PDA

View Full Version : Places in eat in Sweetwater after a Game

ASURugger
09-01-2009, 08:28 AM
We are playing a meet in the middle this Friday at the Mustang Bowl. Could anyone out there, and I think there might be a few, help me out as to what local places would be open to eat after the game.

gibby
09-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ASURugger
We are playing a meet in the middle this Friday at the Mustang Bowl. Could anyone out there, and I think there might be a few, help me out as to what local places would be open to eat after the game.

First, drive to Abilene.

Sweetwater Red
09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
What two teams and at what time Friday?

ASURugger
09-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Eldorado and Slaton 7:30

BILLYFRED0000
09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by gibby
First, drive to Abilene.
+1

DaHop72
09-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
+1 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hummm, and you've eaten in Sweetwater when????

STANG RED
09-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Eldorado and Slaton 7:30

Not much open after 9. Not thats really very good anyway. Allen's Family Style meals would be the best choice before the game. Whataslopburger and Sonic are on the main east/west drag through town (Business I-20 / Broadway).
There are just some of the regular fast food places on I-20 that'll still be open after the game. Taco Hell, McDogcrap, Wendys, and a couple other artery cloggers.
There is a TA Truck and Travel just west of town on I-20 that has a 24 hour restaurant, but I'm not a big fan. It'll do in a pinch I guess. They cant screw up a club sandwich too bad.

Phantom Stang
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I had breakfast at the TA over 4th of July weekend and really enjoyed it. If you do decide to eat there, stay away from the buffet and order off the menu.;)

BILLYFRED0000
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hummm, and you've eaten in Sweetwater when????

Some my friend. My Great Grandmother lived in Roscoe. My grand uncle lived in sweetwater. And I had an uncle that was a county com for years in Roscoe. I lived up in Bronte, winters, ballinger, and Abilene at different times.

95mustang
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM

Best bet is to go early and hit Ma Allen's up. It is very good.

ivchris
09-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Isn't there a BBQ place in Sweetwater......Buddy's or Bubba's or something like that? Other than that, Whataburger or Sonic.

garciap77
09-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I hear Stang Red makes a mean club sandwich !:D

;)

P.S. I'll take a bud light with that!:)

Ma Allen's if you get there early; best place to eat in SW, besides STANGS PLACE!:D

Twirling Time
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Does Sweetwater still have DQ? I ate there the last time I was there. But that was 10 years ago.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
Isn't there a BBQ place in Sweetwater......Buddy's or Bubba's or something like that? Other than that, Whataburger or Sonic.

Buck's is what you're referring to

shamu85
09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Buck's is what you're referring to

Is that the place with all the Mustang plaques and the Mustang bowl mural on the wall? We ate at that place last summer on our vacation to Palo Duro Canyon. The burger was pretty good. Sweetwater seemed to be a great little town, too.

DU_stud04
09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
Is that the place with all the Mustang plaques and the Mustang bowl mural on the wall? We ate at that place last summer on our vacation to Palo Duro Canyon. The burger was pretty good. Sweetwater seemed to be a great little town, too. yup.

TheDOCTORdre
09-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
Is that the place with all the Mustang plaques and the Mustang bowl mural on the wall? We ate at that place last summer on our vacation to Palo Duro Canyon. The burger was pretty good. Sweetwater seemed to be a great little town, too.

yeah that would be the place the room with the plaques is known as the Tom Ritchey room I believe