PDA

View Full Version : Region 4: GOTW: Giddings vs. La Vernia

R4Editor
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Giddings vs. La. Vernia

Ok, we know it’s not cool to put the same team in back-to-back GOTW. We were looking at the Yoakum/La Grange match-up, but Yoakum giving up 36 points isn’t the way to earn GOTW status. Besides, any team that is willing to schedule Bandera, Giddings, Wimberley, and Cuero in pre-district has our respect. We think the Bears have the strength to hang with Giddings…at least for awhile.

Having said that, Giddings sure seems to be the real deal and if they get a bona fide passing attack to go with their power game, watch out.

IHStangFan
08-29-2009, 01:11 PM
because this IS the Reg. IV GOTW......by FAR the best game in Reg. IV this week.....and yes....La Vernia coming in a sense....out of nowhere last year to beat a very talented Cuero team.....they're just....interesting.

To my pick...my head is telling me Giddings takes care of business (and I voted this way in the poll)...but my heart is telling me not to count out La Vernia.

Upset in the making? Stay tuned!

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 03:27 PM
R4editor, I'm certain that you didn't want the likes of BOCEPHUS on your case this week...Anyhow, the game should be awesome. And I think again it will depend on which team makes the least mistakes. When we played last year, we made some big plays and took advantage of their mistakes.

I have no clue about LaVernia's team this year and how many returning players they have but I say this, the buffs O and D line really impressed me and they can tip the scales of victory in our favor if you know what I mean. (Pun intended).

Mainly I hope for a good, clean, hard hitting game with fair and neutral referees, and that everyone makes it home safe and healthy. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I also hope the Buffs pull out a victory.

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
R4editor, I'm certain that you didn't want the likes of BOCEPHUS on your case this week...Anyhow, the game should be awesome. And I think again it will depend on which team makes the least mistakes. When we played last year, we made some big plays and took advantage of their mistakes.

I have no clue about LaVernia's team this year and how many returning players they have but I say this, the buffs O and D line really impressed me and they can tip the scales of victory in our favor if you know what I mean. (Pun intended).

Mainly I hope for a good, clean, hard hitting game with fair and neutral referees, and that everyone makes it home safe and healthy. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I also hope the Buffs pull out a victory.

Yeah, and I'm hoping for rainbows and unicorns.:D

Seriously, I think Giddings rolls in this game.

BOCEPHUS
08-29-2009, 05:42 PM
DID U SEE THEM BUFFS UH 'SLANG'EN THE TATOR', A BY GAWD MIRACLE I TELLZ U. BUT PEOPLE IN THE STANDZ WHERE I WAS A SITTN WAS SCREAM'N AT DAT THAR COACH QUIT WITH ALL THAT NONSENSE AND 'GIVE IT UP THE MIDDLE' 50 TIMES A GAME LIKE SPOSZED TO DO, WHAT THE HELL RONG WIT HIM. I WUZ SPLAIN'N TO'EM IT WAS ALLRITE, AND IT WAS GOOD DAT HE COULD GET THAT TATOR IN THE AIR, WUZ NOT BAD THANG. BUT DEM PEEPLE SED ONLY TIME THAT WANTZ THAT THANG IN THE AIS IS WHEN THEM BUFFS A PUNT'N, AND THEY BY GAWD WON'T DO THAT TOO MUCH ANYWAYZ, I MEAN HELL WHY WASTE A DOWN FORE U GIVE IT BACK TO'EM OTHER FELLARS.

ALL I BE A KNOE'N IS THAT THE PURPLE PANTHERS DUN BEEN SHUT DOWN AND BEAT UP ON THIER OWN FISH'N HOLE, AND DAT THERE AIN'T A BEEN DONE IN LONG TIME, SUMBODY TOLT ME AT THE OLD HONKY TONK WE STOPPED AT THE UDDER SIDE OF GEORJTOWN THAT BEEN FEREVER SINCE THEM THAR PANTHER AIN'T SCORED A POINT.

AR FEW AS PLAYING LAVERNE DIS WEEK WHO KNOWS, I AM FIGUR'N SHIRLEY BE A COM'EN TOO!

WELL GOTZ TO GO, WATER LEVEL KEEPS A DROPPN AND TROTLINES COM'N OUT DA WATER. I BE A THANK'EN WE NEED 1 OF THEM THAR TROPIKLE STORMS DEELA FUNCHIES, TO BREW UP UP.............I CAN SLAUGHTER THME FLATHEADS IN THE LOWER CRIKS.

WELL BO BE SIN'EN OFF, TOO BUSY TO MESS WITH YOUS ALL FOLKS, NOT REAL SURE YOUS PEOPLE WORK FOR A LIV'EN ON HERE, THINNK U THEM LIBERAL WELFARE TYPES, SPEND ALL UR DAD BLAME TIME TIP'EN MESS ON HERE

pirate4state
08-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
DID U SEE THEM BUFFS UH 'SLANG'EN THE TATOR', A BY GAWD MIRACLE I TELLZ U. BUT PEOPLE IN THE STANDZ WHERE I WAS A SITTN WAS SCREAM'N AT DAT THAR COACH QUIT WITH ALL THAT NONSENSE AND 'GIVE IT UP THE MIDDLE' 50 TIMES A GAME LIKE SPOSZED TO DO, WHAT THE HELL RONG WIT HIM. I WUZ SPLAIN'N TO'EM IT WAS ALLRITE, AND IT WAS GOOD DAT HE COULD GET THAT TATOR IN THE AIR, WUZ NOT BAD THANG. BUT DEM PEEPLE SED ONLY TIME THAT WANTZ THAT THANG IN THE AIS IS WHEN THEM BUFFS A PUNT'N, AND THEY BY GAWD WON'T DO THAT TOO MUCH ANYWAYZ, I MEAN HELL WHY WASTE A DOWN FORE U GIVE IT BACK TO'EM OTHER FELLARS.

ALL I BE A KNOE'N IS THAT THE PURPLE PANTHERS DUN BEEN SHUT DOWN AND BEAT UP ON THIER OWN FISH'N HOLE, AND DAT THERE AIN'T A BEEN DONE IN LONG TIME, SUMBODY TOLT ME AT THE OLD HONKY TONK WE STOPPED AT THE UDDER SIDE OF GEORJTOWN THAT BEEN FEREVER SINCE THEM THAR PANTHER AIN'T SCORED A POINT.

AR FEW AS PLAYING LAVERNE DIS WEEK WHO KNOWS, I AM FIGUR'N SHIRLEY BE A COM'EN TOO!

WELL GOTZ TO GO, WATER LEVEL KEEPS A DROPPN AND TROTLINES COM'N OUT DA WATER. I BE A THANK'EN WE NEED 1 OF THEM THAR TROPIKLE STORMS DEELA FUNCHIES, TO BREW UP UP.............I CAN SLAUGHTER THME FLATHEADS IN THE LOWER CRIKS.

WELL BO BE SIN'EN OFF, TOO BUSY TO MESS WITH YOUS ALL FOLKS, NOT REAL SURE YOUS PEOPLE WORK FOR A LIV'EN ON HERE, THINNK U THEM LIBERAL WELFARE TYPES, SPEND ALL UR DAD BLAME TIME TIP'EN MESS ON HERE

oops --- I think Giddings has too much for La Vernia. Giddings by at least 2 TDs

Darren
08-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS

Can someone that speaks BOCEPHUS translate and summarize this?

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Can someone that speaks BOCEPHUS translate and summarize this?

He's saying he likes to watch Laverne and Shirley at the beerjoint on the other side of Georgewest. That he can catch more fish during a tropical storm. That the Buffs can eat 50 taters during the middle of the game and that he likes the Buff's new found passing game. And also that he thinks we all need to get back to work.

SHSBulldog00
08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Gidding's will improve to 2-0. La Vernia will stay close early but Buff's by 3 TD'S.

1st and goal
08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Are there any LaVernia posters out there?

Is your team healthy?

Ex-Tiger2005
08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Giddings looked very good! I'll take them in this match up 35-20!

cntdwn
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
The question is whether Giddings is that good or if Liberty Hill has taken that big of a nose dive from 08

Giddings 27
La Vernia 13

gobbler grad
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Giddings puts up more points against the Bears on Friday...:thinking:

jp744
09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
LaVernia will have a hard time against Giddings speed and talent. I am a LaVernia fan. We had trouble last year with their offense and we had a better defense last year. We may be in for a long night and long trip to Giddings.

BOCEPHUS
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jp744
LaVernia will have a hard time against Giddings speed and talent. I am a LaVernia fan. We had trouble last year with their offense and we had a better defense last year. We may be in for a long night and long trip to Giddings. 124 MILES, BE 248 BOTH WAYS.........THAT THAR IS WHAT THEM WEST TEXAS FOLKS USED TO A DO'EN EVERY FRIDAY

87 TIGER
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Giddings by 21

1st and goal
09-02-2009, 06:23 PM
The thing is, we went to their field last year and beat 'em pretty soundly which was the only game they lost (until facing Bellville in the playoffs). So, they might have a bit of revenge on their minds. Mysteriously quiet on this board they've been.

Are there any other games this weekend where 2 ranked teams are playing each other and both have already beaten ranked teams in Week 0?

That being said, I say:

Giddings-42(7 TD's and no extra points)
La Vernia-17

1st and goal
09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Sure miss our old kicker Arteaga. He was awesome. Should have gotten into a college somewhere but I don't know.

SintonFan
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I'll take Giddings in this one too.
They are just too Buff to not win. *groan*

d0tc0m
09-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I'll take the Buffs by a pretty good margin in this one. I think La Vernia is a pretty good team, underrated perhaps, but Giddings might be the real deal. If they continue to pass productively like they did last week, the Buffs could find themselves playing come late December.

EAGLETOWN
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Man... I sure hope they are still playing in late October that would be awesome.

I sure would be there cheering my family on!

I am going to try to make another game or two this year if I can.

Coach Fitz and his staff work extremely hard just like any other staff.

I visited them one weekend and went to the La Grange game Brock's junior year and Giddings Football is his #1 priority.

Reading on here and witnessing it at the game in the stands gives a person a whole new out look on what a Highschool Football Coach goes thru.

It sure changed the way I look at and react to what a coach does in a game.

Ever heard the old saying about walking a mile in a mans shoes.

They are so under payed for what they have to put up with and have to really love what they do and I know Derek does.

hsfootballfan
09-03-2009, 10:50 AM
La Vernia lost something like 25 players to graduation last year. While they always have lots of talent and have a good program and good coaches, with this being only the second game of the season I don't think they are going to be able to have it all together enough to beat Giddings. They may hang for a while, but I think this game could get out of reach for them very early.

Good luck to both teams, and safe travels for all the LV fans traveling to the game.

duckhunter
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
do the buff brothers not post anymore?

BOCEPHUS
09-03-2009, 07:22 PM
THEY GIT CAUGHT DIALING UP FISH DOWN ON TEH BIG TANK, GAME WERDEN DIDN'T BELEIVE THEIR STORY BOUT TRY'EN SEND TEH FISH A MESSAGE.......ANYWAYS U BOYS MEET ME ON NORTHSIDE OF STADUIM CROSS TEH HWYWAY AT THE NEW BUILING THEY PUT UP......NICE PARKING LOT, COOKER BE A GO'EN, BEER BE COLD........MAYBE THAT QB WILL OVERTHOW ONE AND WE CATCH IT

1st and goal
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
R U the one who blasts those fireworks after the Buffs score? If so, you are gonna be one busy sunny gun. Won't hardly get a chance to chug dat beer.

BOCEPHUS
09-04-2009, 06:39 AM
FIREWERKS???????? THATS WHAT THA HELL THAT IS! SOUNDS LIKE SUM OLE BOY A DRINK'EN AND WAST'EN 10 GAUGE SHELLS TO ME, I'LL BRANG MY OLE DOUBLE BARREL TONITE, I'LL MATCH HE'EM SHOT FER SHOT

buff4ever
09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
we are here, the buffs will take this one at home, looking for the little things on offense to be a little better than last week's normal week one issues.

buff4life
09-04-2009, 06:03 PM
buffs by 28...the team in black will sure look fast for being buffaloes

strosfan
09-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Buffs defense is fast! I don't think La Vernia is going to put up a lot of points.

Giddings 45
La Vernia 13