PDA

View Full Version : Michael Young out 2-3 weeks for Rangers

crzyjournalist03
09-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Man, this comes at a bad time. MVP candidate Michael Young has a severe strain of a hamstring, and will miss at least 2-3 weeks. The team really doesn't have another third baseman on the team unless they want to move Chris Davis back over there.

Esteban German and Omar Vizquel will most likely have to be the regular fill-ins over the next few weeks.

IrishTex
09-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Man, this comes at a bad time. MVP candidate Michael Young has a severe strain of a hamstring, and will miss at least 2-3 weeks. The team really doesn't have another third baseman on the team unless they want to move Chris Davis back over there.

Esteban German and Omar Vizquel will most likely have to be the regular fill-ins over the next few weeks.

Ouch!!

Bad news indeed....And they just moved back into 4 1/2 games of the Halos with the sweep yesterday....

waterboy
09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
:( I saw him come out of the game last night, and I knew it had to be a hamstring. Those things hurt, and don't heal very quickly. The rest of the team will have to pick up the slack if they are gonna remain in the playoff race. Their chances are definitely diminished without Michael Young in the lineup.:(

crzyjournalist03
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Young surprises everybody and is returning to the lineup tonight. The latest timetable called for a Friday return at the earliest, but when your team's in a pennant race, you push yourself to recover.

Young has always led this team by example, and they need a shot in the arm right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing #10 at DH tonight!

waterboy
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
That's good news, but it may be a little too late. The Rangers would have to win at least 14 or 15 of their last 19 games, in my opinion, to have a shot at the playoffs. With the pitching hiccups the Rangers are having, and the way the Red Sox and Angels keep playing, that's definitely a long shot. At least the Rangers have 7 head-to-head games with the Angels, which will give them a shot to make up some ground. I think the Rangers probably have a better shot at winning the division than catching Boston for the wild card, neither of which look too promising unless they start playing better NOW!

crzyjournalist03
09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
That's good news, but it may be a little too late. The Rangers would have to win at least 14 or 15 of their last 19 games, in my opinion, to have a shot at the playoffs. With the pitching hiccups the Rangers are having, and the way the Red Sox and Angels keep playing, that's definitely a long shot. At least the Rangers have 7 head-to-head games with the Angels, which will give them a shot to make up some ground. I think the Rangers probably have a better shot at winning the division than catching Boston for the wild card, neither of which look too promising unless they start playing better NOW!

The one good thing is that Boston and the Angels play each other for the rest of this week, so IF Texas wins, they will definitely gain ground on someone.

Global Swarming
09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
It doesn't matter anyway. The Rangers can't beat a crappy Oakland team. They picked a heck of a time to fall apart.