PDA

View Full Version : In Dash CD Changer

Blackcat1954
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Bought a 2009 Honda Civic about 3 months ago

Stereo with one disc in dash changer is terrible quality

I had a 2004 Honda Accord with AM, FM, XM and 6 CD in dash changer

I've checked Honda Dealer in Rosenberg and they don't make the 6 CD in dash for our model

Checked all around the internet they only have 6-8 CD changer that you put in trunk

There has to be some company out there who makes 6CD in dash changer.

Any suggestions
Thanks

big daddy russ
08-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Nakamichi.

Alpine used to, don't know if they still do. The Naks are much, much better quality, but they also run much, much more than the Alpines. Alpines are also more likely to have other features, such as an IPod hookup, bluetooth, satellite radio, etc.

I haven't kept up with it in a while, but I want to say the Alpines ran about $600 and the Naks ran upward of $1000. You can probably find either on Ebay or any car stereo forum under the classified section for much less.

Good luck.

big daddy russ
08-29-2009, 03:26 AM
PS: If you're not looking to spend that much money, there are ways around it. You can find an IPod at a pawn shop for $50 that will hold every song you own and then pick up a cheaper headunit for around $200.

But if you're looking for better sound quality than an IPod can give you, the Nak and Alpine are the only two in-dash options I know of.

Also, I can't remember if the Nak has an internal amp, so you may want to check that out. If it doesn't, you'll have to buy your own to power the system.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Have you tried crutchfield.com?