PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Liberty Hill updates

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't give good updates, but Liberty Hill just recovered a fumble at their own 34, I think.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
LH couldn't go anywhere...punting.

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:41 PM
That's what I got too.
LH just went 3 and out. Giddings with the ball now.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
That's what I got too.
LH just went 3 and out. Giddings with the ball now.

If you are gonna do this, let me know! You will probably be much more detailed!!

charlesrixey
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
whats the link?:(

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If you are gonna do this, let me know! You will probably be much more detailed!!

I'm gettin text updates so it's gonna be a little skewed.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Ball turns over on downs to the Panthers!

LH Ball!!

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
LH holds on 4th down inside the red zone.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
whats the link?:(

Try this (http://kmacsports.com/index2.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=65)

If that doesn't work..go to KMACSports.com

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
LH punts

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
LH punts

Man, in the scrimmages the O-line was having alot of trouble. Hopefully they wear Giddings down on a few drives and some plays start breaking..

charlesrixey
08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Try this (http://kmacsports.com/index2.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=8&Itemid=65)

If that doesn't work..go to KMACSports.com

tthankyouvverymuch!:)

go panthers!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Man, in the scrimmages the O-line was having alot of trouble. Hopefully they wear Giddings down on a few drives and some plays start breaking..

For real! That defense is gonna get TIRED fast!!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Touchdown Giddings, PAT no good

1:21 left in 1st quarter

Giddings 6
LH 0

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
For real! That defense is gonna get TIRED fast!!

Keep getting texts from people saying "Giddings is HUGE!" :(

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:53 PM
30 yard pass. PAT is blocked. 6-0 Giddings

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
RM, is LHPM updating you? My contact is about 1 minute behind yours haha

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:54 PM
LH has 3 yards total and no first downs as of yet!!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:55 PM

I am listening to the live feed

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
First down Panthers!!

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I am listening to the live feed

That works too

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 07:59 PM
LH punting away

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:00 PM
LH punting away

:(

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM
TD Giddings

2 pt conversion no good

Giddings 12
Liberty Hill 0

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:07 PM
This is what I feared would happen:bigcry:

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I think I hear LHPM's cowbell!!:)

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:12 PM
LH punting from their own endzone!

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Giddings is about to score..

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
LH stops Giddings inside the 10 again..but then goes 3 and out.

Again.

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
12-0 Giddings at the half.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Touchdown Giddings!

2 pt converstion no good

14 seconds left in half.

Giddings 18
Liberty Hill 0

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
wow..my updater must be "predicting"

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
wow..my updater must be "predicting"

LOL...sounds like it!!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Halftime

Giddings 18
Liberty Hill 0

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Whew.....now I must eat!!

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Whew.....now I must eat!!

ME TOOOO!

I'm going to George's:D

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Panther's are driving...down on the Buffs 20 yard line.

Halftime talk must have done some good!!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice drive but had to settle for a field goal attempt.....no good!!

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 09:25 PM
TD Giddings

Giddings 25
LG 0

11:25 left in 4th

gobbler grad
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Did LH lose that much last year or what...never saw this coming:thinking:

44INAROW
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM

I assume she is - I am getting updates from LHPM -

King_LeYoeNidas
08-28-2009, 09:47 PM
whether Giddings is this strong or LH lost that much, any team that gets the chance to return the favor on all of those LH blowouts over the last few years are definately going to do so.

Darren
08-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Ball game Giddings 25 LH -0

Giddings actually passed the ball... Nice

wimbo_pro
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
LH got blanked? ouch.

Z-RO
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Not to rub salt into a open wound, but I told yall last week LH got it handed to them in their scrimmage. I just dont think they have it this season.

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Not to rub salt into a open wound, but I told yall last week LH got it handed to them in their scrimmage. I just dont think they have it this season.

I had a good feeling this was coming as well. Hopefully by district they bring it together to get a few wins, aint looking good though.

Z-RO
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
There was no disrespect meant, just an honest observation.

LHexPlayer
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
whether Giddings is this strong or LH lost that much, any team that gets the chance to return the favor on all of those LH blowouts over the last few years are definately going to do so.

Yep, lots of teams want a piece of the Panthers.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I assume she is - I am getting updates from LHPM -

A was listening to the KMAC webcast!

wimbo_pro
08-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Of course, LHex...thats expected. As a district foe, I hope this holds until we play each other...chances are, LH will pull themselves together and make the best of a bad start. I look forward to beating the crap outa LH...but I aint cashing in my chips just yet!!! Too much legacy in LH to write them off so soon.

One comment regarding a particular poster who, last year, said the talent level doesnt matter at LH...its all about the "system". No need to say who it was, they know who they are. Those of us who know football know that is a load of bull...you gotta have both.

cameron91
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM
LH .. doesn't look like they have any size on them..lookin at them on the news man they look under size.. hope they bounce back..

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
LH .. doesn't look like they have any size on them..lookin at them on the news man they look under size.. hope they bounce back..

Of course....several were saying that Giddings was HUGE!! They may just make everyone else look little!

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
It was hard to watch, but i cant say i didn't see it coming. Next week will be another interesting week if things don't change drastically for the Panthers...It's not just the "system" anymore, you have some leaders, and some playmakers out there on the field and there appears to be neither. The entire team was flat the whole game. I didnt see the team celebrate with each other or high five a player after a good play at all tonight. And it starts on the sidelines with the coaches. I didn't see them discussing anything with the players during the game to try and fix what was obviously broken or even show any enthusiasm towards the game (much like the game against Celina). It seems like to me, that when the goin gets tough, the coaches panic and lose all enthusiasm, which is the opposite of what you would think they need to do. All i can say is, things were ALOT different on the sidelines when we made our runs in '06 and '07...something seems to be missing.

Just my opinion after playing for the Panthers for 6 years and being a part of two state titles.

garciap77
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LH got blanked? ouch.

What's up wimbo_panther!:D

;)

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:19 AM
i wonder if it confuses people that there's another daddy on the board? :thinking:

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 12:29 AM
theres two? uh oh :devil:

LHexPlayer
08-29-2009, 12:36 AM
I hope this losing streak is short lived. The last time Liberty Hill put up a goose egg on the score board, you have to go back to Coach Vance's first year. In 2001 Liberty Hill lost to Wimberley 0-21 in route to a 5-5 season.

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
theres two? uh oh :devil:

Dude you're sig is even like mine..

LHexPlayer
08-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Dude you're sig is even like mine..

Hey Daddy D are you in Waco now. Playing ball?

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:41 AM
And Daddy B.. before we talk about the LH coaches. Let's talk about Coach Fitzhenry for Giddings..

I didn't know that throwing fades with 14 seconds left in the game up by 25 was the thing to do?

I guess I should expect nothing more from a complete loser like himself. Sorry to say that, it might get me in trouble, but the man has problems. Giddings is a great program, but their leader isn't the best..

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
No disrespect to LH, but I'm stoked about Giddings. They really looked good on both sides of the ball. I had a big ? about the offensive and defensive lines and they both performed tremendously. I agree, LH looked flat and a bit out of sync on the offense. I would say that if they can get past this, look forward and just work on their rhythm, they'll get going.

Our defense was able to get good penetration and maybe our coach has really drilled them on defending the Slot-T cuz they stuck to their man and didn't get razzle dazzled.

I would give a game ball to both of G'town's lines. O line and D line really impressed me. New QB did a great job. More snaps and he'll have the O running on all cylinders. Made a few mistakes but some were definitely caused by LH getting at and on him.

We had a good time tonight. LH stadium aint that bad (but we were overfilled on visitors side). Snack bars had decent food but the lines were way too long and slow. Needed more cashiers.

I kept my eye open for LHPM just to say hi but did not see her nor did I hear the cowbell. Thats what they need, more cowbell!!!

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Hey Daddy D are you in Waco now. Playing ball?

I'm in Waco going to Baylor now, but no ball for me. I'm on pace for graduating a year early and plan to go to law school so I kind of had to pick my poison. I'm loving my classes right now so it's all worked out great.

buff4life
08-29-2009, 12:47 AM
And Daddy B.. before we talk about the LH coaches. Let's talk about Coach Fitzhenry for Giddings..

I didn't know that throwing fades with 14 seconds left in the game up by 25 was the thing to do?

I guess I should expect nothing more from a complete loser like himself. Sorry to say that, it might get me in trouble, but the man has problems. Giddings is a great program, but their leader isn't the best..

Ok its the first game of the season these games are for practice for district and the playoffs...while wasn't a great idea, there is nothing wrong with it...get over it

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
No disrespect to LH, but I'm stoked about Giddings. They really looked good on both sides of the ball. I had a big ? about the offensive and defensive lines and they both performed tremendously. I agree, LH looked flat and a bit out of sync on the offense. I would say that if they can get past this, look forward and just work on their rhythm, they'll get going.

Our defense was able to get good penetration and maybe our coach has really drilled them on defending the Slot-T cuz they stuck to their man and didn't get razzle dazzled.

I would give a game ball to both of G'town's lines. O line and D line really impressed me. New QB did a great job. More snaps and he'll have the O running on all cylinders. Made a few mistakes but some were definitely caused by LH getting at and on him.

We had a good time tonight. LH stadium aint that bad (but we were overfilled on visitors side). Snack bars had decent food but the lines were way too long and slow. Needed more cashiers.

I kept my eye open for LHPM just to say hi but did not see her not did I hear the cowbell. Thats what they need, more cowbell!!!

Great post man:clap:
How was the LH crowd?

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Way to represent D25 Buffs! Giddings has the talent and the experience and it shows in this game. Looks like the Buffs are out in the lead in D25.

buff4life
08-29-2009, 12:48 AM
no bad blood i just figured there would be somethin said about it i didn't like it but i didn't feel it was really unsportsmanlike

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 12:50 AM
LH crowd was shellshocked and therefore subdued. I've sat with your fans more than a few times over the years and they are usually loud. Just not much to be loud about tonight.

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
Ok its the first game of the season these games are for practice for district and the playoffs...while was it a great idea, there is nothing wrong with it...get over it

Ohhhh, so Giddings practices fades every pre district game when up 25 in the fourth on the last drive? Ok.

When I heard that he did that, I instantly gathered that that loss in 2006 must still really hurt? Tell me, does it?

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 12:54 AM

Haha yeah tell me about it. Someones still not over the loss in '06. I guess that just goes to show what kind of a person he is.

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
no bad blood i just figured there would be somethin said about it i didn't like it but i didn't feel it was really unsportsmanlike

I really hope there isn't, because honestly even though you might hear different, there isn't any in LH towards Giddings. I personally don't care for your coach, but your kids are a great bunch and they're damn good. I didn't get to make the game, and you obviously did. So I didn't "see" the plays, but a fade on the second to last play? Really? When I got that text I was surprised, all the other about Giddings dominating did not surprise me one but, I knew coming in ya'll had the better club.

LHexPlayer
08-29-2009, 12:56 AM
I didn't think anything was wrong with what Fitzhenry did tonight? Liberty Hill has more problems than what play the opposing coach is calling late in a game. Congrats Giddings. You guys looked good real good. Of course you guys made some first game mistakes but nothing that bad and I don't see any reason why you won't challenge for a state championship like last year. That QB was a stud and really adds another dimension to your already potent offense. Good luck the rest of the way.

wimbo_pro
08-29-2009, 12:59 AM
i wonder if it confuses people that there's another daddy on the board? :thinking:

Who's your Daddy???

wimbo_pro
08-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
What's up wimbo_panther!:D

;)

Het Garcia!! How are ya, bud?

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
LH crowd was shellshocked and therefore subdued. I've sat with your fans more than a few times over the years and they are usually loud. Just not much to be loud about tonight.

Yeah, can't blame em. Giddings brought it. Y'all will benefit greatly from Region 4 again this year, sounds like Giddings is gonna make a real deep run.

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
I can't wait to watch Elgin vs. Buffs here on our homefield. I went to last years game there and we would've beat them 'cept their best play was for the defense to strip the ball about 5 minutes after a real referee would have whistled the play dead and then a bystander would pick it up and run it in for a TD or a long haul. This was apparently good enough to get them to the 4A playoffs. That was the worst officiated game ever on this side of Heaven...Yes, I want to beat them this year even more than I wanted to see the buffs get past LH.

wimbo_pro
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Hold on now Daddy11...lets not get off into discussing other coaches doing certain things late in a game that is already in the bag. It's best we just let this one lay as it is.

LHexPlayer
08-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Hold on now Daddy11...lets not get off into discussing other coaches doing certain things late in a game that is already in the bag. It's best we just let this one lay as it is.

funny

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 01:05 AM

But why? I'm your Daddy:D :devil:

wimbo_pro
08-29-2009, 01:07 AM
LOL!!!

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 01:10 AM
LOL!!!

I KNOW what yours would be:

"Vance left the starters in entirely too long against Wimberley tonight..the game was clearly outta hand and LH was stilllll just running the ball at will! He should pull them and put in the JV.."

You like?:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Yes, I admit, 2006 still hurts(but not quite as much now) but let me tell you, yes, we gripe about a few things our coach does but who doesn't. Surely somebody in your stands probably wishes LH would throw more than once or twice in a game.

What I like about our chances this year, is that, it looks like the ball is going to get spread around really well. And well, I like that.:) :) :)

Let me also say the Buffs dropped at least a few other deep passes that could've made it worse. I really just think it was just letting the new QB pad his stats. It may have been a bit unsportsmanlike but it could also be just letting the new QB air it out. I personnally would have put the 2nd string in the last qtr. Rest the A-team and don't get anyone else hurt. I can tell you LH wasn't hitting any less harder at the end as they were getting frustrated. I hope they can rebound. Good luck Panthers. We were licking our wounds this time last year.

Gotta say, I'm stoked and I love Texas 3A football!!!

buff4ever
08-29-2009, 01:39 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with what fitz was doing at the end of the game. I think that he prolly thought the timing and relationship with the new qb and receivers needs game time work. Especially since we haven't thrown much over the past 5 or so years.

Both teams had more first game hiccups than they did last year in the first game. But that is b/c of new line and qb for giddings and looks like a lot of new starters for LH.

LH fans, don't be quite so hard on your boys. I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT MAYBE GIDDINGS IS A TOP 10 TEAM, and that may have had something to do with it. I know you guys have a tough schedule over the next few weeks, but I would be willing to bet your boys grow and come together more and more with each game.

I personally hope that Giddings was part of why you looked out of sync tonite, and that we continue to grow together as well.

pirate4state
08-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Figured LH would lose, but didn't think they'd get shut out. Nice job Buffs!

Sorry, LHPM...I was still cheering you on & hoping I would be wrong. ;)

LH_Tuff
08-29-2009, 07:15 AM
It was hard to watch, but i cant say i didn't see it coming. Next week will be another interesting week if things don't change drastically for the Panthers...It's not just the "system" anymore, you have some leaders, and some playmakers out there on the field and there appears to be neither. The entire team was flat the whole game. I didnt see the team celebrate with each other or high five a player after a good play at all tonight. And it starts on the sidelines with the coaches. I didn't see them discussing anything with the players during the game to try and fix what was obviously broken or even show any enthusiasm towards the game (much like the game against Celina). It seems like to me, that when the goin gets tough, the coaches panic and lose all enthusiasm, which is the opposite of what you would think they need to do. All i can say is, things were ALOT different on the sidelines when we made our runs in '06 and '07...something seems to be missing.

Just my opinion after playing for the Panthers for 6 years and being a part of two state titles.

You may think you have a right to bash. But, you don't. I don't know what game you were at. Did you not see the offense hit the bench after each series and Draper in front of them with the whiteboard? The coaches were coaching, the players were trying. They just need to bring in the chemistry and they will be fine.

gtownfan
08-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I didn't see anything wrong with what fitz was doing at the end of the game. I think that he prolly thought the timing and relationship with the new qb and receivers needs game time work. Especially since we haven't thrown much over the past 5 or so years.

I would have like to see him just knell on it also at the end (or put the backup in). But the receivers do need more live practice. No one has stated it, but of all those passes thrown at the end (5 or 6), most of them were dropped. Only a short 3 yarder was completed and one should have been intercepted.

The guys need to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands!

No one mentioned our extra point attempts. Man we need some work there!

Good luck to LH the rest of the way!!

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Well, ya' know what they say. Sometimes your the windsheild, sometimes your the bug. Giddings is even better this year than last and LH is rebuilding. Good luck the rest of the way to both teams.

Tx Challenge
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
You may think you have a right to bash. But, you don't. I don't know what game you were at. Did you not see the offense hit the bench after each series and Draper in front of them with the whiteboard? The coaches were coaching, the players were trying. They just need to bring in the chemistry and they will be fine.

+1. Give Giddings credit. They are a team that I expect to go very deep again in the playoffs. We were playing a very talented team.

I never saw a play on either side of the ball that I felt anyone was not trying. It's early, we replaced 19 positions with new players from last year. We are a great team and we are going to win a lot of games this year.

BobcatBenny
08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Well ... even though I see the score ... I have a feeling that I am going to be stubborn all season.

I will probably pick the Panthers to win every week this season.

I expect them to win and it is going to take a season to condition me otherwise.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2009, 08:11 AM

It confused me when I read the above post. I was thinking, "I was talking to him during the game, he was getting texts and updating the board...of COURSE he didn't see any high fives or anything else!!!"

Glad to find out that I am NOT crazy!!
:D

ILS1
08-29-2009, 09:15 AM
I can't wait to watch Elgin vs. Buffs here on our homefield. I went to last years game there and we would've beat them 'cept their best play was for the defense to strip the ball about 5 minutes after a real referee would have whistled the play dead and then a bystander would pick it up and run it in for a TD or a long haul. This was apparently good enough to get them to the 4A playoffs. That was the worst officiated game ever on this side of Heaven...Yes, I want to beat them this year even more than I wanted to see the buffs get past LH.

Elgin is not very good. Should be an easy victory for the Buffs. I say Giddings by 4 TD's easily!!

:D :D

LH_Tuff
08-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well ... even though I see the score ... I have a feeling that I am going to be stubborn all season.

I will probably pick the Panthers to win every week this season.

I expect them to win and it is going to take a season to condition me otherwise.

Thanks Benny. Classy post. The Hill will be just fine by the time district rolls around. How many wrote off Celina last year after the first few games? sometimes it takes a few games to get the kinks out. ;)

LHdog
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
The Panthers looked a little small and slow last night. Maybe it was a superior opponent that caused that impression but I only saw one potential playoff team and it wasn't Liberty Hill. I think they are just talent shy this year. It happens.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I was at the Liberty Hill game where we got shut out 25-0. I think thats the right one?
But like i said, it was just my opinion.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
And i wouldnt say that i was bashing anyone. Im just saying what i saw.

BullsFan
08-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
No one mentioned our extra point attempts. Man we need some work there!

As any longtime Bridgeport fan can attest, lack of extra points can KILL you. We lost an OT playoff game by one point a few years ago based on missed PATs alone. Hope your coaches get to work on that asap.

Forgot to say, Congrats Buffs!! LH is a tough program, and even in a rebuilding year it would take something to beat them.

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Easy there. Just like you think the boys will be fine as the season rolls, maybe someone else thinks otherwise?

I know all of those kids out there pretty well and I know how hard they work, trust me. But since Vance got here 9 years ago I've made atleast 1 scrimmage every year. This year I made both, and I walked away from both very, very concerned. I've never walked away from a scrimmage with concerns..
And I told LHPM last week in the Giddings thread that by the time district comes around I think the boys will be better, but every other team in the district is going to be better also. As far as pre district goes, I told her it's gonna be ugly. And that's just my honest opinion.

I'm not knocking on the boys that are out there on the field, I have great family friends out there and I have great respect for much of the Coaching staff as well. But, like LHdog said (I think it was him/her) LH is just a little on the short end of the stick this year when it comes to talent. It's no biggie, it's no ones fault. It's not the coaches fault, or the parents or because the kids didn't work hard enough. Just like for the past 3 years LH was better than just about everyone when we stepped out on the field, maybe now we wont be? Maybe those teams are having the years that we had?

Talking to a very smart man I know from another town in the district:D He told me isn't it funny that talent for the most part runs in the 3 year cycles? And I believe that firmly. Just like it was our time in 06, 07 and in 08..it's going to be someone elses now.

So no one bash and no one get mad at your fellow Panther posters when all they're doing is saying how they feel. At the end of the year, we will all see who had the better grasp of what the years gonna be like. I will be hoping just like all of you that the Panthers make another magical run. NEVER, will I ever route against my team. But at the same time, I've never said anything on here I didn't believe would happen. Way back in 06 when I was promising LH victories...I BELIEVED IT. And sure enough, the boys almost always made me look good! So this year, in 09, if I feel the boys are gonna have a hard time, I'm going to say it because I respect everyone on the board and they don't deserve to hear me lie to them.

With that said, Wylie and Brownwood still suck:D

LH_Tuff
08-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Easy there. Just like you think the boys will be fine as the season rolls, maybe someone else thinks otherwise?

I know all of those kids out there pretty well and I know how hard they work, trust me. But since Vance got here 9 years ago I've made atleast 1 scrimmage every year. This year I made both, and I walked away from both very, very concerned. I've never walked away from a scrimmage with concerns..
And I told LHPM last week in the Giddings thread that by the time district comes around I think the boys will be better, but every other team in the district is going to be better also. As far as pre district goes, I told her it's gonna be ugly. And that's just my honest opinion.

I'm not knocking on the boys that are out there on the field, I have great family friends out there and I have great respect for much of the Coaching staff as well. But, like LHdog said (I think it was him/her) LH is just a little on the short end of the stick this year when it comes to talent. It's no biggie, it's no ones fault. It's not the coaches fault, or the parents or because the kids didn't work hard enough. Just like for the past 3 years LH was better than just about everyone when we stepped out on the field, maybe now we wont be? Maybe those teams are having the years that we had?

Talking to a very smart man I know from another town in the district:D He told me isn't it funny that talent for the most part runs in the 3 year cycles? And I believe that firmly. Just like it was our time in 06, 07 and in 08..it's going to be someone elses now.

So no one bash and no one get mad at your fellow Panther posters when all they're doing is saying how they feel. At the end of the year, we will all see who had the better grasp of what the years gonna be like. I will be hoping just like all of you that the Panthers make another magical run. NEVER, will I ever route against my team. But at the same time, I've never said anything on here I didn't believe would happen. Way back in 06 when I was promising LH victories...I BELIEVED IT. And sure enough, the boys almost always made me look good! So this year, in 09, if I feel the boys are gonna have a hard time, I'm going to say it because I respect everyone on the board and they don't deserve to hear me lie to them.

With that said, Wylie and Brownwood still suck:D

I agree. I do think this years team will have a tough year. However, what I will always take offense to is someone saying the coaches have lost their enthusiasm about the game or the team has no gumption. Give me a break. I have total respect for Vance and his coaches as well as the team. I will support them win or lose. I said about 2 months ago that this would be a tough year and I looked to next year for a return to prominence. These boys need some experience, which they will get this year.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I respect the LH coaches and i wasn't referring to Vance in my statement, it just seems to me that when things don't go their way, they panic and lose enthusiasm. It was that way last year when i PLAYED in the Celina game, and it appeared to be the exact same way as i watched them last night when things were not going how they would want them to. The "fire" that the staff and players used to have when good things did happen just wasnt there last night. For example, i saw Derek Bates make a great defensive play and stop the Giddings RB for a loss and he jumped up to celebrate, and not one Panther teammate was there to celebrate with him or to congradulate him. That is what i am referring to when i talk about enthusiasm. And it has been like that throughout all of the scimmages and was that way all last night. Where are our leaders? Someone needs to step up and be the player everyone turns to when things don't go as planned or when someone needs help. We use the phrase "hold the rope", well im sorry but nobody is holding the rope.

Anyway, i hope the team starts to gel and that things start to go better for the panthers.

KONGZILLA
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I really hope there isn't, because honestly even though you might hear different, there isn't any in LH towards Giddings. I personally don't care for your coach, but your kids are a great bunch and they're damn good. I didn't get to make the game, and you obviously did. So I didn't "see" the plays, but a fade on the second to last play? Really? When I got that text I was surprised, all the other about Giddings dominating did not surprise me one but, I knew coming in ya'll had the better club.

couple of years ago somebody had gatesville down 70-6 in the playoffs, and starters were in and points were scored in the 4th................SO JUST DEAL WITH IT. BETTER GET YOUR GUN SIGHTS ON ABILENE WYLIE, BECAUSE THEY GOT THIERS ON YOU!

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA
couple of years ago somebody had gatesville down 70-6 in the playoffs, and starters were in and points were scored in the 4th................SO JUST DEAL WITH IT. BETTER GET YOUR GUN SIGHTS ON ABILENE WYLIE, BECAUSE THEY GOT THIERS ON YOU!

I had forgotten about that...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 03:39 PM

First of all, it was in week 3-4, not the playoffs you genius. And were you there? Because I was, and the starters were NOT in. We had DB's playing tailback and they were still scoring. And in case you're as "smart" as I think you are, I'll go ahead and tell you that LH runs the ball. So in the fourth quarter what do you expect us to do? Slide in open space every time we broke a run? Or maybe we should just pass? No, I think we will just try to run it up the middle and run the clock out..but, if someone can't tackle..then well we just might run it into the endzone. Considering it was those kids only carries and TD's of the year, I don't find that running the score up.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 03:50 PM
It wasnt in playoffs it was in pre-district but yes i guess the Panthers have been guilty of that a few times too. However, there is a difference between that and what was going on last night. When we were ahead in those games we ran the ball trying to run the clock down and they just couldn't stop it. We didn't try and pad our QB's passing stats. Last night, you guys apparently werent trying to run down the clock, you were trying to rub it in our faces by throwing fades as the game came to a conclusion. Were not bashing your players or you as fans, were questioning the sportsmanship of your coach who apparently isnt over what happened back in '06. He was quoted in the paper calling us "archrivals". Hmm...thats not the way we feel about you guys here in LH. But hopefully he feels alittle better after last night.

On a lighter note, good luck buffs you guys have a great team and will go a long way this year.

1st and goal
08-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Not to start a war, but I need to dig up a list of LH scores from the last 4 years and let me decide if there was any late scoring which would show poor sportsmanship? Isn't there a team over near Canyon Lake having a bit of a tough go getting going?

What I'm trying to say is that LH's 2006-2008 powerful run offense is just as, if not more powerful than a Giddings fade route.

And I know that we've run up the score too before. I remember beating a very beat down Smithville team a couple of years ago by over 60 points. Their coach made them stand in a line along the sidelines (in their stadium) with their helmets off after the game respecting Giddings. I was affected by it, with a bit of sympathy. Our run offense was quite powerful that year and it was just the outcome of a really good team playing a really poor team. But I really respected Smithville's coach and players for what they did after the game.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Not to start a war, but I need to dig up a list of LH scores from the last 4 years and let me decide if there was any late scoring which would show poor sportsmanship? Isn't there a team over near Canyon Lake having a bit of a tough go getting going?

What I'm trying to say is that LH's 2006-2008 powerful run offense is just as, if not more powerful than a Giddings fade route.

And I know that we've run up the score too before. I remember beating a very beat down Smithville team a couple of years ago by over 60 points. Their coach made them stand in a line along the sidelines (in their stadium) with their helmets off after the game respecting Giddings. I was affected by it, with a bit of sympathy. Our run offense was quite powerful that year and it was just the outcome of a really good team playing a really poor team. But I really respected Smithville's coach and players for what they did after the game.

If your going to bring up the Canyon Lake game i might as well add that the starters didnt see the field in the second half on either side of the ball. It was like this in pretty much all of our blowout games. It usually didn't take place until late in the 3rd quarter but we never left our 1st team in when we knew the game was sewn up. You know just as well as we do that it was very obvious what Fitzhenry was trying to do last night.

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I've seen this sort of thing before. In the Giddings program of 2002 I believe they went through two coaches in so many years after a rebuilding and disappointing season. In La Grange it happened in 2004 resulting in the end of the Valastro era. It has happened in Sealy after TJ Mills and Columbus in the late 90s. Don't even get me started on poor Smithville since 1999. Fans can be fickle. They just love you to death when you are a big winner but lose a few too many games and some turn on you like a rattler. I hate to see it at LH but I think it might be happening. The true blue LH fans will stand tall despite some losses. And dang, the season is just beginning give it some time.

Rocket
08-29-2009, 06:42 PM
He was quoted in the paper calling us "archrivals". Hmm...thats not the way we feel about you guys here in LH. But hopefully he feels alittle better after last night.

This is what happens... every team becomes your archrival when you have success. Stephenville used to look at us that way back in the day, and we just smirked at them, until they started hanging with us and beating us. It was a one way rivalry. LH has a target on them.

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL. You make a valid point.

KONGZILLA
08-29-2009, 07:26 PM
First of all, it was in week 3-4, not the playoffs you genius. And were you there? Because I was, and the starters were NOT in. We had DB's playing tailback and they were still scoring. And in case you're as "smart" as I think you are, I'll go ahead and tell you that LH runs the ball. So in the fourth quarter what do you expect us to do? Slide in open space every time we broke a run? Or maybe we should just pass? No, I think we will just try to run it up the middle and run the clock out..but, if someone can't tackle..then well we just might run it into the endzone. Considering it was those kids only carries and TD's of the year, I don't find that running the score up.

if you canot cover the pass we might score, same as running up the middle GENIUS ...........well we might score, but remember our qb/rb's allready had 325+ yards by that time, weh had only completed a couple of passes, i think we were trying not to score by not running anymore

who cares anyway, did not start the crying game, somebody else was blah blah on here about some passes at the buzzes, was 25-0, not like it was 55-0

Daddy B 12
08-29-2009, 07:42 PM
if you canot cover the pass we might score, same as running up the middle GENIUS ...........well we might score, but remember our qb/rb's allready had 325+ yards by that time, weh had only completed a couple of passes, i think we were trying not to score by not running anymore

who cares anyway, did not start the crying game, somebody else was blah blah on here about some passes at the buzzes, was 25-0, not like it was 55-0

Well idk if you know this, but you run the ball at the end of the game when you are ahead in order to run the clock down because when you run, the clock keeps running. When you pass however, if the pass is incomplete then the clock stops. Your post was completely irrelevent to anything he said..GENIUS.

Additup
08-29-2009, 08:36 PM
No dog in fight but, 25-0 ain't running up a score...
Giddings is loaded. LH is young and the talent level is down for the next few years, but they'll keep working.

In a REAL blowout the team getting beat has a responsibility to prevent the blowout, too...I hate seeing a LOSING team throw 3 incomplete passes (taking only 14 seconds off of the game clock) and then complain about the leading team running up the score. When I see that, I never mind the team leading throwing it all they want.

Rocket
08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Well idk if you know this, but you run the ball at the end of the game when you are ahead in order to run the clock down because when you run, the clock keeps running. When you pass however, if the pass is incomplete then the clock stops. Your post was completely irrelevent to anything he said..GENIUS.

Actually, a coach can do what he likes with the risk of having it done to him later on. You will reap what you sow. Also, remember that Liberty Hill's potent offense over the last 3 years has yielded some spankings so it doesn't really matter if LH meant to run up the score or not, teams are going to make them pay this year. That goes with the territory of being a winner.

Football is fun when your team is rolling. But when the role's are reversed? NOT SO FUN. Just grin and bear it. Better times are ahead for LH, I hope.

LHexPlayer
08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Actually, a coach can do what he likes with the risk of having it done to him later on. You will reap what you sow. Also, remember that Liberty Hill's potent offense over the last 3 years has yielded some spankings so it doesn't really matter if LH meant to run up the score or not, teams are going to make them pay this year. That goes with the territory of being a winner.

Football is fun when your team is rolling. But when the role's are reversed? NOT SO FUN. Just grin and bear it. Better times are ahead for LH, I hope.

OH God! Now we are being consoled by Brownwood fans. What has happened? Dang what a difference a year makes.

Rocket
08-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
OH God! Now we are being consoled by Brownwood fans. What has happened? Dang what a difference a year makes.
Yeah, we had a tough time last year, and even with our tough schedule, never laid an egg. You guys might be the mother goose of the Region before it's all over. QUACK QUACK.

You guys are new winners. With winning, eventually comes losing. Your fan base has a lot to learn. Unless you schedule cupcakes like Celina, then you get to win all the time.

LH_Tuff
08-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Giddings only scored 25 this year. That is less than last year. :p

LE Dad
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, we had a tough time last year, and even with our tough schedule, never laid an egg. You guys might be the mother goose of the Region before it's all over. QUACK QUACK.

You guys are new winners. With winning, eventually comes losing. Your fan base has a lot to learn. Unless you schedule cupcakes like Celina, then you get to win all the time. :stirpot: Rocket being Rocket this is gonna be fun :1popcorn:

KONGZILLA
08-30-2009, 04:58 AM
Pirate Leach put it best(don't remember exactly but.....went like this "You only have a certain amount of snaps a game and a SEASON. You must get the most out of them, makes no sense to train for months and years and waste time on the clock, ESPECIALLY IN EARLY SEASON. I cannot justify to my players and coaches runing out the clock when I have things we need to work on to work on to make us a championship football team. And young me who train hours a day and may not have had a snap yet!! how do you justify that?

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Lots of quotes I could make, but I'll just leave them alone. I see the "blame game" is still happening, though, just like Celina, but at least it's just on here and the blame isn't being said to teammates' faces in the middle of the game! :rolleyes: (And you should know who I'm talking about!) We had TWO returning starters on the field Friday night, yet you would think we're supposed to be in state championship form. :doh: I remember the "poor pitiful Panthers, they lost too much" posts from early last year. I said then that the team, of which one of you was a member of, would be fine & needed to make their own statement.

I saw many promising things from our 2009 TEAM Friday night. They have NO quit in them and never gave up. Isn't that a good part of the meaning of "hold the rope"? It's easy enough to "hold the rope" during wins, isn't it?

The 2009 Panthers will be fine, when all is said and done. Face it - they have some HUGE shoes to fill and I have no doubt that the coaching staff will have them ready when it really counts. (And as a reminder to "some" of you, it's only been two years that we've actually had the size that made us look "huge" against other teams.)

Congrats to Giddings - you had our number in a big way Friday. Just don't expect the same outcome should we meet again. ;)

And if one of you works with me - BOO on you talking smack to me at work Friday morning. :p

LH_Tuff
08-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Lots of quotes I could make, but I'll just leave them alone. I see the "blame game" is still happening, though, just like Celina, but at least it's just on here and the blame isn't being said to teammates' faces in the middle of the game! :rolleyes: (And you should know who I'm talking about!) We had TWO returning starters on the field Friday night, yet you would think we're supposed to be in state championship form. :doh: I remember the "poor pitiful Panthers, they lost too much" posts from early last year. I said then that the team, of which one of you was a member of, would be fine & needed to make their own statement.

I saw many promising things from our 2009 TEAM Friday night. They have NO quit in them and never gave up. Isn't that a good part of the meaning of "hold the rope"? It's easy enough to "hold the rope" during wins, isn't it?

The 2009 Panthers will be fine, when all is said and done. Face it - they have some HUGE shoes to fill and I have no doubt that the coaching staff will have them ready when it really counts. (And as a reminder to "some" of you, it's only been two years that we've actually had the size that made us look "huge" against other teams.)

Congrats to Giddings - you had our number in a big way Friday. Just don't expect the same outcome should we meet again. ;)

And if one of you works with me - BOO on you talking smack to me at work Friday morning. :p :thumbsup:

Rocket
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Giddings only scored 25 this year. That is less than last year. :p

I heard Giddings got beat by Burnet in the scrimmage. Isn't Giddings down as well compared to last season?

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 01:45 PM
I heard Giddings got beat by Burnet in the scrimmage. Isn't Giddings down as well compared to last season? :doh: Got beat in a scrimmage ?:smoker: LOL

I am sure that will diminish some playoff hopes:rolleyes:

LHexPlayer
08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
I heard Giddings got beat by Burnet in the scrimmage. Isn't Giddings down as well compared to last season?

Ummm NO!

OldBison75
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
This whole argument is crazy. Giddings appears to have been running thier offense and there is nothing wrong with that. I would think that with less than a minute left, a fade would be kinda crazy if you were leading by 25, but I also know that the coach probably wants to use his playbook as much as possible.

As far as LH is concerned, they have a lot of new people in the games and it will take some time to gel. The big thing to remember is that they will not give up and I bet that even though they may lose a couple more games before district, they will be much better sooner than later. I said last week that I thought Giddings would probably win, but they would also wake a sleeping giant that would be a factor later on in the year.
My opinion has NOT changed.

I bet LH might lose two or three before the new winning streak starts, but they will win more than they lose before the year ends.

OldBison75
08-30-2009, 04:43 PM
By the way, LH just plain drubbed my Rattlers in the playoffs two years ago and scored late on a running play and could have scored again in the last minute. They ran thier offense on the first and took a knee at the end. I saw that as a classy move by the coaching staff at LH and my respect for them remains today.

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

:p

Tell them LHPM - one loss the first game and all bring the hearse. I have no doubt LH will be fine...when all said and done.

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Tell them LHPM - one loss the first game and all bring the hearse. I have no doubt LH will be fine...when all said and done.

Just going off what some LH fans have told me. You are right. It will all play out. That is why they play the games.

Rocket
08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:doh: Got beat in a scrimmage ?:smoker: LOL

I am sure that will diminish some playoff hopes:rolleyes:

Oh yeah... the scrimmages don't matter theory. LOL ignorant.

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah... the scrimmages don't matter theory. LOL ignorant. :rolleyes: On the contrary scrimmages are very important. Great tool for evaluating players, judging depth, moving players around. Lots of things. But they are not about winning and losing . Duh :doh:

BOCEPHUS
08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
SUM PAST LIBERTIEE HILL SCOREZZZZ

56- SMITHVILLE 6
56- FLORENCE 14
63-MARION 6

75- CEDAR HILL JV -0
70- BANDERA-13
65- INGRAM- 20
60- MARION -8

69- MANOR-16
55- BRADY-7
63- LLANO- 14
62- LYTLE- 7

84-- GATESVILLE 10
56- TAYLOR-10

70- GATESVILLE-16
52- HUTTO-7
52- TAYLOR- 7
63- CAMERON -14

64- INGRAM- 0
56- CANYON LAKE-0

GIDDINGS- 25
LINERTY HILL- 0

YOU FELLARS BE A KILL'N ME,...........MAN WORK ON HIS MINUTE HURRY UP OFFENSE FOR A MINUTE ADN UZE KNOT HEADS TRY TO MAKE SUMP'EN OUTTA IT
2 BY GAWD SEMI-NALIST MEET IN WEEK 0, IMPOSSIBLE FER ANYBODY TO RUN UP SCORE

LE Dad
08-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
SUM PAST LIBERTIEE HILL SCOREZZZZ

56- SMITHVILLE 6
56- FLORENCE 14
63-MARION 6

75- CEDAR HILL JV -0
70- BANDERA-13
65- INGRAM- 20
60- MARION -8

69- MANOR-16
55- BRADY-7
63- LLANO- 14
62- LYTLE- 7

84-- GATESVILLE 10
56- TAYLOR-10

70- GATESVILLE-16
52- HUTTO-7
52- TAYLOR- 7
63- CAMERON -14

64- INGRAM- 0
56- CANYON LAKE-0

GIDDINGS- 25
LINERTY HILL- 0

YOU FELLARS BE A KILL'N ME,...........MAN WORK ON HIS MINUTE HURRY UP OFFENSE FOR A MINUTE ADN UZE KNOT HEADS TRY TO MAKE SUMP'EN OUTTA IT
2 BY GAWD SEMI-NALIST MEET IN WEEK 0, IMPOSSIBLE FER ANYBODY TO RUN UP SCORE Huh:confused:

wimbo_pro
09-01-2009, 07:59 AM
If your going to bring up the Canyon Lake game i might as well add that the starters didnt see the field in the second half on either side of the ball. It was like this in pretty much all of our blowout games. It usually didn't take place until late in the 3rd quarter but we never left our 1st team in when we knew the game was sewn up. You know just as well as we do that it was very obvious what Fitzhenry was trying to do last night.

Oh sheesh...puulllleeezzzze!!!

Let's not open this old can of worms. LH proved themselves to me (last year anyways) to be a class act when beating up badly on other teams, lets not go further back than that. This would get ugly.

With that said, LH will probably have a winning season this year. As usual, they chose to have a very hard pre-district season, a credit to their coaches for not shying away from the tough fight. Their district should be relatively easy for them, except for 1 or 2 games (us being one of them, I hope!). Playoffs??? probably.

KONGZILLA
09-01-2009, 08:42 AM
whats the diff between 25-0 or 32-0 if you cannot cover the fade route. just a number. does not change that it is loss and shutout.

LH_Tuff
09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
whats the diff between 25-0 or 32-0 if you cannot cover the fade route. just a number. does not change that it is loss and shutout.

Well, let's see. The difference is the clock stopped on all those incomplete fade passes. The outcome was decided. Just let the clock run and get to the locker room.

Good game by Giddings. Good luck the rest of the season. You have some serious talent on both sides of the ball.

Keystonepride
09-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Running up the score is equivalent to playing your best football.

I have witnessed LH run the same plays that have worked over and over in the 4th quarter of a many games that were well in hand. I had no problem with their play calling. Why not take a knee? Oh because you want to get some work in for your younger guys? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

I have no problem with running fade routes up by 3 scores, THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. These are pre-district games and the PERFECT time to work on your entire playbook.

anybody that is getting their feelings hurt by a few fade routes is mad about something else other then playing football to the final whistle.

LH_Tuff
09-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Keystonepride

Oh because you want to get some work in for your younger guys? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

I am all for getting some work in for the younger guys. In this regard I totally agree with you. I will leave it at that.

On to this week. ;)

44INAROW
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
On to this week - closing the thread now