PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 47, Henderson 0 Final

navscanmaster
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
I was not expecting this one at all. I was pleasantly surprised with the emergence of Tevin Creeks (#17) and the fire on the defensive side of the ball. A few key stats for all:

Kye Hildreth 221 passing, 98 rushing (4/1 TDs, 0 INT)
Tevin Creeks 162 receiving, 3 TDs.

Several running backs carried the ball, #8 Antoine Burrell started and had the majority of the carries, while #9 Kesnick Jones ventured over from LB for two carries, one being a 49 yard TD run breaking two tackles, and the third stringer #29 Arrington? even looked good, grabbing a 20+ yard TD run after getting two first downs by himself. Hildreth ran a lot of shotgun option keepers, but after the long TD run, they were spying him. Tevin Creeks has a great set of hands and good hops. Two of his catches were very athletic catches with good coverage. Sweed and Taylor had one catch each. We got to see Ian Day at QB in the 4th, although we weren't throwing the ball then.
The defense was at times a little overmatched, since Henderson's line was very tall and large. The secondary played terrific coverage, and EVERYBODY on the defense ran up and lowered their pads to FINISH their tackles, something that has been lacking for a long time in Navasota. Henderson only had a couple of decent runs, but none more than 15 or so yards. I think they might have finished up with 8 or 9 total first downs, but I am not sure they broke 100 yards total offense.
People, including myself, forgot in all the talk about no more Pratt and company that this year's team is heavily laden with seniors. They have been playing and winning for most of their careers. Next year will be tough, but for now, this senior class looks quite special.

navscanmaster
08-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Mods, you can merge this thread with the one started by HEMOTOXIC. I did not notice it at first.

navscanmaster
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
According to the Eagle, Henderson managed 147 yards of total offense on 10 first downs. Great way to start the year Rattler D!!!

HEMOTOXIC
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by navscanmaster
According to the Eagle, Henderson managed 147 yards of total offense on 10 first downs. Great way to start the year Rattler D!!! [/

QUOTE] :clap:

ronwx5x
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I was not expecting this one at all. I was pleasantly surprised with the emergence of Tevin Creeks (#17) and the fire on the defensive side of the ball. A few key stats for all:

Kye Hildreth 221 passing, 98 rushing (4/1 TDs, 0 INT)
Tevin Creeks 162 receiving, 3 TDs.

Several running backs carried the ball, #8 Antoine Burrell started and had the majority of the carries, while #9 Kesnick Jones ventured over from LB for two carries, one being a 49 yard TD run breaking two tackles, and the third stringer #29 Arrington? even looked good, grabbing a 20+ yard TD run after getting two first downs by himself. Hildreth ran a lot of shotgun option keepers, but after the long TD run, they were spying him. Tevin Creeks has a great set of hands and good hops. Two of his catches were very athletic catches with good coverage. Sweed and Taylor had one catch each. We got to see Ian Day at QB in the 4th, although we weren't throwing the ball then.
The defense was at times a little overmatched, since Henderson's line was very tall and large. The secondary played terrific coverage, and EVERYBODY on the defense ran up and lowered their pads to FINISH their tackles, something that has been lacking for a long time in Navasota. Henderson only had a couple of decent runs, but none more than 15 or so yards. I think they might have finished up with 8 or 9 total first downs, but I am not sure they broke 100 yards total offense.
People, including myself, forgot in all the talk about no more Pratt and company that this year's team is heavily laden with seniors. They have been playing and winning for most of their careers. Next year will be tough, but for now, this senior class looks quite special.
Good observations, but I doubt the defense was "at times a little overmatched" with a acore of 47 - 0! I know, you're trying to be nice.:D