PDA

View Full Version : Turf or Grass

SHSBulldog00
08-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Does your team have a Turf or Grass Field?

Pic's are welcomed

cshscougar08
08-27-2009, 11:38 AM
We have turf now in CS. Should be completed by now. I left for school when it wasn't quite through.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Turf!

LE Dad
08-27-2009, 12:01 PM
:( :( Still stuck with an obsolete Grass field. Stadium built in 1970's. Wish school board would get that situation corrected. They keep putting band aids on a dead horse. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
we KINDA have grass..well it is a scientific formula of 2 part crabgrass, 1 part dirt and 1 part rocks

firstdown
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
It's Turf in Argyle

crzyjournalist03
08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
all these turf fields that schools have these days are probably contributing to global warming. Turf doesn't reduce CO2 like grass does.

Just sayin...;)

jason
08-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
all these turf fields that schools have these days are probably contributing to global warming. Turf doesn't reduce CO2 like grass does.

Just sayin...;) but you don't have to water (as often) or mow like you do with regular grass so it all evens out in the long run....

:D :D

waterboy
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
FieldTurf, like they have in most of the pro football stadiums.:)

Pick6
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Natural grass is the way to go. Fake stuff stinks, well, unless it's fake stuff on women...lol

Bone Pile
08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by jason
but you don't have to water (as often) or mow like you do with regular grass so it all evens out in the long run....

:D :D

Pros:keeps same color(for a while) then starts to fade
consistancy throughout the field(if installed correctly)
always looks the same(until it starts to wear and fade)

Cons: needs sweeping after each activity(extra equipment for this) sweeper, broom and groomer
houses bacteria big time(blood,spit,sweat,puke etc.)needs washing to get rid of this(extra equipment)
extra chemical to get rid of bacteria and mold
hotter than blue blazes(constantly needs cooling(need extra spray equipment for this)
Does not provide ANY advantages for the enviroment
Injuries will increase dramatically(will not release force, caused by turning,causing more injuries and acutely aggravating old injuries)
Turf burns on artifical turf provide an entry for MRSA(bacteria associated with staph infections that can be fatal.
Recycled rubber contains heavy metals(many toxic that were absorbed by the rubber while the tires were being made)
the rubber dust has toxic properties that have been known to cause cancer.

So as you see the Turf way may not be the way to go. Natural grass fields retain moisture which is needed to recharge the earth.Temperature modification(less heat) can improve performance from athletes.Grass naturally reconditions the soil. Natural grass generates oxygen.Natural grass absorbes pollutants from the air. Natural grass will repair itself.
You be the judge. Which would you rather be exposed to.

coach
08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Natural grass is the way to go. Fake stuff stinks, well, unless it's fake stuff on women...lol

technically natural grass is turf

DU_stud04
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Pros:keeps same color(for a while) then starts to fade
consistancy throughout the field(if installed correctly)
always looks the same(until it starts to wear and fade)

Cons: needs sweeping after each activity(extra equipment for this) sweeper, broom and groomer
houses bacteria big time(blood,spit,sweat,puke etc.)needs washing to get rid of this(extra equipment)
extra chemical to get rid of bacteria and mold
hotter than blue blazes(constantly needs cooling(need extra spray equipment for this)
Does not provide ANY advantages for the enviroment
Injuries will increase dramatically(will not release force, caused by turning,causing more injuries and acutely aggravating old injuries)
Turf burns on artifical turf provide an entry for MRSA(bacteria associated with staph infections that can be fatal.
Recycled rubber contains heavy metals(many toxic that were absorbed by the rubber while the tires were being made)
the rubber dust has toxic properties that have been known to cause cancer.

So as you see the Turf way may not be the way to go. Natural grass fields retain moisture which is needed to recharge the earth.Temperature modification(less heat) can improve performance from athletes.Grass naturally reconditions the soil. Natural grass generates oxygen.Natural grass absorbes pollutants from the air. Natural grass will repair itself.
You be the judge. Which would you rather be exposed to.

id still pick the turf over the dirt we played in for a while. 25-25 nothing but dirt....

Ranger Mom
08-27-2009, 02:48 PM
We have grass.....about 3 or 4 different types of grass!!:doh:

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We have grass.....about 3 or 4 different types of grass!!:doh:

Kellye...

I think they are talking about the grass on the field...not the rolled up kind.

:D :D :D :D :inlove:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Kellye...

haha!!:eek:

We DO have several types of grass growing on one field...it's ugly!!

Pick6
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
We DO have several types of grass growing on one field...it's ugly!!

Have your people call my people, we'll get that field in tip-top shape. :)

Ranger Mom
08-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Have your people call my people, we'll get that field in tip-top shape. :)

Well....my people are CHEAP!!!

Pick6
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Well....my people are CHEAP!!!

Well I like cheap women...Wait, you said your people was cheap...sorry :(

Rocket
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Playing on grass is like playing without facemasks...

Gobbler Fan
08-27-2009, 05:41 PM
:blahblah: Old School Natural Grass is the ony way to go .:p

garciap77
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Kellye...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs081.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

sinfan75
08-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Sinton has very nice, well maintained grass field.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Other than the fact that it's hotter than hell on turf, it's nice to play on.

sinton66
08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Come on folks, this is Texas Highschool Football!!. The game was MEANT to be played in the mud and pouring down rain. :D

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Well I like cheap women...Wait, you said your people was cheap...sorry :(

:D :D :D

:tmi:

Diocletian
08-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Turf is like fake boobs...

It's too symmetric, unatural, and just doesn't feel right when you dig into it. Sure you run faster, but sometimes slow and steady will win the race...

If you ask me, grass is the best way to open a field to play some football. I like the natural feel and enjoy the soft bounce it provides.

scrub c
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
WC has Turf... got in 2007.

I figure Needville is next then Sweeny the year after Needville. (cause sweeny gotta keep up with the Ville...)

pancho villa
08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Turf is like fake boobs...

It's too symmetric, unatural, and just doesn't feel right when you dig into it. Sure you run faster, but sometimes slow and steady will win the race...

If you ask me, grass is the best way to open a field to play some football. I like the natural feel and enjoy the soft bounce it provides.

My girlfriend has fake boobs

GreenMonster
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
gas, grass, or ass, nobody rides for free!