LG 2-1 Lockhart 2-1
Punts-Ave:
LG 4-35 Lockhart 5-35
Penalties-Yards:
7-47 Lockhart 7-68
Score by Qtrs:
LG 6-21-6-14
Lockhart 0-7-14-7

notes: The Leps held All State rb Hardaway to 54 yards rushing.
Wilkerson had 3 receptions all for tds and 95 yards; McHazelett 14-141-1 td and 1 td rushing.
Great job Leps! Beat Yoakum!

a:D

TRENCHES06
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Those stats aren't entirely accurate.

Wilkerson actually had 4 catches and LG passed for 385 yds.

TRENCHES06
09-01-2009, 01:58 PM
And McHazlett had 15 catches for 156 yds

Pudlugger
09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
It's the Fayette County Record, what can I say?:D

KL3
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
The only thing that really pops out at me is La Grange's dismal running game.

HEMOTOXIC
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by KL3
The only thing that really pops out at me is La Grange's dismal running game.

If the Leps can get a serious running game, they will challenge Bellville/Giddings for the district championship.

Airforce1
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
The run game does concern me. On the other hand if you throw for almost 400 yards why would you run if the defense is giving you the pass? No one ever says If they can not throw they will be horrible to Bellville, Sealy and others. I bet La grange's running stats where close to most teams passing stats. I think La Grange's run game is about equal to all the other teams passing game and their passing game is as good as most teams running game. We will see in 10 weeks whose offense and defense gets them in the playoffs.

footballguru
09-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I think some people forget the fact that LG's "run" game, like all spread teams includes all of the passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage. # 8 caught 15 balls for 156 yards and most would be considered "run" plays no different than a toss or sweep play. # 34 caught several balls that are the same thing. Just my take

HEMOTOXIC
09-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Airforce1
The run game does concern me. On the other hand if you throw for almost 400 yards why would you run if the defense is giving you the pass? No one ever says If they can not throw they will be horrible to Bellville, Sealy and others. I bet La grange's running stats where close to most teams passing stats. I think La Grange's run game is about equal to all the other teams passing game and their passing game is as good as most teams running game. We will see in 10 weeks whose offense and defense gets them in the playoffs.

I hear what you are saying. After seeing the Leopards against Hamshire Fannett last season, I believed that they would do ok but their running game needed work. A year later, I see that the passing game on paper is good. Will the passing game alone be enough to beat the likes of Bellville, Giddings, and Sealy this season? Well, we shall see. Having fail to make the playoffs last season relying on the passing game doesnt satisfy me at this point that they will win this season when it counts. If you are going to go against good defenses like Bellville and Giddings, you better be able to throw everything including the kitchen sink at them. And please don't get me wrong, I support the Leopards. I just think that it will be much harder to stop La Grange if they had a more stable running game coupled with a good defense.

Airforce1
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
You have to play great defense and be able to run the ball to win a state championship. Liberty Hill won a state game with out throwing the ball, I do not think anyone has won a state game without running it. I might be wrong. Is the LG run game bad because of lineman, rb or coaching? Or is it a combination of the three? I watch them and it looks like they can not stay on blocks, and I hope their starting rb is a lot better than what played against Lockhart because there was no explosiveness at all. Run the ball leps it well help you down the road!!!!!!!

TRENCHES06
09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Starting RB did not play vs. Lockhart. Also, the # of carries posted above is not accurate.
I think this week will give a better picture of the running game.

Pudlugger
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
The Leps will improve greatly in their running game. As the season progresses opponents will be mindful of the passing weapons LG can employ and that will open up running opportunities. I see more bubble screens, play action and qb draws in the Leps playbook. I think the coaches read the Lion defenses well and just took advantage by throwing the ball as much as they did Friday. Next week against Yoakum they might decide to run more. Also, Wilson will be back at rb and that will help the rushing stats I'm sure.