PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge @ Bridgeport

Bullaholic
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Nice thoughtful, classy gesture before kickoff by the Breckenridge players. Every single Buck player placed a commemorative green and white ribbon at midfield in rememberance of Leslie Ann Denison, a Bridgeport High cheerleader who was killed in a tragic accident earlier this week. It was greatly appreciated by all of Bridgeport and was given a continuous standing ovation by all in attendance. Thank you Breckenridge for this touching tribute. It makes us all proud to see the kind of kids we have in Texas highschools.

This one was all Bulls, all night. 21-0 Bulls. The Bull "D" dominated from gun to gun, and as a result, the Bucks were never able to sustain any scoring drives. Breck is still building and I know that their tradition will produce a winner in time. Best of luck to a bunch of fine young men on the Breckenridge team.

The Bull "O" ran and passed the ball equally effectively to tally the 3 scores. It will be interesting to see how the Bull units respond to a stiffer test down the road---they did a fine job against the Bucks, and I feel like they will be able to step it up against some of the tougher teams.

Congrats Bulls---good win by all---1 down and 15 to go.

Go Bulls!

BreckTxLonghorn
08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the update. Though I never like seeing us lose, it bring me hope that Fambrough is teaching class through the process. It could have been worse than 21-0 from what I've heard before, so I appreciate that fact the Bucks kept them from scoring at will.

BurkFan
08-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow that is a great tribute.

Congrats to Bridgeport as well.

Cameron Crazy
08-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Nice thoughtful, classy gesture before kickoff by the Breckenridge players. Every single Buck player placed a commemorative green and white ribbon at midfield in rememberance of Leslie Ann Denison, a Bridgeport High cheerleader who was killed in a tragic accident earlier this week. It was greatly appreciated by all of Bridgeport and was given a continuous standing ovation by all in attendance. Thank you Breckenridge for this touching tribute. It makes us all proud to see the kind of kids we have in Texas highschools.

This one was all Bulls, all night. 21-0 Bulls. The Bull "D" dominated from gun to gun, and as a result, the Bucks were never able to sustain any scoring drives. Breck is still building and I know that their tradition will produce a winner in time. Best of luck to a bunch of fine young men on the Breckenridge team.

The Bull "O" ran and passed the ball equally effectively to tally the 3 scores. It will be interesting to see how the Bull units respond to a stiffer test down the road---they did a fine job against the Bucks, and I feel like they will be able to step it up against some of the tougher teams.

Congrats Bulls---good win by all---1 down and 15 to go.

Go Bulls! Glad the game went well for both teams. Breck showed some real class. I like to see that from them. Keep up the good work.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Awesome and I applaud Coach Fambrough and the Buckaroos.:clap:

Bullaholic
08-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Here is a TV-story link to the Leslie Denison tribute. I think it was a flower which was placed by each Breckenridge player at the 50-yd line:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/subindex/news

BullsFan
08-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Each Breck player placed a single red rose on the 50 yard line, and then the Bridgeport cheerleaders presented them all to Marcie. In addition the Breck cheerleaders made the maroon tshirts worn by both cheer squads in memory of Leslie. Just a totally class move by a totally class organization. You better believe this Bulls fan is now a Breck fan for life, and I'll be rooting for them any time they're not playing Bridgeport.

Also thought Coach Fambrough's interviews were nice. That kind of compassion and empathy starts at the top. Will be rooting for him from here on out as well.

I saw a solid effort from our offense, and I think we'll see great things from them this year. You could tell a lot of them were young players, but I was so encouraged to see some really fantastic plays. The few missteps I saw were mostly maturity issues, and those will be corrected as they get a little more seasoning down the road.

Our defense looked AWESOME! There were mistakes on Breck's O that helped our D, but also lots of speed and agility from our boys that kept Breck from moving much. All in all I couldn't have been happier with our defense last night.

But most of all I'll remember what happened before the game, when Breck showed what they were really made of. Go BUCKS!!

RedWhiteBlue
08-29-2009, 12:27 PM
That just gave me chills!! I am so proud of our District brothers and sisters for their show of empathy towards the Bulls in their time of mourning....:clap:
And congrats to Bulls in their win.:)