PDA

View Full Version : Cans, clappers and other noise makers...

Gobbla2001
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
What kinda noise makers (besides horns or somethin') do you use???

We have Turkey-Calls and a few clappers... My senior year I was sent an 'official' Stephenville can made in Stephenville, Texas... Just had Cuero stuff on it...

They caught on, but didn't come back the next year, now I've noticed people are starting to bring some... Gunna get some spray paint later and make me another one cuz I dunno where my 'official' one went...

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 05:14 PM
we have propane bottles full of something that makes a lot of noise...I'm sure Jimmy could explain it all

lepfan
10-15-2003, 05:31 PM
My mouth...no need for others. But, I do have some of those clappers in my closet...I pull them out occasionally... :D

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Cow bell & my voice - not sure which is louder.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Clapper in one hand and megaphone in the other.

LHMom
10-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Cowbells!

clydewr35
10-16-2003, 01:37 PM
noise makers are not allowed in our district

JasperDog94
10-16-2003, 01:39 PM
LHMom:
Cowbells!Ditto!

RAIDER96
10-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Hey Gobbla describe the can, don't think I've seen one. We use cow bells and stomping feet!

CatWoman
10-16-2003, 01:46 PM
clydewr35:
noise makers are not allowed in our districtI know and Ballinger's Booster Club had some really cute little football helmets that you shook for a fund raiser and now we can't use them at the games!!

Ranger Mom
10-16-2003, 01:52 PM
CatWoman:

clydewr35:
noise makers are not allowed in our districtI know and Ballinger's Booster Club had some really cute little football helmets that you shook for a fund raiser and now we can't use them at the games!!Really???? Who decided that?? That's not a UIL rule, is it?

I have one of those little helmets too, a clapper, pompoms, megaphone....the only problem is, I don't have enough hands to use them all.
The clapper is my favorite though.

I was at church Sunday and someone sang and we applauded at the end....it felt so strange using my hands to clap!!

CatWoman
10-16-2003, 02:06 PM
It's not UIL. The administrators from all the teams in our district voted on this. No megaphones in the stands either. It's a district by district decision.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Oh....so that explains why we didn't hear the "magaphone men" at the Greenwood/Ballinger game this year!! J/K!!

Does this rule just apply during your district games??

CatWoman
10-16-2003, 02:11 PM
LOL on the megaphone men. They were disappointed by the decision to say the least!! I'm not sure, but I think once playoffs start, the district decision no longer applies.

SintonFan
10-16-2003, 02:14 PM
crzyjournalist03:
we have propane bottles full of something that makes a lot of noise...I'm sure Jimmy could explain it allJust make sure they are new bottles or you could be in for a world of hurt.

olddawggreen
10-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Ranger Mom:

CatWoman:

clydewr35:
noise makers are not allowed in our districtI know and Ballinger's Booster Club had some really cute little football helmets that you shook for a fund raiser and now we can't use them at the games!!Really???? Who decided that?? That's not a UIL rule, is it?

I have one of those little helmets too, a clapper, pompoms, megaphone....the only problem is, I don't have enough hands to use them all.
The clapper is my favorite though.

I was at church Sunday and someone sang and we applauded at the end....it felt so strange using my hands to clap!!I understood that air horns were against UIL rules?????

RAIDER96
10-16-2003, 04:46 PM
So ' anybody............Whats a can?

White&Crimson
10-16-2003, 05:27 PM
On a related note, at my graduation at UT there were a couple people blowing airhorns in the stands when some people were walking across the stage. I heard security was taking them up after the first couple times. There was also one girl who had someone ringing a cowbell for her...at this point I was very thankful that my family hadn't thought of doing that!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
RAIDER96:
So ' anybody............Whats a can?I may be wrong, but it could be a recycled can with beans or gravel in it & recovered on the end. When my 2003 graduate started 7th grade ball, we put gravel in milk jugs. :) It was sure nice to move up in the world to cowbells, when he got in high school.

BrainDamage
10-16-2003, 08:43 PM
The best one I've had was a flat metal piece with a wooden stake to beat it. It made a really loud noise.

BrahmaMom
10-16-2003, 09:46 PM
Some Brahma moms in the past have had, what else for Brahmas, cow bells. I am fairly loud without a noisemaker, so have retired my cow bell for now, till the next son plays high school ball.

fb_gurl
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
crzyjournalist03:
we have propane bottles full of something that makes a lot of noise...I'm sure Jimmy could explain it allWe have the same (or atleast the football players parents do.) We have a parent that sits in the endzone and blows on a horn when ever anything good happens.

Tiger Turtle
10-17-2003, 06:35 AM
During the 4-peat championship run, Sealy fans took 20-ounce Coke bottles (plastic, no glass containers allowed in the stadiumn) and put in a penny for each game in the winning streak (63 -1) and shook them. Most painted them black and gold. We also had clappers and cowbells (never figured out what bells had to do with Tigers, but they were fun). Nowadays, not much noise of any kind except when the game gets close or a big play comes up. Maybe things will pick up in the playoffs.

HornetMom
10-17-2003, 06:45 AM
fb_gurl:

crzyjournalist03:
we have propane bottles full of something that makes a lot of noise...I'm sure Jimmy could explain it allWe have the same (or atleast the football players parents do.) We have a parent that sits in the endzone and blows on a horn when ever anything good happens.But the air horn in not allowed during district games.