PDA

View Full Version : Is This the Year?

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Every season there are those games in which one of the teams has dominated the series to the extent that a team may have not ever or rarely have beaten another in their histories.

Last year there were some games in which this trend was broken. Which ones were they, and which ones this season do you think have a good chance of ending another team's dominance?

The most notable example in 3A that I can think of was Prosper's one-sided defeat of Celina last season.

Some say that Whitesboro is long overdue for a playoff appearance.

turbostud
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Poor Whitesboro. :(

bigwood33
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys and this year may be tough again. We certainly are better than we were 5 or 6 years ago and obviously prior to that for several years. Our 2 biggest issues are 9-3A and shrinking enrollment. We are down to about 455-460 students and don't have enough kids out for football. There are way too many boys in Whitesboro with 'yeast infections'...if you know what I mean :rolleyes:
I have a son who plays so I obviously want him to enjoy a playoff season but I am not sure we have enough to make it happen this year. We play Cisco this week and that will be a huge test for us and then we hit a little softer portion of our schedule that may allow us to build a little confidence (Pottsboro and Bonham). Only time will tell and I am not giving up hope but Celina, Prosper and Argyle are still in our district...

pirate4state
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
:eek: :spitlol: :eek:

wow

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys and this year may be tough again. We certainly are better than we were 5 or 6 years ago and obviously prior to that for several years. Our 2 biggest issues are 9-3A and shrinking enrollment. We are down to about 455-460 students and don't have enough kids out for football. There are way too many boys in Whitesboro with 'yeast infections'...if you know what I mean :rolleyes:
I have a son who plays so I obviously want him to enjoy a playoff season but I am not sure we have enough to make it happen this year. We play Cisco this week and that will be a huge test for us and then we hit a little softer portion of our schedule that may allow us to build a little confidence (Pottsboro and Bonham). Only time will tell and I am not giving up hope but Celina, Prosper and Argyle are still in our district...

What an honest assessment by a player's parent, bigwood. I can only tell you that there is "light' at the end of even the longest tunnels. The Bulls were a perennial "doormat" for almost all of their football history up until the Danny Henson era began in 1992. That same 0-10 92' team went 11-2 in the 93' season, and the Bulls have not been out of the playoffs much since. It can happen in Whitesboro, too. Best of luck to Whitesboro and your family this season.

bigwood33
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks Bull...good luck to the Bulls this year too!

bigwood33
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
BTW Bull, an old friend of mine coached at Bridgeport for several years, Jim Cain. He is now coaching at Sanger and Tracy is at Denton ISD doing something with technology.

Bullaholic
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
BTW Bull, an old friend of mine coached at Bridgeport for several years, Jim Cain. He is now coaching at Sanger and Tracy is at Denton ISD doing something with technology.

Yes, I think he was the DC during our best season--the 2001 semis. Good coach.

mr.leopard man
09-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Whitesboro is in for a long season this year..maybe one or two wins total.. I wish it was different but it isnt.. They maybe 2 years away..at best.

LE Dad
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I have a son who plays so I obviously want him to enjoy a playoff season but I am not sure we have enough to make it happen this year. We play Cisco this week and that will be a huge test for us and then we hit a little softer portion of our schedule that may allow us to build a little confidence (Pottsboro and Bonham). Only time will tell and I am not giving up hope but Celina, Prosper and Argyle are still in our district... :cool: OK here are some things that may help , Pray, bribery, luck, Act of God, and for next year UIL realignment . Good luck though, it is no fun being the district doormat but it is nice when you sneak up on someone and get a W. Stay positive.:clap: :clap: