PDA

View Full Version : My take on WOS after seein them Friday

Gsquared
08-31-2009, 08:53 AM
OMG, quickest most athletic defense I have seen in a LONG time.

GUNHO
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll agree with that.The offense is way behind the defense at this point.That probably holds true for most teams.The O looked good at times and sloppy at others.Got some fine tuning to do with this young qb and they should get better.Had a ton of penelties,they need to work on that.

Bullaholic
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Dang, G2---just because WOS87 became a mod......:D

BTW--WOS teams historically have never suffered from a lack of speed, and apparently this season's is no exception.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I saw some highlights on friday night on tv and they were bad!

setxsports
08-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Mostly Sophomores and Jr's to!

Gsquared
08-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by **********
Mostly Sophomores and Jr's to!
Yeah. If that WOS qb makes quicker decisions, he is gonna be one bad dude. Being zero week, bet that gets better!

setxsports
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
He will. WO-S got their good Secondary Coach back in Mark Foreman. Was here during the Glory days.

garciap77
08-31-2009, 12:13 PM

:D

Gsquared
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Abilene Wylie back in 03 or 02 I think it was (State champ year) was one of the best defenses I have seen. Not as quick and athletic as WOS this year but just as good if maybe not a bit better. Wylie that year had such a solid D line and a freakin safety that could fly to the ball and clean everyhing up. Two great defenses but two totally different styles. The WOS secondary is incredible. There wasnt one DB for WOS that I didnt think had D1 written all over him.

WOS1
08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
well, I was aking you if you went and what you thought on another thread, so ignore that. I* thought our defense looked pretty good, too. Our pass defense was what killed us against gilmer last year. Those guys graduated, these young guys look they are the real deal!

WOS1
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
well, I was aking you if you went and what you thought on another thread, so ignore that. I thought our defense looked pretty good, too. Our pass defense was what killed us against gilmer last year. Those guys graduated, these young guys look they are the real deal!

Gsquared
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Abilene Wylie back in 03 or 02 I think it was (State champ year) was one of the best defenses I have seen. Not as quick and athletic as WOS this year but just as good if maybe not a bit better. Wylie that year had such a solid D line and a freakin safety that could fly to the ball and clean everyhing up. Two great defenses but two totally different styles. The WOS secondary is incredible. There wasnt one DB for WOS that I didnt think had D1 written all over him.
No doubt they are the real deal. Best ive seen in a long time.

bird_fan
08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Just a random post here but i would love to see a WOS- Cuero match up

WOS1
08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
I would too bro. There has been talk about Hooks possibly trying to get a game set up at a neutral field next realignment. I sure hope that happens.

garciap77
08-31-2009, 07:55 PM

IMO the 2000 team had the best defense I've seen at Abilene Wylie since 1997. The State Champ team was during the 2003-2004 season. Not taking any from our defense that year, but our QB was a big part of the reason we won state that year. It's hard to tell how good we will be this year so early in the season (we don't "claim state" after our first scrimmage like some people do), but from what I saw Friday night (with the exception of the first half of the 1st quarter) I believe we are going to have a good team this year. We had 56 players suited out and everyone played!

P.S. I not going to sit here and tell you that we are the best thing 3A has or that it's going to be a cake walk or that it's going to be like playing AIR; like someone we know and love!:D

;)

Gsquared
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
IMO the 2000 team had the best defense I've seen at Abilene Wylie since 1997. The State Champ team was during the 2003-2004 season. Not taking any from our defense that year, but our QB was a big part of the reason we won state that year. It's hard to tell how good we will be this year so early in the season (we don't "claim state" after our first scrimmage like some people do), but from what I saw Friday night (with the exception of the first half of the 1st quarter) I believe we are going to have a good team this year. We had 56 players suited out and everyone played!

P.S. I not going to sit here and tell you that we are the best thing 3A has or that it's going to be a cake walk or that it's going to be like playing AIR; like someone we know and love!:D

;)
Well, I get to see you guys pretty soon. I have Wylie at Brownwood on my schedule.

sinton66
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by bird_fan

Cy-Fair would be a great place to do it. I'd like to see it too.

Old Green
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I would too bro. There has been talk about Hooks possibly trying to get a game set up at a neutral field next realignment. I sure hope that happens. A WOS-Cuero match would be great. Maybe the coaches can make it happen this next realignment. I enjoyed the Games between WOS and Bay City at Pearland. Went 4 years straight Gobbla and I.

pirate4state
09-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Just a random post here but i would love to see a WOS- Cuero match up NO JOKE! Talk about speed to burn!

garciap77
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Well, I get to see you guys pretty soon. I have Wylie at Brownwood on my schedule.

I'll have my camera ready Gsquared! Maybe a picture of you and Rocket?:D

Gsquared
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
I'll have my camera ready Gsquared! Maybe a picture of you and Rocket?:D
:thinking:

garciap77
09-01-2009, 07:22 AM

GUNHO
09-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Yeah buddy.Ever sense we moved down to 3A I wanted that game to happen but it just hasn't materailized.With all the tradition both schools have it would be a great game.If it ever happens I hope it's when both have good teams.

Gsquared
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Id drive 12 hours for that matchup

trojan37
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
The WOS secondary is incredible. There wasnt one DB for WOS that I didnt think had D1 written all over him.

I bet they couldn't cover Shipley.:rolleyes:

setxsports
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Wanna bet? This years group could!:1popcorn:

hollywood
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by **********
Wanna bet? This years group could!:1popcorn: It would probably take a double or triple team effort though. Let's see what happens.:stirpot:

LE Dad
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I bet they couldn't cover Shipley.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't know how good the kid is as a receiver, but I have a feeling he is going to be the top excuse in the state if Wood loses this week.