PDA

View Full Version : Hey TxMike.....

trojandad
09-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Wondered if you were able to hear about the refs at Diboll-Cathage game? I gave some of their calls on a prior post, but these were the same guys at our Trinity game. Were you able to find out who they were? The Diboll people on here can tell you about some of the calls as well, so it won't be just me dissing them.

TXMike
09-16-2003, 03:08 PM
I was not interested in who they were as much as what part of the state it was in. The personalities are not that important to me (although they obviously might be to a coach)

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: TXMike ]</small>

trojandad
09-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh ok, gotcha. I wish there were a way to post them somewhere that mattered. They just need to be doing something else, especially the head guy. He just doesn't know the rules.

TXMike
09-16-2003, 03:38 PM
I don't know how to say this any clearer...if COACHES have specific gripes about refs they can make that known to the guy's Chapter. If the complaint is specific, i.e. NOT just "he does not know the rules" but something like..."He enforced a pass interference penalty for a foul in the end zone by having the ball placed at the 1 yard line." I have not met a guy yet from any Chapter in the State where they do not take these kinds of gripes seriously.

trojandad
09-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Mike, I'm not speaking for my coach, he has complained on them to no avail obviously since they are still out there.

I stated very specifically what they did in earlier posts and volunteered to go get the posts for you, but just because someone doesn't repeat every last specific each time doesn't mean they aren't available to be written each time there is a post.

It's a chat board, it's not a deposition. I appreciate your desire to have a voice for the refs out here but trust me, you have been heard. The reason for the post was to ask for info, not to get chided on old cud. I went to law school, I can get so anal on specifics it'll cause you to hurl, trust me. They were, and are, specifically awful. Thanks for the input.

TXMike
09-16-2003, 03:56 PM
No coach is forced to use ANY ref in this state. They have an absolute right to scratch any official they wish. If someone who has caused problems is there again it is ONLY because the coach permitted it. That is why, as a ref, I tend to doubt when a fan/parent/etc, says a coach has complained about a ref to no avail. That is just not how it works.

And I was not looking for specifics here. Nothing is going to be resolved here. I was suggesting that if you had any imput with a particular coach that you encourage him to provide specifics to the appropriate Chapter.

trojandad
09-16-2003, 04:01 PM
It won't do any good to tell you I have, you'll tell me you doubt I have again. So let me say thanks, I heard you, and onward and upward.

TexDoc
09-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Coming from another official, I have to make it clear that we cannot criticize officials from another chapter, schools or coaches publicly. That would get us thrown out of TASO in a heart beat. That being said, Mike nor I can ridicule officials on this board. We can ask you specifics about a situation and tell you the ruling. Take that for what its worth.

As for coaches and scratches, Mike is right on the money. The coaches agree to the officials, so if they have a game with a school that is not happy with them, then the coaches have little room to complain. They have the opportunity to scratch them.

trojandad
09-16-2003, 04:29 PM
That was known, I said in an earlier post they were scratched, thanks. Again, nobody was asking criticism for them. The announcer for the Diboll field was doing that enough for everyone.