PDA

View Full Version : So... What would Steven Irwin do?

Gobbla2001
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Found about a 13 inch rattlesnake in our storage closet here at work last Friday coiled up in the corner behind a softball (cute little bugga)... Was gunna kill it on the spot but decided to wait and show the co-workers... one wanted to catch it so we did... other went and bought it an aquarium on lunch break and he stayed in the shop-office all weekend... can't keep him at work, safety issues, so I took the dude home yesterday...

Now, I'd kill it, like I should have done in the first place, but the guy has lasted this long and it'd be kind of cold-blooded...

I'm thinking about letting it go in a very rural area, but I dunno, doesn't sound very responsible... then again, they're already all over the place here anyway...

Called the zoo and they don't take 'outside snakes' because they may have a disease (must've grown the ones they have now in a test-tube or somethin')

So I keep asking myself, "to the choppin' block with him? or off to torment baby field-mice until that second button comes along and the meal gets bigger?"

basically, WWSID?

Howdy BTW

Gobbla2001
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh crap, been a while, guess this is meant for the non-sports forum :doh:

turbostud
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Steve Irwin would look that snake face to face and say "Crikey."

turbostud
09-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Steve Irwin would look that snake face to face and say "Crikey."

Sorry wrong tense. should be past tense.

crzyjournalist03
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
put an ad on craigslist or ebay for it. I'm sure there's somebody out there who would buy it.

If that doesn't work, keep him, grow him, then grill him.

IrishTex
09-01-2009, 02:07 PM
You could keep him and fatten him up, then take him to Sweetwater to the Rattlesnake Roundup and get 5.00 per pound for the guy...

:)

Tiger Turtle
09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Around here, snakes are indigenous personnel. Once they get inside the backyard fence, their life is forfeit (especially if they are venomous). If the Labs don't get them first, my pellet gun takes care of them.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM
GOBBLA!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even read your post I was so happy to see you!!!!!!!

Okay... now I have read it...

Let the thing go in some rural area away from civilization!!!

pirate4state
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
:wave: Howdy stranger!

Tough decision. I like crzy's idea! Sell him!