PDA

View Full Version : Snyder @ Big Spring

Snyder_TigerFan
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Link (http://www.lonestarvarsity.com/2009/08/29/big-spring-40-snyder-21/)

Big Spring 40, Snyder 21

By A-J Staff on August 29th, 2009 No Comments Printer-Friendly
BIG SPRING – Monte Anderson’s two touchdown runs, including an 80-yard scamper in the third quarter, spurred Big Spring past Snyder, 40-21, Friday night at Memorial Stadium.

The Tigers jumped out to a 13-0 first-quarter lead as Shade Roemisch grabbed a 69-yard TD toss from Nick Zajicek on the halfback pass. Kydrick Reed capped a 91-yard drive by scoring from 5 yards out.

Big Spring scored late in the first half on a 25-yard pass from Tyler Tannehill to Tevain Parnell on fourth down.

Anderson’s 80-yard scoring jaunt came on the opening drive of the second half. The Steers scored on a fake field goal late in the third quarter when holder Martin Yanez threw to Devante Lloyd for a 12-yard TD.

The Steers extended the lead to two scores when Matt Ritchey, who replaced Tannehill at quarterback, scored on a 1-yard sneak. Ritchey returned a fumble 47 yards on Snyder’s next possession.

Keenon Ward hurled a 23-yard strike to Anthony Taylor for the Tigers’ third score midway through the final 12 minutes.

Anderson’s 17-yard TD jaunt wrapped up the scoring. He finished the night with 24 carries for 246 yards and two TDs.

Ward, Snyder’s sophomore quarterback, debuted by completing 14 of 22 passes for 165 yards. Roemisch had five catches for 142 yards.

- Larry McCarty

BIG SPRING 40, SNYDER 21

Snyder 13 0 0 8 – 21

Big Spring 0 7 14 19 – 40

First Quarter

SNY-Shade Roemisch 69 pass from Nick Zajicek (conversion failed); 11:15

SNY-Kydrick Reed 5 run (Jose Ramirez kick); 5:12

Second Quarter

BS-Tevain Parnell 25 pass from Tyler Tannehill (Tannehill kick); 3:15

Third Quarter

BS-Monte Anderson 80 run (Tannehill kick); 11:17

BS-Devante Lloyd 12 pass from Martin Yanez (Tannehill kick), 5:50

Fourth Quarter

BS-Matt Ritchey 1 run (Tannehill kick); 11:57

BS-Ritchey 47 fumble return (kick failed); 11:30

SNY-Anthony Taylor 23 pass from Kennon Ward (Jimmy Holt conversion); 8:48

BS-Anderson 17 (kick failed); 4:38

TEAM STATISTICS

SNY BS

First downs 16 18

Rushes-yards 31-84 35-269

Passing yards 252 120

Comp.-att.-int. 16-24-1 9-17-0

Punts-avg. 1-32 3-40.1

Fumbles-lost 2-2 3-0

Penalties-yards 5-40 4-20

Snyder_TigerFan
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
For the first game, I thought Snyder looked pretty good. I thought after what I saw in the first quarter, Snyder was going to blow Big Spring away. However, in the second half the defense was unable to stop the run. #1, for a sophmore, looked VERY good. I was impressed with his play. He's a good scrammbler, but looks for the pass first. He has a pretty accurate arm too. Running game was almost non existant for the Tigers. It hurt not having Malone in there. Offensive line is going to need some work. QB had pressure on him most of the game.

I don't remember the last time Snyder had over 200 yards passing in a game.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Tough night for the Tigers. Look's like we are
going to have our hands full in a couple of weeks.

Snyder_TigerFan
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Tough night for the Tigers. Look's like we are
going to have our hands full in a couple of weeks.

I thought Big Spring looked good. A lot of speed and always capable of the big play. Their defense stuffed our run all night, and it seems like Ritchey contributed on every play.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
For the first game, I thought Snyder looked pretty good. I thought after what I saw in the first quarter, Snyder was going to blow Big Spring away. However, in the second half the defense was unable to stop the run. #1, for a sophmore, looked VERY good. I was impressed with his play. He's a good scrammbler, but looks for the pass first. He has a pretty accurate arm too. Running game was almost non existant for the Tigers. It hurt not having Malone in there. Offensive line is going to need some work. QB had pressure on him most of the game.

I don't remember the last time Snyder had over 200 yards passing in a game.

I was impressed with #1 at the Frenship scrimmage. The kid has
some wheels. I saw #28 hobbling off the field too. It must have
been worse than it looked if he had to rest it this week. Hope he
gets healthy soon. I wanna see what ya'll can do at 100%.

shackina
08-30-2009, 04:49 PM
# 28 injury was alot worse than it looked!!! :mad:

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Is it just me or is the one-dimensional run offense dying in 3A? Sweetwater and now Snyder?