PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs 4a Livingston Lions.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Bellville will make the long trip to Livingston for game 2 for the Brahmas. This will be 4a Livingtons 1st game. Livingston will be looking to get revenge over last years loss to Bellville. Livingston has had to replace QB Dustin Harris who now plays for the Aggies.
The Brahmas are coming off a road win, just getting by a very good Caldwell Hornet team. Will the Brahmas work out the kinks this week and to get a win in Livingston on Friday night?

zebrablue2
08-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Livingston returns 4/4 starters from a 6-3 team in 08. Looks to be a rebuilding year for the Lions. They lost a bunch, but have the numbers to rebuild quickly. They have had 4 straight winning seasons, so this will be a hard fought game for the Brahmas. I will go with the Bulls by a td.

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Gotta go with Bellville on this one. Livingston will be playing their first game and are in a rebuilding mode. The Brahmas are loaded and experienced coming off a big win over a very tough caldwell team. Brahmas win going away.

rancher
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Bellville had better work out the kinks also. They had two chances to deliver the knock out blow to Caldwell in the second half only to let the ball slip away from them. Thus allowing Caldwell to find MO and make a game of it. Hopefully the pass defense will improve and the offense will become more consistent. Next two games for Bellville will be a good tune up before district. Bellville in this one by 14.

cntdwn
08-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Bellville had better work out the kinks also. They had two chances to deliver the knock out blow to Caldwell in the second half only to let the ball slip away from them. Thus allowing Caldwell to find MO and make a game of it. Hopefully the pass defense will improve and the offense will become more consistent. Next two games for Bellville will be a good tune up before district. Bellville in this one by 14.

I beg to differ! There was not ONCE a threatening "knock out blow" against Caldwell. In fact, Bellville's first two TD's were gift-wrapped from two first-half Hornet turnovers deep in their own territory, and even then Caldwell nearly denied them from scoring ... Knock-out blow.... ha.

Not taking about from the Bulls' talent. They're VERY strong this year from what I witnessed, but just don't make them sound like they were light years ahead of Caldwell. Me thinketh not.

Good luck at any rate. Bellville should make plenty noise, as I expect Caldwell to do... especially after Coach W preaches about avoiding penalties and keeping a strong running game throughout games.

:rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought Bellville had this chance to put this game away. Leading 28-14, Bellville's #22 breaks away for a long run. He would of scored, but pulled up at the 31 with a cramp. A TD here would of made the score 35-14. Bellville came away with nothing, as the FG attempt failed. Both teams will be good, just have to iron out some of the kinks. Caldwell's #8 is one heck of a runner & #33 is a hoss. I held by breath everytime #7 ran the ball, he is a very quick & dangerous runner.

I got to meet ProudHornetMom & her husband, two of the nicest people you will ever come across. In fact, all the people in Caldwell were so friendly, must be a great place to live. I have to say the P.A. announcer did a great job! Good luck the rest of the season! :)

Reds fan
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I thought Bellville had this chance to put this game away. Leading 28-14, Bellville's #22 breaks away for a long run. He would of scored, but pulled up at the 31 with a cramp. A TD here would of made the score 35-14. Bellville came away with nothing, as the FG attempt failed. Both teams will be good, just have to iron out some of the kinks. Caldwell's #8 is one heck of a runner & #33 is a hoss. I held by breath everytime #7 ran the ball, he is a very quick & dangerous runner.

I got to meet ProudHornetMom & her husband, two of the nicest people you will ever come across. In fact, all the people in Caldwell were so friendly, must be a great place to live. I have to say the P.A. announcer did a great job! Good luck the rest of the season! :)

Exactly what I was about to post. The Caldwell folks were great! As for putting thr game away, no matter how the score got to 28-14 that play would have iced it.

cntdwn
08-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Exactly what I was about to post. The Caldwell folks were great! As for putting thr game away, no matter how the score got to 28-14 that play would have iced it.

....or fired up the Caldwell offense even more.

Remember the comeback in 2006? 29-28?

It can happen... and nearly did.

BrahmaMom
08-29-2009, 03:11 PM
The Brahmas learned a great deal last night, that's what pre-district games are for. Caldwell is always hospitable and they always play us very tough. I don't expect any gimme games this year, and it would be a mistake for the team to think that. I don't think the coaches will allow that kind of thinking, either. Livingston will be looking for pay backs, so I know we have to be on our toes. Get ready, Brahmas. Let's do what it takes to eliminate those cramps--they got too many of our guys last night. The cooler weather can fool you--keep drinking lots of water. Heal up, rest up and prepare! GO BRAHMAS!

XMan
08-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Livingston doesnt have speed so that will pretty much seal the deal for the Brahmas. The LONG trip and terrible conditions for all involved will keep the game closer than it should be. Might have the Livingston chapter officiating also. Livington's facility is a true "pasture of pain". The locker room facilities are pathetic at best. The bleachers bring back memories of O'Bryant Field. Livingston is the only place ive ever been where limbs obstructed the fans's view. Good luck Brahmas.

Bull's-eye
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
www.bellvilleweb.com will have webcasts of all the Bellville football games.

bvillebrahma010
08-30-2009, 01:10 AM
good seeing you friday bulls eye.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2009, 07:46 AM
www.bellvilleweb.com will have webcasts of all the Bellville football games.

94.1 has had Games on forever, and still do. I still remember when John Dee and Roy May were doing Bellville sports two decades ago. Now Randy Reets is the voice of the Brahmas.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
I beg to differ! There was not ONCE a threatening "knock out blow" against Caldwell. In fact, Bellville's first two TD's were gift-wrapped from two first-half Hornet turnovers deep in their own territory, and even then Caldwell nearly denied them from scoring ... Knock-out blow.... ha.

I beg to differ? Bellville goes up by 3 tds if 22 does not pull up with leg cramps. And to say the 1st 2 were gift wrapped because of turnovers? Im sure the ball carrier said here you take it. Those turnovers were forced by a hard hit by the Bellville Defense!

Bull's-eye
08-30-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
good seeing you friday bulls eye.

Good meeting you, tell your son he played a good game. ;)

BrahmaMom
08-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Just exactly how LONG is this trip to Livingston?

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2009, 05:25 PM

It was good to meet you as well! Hubby said he enjoyed meeting and visiting with you. Just wish I had Kolaches for you! I have to agree with you about our PA. He always does an awesome job. ;)

On football, I have no doubt the Brahmas will dominate in Livingston.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
The Brahmas learned a great deal last night, that's what pre-district games are for.

It should be fun to watch this team grow & hopefuly become something special. The O-line started slow, but right before our eyes they made some huge strides. Even the coaching will improve, thought they could of done a better job with the first half timeouts & managing the clock. More work is needed on our kickoffs & kickoff coverage, but like you said that's what pre-district games are for.

11as1
08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah i heard i missed an exciting game on friday. Wish i could've been there, however i did get info on the game and was told the bulls looked kind of sloppy and that the oline had some touble, especially at the tackle positions any input??

Bull's-eye
08-30-2009, 07:26 PM
Early on the O-line as a unit wasn't in sync, too many defenders coming in unblocked & a little slow leading the outside sweeps. Bellville made some adjustments and did a much better job of blocking the last 2-1/2 quarters. In the 2nd half, Bellville found something on their right side. I believe the TE & right tacke were responsible for those lanes & the left tackle was doing a good job, especially on the FB draw. Bellville actually averaged 5.6 yards rushing & should of had 31 more yards if not for the runner getting a cramp.

XMan
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
How LONG is the trip? Between 2 and 3 hours.

cntdwn
08-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I beg to differ? Bellville goes up by 3 tds if 22 does not pull up with leg cramps. And to say the 1st 2 were gift wrapped because of turnovers? Im sure the ball carrier said here you take it. Those turnovers were forced by a hard hit by the Bellville Defense!

You were talking about your offense. My point is those weren't long scoring drives. Any "forced" fumbles are to the credit of the defense, not offense.

Look at the final stats, which tell how close the game was.

11as1
08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok thanks bulls eye. I was just wondering because I have heard several parents question the play of the tackles because of their lack of speed and experience. But I'm looking forward to finding out for myself. And as far as the cramps go you gotta question the conditiong put on by the coaches IMO

bvillebrahma010
08-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
Ok thanks bulls eye. I was just wondering because I have heard several parents question the play of the tackles because of their lack of speed and experience. But I'm looking forward to finding out for myself. And as far as the cramps go you gotta question the conditiong put on by the coaches IMO

cramps occur every single year first game. its the first game jitters, not drinking fluids, and that first harsh night on the player. each team experiences them. brahmas always have to an extent. as i watched some of the players come off to the sideline, i was beginning to wonder how many were gonna come off with cramps. congrats to coach foster on his first win against a great game. now, lets see if we can get two in the W column.

BrahmaMom
08-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I do not think it was lack of conditioning that caused cramps. The waterboys let J Jackson handle their duties at the end (ugh). The cooler weather fooled our players into thinking they didn't need as much liquid. As to the sloppiness of play--it might look ugly, but if it gets the job done...finesse can come later. I would like to see bigger holes for the backs to get through. But it was the first game. Yes, congrats to Foster and the coaching staff AND the TEAM on this first win of the season. Let's hope it is the first in a season of many. GO BULLS!

trg
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
I was just wondering because I have heard several parents question the play of the tackles because of their lack of speed and experience.

Are you still assuming that both the tackle positions on the OLine are being played by Sophomores?

ExBrahmaZ
08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I just wanted to address something that was brought up last week. Someone mentioned that the brahmas were lacking in LOUD leadership. To that I have one thing to say: Jacques Polk.

11as1
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by trg
Are you still assuming that both the tackle positions on the OLine are being played by Sophomores?

Yes as I stated earlier I missed the game and was informed by the other parents that the sophomores were still there

Bull's-eye
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes as I stated earlier I missed the game and was informed by the other parents that the sophomores were still there

I believe one has been moved to guard & the Sr. guard has moved outside to tackle.

Bull's-eye
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ
I just wanted to address something that was brought up last week. Someone mentioned that the brahmas were lacking in LOUD leadership. To that I have one thing to say: Jacques Polk.

Welcome to the board ExBrahmaZ! Always glad to have a few more Bellville posters. :)

trg
08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Good luck to the Bulls on Friday night against Livingston. Use the week to prepare for the game on Friday. Take one game at a time and learn as you go. I am sure by the time district rolls around the Bulls will be totally prepared.

Drive safe to all those making the long trip.

zebrablue2
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by XMan
How LONG is the trip? Between 2 and 3 hours.

is this the difference between horse & buggy and car??? 60 minutes--ROFLMAO...

dachosenone
08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ

He is a big talker which is something we need on this years teams at times. I don't think a LOUD mouth or something talking trash necessarily means a leader though.

BrahmaMom
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Sometimes leaders are quiet and lead by example. Sometimes leaders are LOUD and crazy. Successful leaders don't trash talk--they don't need to. Our guys need to focus on Livingston, prepare mentally and physically. Then leave it all on the field! Go Brahmas!

11as1
09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Good luck to the bulls this week against livingston. Just remeber be loud in the tunnel and be loud with your pads!!!
Also don't get too overconfident with livingston being 4a they won't be a slouch

Bull's-eye
09-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Any news from the Pasture of Pain? Been kind of quiet, maybe a "Red Storm" is brewing & headed east toward Livingston. :D

duckhunter
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Any news from the Pasture of Pain? Been kind of quiet, maybe a "Red Storm" is brewing & headed east toward Livingston. :D saw some news about bellville volleyball today in the houston chronicle. although with you being a bellville supporter you might not wanna read it

Bull's-eye
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
saw some news about bellville volleyball today in the houston chronicle. although with you being a bellville supporter you might not wanna read it

They can't win all the time & they were playing a 5A team. :)
Where were you last Friday? You missed a full moon. :D

duckhunter
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
They can't win all the time & they were playing a 5A team. :)
Where were you last Friday? You missed a full moon. :D i had a prior engagment. hopefully ill be able to make it down to bellville for the next home game

BrahmaMom
09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
It might be quiet at the Pasture, but I am sure the Brahmas are keeping their heads down, focusing on the task at hand and preparing to make their presence known tomorrow! Get ready for some football!! The Brahmas are heading to Livingston--Good Luck, Bulls!

11as1
09-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes it has been very quiet this week i guess it's because there's no one telling us that the starting quarterback should be replaced. haha

Brahma2006
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Anyone going to do updates over the course of the game for those who cant make it?

SintonFan
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Has no one posted "Livingston, I presume" yet??? *groan*
I take and root for Bellville in this game nonetheless.:)

Bull's-eye
09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Brahma2006
Anyone going to do updates over the course of the game for those who cant make it?

http://www.bellvilleweb.com will stream this game and all the games this season :)

BrahmaMom
09-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks, SintonFan. Love to the Pirates tonight!

teetle
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
my tigers are pretty good. but I sam worried about them Bulls. The Cardinals don't got no speed. But Lagrange and Giddings oh man we got a tough district. Coach Jimmy got them going . WE be allright. Good luck Tigers and Bellville as long as we not playing, I be for ours neighbor.:eek: :weeping:

BrahmaMom
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Back atcha!

Bull's-eye
09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Good luck Tigers & Bulls!

buff4ever
09-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Bellville in a blow out

That is what I think will happen tonite in Livingston.

Bull's-eye
09-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Bellville in a blow out

That is what I think will happen tonite in Livingston.

Take care of those Bears!! :)

Brahma84
09-04-2009, 10:02 PM
final
Bellville 28- Livingston 13

Pudlugger
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Good job representing D25 Bellville. Nice win.

zebrablue2
09-05-2009, 12:23 AM
congrats to the bulls!!:clap:

Bull's-eye
09-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Great job Bellville! Give a lot of credit to the Bellville defense, easily could of pitched a shutout. Livingston scored their first TD thanks to a Bellville fumble & scored late against the Brahma reserves. Bellville started the game with a bang, scoring 14 points in less then 6 minutes. The score remained 14-0 until early 3rd quarter, that's when the Bellville offense coughed up the ball on their own 20. The defense came on to force a fumble, but unfortunately the ball bounced into the hands of a Livingston player for an easy score. Bellville responded with a nice drive, but stalled after a facemask call on their running back. Once again the defense held and this time the offense responded with a TD scoring drive to make the score 21-7. Bellville's defense forced a fumble & J. Jackson took it 35 yards for the score.

Defense looks very sharp, hard hitting unit that causes lots of fumbles. The offense continues to spit & sputter, a couple of drives stalled due to penalties & poor play calling. On 2nd & inches at the 50, Bellville calls a pass play where the QB is sacked for a huge loss. Good situation for a play action pass or a quick slant, but you don't drop your QB that deep. Once the offense gets rolling, Bellville will be tough to beat.

BrahmaMom
09-05-2009, 09:35 AM
The Bulls sharpened their skills last week, didn't look as sloppy. The defense is pulling together nicely. The offense is getting there. Pre-season is a good time to gain experience and confidence. I look forward to an exciting season out of this team. Congrats, Brahmas, on the win. Rest up with next week off and come out to take care of Navasota!

Raider Nurse
09-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Congrats to Bellville!!!!!:)

Brahma84
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
From the Houston Chronicle

----------1 2 3 4 Total
Livingston 0 0 7 6 13
Bellville-- 14 0 0 14 28

Scoring summary
BLV -- Josh Browning 7-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 07:19, 1st.
BLV -- Kyle Mueller 11-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 06:42, 1st.
LIV -- Keke Johnson 10-yard fumble return (Allan Reyes kick), 11:13, 3rd.
BLV -- Josh Browning 4-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 07:30, 4th.
BLV -- Jeremy Jackson 35-yard fumble return (Tucker Hardie kick), 05:12, 4th.
LIV -- Keith Wilson 27-yard pass from Blake Burman (kick failed), 01:50, 4th.

Team Stats
--------------Livingston Bellville
Total yards--- 239------ 237
First downs--- 15------- 14
Rushes/Yds--- 46/177--- 36/203
Average rush-- 3.85----- 5.64
Comp/Atts---- 5/11/1--- 4/11/0
Pass yards---- 62------- 34
Comp pct----- 45.45-----36.36
Fumbles/Lost-- 8/2 ------1/1
Penalties-yards-9-76---- 6-50

beastyboyz
09-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Good to the brahmas gettin the job done on the field, I have much respect for those guys!

trg
09-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Congrats to the Bulls on the win against Livingston. Keep up the good work and keep getting better. Ya'll will be firing on all cylinders by the time district gets here.

GO BULLS!!!

BrahmaMom
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the stats, Brahma84. There is a lot to be learned from them. Love ya, Brahmas!

beastyboyz
09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Has anyone been a little "on the edge about the brahmas pass defense???
They kind of scare me at times.

zebrablue2
09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz

they worry me to no end!! who do we need to put in to help this???? :D

Bull's-eye
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM

IMO, the pass defense looked very good against Livingston.The Lions only had 62 yards through the air and about half of that came on the last drive against the Bellville reserves. CB Kennedy displayed some textbook coverage & came away with a nice interception. One of the parents pointed out that the SS was jumping the gun on most of the running plays & could get burned on a good play action pass. I'm sure the Bellville coaches will catch this during their film sessions. (Hint, Hint)

Bull's-eye
09-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Anybody know about #55? He left late in the game with what appeared to be a knee injury. It didn't look good, but I'm hoping for the best. Good luck & prayers for that young man. :)

beastyboyz
09-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Livingston only threw oh so many passes, but the interception by #7 kinda gave me a different perspective of the pass coverage.

The safety did tend to jump the run a lot, but that's just what happens when you have a "head hunter" as a big leader of your defense. #9 helps on the run denfense a lot. Nice work bulls!

BrahmaMom
09-07-2009, 10:47 AM
The Brahmas historically have not been strong on pass defense (now I am going way back). I think this coaching staff may take care of that. Weekly improvement is what I look for, and we had that with Livingston.

Bull's-eye
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm more concerned about the pass offense. It didn't apear that too many receivers were getting open & when they did, the QB had already been chased out of the pocket. I hadn't seen any deep routes to stretch the defense. Bellville has some excellent receivers coming out of the backfield, maybe a few short passes to them could turn into something big. I would hope to see more touches for #22, he has the playmaking skills to make the big plays.

beastyboyz
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Yea I was seeing that too. I wouldn't mind seeing the brahmas throwing more quick screens or hitches to use the quickness of the players. Let them use wht god gave them. But I'm sure collier knows what he's doing.

Bull's-eye
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Yea I was seeing that too. I wouldn't mind seeing the brahmas throwing more quick screens or hitches to use the quickness of the players. Let them use wht god gave them. But I'm sure collier knows what he's doing.

I agree! I was disappointed in some of the play calling. One series started with a draw on first down. Bellville executes this play very well, but it works a lot better on 2nd or 3rd & long. The 2nd play was run & they threw a short pass on 3rd down. Change the order of these play and you probably wouldn't gone 3 & out. The one call that really got me was the pass play on 2nd & inches. Great down for a quick play-action pass, but you don't drop back the QB and allow him to be sacked for a huge loss.

BrahmaMom
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Wait till district, I think you might see more of the Brahma offensive weapons. Why show our hand now?

trg
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM
You tell them BrahmaMom. :)

Bull's-eye
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Wait till district, I think you might see more of the Brahma offensive weapons. Why show our hand now?

Very true! I didn't mean to be too critical, but I know what this team is capable of doing. Give lots credit to the O-line, they have come a long way since the scrimmages & did a very good job against those big 4A boys. :)

beastyboyz
09-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Brahmas have a "off" week this week. Do u think they might relax a little bit to much, and come out kinda sluggish vs a navasota team with speed and can put points on the board??

MJMbrahmas10
09-09-2009, 07:47 AM
they are defiantly not relaxin or takin it easy

trg
09-09-2009, 08:29 AM
The Brahmas are focused and have their on eye on the big goal one game at a time. Keep working. Go BULLS!!!

ExBrahmaZ
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
The Brahmas most definately do not relax during an off week. They will spend this week and next week preparing for Navasota. I expect the brahmas to be ready to show the Rattlers what would've happened last year if they played.

beastyboyz
09-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I've heard foster is pretty hard one the boys...I guess its a good thing, it will only help them in the long run, I think they will do fairly well against the rattlers...

Possible Game of the week