PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Game Impressions

Bullaholic
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Looks like Van, Celina and Navasota are off to great starts. I think all 3 will be a factor in the playoffs. I continue to be impressed with the Celina "D". I think they will have one of the lowest "PA" stats in 3A this season.

Bull's-eye
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Navasota will be a major player in the playoffs.

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Looks like Van, Celina and Navasota are off to great starts. I think all 3 will be a factor in the playoffs. I continue to be impressed with the Celina "D". I think they will have one of the lowest "PA" stats in 3A this season. Didn't you get the memo? Celina didn't play ANYBODY! GAH :p

Bullaholic
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Didn't you get the memo? Celina didn't play ANYBODY! GAH :p

LMAO!---Troublemaker. :D

I am hoping and praying that Celina and Gilmer will end up in the same Division for the playoffs. This Celina "D" vs the Gilmer "O" would be a match made in heaven for fans. Long ways to go, however---many "cupcakes" to overcome for the Bobcats. :D

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 11:50 AM
LMAO!---Troublemaker. :D

I am hoping and praying that Celina and Gilmer will end up in the same Division for the playoffs. This Celina "D" vs the Gilmer "O" would be a match made in heaven for fans. Long ways to go, however---many "cupcakes" to overcome for the Bobcats. :D

Celina vs Gilmer would be SWEET! I'm thinking Gilmer is going DI this year, but I hope I'm wrong....for once! :D

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Didn't you get the memo? Celina didn't play ANYBODY! GAH :p Lol. Nice. If we could just have the UIL cancel all of Celina's win's for the rest of this season due to the fact that their backups got a little PT.

d0tc0m
08-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Celina's offense left a lot to be desired for me. They did not play that well against a cupcake of a team. But it's early, and I guess I shouldn't be upset that we didn't post 50 on em. Celina - Gilmer would be awesome, and EXTREMELY tough for the bobcats. That's 4 months of hardwork away though, so we'll see. Good luck to all teams playing tonight!

icu812
08-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Looks like Van, Celina and Navasota are off to great starts. I think all 3 will be a factor in the playoffs. I continue to be impressed with the Celina "D". I think they will have one of the lowest "PA" stats in 3A this season.

I think Van's O will be better this year and it showed last night. Six different players with TD's. Defense remains to be seen. They should be as good as last year (which was I think around 7th best in the state) but Grand Saline wasn't much of a test. GS's points came after two personal fouls moved the ball to the 20 and they also scored on the last play of the game. We will know more after Rusk comes to town next week.

Very impressive win for Navasota. I didn't expect a blow out like that.

MN95
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
My prediction for our Celina team this year was that the D would carry us early while the O jelled with all of the new pieces in place. That is what I saw last night. 3 turnover's and a couple of key penalties kept us from 2-3 more touchdowns. Hopefully we will see improvement week to week.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Celina's offense left a lot to be desired for me. They did not play that well against a cupcake of a team. But it's early, and I guess I shouldn't be upset that we didn't post 50 on em. Celina - Gilmer would be awesome, and EXTREMELY tough for the bobcats. That's 4 months of hardwork away though, so we'll see. Good luck to all teams playing tonight!

I wonder if Daingerfeilds 2009 defense is as good as Ferris's?

waterboy
08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Hard to tell right now, but I'd say it is definitely as good or better. Daingerfield's offense will be better, too. I'm pretty sure Daingerfield will go a LONG ways in the playoffs in 2A, maybe even repeat as state champs.

MN95
08-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

I think most would agree DF's defense and offense will be WAY better than Ferris. Obviously, you think that also. What's your point?

d0tc0m
08-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't doubt for a second that Daingerfield's defense will be better than Ferris. I know that their offense will be better, but I think our D looked really good, and will be up to the challenge again. The offense didn't look terrible, just not quite what I expected, but I think i had too high of expectations. We are very young on the offensive side of the ball, and it'll take a while. Cody and Jose will set a good example for the younger ones. Still ironing out the creases, it's just week 0!