PDA

View Full Version : So LH peeps.........

BEAST
08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Fill us in. Off year? What's going on?

BEAST

LE Dad
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Fill us in. Off year? What's going on?

BEAST :cool:

Daddy B 12
08-30-2009, 01:23 AM
The team is very young only returning 3 starters and the players stepping in for the other spots are mostly underclassmen. They will get off to a slow start but will gain experience playing through a tough pre-district and by district pick it up and really start to gel. I guess it will be what some call a rebuilding year.

Boomer
08-30-2009, 05:04 AM
We get those kind of years sometimes. It will happen! As long as those kids keep improving and working hard, they will come together.

Footballhudini
08-30-2009, 05:33 AM
LH will have a lastyear brownwood-type record of 4-6 or 3-7 imo. only they don't talk smack as much, so its kind of hard to make fun of them. next year they'll be back in the top-20.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 09:52 AM
It was ONE freaking game with a team that probably hates us about as bad as any.

Sounds like Burnet must be pretty darn good....or maybe the 'Wood isn't quite as good as advertised? :thinking:

BwdLion_80
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Sounds like Burnet must be pretty darn good....or maybe the 'Wood isn't quite as good as advertised? :thinking:

To quote a LH poster:

"The team is very young only returning 3 starters and the players stepping in for the other spots are mostly underclassmen."

The Lions are starting 19 or 20 juniors, apparently just like LH, except we have a new O and a new D to learn. So I would say we did pretty well against Burnet. Are the Panthers still running the same O and D?

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
To quote a LH poster:

"The team is very young only returning 3 starters and the players stepping in for the other spots are mostly underclassmen."

The Lions are starting 19 or 20 juniors, apparently just like LH, except we have a new O and a new D to learn. So I would say we did pretty well against Burnet. Are the Panthers still running the same O and D?
Yes, same O & D.

I didn't make any excuses about why we got skunked - we flat out got beat, plain & simple. It happens sometimes. My comment was more a dig at BEAST. ;)

BwdLion_80
08-30-2009, 11:27 AM
I understand. I don't usually post any smack, but I thought I would try it. Actually more of a fact thing than a smack thing.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I understand. I don't usually post any smack, but I thought I would try it. Actually more of a fact thing than a smack thing.:doh:
Hey, I hear ya! :) The fact is that we have no starters remaining from our championship teams, and probably have 10-12 starters (just a guess, I haven't learned everyone's number yet) who had never seen the field on a Friday night. I can pretty much guarantee that our "young" players made huge strides Friday in their growth to men. I don't think there are any kids in the state that work harder than our kids; AS hard, yes, but harder, no.

Don't let our loss make you think we'll be a pushover in 3 weeks. :D

Looking4number8
08-30-2009, 11:57 AM

You know we already thought that....:) :) :) Just messing with ya!

Rocket
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Yes, same O & D.

I didn't make any excuses about why we got skunked - we flat out got beat, plain & simple. It happens sometimes. My comment was more a dig at BEAST. ;)

A skunk is a scary thing. It can usually be avoided, but if not, it stinks. Bad.

Rocket
08-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
LH will have a lastyear brownwood-type record of 4-6 or 3-7 imo. only they don't talk smack as much, so its kind of hard to make fun of them. next year they'll be back in the top-20.

We will see about next year and the Top 20. Not convinced on the longevity of LH's Program. Prove me wrong. Is it a talent system or a program system. We will find out in the next 3 years.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
We will see about next year and the Top 20. Not convinced on the longevity of LH's Program. Prove me wrong. Is it a talent system or a program system. We will find out in the next 3 years.
Why 3 years? How many years back are you going to look at our success? Last year? 2006? 2 state championships and 2 semi-final appearances in less time than the 'Wood has 1 semi-final appearance. Do something lately in this "less talented top to bottom" class, then we'll talk.

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 01:19 PM
:thinking: I have a bad :doh: feeling we are about to be subjeced to LH theory.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BwdLion_80
08-30-2009, 01:20 PM

Oh don't for a moment think that I think your Panthers will be a pushover, ever! I am looking forward to when y'all come to Brownwood. It will still be a great game!

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:thinking: I have a bad :doh: feeling we are about to be subjeced to LH theory.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:spitlol: :spitlol: :ack!:

espn1
08-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Why 3 years? How many years back are you going to look at our success? Last year? 2006? 2 state championships and 2 semi-final appearances in less time than the 'Wood has 1 semi-final appearance. Do something lately in this "less talented top to bottom" class, then we'll talk. .

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey, I hear ya! :) The fact is that we have no starters remaining from our championship teams, and probably have 15-20 starters (just a guess, I haven't learned everyone's number yet) who had never seen the field on a Friday night. I can pretty much guarantee that our "young" players made huge strides Friday in their growth to men. I don't think there are any kids in the state that work harder than our kids; AS hard, yes, but harder, no.

Some just wish for doom and gloom for LH. One loss the first week...shoot let's all just throw it in and surrender. Wonder why we play for a season and not just one night. :rolleyes:

LH won't be a pushover this week. But let them all think the Panthers are weak...that's ok...we'll check back in a few weeks and see what's being said. ;)

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Why 3 years? How many years back are you going to look at our success? Last year? 2006? 2 state championships and 2 semi-final appearances in less time than the 'Wood has 1 semi-final appearance. Do something lately in this "less talented top to bottom" class, then we'll talk.

Oh don't worry. It's coming. Lately? You mean this year? Last year is LONG GONE.

lulu
08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Some just wish for doom and gloom for LH. One loss the first week...shoot let's all just throw it in and surrender. Wonder why we play for a season and not just one night. :rolleyes:

LH won't be a pushover this week. But let them all think the Panthers are weak...that's ok...we'll check back in a few weeks and see what's being said. ;)

You and your peeps hang tough.

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 06:31 PM
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Go Rocket Go.:clap:

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom

Nope. Not wishing for it. Nothing we say can take away from the success of the last few years. Just looking at the here and now and the reality that is this season. I have talked to some LH guys off the board and according to them, its gonna be a long season.

The "we are young" excuse applies to us too. We will have some battles ahead of us as well. This Brownwood team has alot of growing up to do if they want a deep playoff run. Sure am glad we are in 3A though. Much better chance than 4A. ;)

lulu
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LE Dad

And what are you trying to start?:stirpot: :tisk:

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by lulu
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LE Dad

And what are you trying to start?:stirpot: :tisk: :D

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh don't worry. It's coming. Lately? You mean this year? Last year is LONG GONE.
So what do the next 3 years have to do with "this year"? Again, do something in THIS classification that's worth talking about other than BB fodder, then we'll talk.

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Nope. Not wishing for it. Nothing we say can take away from the success of the last few years. Just looking at the here and now and the reality that is this season. I have talked to some LH guys off the board and according to them, its gonna be a long season.

The "we are young" excuse applies to us too. We will have some battles ahead of us as well. This Brownwood team has alot of growing up to do if they want a deep playoff run. Sure am glad we are in 3A though. Much better chance than 4A. ;)

Wasn't referring to you Rocket..was referring to Beast...but it's good to hear from my Brownwood friend. :inlove:

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 06:42 PM
So what do the next 3 years have to do with "this year"? Again, do something in THIS classification that's worth talking about other than BB fodder, then we'll talk. :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

:stirpot: Get him LHPM :1popcorn:

lulu
08-30-2009, 06:43 PM
So what do the next 3 years have to do with "this year"? Again, do something in THIS classification that's worth talking about other than BB fodder, then we'll talk.

Tell 'em LHMom.....3a don't mess around. They Might want to go back to 4A lol

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM

OK, I will come find ya if it happens. ;)

I want to see if you guys can get back to where ya were. That is all. Sometimes it takes longer than 3 years. Sometimes less. Just curious to see what happens.

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Tell 'em LHMom.....3a don't mess around. They Might want to go back to 4A lol

LOL ignorant.

slingshot
08-30-2009, 06:48 PM
LH will get better...just hope not a lot better in one week ;) .

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
LH will get better...just hope not a lot better in one week ;) .

No doubt. LH can only get better. However, Wylie coming to town is not going to be fun.

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
LH will get better...just hope not a lot better in one week ;) . Like to see em in bout 2-3 weeks. Let these kids get used to running offense in game situations.

lulu
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
I know .....:D

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rocket
I know .....:D

Thats good he can admit it. :rolleyes:

lulu
08-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Thats good he can admit it. :rolleyes:

Well in his behalf I did mess up my post. So I did look a bit stupid
but I did think "ignorant" was a bit brash. No need to wake the sleeping giant though.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Well in his behalf I did mess up my post. So I did look a bit stupid
but I did think "ignorant" was a bit brash. No need to wake the sleeping giant though.:rolleyes: :D Its ok, shame he can't counter point instead.:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
08-30-2009, 08:46 PM
If people are getting frustrated at me, and mad at me for not being "as supportive" or "not as dedicated of a fan as other" than so be it. That isn't what it is however, I just don't have as strong of "purple tinted sunglasses" as other. Yes I doubted last years team in the off season, and that was only concerning the Wylie and Brownwood games. 2 perennial Texas powers scared me so early in the season, but there was no doubt that with our talent we were still gonna make the run we did. This year though it's just not there, and it's NO BIG DEAL. I'm still gonna hope and pray the Panthers win, and I still expects the boys to pull a big W off that no one thinks they will.. the whole LH is down thing could end up playing into the boys favor as district rolls around. I just don't understand how some people can accuse me of "bashing" the panthers? Which one would you rather have, the village idiot that predicts "butt whippings and 50- shutouts against great teams like giddings, wylie and brownwood? Or humbled, realistic and honest inputs that aren't ridiculously stupid?

I have always done as much homework as I can on my team and on the teams that are put onto our schedule and from that information I'm gonna form my opinion.

As far as the coaches not doing "good enough" or whatever, I dunno bout that. I mean we are talking about a staff that's put into place a great system that without, LH would have ZERO titles. The coaching staff is a GREAT one and I think they're doing all they can to get these boys ready for the ones that count and I think they will, I expect alot of very close and hard fought games for the boys in district. IF, and I think they will, make the playoffs in the 2nd or 3rd slot I would not be surprised if we win a few games that we "shouldn't" just because these boys, unlike most others have seen ALOT of playoff football the past 2-3 years and come November I think that could help them alot.

garciap77
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
If people are getting frustrated at me, and mad at me for not being "as supportive" or "not as dedicated of a fan as other" than so be it. That isn't what it is however, I just don't have as strong of "purple tinted sunglasses" as other. Yes I doubted last years team in the off season, and that was only concerning the Wylie and Brownwood games. 2 perennial Texas powers scared me so early in the season, but there was no doubt that with our talent we were still gonna make the run we did. This year though it's just not there, and it's NO BIG DEAL. I'm still gonna hope and pray the Panthers win, and I still expects the boys to pull a big W off that no one thinks they will.. the whole LH is down thing could end up playing into the boys favor as district rolls around. I just don't understand how some people can accuse me of "bashing" the panthers? Which one would you rather have, the village idiot that predicts "butt whippings and 50- shutouts against great teams like giddings, wylie and brownwood? Or humbled, realistic and honest inputs that aren't ridiculously stupid?

I have always done as much homework as I can on my team and on the teams that are put onto our schedule and from that information I'm gonna form my opinion.

As far as the coaches not doing "good enough" or whatever, I dunno bout that. I mean we are talking about a staff that's put into place a great system that without, LH would have ZERO titles. The coaching staff is a GREAT one and I think they're doing all they can to get these boys ready for the ones that count and I think they will, I expect alot of very close and hard fought games for the boys in district. IF, and I think they will, make the playoffs in the 2nd or 3rd slot I would not be surprised if we win a few games that we "shouldn't" just because these boys, unlike most others have seen ALOT of playoff football the past 2-3 years and come November I think that could help them alot.

:iagree:

DaHop72
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM

As far as the coaches not doing "good enough" or whatever, I dunno bout that. I mean we are talking about a staff that's put into place a great system that without, LH would have ZERO titles. The coaching staff is a GREAT one and I think they're doing all they can to get these boys ready for the ones that count and I think they will, I expect alot of very close and hard fought games for the boys in district. IF, and I think they will, make the playoffs in the 2nd or 3rd slot I would not be surprised if we win a few games that we "shouldn't" just because these boys, unlike most others have seen ALOT of playoff football the past 2-3 years and come November I think that could help them alot. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post D. Sometimes it's hard for people to step back and understand that some years that a team is going to stuggle.

BEAST
08-31-2009, 01:00 PM
As for the shots at me, I wasnt smack talking when I started the thread. I was asking an honest question. I have much respect for LH. Good greif, can I not ask a question? I didnt say hey, LH sucks or anything like what everyone of you did last year about Brownwood. It is possible for even the best of programs to have an off year of two.

BEAST

BEAST
08-31-2009, 01:02 PM
It was ONE freaking game with a team that probably hates us about as bad as any.

Oh and yes, Burnet is much improved. I would not be surprised if they won yall district. Likewise, it wouldnt surprise me if Wimberly or LH won it.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
08-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great post D. Sometimes it's hard for people to step back and understand that some years that a team is going to stuggle.

What's up Hop?! How you been?

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM

:confused: Who is upset and/or frustrated with you?

Nice post btw

Daddy D 11
08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: Who is upset and/or frustrated with you?

Nice post btw

I've felt a little heat lol nothing big at all though.

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
I've felt a little heat lol nothing big at all though.

That's what she said! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Daddy D 11
08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That's what she said! HAHAHAHAHAHA

haha wow:eek: :D

Rocket
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
WOW, JUST WOW

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
As for the shots at me, I wasnt smack talking when I started the thread. I was asking an honest question. I have much respect for LH. Good greif, can I not ask a question? I didnt say hey, LH sucks or anything like what everyone of you did last year about Brownwood. It is possible for even the best of programs to have an off year of two.

BEAST
Gotcha! By the time the youngest one graduates, I will have had Panther football players at some level 7-12 for 15 consecutive years. Which really doesn't mean jack other than I've seen a couple of games. :D I don't see 1 loss as being an omen or a sign of things to come. :)

buff4life
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
IDK if anyone has thought about this but....maybe Giddings is that good?

:D :D :D

while I think Giddings is very good, LH is missing athleticism, they have hard-nosed, determined kids but those kids lack outstanding athleticism...

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Hmmmm.....

So Brownwood peeps........ :thinking: :thinking:

sinton66
09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Hmmmm.....

So Brownwood peeps........ :thinking: :thinking:

Dang, I think I can read your mind..............:D