PDA

View Full Version : Luling @ Wimberley

wimbo_pro
08-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Half time Wimberley beating up pretty good on Luling 30-7. Wimberley with lots of penalties, but looking decent for a 1st game.

gold_33
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM
53-20 Wimberley final. We looked alright, lots of mistakes and missed tackles. Smith wasn't used that much because he's coming back from an injury and didn't look back to full speed yet still had 2 td's. The younger brother of our QB who is a sophmore also looked like another star in the making with 4 td's receiving. Good first win but we need to get better to be able to play with the big boys.

wimbo_pro
08-28-2009, 10:49 PM
53 - 20 wimberley final

LHexPlayer
08-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Congrats Texans.

wimbo_pro
08-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
53-20 Wimberley final. We looked alright, lots of mistakes and missed tackles. Smith wasn't used that much because he's coming back from an injury and didn't look back to full speed yet still had 2 td's. The younger brother of our QB who is a sophmore also looked like another star in the making with 4 td's receiving. Good first win but we need to get better to be able to play with the big boys.

Agree totally with your assessment. we looked good...maybe just "ok" ...not sure how much was the poor performance by Luling since we made so many mistakes. But I saw flashes of excellence...good kicking game, good special teams coverage, good arm and decision making by the QB....good speed here and there. Size is not too bad, but better than the last 2 years. We seemed weak a few times in coverage...weak in pass protection and run blocking. Dennis Smith seemed half speed tonight...i hope he is ok. He was taken down by the 1st guy who hit him almost every time tonight...this is unusual. His history is one of a bull...no bull tonight.

TexanAlum_06
08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
There was definately some good things to take away from the game tonight. Blakemoore looked really good tonight besides that Interception down by the endzone. Running game needs A LOT of work. Something isn't right with Smith, I hope his injury is nothing serious. We had better production with Norboge in there.

I think we are going to see a lot of Brooks Blakemoore to Brennan Blakemoore this year. They were locked in to each other tonight.

Defensively we have a long way to go. Unfortunately I think our short-comings in the secondary are just a lack of athleticism. Luling went to town on us with the bubble and shuttle screens.... we had no answer for it defensively.

I think the refs called nearly every penalty in the rule book tonight....

lbjacj
08-29-2009, 10:06 PM
[i]
I think the refs called nearly every penalty in the rule book tonight.... [/B]

The ref on the Luling sideline called most of the big penalties on the Texans.I think the only flag he threw against Luling was for a sideline warning.LOL
I like the Blakemore to Blakemore connection!Brennan caught 4 TD passes tonight! The sophmore looks like a star in the making!
I hope the coaches can find some special teams players to take the load off our starters.I don't like seeing our starting QB and RBs returning kicks. :confused:

TexanAlum_06
08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
The ref on the Luling sideline called most of the big penalties on the Texans.I think the only flag he threw against Luling was for a sideline warning.LOL
I like the Blakemore to Blakemore connection!Brennan caught 4 TD passes tonight! The sophmore looks like a star in the making!
I hope the coaches can find some special teams players to take the load off our starters.I don't like seeing our starting QB and RBs returning kicks. :confused:

YEAH!!!! I about had a heart attack when I saw our starting QB field a kickoff. Not a smart risk IMO. If Smith is still injured to some extent I dont see the reason in playing him either, dont want to risk turning a nagging 2 week injury into a season ending injury. But I dont know all the details so I may be off base in my opinions.