PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech - A great chess university.

Phil C
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
First a little history about the Hungarian born Polgar sisters. Their father Laszlo Polgar is a Hungarian Chess Teacher and plays good chess and his wife is a school teacher. They had three daughters Susan born in 1969, Sofia born in 1974 and Judit born in 1976. The girls were home schooled and taught chess. They are all three part of the greatest chess players in the world. In addition they all have college degrees and can speak several languages. The youngest one, Judit, is the best chess player of the three and has had success playing men as well as women. She lives in Hungary and is married to a vetenarian.
Sophia is also a great chess player and she and her husband live in Canada working as a chess teacher and artist.
The oldest, Susan, is also a great chess player and at one time was considered the second best woman chess player in the world after Judit. She lives in Lubbock, Texas with her husband.

Now the great part. Susan is a chess writer and is the head of the Susan Polgar Institute for Chess Excellence at Texas Tech University. They have had several great tournaments. This is great news isn't it. I will be going to a conference in October 2011 at Lubbock and I hope I can visit the institute and maybe get Susan to autograph one of her books for me. Thrilling news indeed.

More Chess Information coming soon!

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Brilliant!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SWMustang
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Searching for Bobby Fisher was a great movie. That's all I'm capable of adding to this thread.