PDA

View Full Version : Region 4, Week 1 Top-10

R4Editor
08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Week 1, Top-10 poll as voted on by those who cover region 4.

1. Giddings
2. Cuero
3. Bellville
4. Sinton
5. La Grange
6. La Vernia
7. Sealy
8. Sweeny
9. Ingleside
10. Needville

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2009, 11:34 AM
A Hurricane is brewing :)

keep a look out for SA Sam Houston

Johnny Utah
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
In HOOPS!! LOL

IHStangFan
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I know this'll be like bathing in gasoline and then juggling flaming batons...but....

Sinton at #4? I'm not convinced they're a "better" team than the teams listed at #'s 5-8. Not YET anyway.....Sorry. DON'T HATE ME PIRATES FANS!!! :(

LE Dad
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I know this'll be like bathing in gasoline and then juggling flaming batons...but....

Sinton at #4? I'm not convinced they're a "better" team than the teams listed at #'s 5-8. Not YET anyway.....Sorry. DON'T HATE ME PIRATES FANS!!! :( :cool: You are a brave man!

IHStangFan
08-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:cool: You are a brave man! LOL...I know...and it's even worse that I'm orig. from Ingleside! Some might say I've got a motive...but that's not the case. I do wish the Pirates well though and do cheer them on as I like to see D31 well represented, especially in the playoffs. I hope the Pirates can prove me wrong & theres a good chance they will. I'll be keeping a close eye on them throughout the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Sinton at #4? I'm not convinced they're a "better" team than the teams listed at #'s 5-8. Not YET anyway.....Sorry. DON'T HATE ME PIRATES FANS!!! :( YAWN...........

Sinton will just play their games one at a time and be ready for the playoffs will a 10-0 record thats all that matters, Sinton will earned their respect again, its only the 2nd year at being on top.

99IHSMustang
08-29-2009, 02:32 PM
LOL...I know...and it's even worse that I'm orig. from Ingleside! Some might say I've got a motive...but that's not the case. I do wish the Pirates well though and do cheer them on as I like to see D31 well represented, especially in the playoffs. I hope the Pirates can prove me wrong & theres a good chance they will. I'll be keeping a close eye on them throughout the season.

Keep a close eye on the Stangs, I think they are going to suprise some teams this season.
;)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Keep a close eye on the Stangs, I think they are going to suprise some teams this season.
;) That offense can be scary if it clicks like the coach wants it to!

IHStangFan
08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
YAWN...........

Sinton will just play their games one at a time and be ready for the playoffs will a 10-0 record thats all that matters, Sinton will earned their respect again, its only the 2nd year at being on top. see...why the smart*ss "YAWN" comment? I'm just expressing my opinion. I DO respect Sinton, and was amazed at what they accomplished last year...but I personally think there are a couple of teams on that list that are "better" at this point in the season. That's all. It was not a "shot" at the Sinton Pirates in any way. Grow up.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
see...why the smart*ss "YAWN" comment? I'm just expressing my opinion. I DO respect Sinton, and was amazed at what they accomplished last year...but I personally think there are a couple of teams on that list that are "better" at this point in the season. That's all. It was not a "shot" at the Sinton Pirates in any way. Grow up. respect is earn and not given and it' take another good playoff run to keep them in mind as a top team in the region. Sinton offensively can put points on the board i would say against any of those teams with not much problems, i would have to wonder against Cuero though as they seem to have our number but there different teams now. AND only put the YAWN because that is what you were expecting :doh:

sinton66
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Sinton at #4? I'm not convinced they're a "better" team than the teams listed at #'s 5-8. Not YET anyway.....Sorry. DON'T HATE ME PIRATES FANS!!! :(

LOL, it won't be the first time the Pirates have fooled you.;)

pirate4state
08-29-2009, 05:38 PM

LOL - hey, I guess the new Region IV editor thinks we are or at the very least have the potential to be better!

Besides, we don't care if you are convinced! :D

pirate4state
08-29-2009, 05:41 PM
see...why the smart*ss "YAWN" comment? I'm just expressing my opinion. I DO respect Sinton, and was amazed at what they accomplished last year...but I personally think there are a couple of teams on that list that are "better" at this point in the season. That's all. It was not a "shot" at the Sinton Pirates in any way. Grow up. hahaha "at this point" of the season? We have all played just one game.

Having watched both Ingleside & Sinton play this week - I'll tell you right now that when we line up & face each other it is gonna be a WAR! I can't wait!

and...

I can't wait for you to actually SEE some games so you have more than just stats, broadcasts & articles to base your opinions on!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2009, 08:35 AM
What is Sintons scedule?What was the records of the opponents last season?

pirate4state
08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Does no one realize that schedules can be found on THIS site? All you have to do is look on the home page! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/top_home.gif

http://www.3adownlow.com/31-3A.php

sinton66
08-30-2009, 11:20 AM
And, so can the team histories.

IrishTex
08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
YAWN...........

Sinton will just play their games one at a time and be ready for the playoffs will a 10-0 record thats all that matters, Sinton will earned their respect again, its only the 2nd year at being on top.

Can someone PLEASE relay this to the Sinton Godfather....
I'm certain this will be a relief to PhilC

;)

Indeed!!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Can someone PLEASE relay this to the Sinton Godfather....
I'm certain this will be a relief to PhilC

;)

Indeed!! this bye week for Sinton is still scary times indeed for Phil C

sinton66
08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
tsk, tsk. They just don't realize that Phil C. is our official designated worry-wart. He does those things on purpose so the rest of us can just relax and enjoy the season as it unfolds.;)

ol country boy
08-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
What is Sintons scedule?What was the records of the opponents last season?

A weak one. They no longer scrimmage GP or play Cuero. It is a lot easier one than in the Mitchell years. They play Goliad and 2A Hebbronville. Beeville was strong last year but weak this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
A weak one. They no longer scrimmage GP or play Cuero. It is a lot easier one than in the Mitchell years. They play Goliad and 2A Hebbronville. Beeville was strong last year but weak this year. its weaker than they've had in awhile, but its the same schedule like last year. Goliad didnt change much from last year, CC Moody seems to be a little better this year and Hebbronville lost the only threat that gave Sinton some trouble on some long runs. District this year should be better with Ingleside more polished this year. Sinton scrimmages was against CC Ray a playoff team last year in 4a and La Vernia and Sinton defensively played pretty good in that tassle 3 td to 0. Sinton won't get much attention because of their schedule but should be fine once the playoffs roll around.

pirate4state
08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
A weak one. They no longer scrimmage GP or play Cuero. It is a lot easier one than in the Mitchell years. They play Goliad and 2A Hebbronville. Beeville was strong last year but weak this year.

We play CC Moody, not Beeville.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We play CC Moody, not Beeville. Moody, Beeville whats the difference :)

pirate4state
08-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Moody, Beeville whats the difference :)

School colors! :D

sinton66
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Bet Beeville and Moody are as strong as Taft.:rolleyes:

ol country boy
08-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Moody, Beeville whats the difference :)

Athletes....Beeville probably has better athletes in football....not in baseball

ol country boy
08-30-2009, 07:03 PM
District 25 will be tough. The best overall district in this region.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
25 is the without a doubt the hardest district in the state, 3 power houses in sealy, bellville, and giddings, and la grange is trying to make some hype this year

Pudlugger
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
25 is the without a doubt the hardest district in the state, 3 power houses in sealy, bellville, and giddings, and la grange is trying to make some hype this year

...three powerhouses in Giddings, Bellville and La Grange, and Sealy is trying to make some hype this year.

There, I fixed that.:D

CueroDad08
08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
;)

I would have to go with Pirates over the Mustangs if they played this week. But who knows what will happen when they do get to meet up. Long way away and you never know how both teams will be health wise. But if both were at 100% My money in on Sinton.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
...three powerhouses in Giddings, Bellville and La Grange, and Sealy is trying to make some hype this year.

There, I fixed that.:D

How is sealy "trying to make hype"?

We have made the playoffs the last 2 seasons in a row and were one win away from winning district 2 years in a row. When is the last time la grange made playoffs?

99IHSMustang
08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I would have to go with Pirates over the Mustangs if they played this week. But who knows what will happen when they do get to meet up. Long way away and you never know how both teams will be health wise. But if both were at 100% My money in on Sinton.

I am assuming you are going on pure speculation, and haven't seen either team play? I haven't seen the Mustangs, but have heard only good things about them. The fact that they are more seasoned this year is going to help them tremendously.

Pudlugger
08-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
How is sealy "trying to make hype"?

We have made the playoffs the last 2 seasons in a row and were one win away from winning district 2 years in a row. When is the last time la grange made playoffs?

I was just using your words to make the point that La Grange should not be underestimated and to have a little fun with you is all. D25 has so much parity that any of 5 teams could represent in the playoffs. Last year there wasn't that much difference between the top 4 teams. The Leps were within a td of beating Giddings and lost to Bellville by 14. They had a miserable game against a fired up Smithville team which resulted in Sealy going to the playoffs and the Leps staying home. One bad performance in D25 means you miss the playoffs. 2006 to answer your question.

pancho villa
08-31-2009, 08:15 AM
The only reason Sinton is in the top 10 is that there are tons of Sinton posters on here.

99IHSMustang
08-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
The only reason Sinton is in the top 10 is that there are tons of Sinton posters on here.

We need more Ingleside fans/posters on here, we are outnumbered like 10 to 1.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I was just using your words to make the point that La Grange should not be underestimated and to have a little fun with you is all. D25 has so much parity that any of 5 teams could represent in the playoffs. Last year there wasn't that much difference between the top 4 teams. The Leps were within a td of beating Giddings and lost to Bellville by 14. They had a miserable game against a fired up Smithville team which resulted in Sealy going to the playoffs and the Leps staying home. One bad performance in D25 means you miss the playoffs. 2006 to answer your question.

haha i know u were just trying to have fun ;) and yes in this district every team has to have respect for every other team. No one can be underestimated and there is no true underdog

pancho villa
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
We need more Ingleside fans/posters on here, we are outnumbered like 10 to 1.

Does Ingleside play 11 man football?

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 09:59 AM
The only reason Sinton is in the top 10 is that there are tons of Sinton posters on here. HAHAHA we don't get a vote. Go water some grass! :p And by that I don't mean, go pee outside! :D

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
We need more Ingleside fans/posters on here, we are outnumbered like 10 to 1. There are more than you think, they just don't list that they are Ingleside supporters. Do you blame them? :D

pancho villa
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
HAHAHA we don't get a vote. Go water some grass! :p And by that I don't mean, go pee outside! :D

I's water some DIRT to you P4S.

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I's water some DIRT to you P4S. :tisk: Always thinking about baseball.

You gotta water the GRASS during football season! :D

LE Dad
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
There are more than you think, they just don't list that they are Ingleside supporters. Do you blame them? :D :clap: LOL

Corn Cob
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Sinton should not even be in the top 10, and most certainly not #4. Pancho Villa is right about all the Sinton posters affecting the top 10 poll. However, Sinton will probably finish 10-0 and win their District. But with the schedule that they play and the District that they play in, they better. A high percentage of 3A Junior Varsity teams could go 10-0 playing that schedule.

ol country boy
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM

Pancho.......how are the bassers

ol country boy
08-31-2009, 10:34 AM

Don't you know a few people from there?

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
Sinton should not even be in the top 10, and most certainly not #4. Pancho Villa is right about all the Sinton posters affecting the top 10 poll. However, Sinton will probably finish 10-0 and win their District. But with the schedule that they play and the District that they play in, they better. A high percentage of 3A Junior Varsity teams could go 10-0 playing that schedule. LOL - I bet half of your posts are in response to something about Sinton. :clap: Did a Sinton team once dash your dreams or something?

Corn Cob
08-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Did a Sinton team once dash your dreams or something?
No, quite the opposite. Can you say blowout(s)!

pancho villa
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Pancho.......how are the bassers

They are good! things just are not the same as the old coach.

pancho villa
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
:tisk: Always thinking about baseball.

You gotta water the GRASS during football season! :D

Excuse me but we have field turf at our school!

I say Sinton walks the plank this year!

pirate4state
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
No, quite the opposite. Can you say blowout(s)!

Then I would think you'd LOVE that we were ranked so you can see us fall!

Sorry Poncho - didn't realize yall had turf! Now I'm jealous. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Week 1 and we're already getting bashed for some votes by the team that makes this poll :) . Sinton has lots of room for improvements but still couple of games til district to get them worked out.

Ingleside Fan
08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
There are more than you think, they just don't list that they are Ingleside supporters. Do you blame them? :D

Hey wait a minute! We support our team as much as anyone. :mad:

Ranger354
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Sinton had its hands full with Goliad......The young line had more then a few false starts and all that should improve. But Goliad played Sinton hard last year and look what happened.

I heard that Ingleside has a massive OL and if I didn't have to work this friday night I would go watch them play.

Right now I would give the edge to Ingelside.....just because of Sintons younger players.

Pudlugger
08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
In three weeks the La Grange Leps will be in the top 10.

sinfan75
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd put Ingleside ahead of Sinton. They whupped up on a good 4A team and Sinton had a hard time with a weak 3A team. Sinton shouldn't even be in the top ten in region 4. Total rebuilding year after losin 30 + seniors from last years 11-1 team. Nah I'd say Sinton's at the most 30th best in the region.:p

99IHSMustang
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Sinton had its hands full with Goliad......The young line had more then a few false starts and all that should improve. But Goliad played Sinton hard last year and look what happened.

I heard that Ingleside has a massive OL and if I didn't have to work this friday night I would go watch them play.

Right now I would give the edge to Ingelside.....just because of Sintons younger players.

Ingleside has a bye week this Friday.

sinton66
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Ingleside has a bye week this Friday.

Hey, that might not be fayer to Bye, we're beating up on them this week too.:D

1st and goal
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Sinton should not even be in the top 10, and most certainly not #4. Pancho Villa is right about all the Sinton posters affecting the top 10 poll. However, Sinton will probably finish 10-0 and win their District. But with the schedule that they play and the District that they play in, they better. A high percentage of 3A Junior Varsity teams could go 10-0 playing that schedule.

Don't let PhilC see this thread, he'd have a heart attack worrying.

I wish Giddings could be in the same district as Sinton, or maybe the district with Edner, Palacious or Cuero. Don't bash me, my folks are from Cuero. They (Cuero) would probably go Div I and we'd go Div II regardless of who took district. Any other districts wanna trade out with us in District 25? I'll listen to reason.

I know its just how the cookie crumbles but some of you guys have cakewalks this year. We need to start a thread about the weakest district or easiest schedule.

tiger eye
09-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Four of the top 10 are in 25-3A
Something has got to give !
Schedule favor anyone in this district?
This should prove to be very entertaining.
Anyone got a prediction or opinion on the finish in this district ?

scrub c
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
D-25 Arguably the toughest district in all of south texas... I will give them that.

SintonFan
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Ahh man...
It just a poll... for kicks an grins.
No offense taken.
lol @ SFiA.:D ;)