A within a few years as seeing that the upcoming classes arent as big as we used to be. Freshmen have a very good team but the 8th grade is awesome. behind defensive end Michael Gelner the D is outstanding. Gelner had i believe 32 sacks last year and was in the backfield on EVERY PLAY. As for the offense Jaylin White will run all over Defenses again this year. He didnt even get tackled until the 3rd game last season. Anyways yea if we go down to 2A we WILL dominate our district as we have been dominating would be district foes for the past 5-10 preseasons. Good game against Connally and good luck against Gatesville. GO oYe

bigYoe
09-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Rockdale will never dominate Cameron as we have dominated Rockdale. As for that district being tough, well we dont play RLOTT anymore in the preseason because of the lopsided scores we put on them. Rogers is always an easy opponent in our first scrimmage and Lexington doesnt like to schedule us in the preseason because its always a blow out. We are almost 2A and still have enough players to go with 2 squads. No one has to play both ways so that says alot about Cameron right there. GO oYe.

Rabid Cougar
09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I have never understood the fascination with some Cameron folks to always spotlight the low enrollment and schedule the 2A teams in a lot of out-of-district games...

I use to always hear about when Toby York was there they would play and beat 4A teams all the time in most sports and they weren't a big 3A team then...

Why the change in mentality?
Because when you beat Belton 33-0 and Westlake 28-10 in Austin they get no benefit from playing Cameron.

bigYoe
09-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Because when you beat Belton 33-0 and Westlake 28-10 in Austin they get no benefit from playing Cameron.

Yea in '81 when my dad won state we beat Killeen, Westlake, Belton, Temple and some other big schools. After Cameron stayed the same and everyone else started gettin bigger we stopped scheduling them. I guarantee you though Cameron could make it a ball game against these teams still if we played. Football IS LIFE in Cameron and now with Rhoades here the football tradition will continue. GO oYe

rockdale80
09-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
Yea in '81 when my dad won state we beat Killeen, Westlake, Belton, Temple and some other big schools. After Cameron stayed the same and everyone else started gettin bigger we stopped scheduling them. I guarantee you though Cameron could make it a ball game against these teams still if we played. Football IS LIFE in Cameron and now with Rhoades here the football tradition will continue. GO oYe

That is a big statement. No offense, but a really really good 3a team would have probably not hang with teams of that size and caliber.

Rabid Cougar
09-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe

Funny Cameron hadn't played Killeen and Temple since the 1950's.

In '81 when I played on the team with your dad we played Taylor, Marlin, Pflugerville, Elgin and Westlake in non district..

They didn't start playing Belton until '82.
Belton would destroy Cameron now. They are 5 A. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

I would concern yourself with taking care of Caldwell and Navasota

Yoe_09
09-03-2009, 10:57 PM
I as big of Yoemen fan as anyone out there, but we are more than likely going to be a 2a team next year. I dont think any small 3a can compete with large 5a's like that. Sure we used to destory them, but they are a little different now.

I do feel that we will be better in the future with Rhoads, as long as he plays the best players at the right positions, at the right times.

HEMOTOXIC
09-04-2009, 01:48 AM

In '81 when I played on the team with your dad we played Taylor, Marlin, Pflugerville, Elgin and Westlake in non district..

Belton would destroy Cameron now. They are 5 A. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

:clap:

shamu85
09-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I just hate to see all these nice small towns dwindling in population. I have always viewed the 3A school as a perfect size for learning and extracurricular activity optimization. Just means the cities and suburbs are growing more and the small town way of life is getting more scarce.

sicem74
09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!2a!!!nooooooo!

yoe64
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM

I never said anything about beating those teams now. No doubt belton, killeen, pflugerville all those school would dominate us now. i just said we beat them in the 80's

Rabid Cougar
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
I just hate to see all these nice small towns dwindling in population. I have always viewed the 3A school as a perfect size for learning and extracurricular activity optimization. Just means the cities and suburbs are growing more and the small town way of life is getting more scarce.

Cameron is a suburb of Austin. Thery are wanting to build a lake on the Little River at Cameron to supply water to Travis and Williamson Counties

yoe64
09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Really? I didn't know that. hmm

cameron91
09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
look it up.. lake cameron. they're not going too. i think it failed..