PDA

View Full Version : Edna at Hallettsville

44INAROW
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Anyone have an update on the Cowboys and the Brahmas?

Old Green
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Anyone have an update on the Cowboys and the Brahmas? I believe Edna won 26-12

gobbler grad
08-28-2009, 10:45 PM
that QB they have is pretty tough...he took over in the 2nd half...pretty dang quick and has a good arm...

Old Green
08-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
that QB they have is pretty tough...he took over in the 2nd half...pretty dang quick and has a good arm... On KAVU highlights they showed Kam Jones throwing a couple of 80 yard bombs for touchdowns

Cowboy_Up
08-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Kam thru 50+ and 70+ TD passes. he also ran one in from about 20 and had another long run of 50+.
If your in the area, you really should try and see this young man play.
Besides Kam, what I liked was the physical nature of our team. Edna used to be known as a hard nose football team that got after it, and this year's team has some of that.
Our D stepped up in the 2nd half, shutting down the H'ville running game.
In the 4th, even though we didn't score, we had the ball for 9 minutes. Forced them to give it up on downs, had a 4 minute drive, punted inside the 20, forced another 4 and out, then finished out the game with a 5 minute drive with the game ending with Edna inside the 10.

H'ville was not sharp tonight. Tons of false starts and a very costly turnover where they were trying to run the wildcat and snapped the ball over everyone's head.

Next week at Rice we'll learn more about the cowboys.
Nice to start a season 1-0

44INAROW
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Congrats to the Cowboys.. :clap:

I saw your QB and some of the receivers at 7 on 7 and I said it then - they have it "going on" The QB seemed to be quick and knew what he was doing. He (along with the WRs) are going to make some serious noise this season!

Next week will be a good measuring stick for the Cowboys. Rice has always been my "2A" team to watch, so picking a winner will be tough for me. I try to support the 28AAA teams when I can so maybe I'll just call next weeks game a "draw" ;)