PDA

View Full Version : Farmersville vs Prosper

Farmersfan
08-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Farmersville goes into Prosper to take on the defending Div I 3AAA State Champion Prosper Eagles.

Prosper beat Queen City friday night by a score of 35-0.
Farmersville beat Winnsboro by a score of 15-7.

Prosper lost a lot of big guns from last years team and Farmersville returns almost everyone.

Thoughts and comments?

IrishTex
08-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Funny how I just posted a story about Prosper. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97172)

Farmersfan
08-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Funny how I just posted a story about Prosper. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97172)

I find it amazing that some school districts can do things like this and yet Farmersville can't even give a State Title winning coach a raise in order to hang on to him...............
What happened to the "Share the Wealth" programs that were suppose to evenly distribute the money?????? Someone forgot to drop off the check in Farmersville!:(

firstdown
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Should be a good game. Prosper lost Hunter Nix but they are still a good team. I hear that they have a very talented defense again.

Prosper by 7

ssgmp5150
08-31-2009, 09:14 AM
I am a die hard Farmer fan and sure wish they can get the upset against Prosper this week. I really believe they can do it, but they must focus and execute to near perfection on every play and eliminate any and all mistakes and turnovers. If they do this, then they could possibly pull off a close victory! If not, then it might be a long night for the Farmers. From what I understand Prosper simply re-loaded on the offensive line! They are bigger and faster than last year's squad and their defense is going to be just as good as last year! So, I think it will be a closer game this year than it was last year and if the Farmers can play mistake free and get after it, then they might just pull the upset.

ssgmp5150
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, we sure are missing Coach Wright and his staff! His assistants were awesome and I hope they have a good year this year at South Garland!

Originally posted by Farmersfan
I find it amazing that some school districts can do things like this and yet Farmersville can't even give a State Title winning coach a raise in order to hang on to him...............
What happened to the "Share the Wealth" programs that were suppose to evenly distribute the money?????? Someone forgot to drop off the check in Farmersville!:(

IrishTex
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Great question!

And what happened to all the money the schools of Texas were going to get because of the lotto?

And what happened to all of the money that the school districts were going to get because of all of the windmills that are littering the country now?

:rolleyes:
It gets to where it's difficult to believe much any more.

ronwx5x
08-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Great question!

And what happened to all the money the schools of Texas were going to get because of the lotto?

And what happened to all of the money that the school districts were going to get because of all of the windmills that are littering the country now?

My take on your questions:

The Lotto money goes to the General Fund. This was intended from the very beginning of the Lotto due to the fact that the income is very unpredictable. If the Lotto money went directly to school funding, the amount would have declined almost every year. The real question is, do schools get more funding because of the lottery?

Many, if not most, of the windmill farms receive a tax abatement for several years as they are not financially viable without relief. At some point they do begin paying taxes, just generally not from the beginning. This may actually cause a decline in taxes depending on what taxes the land was generating prior to the temporary abatement. If it was agricultural land, probably not much.

This is my understanding and not necessarily fact.

charlesrixey
08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
what was the score last year? i don't remember

Looking4number8
08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Great question!

All that money went to Wylie.

ssgmp5150
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
It was like 38 or 42 to 6 I think! They spanked us pretty good last year! Bottom line was that it was by a whole bunch!

Originally posted by charlesrixey
what was the score last year? i don't remember

orange machine
08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Prosper has a great defense, but the offense is pretty weak from what im told. If Farmersville can score 2 touchdowns and get some turnovers they should win the game.

Farmers 13

Prosper 7

bowleghorses
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Is it just me or everyone forgetting about Prosper. It reminds me so much of last year...State Champs!!!!!:)

orange machine
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Prosper will be very good on the defensive side of the ball, but the offense is nothing compared to where it was last season. Prosper will have to win games with the defense and hope the offesne can score just enough.

bowleghorses
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM
What part of the offense will be lacking?

bowleghorses
08-31-2009, 09:20 PM
I think a lot of people will be surprised by the Prosper offense,and especially the quarterback play.Very strong arm and a tough runner. He ran for three touchdowns Friday. Also last year everyone said defense was Prosper's strength. I see Prosper as not having a lot of big names but a team of athletic kids who does what it takes to win games. They also have some great unknown coaches.

orange machine
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
What part of the offense will be lacking?

QB Oline

ssgmp5150
09-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Prosper is going to be good again this year. I am a lifelong Farmer fan and I hope our guys can beat them. I think they are fully capable of beating them, but must play a perfect ballgame to do it as Prosper will be tough as nails again. So, I disagree with Orange Machine there.....I think Prosper will be pretty darn good again this year and will possibly give Celina all they want in district play!

garciap77
09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
All that money went to Wylie.
]

:hand: We don't have any money! We are a poor district! Our band will not be traveling to LH because it's too expensive! :hand: Nice try Looking4number8!:D

;)

Farmersfan
09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I think a lot of people will be surprised by the Prosper offense,and especially the quarterback play.Very strong arm and a tough runner. He ran for three touchdowns Friday. Also last year everyone said defense was Prosper's strength. I see Prosper as not having a lot of big names but a team of athletic kids who does what it takes to win games. They also have some great unknown coaches.

I'm thinking Prosper can't help but be good again. I don't expect them to be as good as last season but still a very tough team. They can't help but be good because of their million student enrollment!:D :D (Farmersville vs Prosper is like 2AA vs 4AA). Last year they won the game before it ever started because their band and support staff was like a NFL team. The players were intimidated by the dang nerds in the band. They wheeled out all these boxes of equipment, spot lights, cranes, stage decor and basically looked like a ELO concert coming to town. I hear Farmersvilles best horn player even dropped his PUFFER at the sight of them.........:D :D

orangeblooded
09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I am a die hard Farmer fan and sure wish they can get the upset against Prosper this week...

Would it be an upset if the Farmers won? According texashsfootball.com rankings Farmersville is #15 and Prosper #20. Just asking because I don't know much about the Farmers. I'm not sure if those rankings are accurate/reliable.

Cheers.

coachkiss
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Prosper will beat the pee out of them. Literally. And I don't like Prosper.

ssgmp5150
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, well texashsfootball.com's rankings are ridiculous! They also have Lovejoy ranked higher than both Prosper and Farmersville and I can assure you that Prosper would work Lovejoy over. Lovejoy will struggle to beat an average 2AA team Friday night in the form of Melissa! I am a die hard Farmer fan, so I won't say Prosper will whoop us up, but wouldn't be surprised if they did! It would definately be an upset if Farmersville beat Prosper! However, anything is possible, so I wish the Farmers all the luck in the world and hope they shock the area football predictions come Friday night!

Originally posted by orangeblooded
Would it be an upset if the Farmers won? According texashsfootball.com rankings Farmersville is #15 and Prosper #20. Just asking because I don't know much about the Farmers. I'm not sure if those rankings are accurate/reliable.

Cheers.

MN95
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I would love to see Proper get beat, but I'm guessing they win big, by at least 3 td's.

Farmersfan
09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone have any stats or numbers from the Prosper vs Queen City game? 59-0 last season and 35-0 last week. Is Queen City better than last season or was Prosper 24 points worse? I think if Prosper runs the ball a lot then the Farmers will make a good game out of it. If they can really throw the ball then they could run up the score quickly. Our corners are a little inexperienced. But beware the phantom safety (Wiggins). I predict 2 interceptions again Friday night. Hopefully one will go back for a TD. :) :)

bowleghorses
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
I talked to someone friday. he advised they played a lot of younger kids the second half.It was 35-0 at halftime.

ssgmp5150
09-01-2009, 02:49 PM
If we can keep this game close or pull off the upset, then I will be a believer that our team this year might do something special and make a run in the playoff's as I think Prosper will be making another deep run in DI again this year!

bowleghorses
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Prosper's o-line should be pretty strong,they have three of five starters back. all seniors this year.Plus Mario Edwards son is on the end. that kid is a beast. check out gametapetube.com . search mario edwards.:eek:

bowleghorses
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
What kind of size do the farmers have? Do they have a lot of speed?:confused: :confused: :D

Farmersfan
09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
What kind of size do the farmers have? Do they have a lot of speed?:confused: :confused: :D

The Farmers have a good size line and some pretty good team speed. No real burners though. Wiggins can take it to the house if he gets a little daylight. They also have a couple of Fullbacks who can take a screen pass all the way if they break loose. Most of the team speed is evident on defense though.