PDA

View Full Version : Wk. 1 Bridgeport @ Mineral Wells

Bullaholic
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't have a good handle on this one from the Mineral Wells side. I know that the Rams are continuing to improve in 4A but have not been able to get out of district in several years. I know they like to run it a lot, and I think the Bull "D" is plenty tough this season and should shut their "O" down. I think the Bull "O" showed improvement against Breckenridge, and should be even better this week. I think the Bulls take this one by 10 or more.
The best part is---the game is in the Rams' brand-new stadium instead of the old one that had the 60-degree inclined, wooden bleachers.

Go Bulls!

Z-RO
08-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I hope B-port wins, but I think Mineral Wells get the win off talent alone.

Bullaholic
08-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I hope B-port wins, but I think Mineral Wells get the win off talent alone.

Thanks for the support, Z-RO, but unless MW improved that much from last season, and the Bulls dropped off even more---With my non-homer opinion I still think the Bulls win.

RedWhiteBlue
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm with the Bulls....:D

Matthew328
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Mineral Wells is very dangerous for Bridgeport. Great soph. class with some athletes...throw that in with ten starters back on offense a new coach who was a good college HC and 7 back on defense....this will be a close game

BullsFan
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll go with the Bulls on this one. If they have a lot of returning players, they're going to be the same team we beat last year, no? I was far more worried about having so few returning players, but our boys on both sides of the ball looked pretty sharp last week. I BULLieve. :)

Why would a successful college HC go to a rural 4A high school?

wildstangs
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I'll go with the Bulls on this one. If they have a lot of returning players, they're going to be the same team we beat last year, no? I was far more worried about having so few returning players, but our boys on both sides of the ball looked pretty sharp last week. I BULLieve. :)

Why would a successful college HC go to a rural 4A high school?

I think he had recently been the athletic director at Lon College in Jacksonville.

GrTigers6
08-31-2009, 06:38 PM
After watching them take a 13-0 lead on us last week and then give it up shortly after half, then it was back and forth till the buzzer went off. I thank they are much improved from last years team. I know we are untested still but i know this years team could have beaten their lasts years team easily. They have a pretty good passing game now. Watch out for the slow drag across the middle from the blocking end. They scored twice on it. I still think Bridgeport will win but it won't be as easy. We would have if we would have been ready when the game started instead of waiting till the second quarter.

BullsFan
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think he had recently been the athletic director at Lon College in Jacksonville.

Is that a 4 year school? I guess I still don't understand why you'd go from a college to a HS unless it's one of the bigger schools. Then again MW is considerably bigger than we are, so I guess it's all in the comparison.

Here's hoping we're up for this game on Friday!

Matthew328
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Lon College doesn't have football..he was the HC at Navarro for a long time....Lawrence is a real good coach and he's got the athletes in MW in the right places.....this is not the same MW team as last year...anytime you bring back that much experience and you bring in talented you kids for depth you'll be solid...this will be a battle

wildstangs
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Is that a 4 year school? I guess I still don't understand why you'd go from a college to a HS unless it's one of the bigger schools. Then again MW is considerably bigger than we are, so I guess it's all in the comparison.

Here's hoping we're up for this game on Friday!

Junior College. I would assume the Mineral Wells gig pays between 70 and 75K, so I bet he got a raise to take the job. Mineral Wells is also his hometown, and getting back into football was probably just to good a deal. They have a great stadium there.

BullsFan
08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
I can totally sympathize with coming back to your hometown. The rest is just gravy. Good luck to this coach....for every game except this one! ;)

OldBison75
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Mineral Wells has never lacked the athletes to compete, but the attitude and commitment of the school administration has been questioned plenty. The new coach and all that came with it has apparently lit a fire under the school and team. They will be a tough match for the Bulls.

Bridgeport proved to the world that they could compete with most any team last year and even though they have a lot of holes to fill, they have the guys to step in and handle the job. Offensively, they will just pick you apart if they get in any rhythm.

This will be a dogfight but I think Bridgeport will pull out a close game with last minute heroics.

Phantom Stang
08-31-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm going with the established program in this one.

Bridgeport by 10.

garciap77
09-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Bridgeport Win!

slpybear the bullfan
09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
MW old stadium with the redneck version of IMAX seating (think STEEP, OLD and SPLINTERS) = FAIL

MW new stadium = WIN

Rocket
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Mineral Wells is very dangerous for Bridgeport. Great soph. class with some athletes...throw that in with ten starters back on offense a new coach who was a good college HC and 7 back on defense....this will be a close game

Matthew-

Don't you realize that if you sucked last year, you will suck the next year? LOL Or better yet, if you were good last year, you will be good this year? It is automatic. OOOHHH, wait a minute, there MIGHT be other factors that make a team a whole lot better or a whole lot worse. Hmmm...:thinking:

Phantom Stang
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Matthew-

Don't you realize that if you sucked last year, you will suck the next year?
Who said Rocket never makes sense?:clap:

blaster
09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Bulls "D" looks pretty tough this year. Bulls by 14. Looking forward to visiting that new stadium as well.

SOONER09
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I hope the bulls can get the offense going a little more without the turnovers. Mineral Wells quarterback will not have much time to get rid of the ball. Bulls by 13

slpybear the bullfan
09-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I think that we will see a much bigger challenge for the Bull D this week. I think the D looked good against Breck, but it should have. This week should let Bull fans get a much better idea of our D.

The Bulls O will need to step it up. Running game will have to start getting into it more to move the ball on the Rams.

Bulls by 7.

GO BULLS!

BwdLions
09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Didn't Mineral Wells beat Glen Rose in Week 0? I was surprised at the outcome of that game but never heard any details. Just going on what I do know, I'll pick the Bulls in this one 31-21.

trojan37
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Didn't Mineral Wells beat Glen Rose in Week 0? I was surprised at the outcome of that game but never heard any details. Just going on what I do know, I'll pick the Bulls in this one 31-21.

Mineral Wells beat Glen Rose 27-20 last week. I was a little shocked at that myself. Even though Glen Rose lost Thompson, the QB they have this year is supposed to be real good too. Mineral Wells might surprise some people.

MamaBull
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE]Mineral Wells quarterback will not have much time to get rid of the ball.[QUOTE]
amen to that.