7. Mexia
8. Cameron Yoe
9. Silsbee
10. Waco La Vega

Who Moved Out: Rusk and Tatum
Who Moved In: Silsbee and Waco La Vega

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't think any of the Reg III "big boys" had overly impressive performances in Week 0. First game jitters or a little newspaper reading going on??:thinking:

coach
08-30-2009, 06:04 PM
where is fairfield?

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by coach
where is fairfield?

About 45 miles south of Corsicana on I45.

coach
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
About 45 miles south of Corsicana on I45.

more like 30- 35 miles south of cana

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by coach
more like 30- 35 miles south of cana

I took a stab at it! lol

ziggy29
08-30-2009, 07:12 PM
[B]I don't think any of the Reg III "big boys" had overly impressive performances in Week 0.
You obviously didn't see Rockdale play.

navscanmaster
08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
You obviously didn't see Rockdale play. Or Navasota.

But that is probably because he doesn't consider either of them "big boys":D :p

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Or Navasota.

But that is probably because he doesn't consider either of them "big boys":D :p

Ok fine. "Big boys" was a reference to the teams that are constantly mentioned in the state title conversations: Carthage, Gilmer, and WOS. No offense to Navasota or Rockdale intended. Y'all can be "Mid-sized boys"! Good?:D

Electus Unus
08-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Ok fine. "Big boys" was a reference to the teams that are constantly mentioned in the state title conversations: Carthage, Gilmer, and WOS. No offense to Navasota or Rockdale intended. Y'all can be "Mid-sized boys"! Good?:D when has carthage been consistently mentioned for state titles? the only teams in region III that meet that category are WO-S and Gilmer

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
when has carthage been consistently mentioned for state titles? the only teams in region III that meet that category are WO-S and Gilmer

Oh I don't know. Maybe because they won it last year, and are returning that massive line of their's. I, living 50 miles from Carthage have heard them mentioned several times in reference to being repeat champs!

Electus Unus
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh I don't know. Maybe because they won it last year, and are returning that massive line of their's. I, living 50 miles from Carthage have heard them mentioned several times in reference to being repeat champs! you said consistently....last year and this year do not equal consistency

orange machine
08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
I noticed that the Kilgore Carthage game was pretty close. Is Kilgore down this year or is Carthage that good considering Carthage lost to Kilgore last year?

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I noticed that the Kilgore Carthage game was pretty close. Is Kilgore down this year or is Carthage that good considering Carthage lost to Kilgore last year?

Kilgore lost 18 starters from last year and are a very undersized for a 4A team.

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
you said consistently....last year and this year do not equal consistency

Then define consistency so I don't make this mistake again!

Electus Unus
08-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Then define consistency so I don't make this mistake again! Gilmer, Celina, WO-S, Abilene Wylie, and LH to name a few are all consistent with state title aspirations.

It will take a few more years for them to get the term consistently mentioned for a state title.

orange machine
08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Kilgore lost 18 starters from last year and are a very undersized for a 4A team.

So to make sure im getting this right you believe Kilgore to be down this year, so the Carthage win is no surprise correct?

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
So to make sure im getting this right you believe Kilgore to be down this year, so the Carthage win is no surprise correct?

Carthage should've rolled Kilgore in my opinion!

WOS1
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM
While I understand what you're saying there Buckeye, I'll take a 42-21 win over Nederland anytime. Don't get me wrong, we still have MUCH improving to do. However, we put up 423 yds of offense (213 rushing/210 passing) and only surrendered 178 total yds to a 4A team that went 3 rounds deep last year and returns most of that team including the best returning QB in the area. So, I was very pleased with our outing.:D

OldBison75
08-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Okay, Navasota and Rockdale may not be the "big boys", and probably rightly so based on your definition. However, both played very well in week 0 and along with Cameron Yoe hold 3 of the top ten positions in the Region Poll. That's three teams from the same district and they did not even mention Caldwell who lost a close game to highly touted Bellville from Region 4.

Region 3 is loaded with top teams and they often fight it out in the regular or district seaon each year and beat each other up. Anyone left standing come quarterfinal time has a real shot at winning it all.

I don't know if the Navasota and Cameron and Rockdale rankings are correct right now, but by the end of the year I expect at least two teams from that district to be ranked in the top 15 statewide going into the playoffs.

I have no doubt that Gilmer and WOS are the two teams that have the talent and experience to contend for the championship, and Carthage is out to prove that last year was no fluke. But, every other team listed in this top ten is capable of surprising any of those three on a given night.

AggiesAreWe
08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
While I understand what you're saying there Buckeye, I'll take a 42-21 win over Nederland anytime. Don't get me wrong, we still have MUCH improving to do. However, we put up 423 yds of offense (213 rushing/210 passing) and only surrendered 178 total yds to a 4A team that went 3 rounds deep last year and returns most of that team including the best returning QB in the area. So, I was very pleased with our outing.:D

I disagree with that "best returning QB in area" comment.:D

GUNHO
08-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

Yeah that's a little questionable...LCM has a pretty good little QB.:p :D

AggiesAreWe
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Yeah that's a little questionable...LCM has a pretty good little QB.:p :D

Touche', Gun.:D

waterboy
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
This year has been proclaimed as the "Year of the Stump". Everybody else will play second fiddle.:D

Eagle1
08-31-2009, 03:05 PM
I would put Navasota up there with Gilmer, Carthage and WOS they return just as many players as any of these teams from a team that barely lost to LaVega. They also had the most impresive win this week. I might even put them at the top. I bet Carthage won't beat Henderson 47-0 this week.

waterboy
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Navasota definitely had the most impressive win out of the top 10 teams in the region. The top 3 teams had some first game jitters. It'll take a few more games to get a clearer picture of where everyone should be ranked, but if you were to base it on the first game Navasota does look the most impressive thus far.

rockdale80
08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok fine. "Big boys" was a reference to the teams that are constantly mentioned in the state title conversations: Carthage, Gilmer, and WOS. No offense to Navasota or Rockdale intended. Y'all can be "Mid-sized boys"! Good?:D

Who you calling midsized little man?

;)

If Gilmer didnt play in a weak district they probably wouldnt even make the playoffs....:kiss:

plpsftball
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
La Vega will be moving up again this week.

waterboy
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Who you calling midsized little man?

;)

If Gilmer didnt play in a weak district they probably wouldnt even make the playoffs....:kiss:
You must be buying into Rocket's "Celina Theory"! :D

griff
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Ah hah! Another Jeremy Johnson reference. You're back to form, AAW.

WOS1
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM

OK, how about "arguably" the best, or "best returning QB in the area in 4A"? :p

HEMOTOXIC
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
I would put Navasota up there with Gilmer, Carthage and WOS they return just as many players as any of these teams from a team that barely lost to LaVega. They also had the most impresive win this week. I might even put them at the top. I bet Carthage won't beat Henderson 47-0 this week.

I'm not at all for comparing scores, but, I say that Carthage will dominate Henderson as well. From what I have read, Henderson is down. Look for Carthage to win big.

AggiesAreWe
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
OK, how about "arguably" the best, or "best returning QB in the area in 4A"? :p

I can live with that.

Griff, it's been too long, had to get my JJ fix in.

easttexas3a
09-02-2009, 04:46 AM
All I know is from the East Texas teams, Gilmer was sloppy, but beat a Jasper team 42-14 that will most likely make the playoffs. Carthage beat a mediocre Kilgore team that will likely be the 4th team in their district. Tatum lost a close one to a mediocre 4a team in Hallsville. A surprising game to me was how well Navasota played, although Henderson may only win 1 or 2 games this year, Navasota went on the road to a 4a school and dismantled them. Spring Hill beating Lindale was a surprise to me, I expect Lindale to make the playoffs in 4a.

This weeks games for Carthage and Gilmer are pretty pie, as Gilmer will beat rains 70-0 and Carthage will probably beat Henderson 40-0.

Gilmer's biggest test of the pre district comes up next week imo going on the road to play LE. That one will be as good measuring stick to see where the buckeyes are at.