PDA

View Full Version : Sinton has the toughest schedule in 2009 HS football. :(

Phil C
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
It is always tough and this is still tough. And I am just going to talk about the regular season. Talk about a tough one. :(
Toughest in the state as usual.

Aug 28 Goliad. They always play us tough and this one will be no different. Scary times indeed.

Sept. 4 Open Date. Look at that. An open date this early. This eliminates a later date that we could use to heal injuries. Good Grief. The kettle is boiling.

Sept. 11. C.C. Moody. Good grief. A large 4A school. Aren't their some 3A schools we can play. Now the kettle is boiling over.

Sept. 18 at Hebbronville. Now you wish you could jump into the hot kettle. In Hebbronville. They played us tough last year and now it is in Hebbronville.

Sept. 25 at Orange Grove. Man on Man. They are always tough in OG. Most fearsome.

Oct. 2 Aransas Pass. This is always tough. We barely beat them by a point a few years ago. Plus the teenage terminator lives there and will be a cheerleader for them. That increases the risk.

Oct. 9 at Mathis. This game was close last year and Mathis is always tough at home. Man talk about wanting to jump in the well.

Oct 16 at Robstown. Another former 4A school now spreading terror in 3A. Thanks for nothing UIL.

Oct. 23 Falfurrias. This team has always been tough and made playoffs. I remember in 1979 in the playoffs they played Gregory-Portland a close game in the playoffs. Man talk about wanting to try to outrun a cattle stampede.

Oct. 30 at Ingleside. This is scary because they are mad about last year. Plus the game is there. Man talk about wanting to swim across the bay from there to Corpus Christi.

Nov. 6. West Oso. They played us tough last year and we had to fight hard to win. As I say "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

A tough and scary schedule indeed. :(

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow Phil.....

Remind me to never play poker with you!!!!!
Scary indeed!!!

Question: What was Sinton's record last year? 11-2, 12-1?????

Indeed!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

LE Dad
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
:clap: :clap: Class, pure class!:clap: :clap:

:cheerl: and funny too:D

STANG RED
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Not a knock on Sinton at all, but take a look at Wylie's or Brownwood's schedule, if you really want to see a tough one.

turbostud
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
What a great theory. Phil you are the ultimate philosophiser. You should change your name to the "Sinton Philosophiser." Socrates aint got nothin on you.

Reds fan
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
That sounded TOUGH!:D

LE Dad
08-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
What a great theory. Phil you are the ultimate philosophiser. You should change your name to the "Sinton Philosophiser." Socrates aint got nothin on you.
:hand: :doh: :1omg!: Not another theory ! :rolleyes: :eek:

1st and goal
08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm wondering how you sleep at night???
;)

Bull's-eye
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
According to the Massey Ratings, Goliad is Sinton's top ranked opponent at #547.

garciap77
08-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It is always tough and this is still tough. And I am just going to talk about the regular season. Talk about a tough one. :(
Toughest in the state as usual.

Aug 28 Goliad. They always play us tough and this one will be no different. Scary times indeed.

Sept. 4 Open Date. Look at that. An open date this early. This eliminates a later date that we could use to heal injuries. Good Grief. The kettle is boiling.

Sept. 11. C.C. Moody. Good grief. A large 4A school. Aren't their some 3A schools we can play. Now the kettle is boiling over.

Sept. 18 at Hebbronville. Now you wish you could jump into the hot kettle. In Hebbronville. They played us tough last year and now it is in Hebbronville.

Sept. 25 at Orange Grove. Man on Man. They are always tough in OG. Most fearsome.

Oct. 2 Aransas Pass. This is always tough. We barely beat them by a point a few years ago. Plus the teenage terminator lives there and will be a cheerleader for them. That increases the risk.

Oct. 9 at Mathis. This game was close last year and Mathis is always tough at home. Man talk about wanting to jump in the well.

Oct 16 at Robstown. Another former 4A school now spreading terror in 3A. Thanks for nothing UIL.

Oct. 23 Falfurrias. This team has always been tough and made playoffs. I remember in 1979 in the playoffs they played Gregory-Portland a close game in the playoffs. Man talk about wanting to try to outrun a cattle stampede.

Oct. 30 at Ingleside. This is scary because they are mad about last year. Plus the game is there. Man talk about wanting to swim across the bay from there to Corpus Christi.

Nov. 6. West Oso. They played us tough last year and we had to fight hard to win. As I say "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

A tough and scary schedule indeed. :(

You should talk to the coach about getting a weaker schedule next year! I read on the 3ADL that one team has won 8 state titles by scheduling weak teams!:rolleyes:

Phil C
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Our tough schedule got even tougher last night. Did you see where Ingleside completely destroyed a very good powerful 4A school in Corpus Christi Miller? Remember that CC Miller won a state championship in 1960. Most scary indeed!

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
According to the Massey Ratings, Goliad is Sinton's top ranked opponent at #547. Dang, where does that put Ingleside? :eek:

99IHSMustang
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dang, where does that put Ingleside? :eek:

We will see after Week 10 ;)

AP Panther Fan
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Lol ... the teenage terminator didn't try out for cheerleader this year. She is in the accelerated graduation program and taking two dual credit classes. I am sure she will still play golf and softball though.:)

This means she will have plenty of time to find you and Rita at games. Of course she will try to console you over Sinton's tough schedule.;)

turbostud
08-28-2009, 10:03 AM
What in the heck is the teenage terminator?

SintonFan
08-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
What in the heck is the teenage terminator?
A young Ah-nold?

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
We will see after Week 10 ;)

That we will.

===

APPF - tell her I said, "she had better play softball!" :p

IrishTex
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Remember that CC Miller won a state championship in 1960. Most scary indeed!

:D :D :D

Bull's-eye
08-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dang, where does that put Ingleside? :eek:

#612......but these ranking will change once they get more data.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
#612......but these ranking will change once they get more data. or South Texas gets more respect :doh:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You should talk to the coach about getting a weaker schedule next year! I read on the 3ADL that one team has won 8 state titles by scheduling weak teams!:rolleyes: :cool: Thats just a theory. :confused: :confused: