PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Brownwood@LaVega Game Thread?

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Did I miss it, or is it gone?

BEAST
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Look at the bottom of the page. Thread titled Modoc???

BEAST

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Look at the bottom of the page. Thread titled Modoc???

BEAST

Thanks, Beast--Saw that thread and just thought it was a discussion of "Modoc" and it's meaning...

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
There was another thread though. It was There until yesterday morning then it disappeared.:eek:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
It turned into a Celina vs Brownwood "bashing" type of thread and the thread author asked that it be moved....so it was!!

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It turned into a Celina vs Brownwood "bashing" type of thread and the thread author asked that it be moved....so it was!! :clap: So does that mean I am not:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: I can reduce my Prozac :D :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: So does that mean I am not:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: I can reduce my Prozac :D :clap: :clap:

I wouldn't go THAT far!!;)

lulu
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I was looking for it too. Since I was referred to in at as "ignorant"
by Rocket I thought I would continue and watch him show how "smart" he is. NOT:D

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I was looking for it too. Since I was referred to in at as "ignorant"
by Rocket I thought I would continue and watch him show how "smart" he is. NOT:D

It was posts like that which ended up causing the thread to be moved off the board.

lulu
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
It was posts like that which ended up causing the thread to be moved off the board.

When it comes to that kind of stuff..it is best just igniored. If ignored they tend to go away. But then again some don't.:rolleyes:

You guys do a good job of monitoring.:clap:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 02:09 PM
When it comes to that kind of stuff..it is best just igniored. If ignored they tend to go away. But then again some don't.:rolleyes:

You guys do a good job of monitoring.:clap:

If the person who started a thread doesn't like the direction it has taken, he/she can request we close it, move it, whatever.

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I do not like the direction of this thread---too many wimmin. :D :inlove:

lulu
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Hey Bullaholic:wave: TOO MUCH BULL:D

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey Bullaholic:wave: TOO MUCH BULL:D

LOL, lulu---Everyone knows you cannot ever have too much BULL! :D

Rocket
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

What do you expect? buncha crybabies...(I hope crybaby is acceptable)

Ignorant is a bad word? I won't use it any more. I will scale down the idiot word as well.

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Ignorant is a bad word? I won't use it any more. I will scale down the idiot word as well.

Oh, Rocket---you done peed in your post toasties when you call the women folk out as "crybabies". May you be truly thankful for that which you are about to receive, amen. :D

plpsftball
09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I sure am ready to watch LV first home game on the new turf this friday

lulu
09-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Hey Rocket...I don't mind being called ignorant . BUT I AIN"T NO CRYBABY...I take that personal.

This place would not be the same without you.:kiss:

Rocket
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey Rocket...I don't mind being called ignorant . BUT I AIN"T NO CRYBABY...I take that personal.

This place would not be the same without you.:kiss:

Ahhhh thanks! I don't think you are ignorant. I just call people that when I don't think they know what they are talking about.:rolleyes: :D :o

plpsftball
09-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Rocket sure doesnt have much to say about the game.

pirate4state
09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Ahhhh thanks! I don't think you are ignorant. I just call people that when I don't think they know what they are talking about.:rolleyes: :D :o and we just like to call those people ROCKET!

HAHAHAHA

:D

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
lulu never "cried" about being called ignorant!!! I probably took more offense to it than she did.

For the life of me, I don't know why we have to resort to name calling anyway!!

lulu
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Damn your good P4S:clap:

44INAROW
09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I wish I wasn't so busy today - you girls are having fun :D

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and we just like to call those people ROCKET!

HAHAHAHA

In my house when someone is acting irrationally, we say "he went all "Amanda" on her"..or something to that aspect. (P4s, you will know what I am talking about).

Could we use that same kind of rationale with "Rocket?"

It could be a new phrase for BS or something...we could even make a smilie!!!:D

Rocket
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by plpsftball
Rocket sure doesnt have much to say about the game.

They deleted my feelings about the game in that thread. I said plenty.

pirate4state
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
In my house when someone is acting irrationally, we say "he went all "Amanda" on her"..or something to that aspect. (P4s, you will know what I am talking about).

Could we use that same kind of rationale with "Rocket?"

It could be a new phrase for BS or something...we could even make a smilie!!!:D

ROFL! If anyone could handle it, it would be Rocket, but I think that would be breaking that "no personal attacks" rule. :p

I can't stop laughing over the "Amanda" thing! :evillol:

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 03:33 PM
They deleted my feelings about the game in that thread. I said plenty.

We didn't delete anything!!!

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 03:57 PM
What happen to being able to smack talk on here...gesh ruffle a few Brownwood feathers and they delete the post. Must have been a Lion backer that did it.

95mustang
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Cadetdad
What happen to being able to smack talk on here...gesh ruffle a few Brownwood feathers and they delete the post. Must have been a Lion backer that did it.

It had nothing to do with Brownwood's feathers being ruffled. I don't believe for a second that any of the Brownwood faithful would anything like that. It did however get off topic and went from Brownwood Vs. La Vega to Brownwood and Celina. Since the topic was changed maybe the thread needed to be taken away.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM

Actually...it had nothing to do with ruffling Brownwoods feathers......the thread starter wasn't from Brownwood OR La Vega!!!

He didn't like the direction that the thread had turned and had every right to ask that it be moved.

Unless you read the last few posts on the that thread, you don't have a clue what happened!!

hollywood
09-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I sure am ready to watch LV first home game on the new turf this friday I have a feeling that the WOOD is going to break it in real nicely.

garciap77
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Bullaholic:wave: TOO MUCH BULL:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
and we just like to call those people ROCKET!

HAHAHAHA

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Lions have feathers?:D

;)

lulu
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Be back after dinner 77:D

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Lions have feathers?:D

;) :thinking: Maybe the lion ate the pirates parrot ?:confused: :confused:

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Rocket sure doesnt have much to say about the game. :confused: :twitch:

BobcatBenny
09-02-2009, 06:32 PM
I am pretty sure the thread just imploded due to the massive low pressure system that accompanies Brownwood's suckage.

turbostud
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am pretty sure the thread just imploded due to the massive low pressure system that accompanies Brownwood's suckage.

HAHA :D

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 06:45 PM
chickens do have feathers...lol.

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am pretty sure the thread just imploded due to the massive low pressure system that accompanies Brownwood's suckage. :hand: Hold on, has the Orange Nation taken Rocket off his smack talking ? Or.... Is he...

:rolleyes: You can fill in the blank. :D

plpsftball
09-02-2009, 07:10 PM
The lions will break the turf in by 2 ways. Laying on big hits by our stingy d and chasing our track team in football pads on offense

Rocket
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
The lions will break the turf in by 2 ways. Laying on big hits by our stingy d and chasing our track team in football pads on offense

Wow, you finally got turf? That is so 2003.

Rocket
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM
:hand: Hold on, has the Orange Nation taken Rocket off his smack talking ? Or.... Is he...

:rolleyes: You can fill in the blank. :D

NEVER!!!!

plpsftball
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
yea your right it is so 2003 but what have you guys done on your turf lately

LE Dad
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM
NEVER!!!! LOL
:clap: :cool: :clap:

Looking4number8
09-02-2009, 08:19 PM
yea your right it is so 2003 but what have you guys done on your turf lately

What have you done on your field ... ever, can you please explain to me why you think it is so much better to have never won a SC than it is to have won our 7th one in 1981??????

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Living off the glory of the 1800s isnt as fun as living in the glory of NOW.

Looking4number8
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM

I agree, so are you from Carthrage or Prosper?

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 08:55 PM
neither..just for my district 19 3a. i work with a brownwood ex so i get an ear full all the time

hollywood
09-02-2009, 09:05 PM
The lions will break the turf in by 2 ways. Laying on big hits by our stingy d and chasing our track team in football pads on offense Track team? I didn't know LV had speed... news to me. I thought they were more of a grind it out ball control type of team. Huh... well I guess the WOOD will have to lay a few hats on some speedsters before they get outside the corners. Hmm, like Usain Bolt speed???

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Cant hit what you cant catch, yes they are all about speed, all four state finalist are the ball carriers and the boys up front are HUGE.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Wow, you finally got turf? That is so 2003.

We still have grass!!

Well...kinda!!:(

hollywood
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
State finalist? Okay... I thought plpsftball meant world class track team, like Bolt speed. Bwd can hang then if it's just state finalist speed. You'll be surprised at this young groups abilities. Get ready for some hard hits.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
:wave: :wave: How ya been?

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 09:25 PM
good Panther mom...just need a few more victories this year.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
good Panther mom...just need a few more victories this year.
Hey, you won the scrimmage! ;)

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 09:28 PM
As slow as yall are better leave tomorrow so you can get to Pirate stadium in time for the game.

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes but would have preferred to get the real Liberty Hill team of last few years, i know you guys are young this year but it was still a good one...playing LH can only make us better, i think thats why they started doing those scrimmages.

hollywood
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
As slow as yall are better leave tomorrow so you can get to Pirate stadium in time for the game. Are you refering to Bwd being slow?

Cadetdad
09-02-2009, 09:50 PM
yep

hollywood
09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
As a team, LV probably has more overall speed, but YOU should know that speed alone doesn't win games. Look what happened to you guys last year. I'm not saying Bwd will dominate, but they will give LV a tough challenge! You see, coaching comes into the formula as much does determination and execution. You'll see...

plpsftball
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
it sure did help LV beat Bwood last year

BEAST
09-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Speed had nothing to do with La Vega winning last year. It was the Oline. They didn't have big plays. Just LONG drives.

BEAST

Looking4number8
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Speed had nothing to do with La Vega winning last year. It was the Oline. They didn't have big plays. Just LONG drives.

BEAST

agreed, last year LV did not have any big plays (which surprised me). They just lined up and took 7 or 8 yards at a pop.... I hope and belive that Shipley has a fix for that!

Lion_Addict
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
agreed, last year LV did not have any big plays (which surprised me). They just lined up and took 7 or 8 yards at a pop.... I hope and belive that Shipley has a fix for that!

:iagree: & :ditto:

BwdLions
09-03-2009, 11:09 AM

You're about 180 years off with your dates there dad. ;)

Cadetdad
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
You Brownwood folks are smart.....i meant it that way

plpsftball
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
What Shipley are you guys counting on Coach Shipley or Jaxson?

BEAST
09-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Well I geuss since Jaxon is out this week, Coach Shipley would be the one we are counting on.

BEAST

plpsftball
09-03-2009, 03:38 PM
well seen a few that have said if we lose is because shipley is hurt.

BEAST
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM

You wont hear me say that. But, he is an amazing talent. It would certainly help us if he was healthy. Thats just a fact. Our offense has been modified somewhat due to his absence. We wont fully see the potential of this team until he returns. However, i think we are capable of winning a dog fight without him.

BEAST

Rocket
09-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Get ready to eat your crow.

I said NO EXCUSES. You can either ignore the fact he isn't playing or say yeah he is not playing but nobody has control over that. I KNOW we could beat La Vega with him and feel pretty dang good that we can beat La Vega without him.

Change the subject. Sheesh.

Rocket
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM
We hear that all the time, don't we guys?

WE HAVE SPEED.

Speed and athleticism are great, but speed and athleticism can really hurt a team. You can beat teams like Marlin on that alone. Just hope you have some heart and can actually think. To be determined.

Like Number8 said, it is better to be a has been than a never was.

LE Dad
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Well I geuss since Jaxon is out this week, Coach Shipley would be the one we are counting on.

BEAST :thumbsup: Thats a good one coach.:clap:

BEAST
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Serious question about La Vega. How many starters did yall lose off of last years team?

BEAST

plpsftball
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I think we have 6 on both sides of the ball.

plpsftball
09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
2 on offense and 4 on d

BEAST
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Which 2 positions on offense are the returning letterman?

BEAST

BEAST
09-03-2009, 10:58 PM
No replies. Figured. Get ready!!!

BEAST

Cadetdad
09-04-2009, 06:35 AM
O-line positions. The skill players all played though last year but behind Parr and swanson, getting their reps to be ready for this year. Look like a wet field tonight too...could help the running team.

coachkiss
09-04-2009, 07:15 AM
# of state titles smack is weak, and I'm from Celina. State titles won almost 30 years ago makes for very weak smack talk.

Most of the kids in Brownwood's program are never was's, unless they moved in from somewhere that won a state title.

La Vega's kids have five more games of varsity experience, even if they were backups. That is 50% more practice, games, and run-through signs than anyone on Brownwood's squad. That is tough to beat.

I take La Vega in this one.

plpsftball
09-04-2009, 07:21 AM
o-line and 2 of the tailbacks had plenty of pt early last year. This year's backup is the power back that keep picking up 1st downs last year.

plpsftball
09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
i know i have talked alot this week but it is all fun and games but Everyone coming from Bwood and surronding areas drive safe on your trip 2 and from the game

BwdLions
09-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Most of the kids in Brownwood's program are never was's, unless they moved in from somewhere that won a state title.

This is one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while. :rolleyes:

95mustang
09-04-2009, 07:58 AM
# of state titles smack is weak, and I'm from Celina. State titles won almost 30 years ago makes for very weak smack talk.

La Vega's kids have five more games of varsity experience, even if they were backups. That is 50% more practice, games, and run-through signs than anyone on Brownwood's squad. That is tough to beat.

Ok I am all about talking smack but the comment about the kids in Brownwood's program being never was's is totally out of line. I know alot of these young men and they are along way from being never was's at anything they do. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Feel free to call out the posters and mock them but leave the kids out of it.

garciap77
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Ok I am all about talking smack but the comment about the kids in Brownwood's program being never was's is totally out of line. I know alot of these young men and they are along way from being never was's at anything they do. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:iagree:

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM

WE HAVE SPEED.

Speed and athleticism are great, but speed and athleticism can really hurt a team. You can beat teams like Marlin on that alone. Just hope you have some heart and can actually think. To be determined.

Like Number8 said, it is better to be a has been than a never was. :thinking: :thinking: looks like someone living in a glass house.:confused: :confused: Cry no heart, can't think :hand: Bad Brownwood:tisk: :tisk:

coachkiss
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM

WE HAVE SPEED.

Like Number8 said, it is better to be a has been than a never was.

Maybe I was offended that the term was used to describe La Vega?

coachkiss
09-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Pretty sure it was used on La Vega first by Rocket. If you want to get mad, get mad at the guy who used the term earlier (and is from Brownwood).

I guess you didn't get mad when it was used to describe kids who made it to the state finals last year?

95mustang
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Pretty sure it was used on La Vega first by Rocket. If you want to get mad, get mad at the guy who used the term earlier (and is from Brownwood).

I guess you didn't get mad when it was used to describe kids who made it to the state finals last year?

No where in his post does it mention kids. The program maybe, but the kids no. You can talk about the program, the community, the school district, but when the word kids are mentioned it gets under my skin. I have a kid in the highschool and have been around alot of these kids since grade school. Yes I took offense to your comment because it mentioned the kids.

ronwx5x
09-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Let's start a poll, Should we just euthanize Coachkiss (and Rocket)?

Absolutely ______

Certainly ______

Yes ______

Maybe ______

:)

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
No where in his post does it mention kids. The program maybe, but the kids no. You can talk about the program, the community, the school district, but when the word kids are mentioned it gets under my skin. I have a kid in the highschool and have been around alot of these kids since grade school. Yes I took offense to your comment because it mentioned the kids. :cool: Speed, Athleticism, Team:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hmm:thinking: C'mon, ya'll took shot at kids.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Let's start a poll, Should we just euthanize Coachkiss (and Rocket)?

Absolutely ___X___

Certainly ______

Yes ______

Maybe ______

:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
:mad: You are right though, kids should be left out, but don't jump on someone else and then make excuses for your own. Both were wrong.:hairpunk: :o

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 09:15 AM
No where in his post does it mention kids. The program maybe, but the kids no. You can talk about the program, the community, the school district, but when the word kids are mentioned it gets under my skin. I have a kid in the highschool and have been around alot of these kids since grade school. Yes I took offense to your comment because it mentioned the kids. Seriously? Who do you think makes UP the program?

OldBison75
09-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I said this earlier and I haven't changed my mind. Both of these programs have winning traditions over the long haul and both are very sound teams. LaVega has the big offensive line that if clicking can dominate a line of scrimmage. The new QB and backfield are not really new since all played alot last year, just did not start in those positions. Defensively they are quick and hit hard.

Brownwood has the athletes and speed to match up pretty well in the game. The new system seems to bring out the best in the Lions. Even without Jaxon, this is a team that will put up some points. The only question is if the defense is improved enough to make the big stops. Based on the first game results, there is real improvement, but this week will show if the defense can hold it's own against a quality opponent.

LaVega should win based on the ability to control the line of scrimmage, but if the Lion defense can make the stops and at least find a stalemate on the line, they could win this game.

This game will set the tone for the rest of the Lion season in my opinion. The Lions win this one and realize that they can beat a above average team, and they will be a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the season. The amount of confidence boost that a win this week will give the players for the new system and in themselves will put some real swagger in thier step.

I pick LaVega by a touchdown, but it will not surprise me to see Brownwood pull off an upset.

Rocket
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM

They drew first blood, they drew first blood. - Rambo

Rocket
09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I said this earlier and I haven't changed my mind. Both of these programs have winning traditions over the long haul and both are very sound teams. LaVega has the big offensive line that if clicking can dominate a line of scrimmage. The new QB and backfield are not really new since all played alot last year, just did not start in those positions. Defensively they are quick and hit hard.

Brownwood has the athletes and speed to match up pretty well in the game. The new system seems to bring out the best in the Lions. Even without Jaxon, this is a team that will put up some points. The only question is if the defense is improved enough to make the big stops. Based on the first game results, there is real improvement, but this week will show if the defense can hold it's own against a quality opponent.

LaVega should win based on the ability to control the line of scrimmage, but if the Lion defense can make the stops and at least find a stalemate on the line, they could win this game.

This game will set the tone for the rest of the Lion season in my opinion. The Lions win this one and realize that they can beat a above average team, and they will be a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the season. The amount of confidence boost that a win this week will give the players for the new system and in themselves will put some real swagger in thier step.

I pick LaVega by a touchdown, but it will not surprise me to see Brownwood pull off an upset.

I agree 100% with this. All I want to see is Brownwood play hard and tough. If we win, sweet, if we don't, oh well. Just be in a position to win it in the end.

La Vega is no doubt a good program. My points were that yes speed and athleticism are great attributes to have, but this alone doesn't guarantee nothing. Quit being a bunch of wimps. My goodness...

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
They drew first blood, they drew first blood. - Rambo :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Rocket
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
i know i have talked alot this week but it is all fun and games but Everyone coming from Bwood and surronding areas drive safe on your trip 2 and from the game

All in fun! Good luck tonight. Looking forward to hopefully a great game of football.

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree 100% with this. All I want to see is Brownwood play hard and tough. If we win, sweet, if we don't, oh well. Just be in a position to win it in the end.

La Vega is no doubt a good program. My points were that yes speed and athleticism are great attributes to have, but this alone doesn't guarantee nothing. Quit being a bunch of wimps. My goodness... :mad: Hey who ya callin a whimp ? WHIMP !:kiss:

Rocket
09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
:mad: Hey who ya callin a whimp ? WHIMP !:kiss:

Still making icon posts? Let's work on complete sentences this week.

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Still making icon posts? Let's work on complete sentences this week. :clap: :clap: Trying to keep it on your level. gp77 said pics and icons seem to help. Lol:cool:

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 01:04 PM
:clap: :clap: Trying to keep it on your level. gp77 said pics and icons seem to help. Lol:cool: HAHA :D

BwdLions
09-04-2009, 01:43 PM

That was a good post OldBison75. I guess with age does come wisdom. :p

Rocket
09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
:clap: :clap: Trying to keep it on your level. gp77 said pics and icons seem to help. Lol:cool:

You guys do make a great couple. i will give you that. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

BwdLion73
09-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Bad weather ...or what? Can't find the Bwd. game on the radio!

yoe64
09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
i picked brownwood in my game picks for this week. so...GO LIONS

BwdLion73
09-04-2009, 07:45 PM
I guess the storm has knocked the local station that covers the game off the air! Oh my stars lol:(

Looking4number8
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
first game I have missed in 6 or 7 years and the dang radio station goes out.. Sucks,

I will start a game thead because I am getting a few updates. All I know now is Brownwood held them on first drive and leads 3-0

BwdLion73
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks L48....I'm stuck at LAKE bROWNWOOD AND AM LOST!

bwdlionfan
09-04-2009, 09:09 PM
brownwood up 15-7 at half

bwdlionfan
09-04-2009, 09:12 PM
lions get a saftey to start the third, 17-7

bwdlionfan
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
end of third, bwood driving, up 17-7

bwdlionfan
09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
24-7 Wood

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Wait until Mr. Shipley shows up.

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Wait until Mr. Shipley shows up.

:thumbsup:

When is the Bwood/Wylie game?

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM

HMMMMMMMMM :thinking:

You have been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:05 PM

Hey coach. Kiss this.

Lion_Addict
09-04-2009, 10:06 PM

October 9th in Brownwood........ :)

bwdlionfan
09-04-2009, 10:07 PM
ball game, 24-7 bwood

Looking4number8
09-04-2009, 10:08 PM

1 st district game but we got 3 more games to prove ourselves before we can worry about Wylie...

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
As a team, LV probably has more overall speed, but YOU should know that speed alone doesn't win games. Look what happened to you guys last year. I'm not saying Bwd will dominate, but they will give LV a tough challenge! You see, coaching comes into the formula as much does determination and execution. You'll see...

Hollywood is a freaking genius. Except for the "we won't dominate" part.

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
October 9th in Brownwood........ :)

Thanks. Never seen a game at Gordon Wood. This one might be the one to see! ;)

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:13 PM

I am loving the glory of NOW. You have proven you have no clue. Defensive domination. Never saw that coming huh?

Looking4number8
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Lion King and I have a combined 10 tickets on the 50 yard line, 6th roll up... If not much family is comming, we will save you a seat... Family is always first though.... even over downlow

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:16 PM

No need for excuses tonight. If Shipley would have played, it would have been flat out gross. I told you you would be eating crow tonight.

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Lion King and I have a combined 10 tickets on the 50 yard line, 6th roll up... If not much family is comming, we will save you a seat... Family is always first though.... even over downlow Thanks & of course. I'll let yall know.

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Get ready to eat your crow.

I said NO EXCUSES. You can either ignore the fact he isn't playing or say yeah he is not playing but nobody has control over that. I KNOW we could beat La Vega with him and feel pretty dang good that we can beat La Vega without him.

Change the subject. Sheesh.

Oh crap. Don't bring the mean out of me! DON'T BRING THE MEAN OUT OF ME!!!!

pirate4state
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM
No need for excuses tonight. If Shipley would have played, it would have been flat out gross. I told you you would be eating crow tonight.

LOL you are a mess! :D

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Conditioning and Discipline. I called it. Speed and athleticism is great, but not enough. You need more.

La Vega is a quality program and got alot of great players. I have no doubt they will do well this season.

These 3A Ball control offenses are good when you stay ahead. But, well you know...

2 weeks. No turnovers for the Lions.

Oh and Burnet is good.

plpsftball
09-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Just got home from the game and my hat goes off to the Brownwood lions. There fast break offense had our d looking lost out there. Congrats on a good when and best of luck the rest of the season.

Looking4number8
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Just got home from the game and my hat goes off to the Brownwood lions. There fast break offense had our d looking lost out there. Congrats on a good when and best of luck the rest of the season.

Thanks buddy, it was good jawing with you all week... all in fun, and good luck the rest of the season

Rocket
09-04-2009, 10:30 PM

Good luck to you guys. Great program and good kids. You guys be safe and have a great season.

All in fun.

STANG RED
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Congrats to THE WOOD. Looks like yall got it going your way for sure. Good job.

Rocket
09-05-2009, 12:14 AM
thanks...

BEAST
09-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Our D is back. Took a one year lay off but it is BACK. You will not mash us with a running attack. La Vega averaged 280 on the oline and managed 1 score. If our offense was close to full speed, it would have been much worse. The Brownwood tide is rising. WE ARE BACK!!

Oh, and whoever said lets see what Brownwood does against a quality opponent(meaning La Vega), well now what. I think we beat a very good Burnet team, and quite simply, La Vega was just outmatched.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
09-05-2009, 04:27 AM

Would be Awesome if you could make it Rita!!! :)

Cadetdad
09-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Great win to the Lions....ill eat all the crow i have to...you guys did good.

Rocket
09-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Appreciate that. Honestly, I was very nervous about this game. After last season, I knew La Vega wasn't a team to take lightly.

Brownwood doesn't stay down long. And this year, the team is fired up and a little bit pissed.

garciap77
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh crap. Don't bring the mean out of me! DON'T BRING THE MEAN OUT OF ME!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:2thumbsup

Looking4number8
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM

No need to eat crow for me but if it gets down too it and you have to, I have a lot of very good recipes left over from last year:) :)

Oh, and I sure hope to use them this year, I did pick us to go either 6-4 or 7-3!!

pirate4state
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Would be Awesome if you could make it Rita!!! :) Looked at our schedule. We play IN Mathis that night. Hated rivals. Gonna have to wait for another game, unless Mathis implodes before then. LOL :D

OldBison75
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Okay Lions, I said before the season that people better be ready for you guys this year and if the defense was played to the normal level of the new coaching staff you would challenge for the Regional Championship. Well- LaVega was asa good a team as most of the Region and you pretty much controlled everything they tried to do.

The LH's, Abilene Wylie's, and the rest better watch out. This team now believes that the new system can win and a little of that type confidence with the athletes you have is a dangerous thing for the rest of us. Plus, you are doing it without your top receiver--although you may not really need him with the way everyone is playing.

Brownwood will be a factor in the state championship.

garciap77
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Okay Lions, I said before the season that people better be ready for you guys this year and if the defense was played to the normal level of the new coaching staff you would challenge for the Regional Championship. Well- LaVega was asa good a team as most of the Region and you pretty much controlled everything they tried to do.

The LH's, Abilene Wylie's, and the rest better watch out. This team now believes that the new system can win and a little of that type confidence with the athletes you have is a dangerous thing for the rest of us. Plus, you are doing it without your top receiver--although you may not really need him with the way everyone is playing.

Brownwood will be a factor in the state championship.

:iagree: