PDA

View Full Version : Question on streaming/costs

K-MAC Chuck
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I was working on some stuff (and getting ready for tonight's show) when the thought hit me..

How many folks/biz/clubs that stream their games live actually pay for a streaming service - and if they do, would anyone want to try and consolidate so we all can pay LESS money for streaming?

We have a great deal with our "streamer" because we got in when they were just starting up, and what we pay for year-round unlimited streaming is un-real considering today's rates/prices (at least, from what we've seen from our research).

Anyone with a thought on that? Just curious..

Emerson1
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
What about just doing it on ustream or justin.tv?

K-MAC Chuck
08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What about just doing it on ustream or justin.tv?

Good question..

What we have found that works best for US is the company we use now. It gives us flexibility and SOMEONE to talk to directly - plus he's a real nice guy and has been HUGE for us on many occasions. In fact, he's called us a couple times BEFORE his server went down to let us know we might have a problem or two upcoming (which we were able to avert because of his warning).

While free streaming may work some a lot of folks, we have found it best to be tied in with somone we can work with - and with whom to build a great working relationship.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds great to me!!!

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I raised this same question on the Donating members area and got drilled...i think it's a great idea.

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
free streaming
You get what you pay for!

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You get what you pay for!

LHPM...I beg your indulgance please....

Please tell me what you are thinking as far as streaming games.
Are you thinking of something on the horizin we don't know about?
What's wrong with the idea of streaming high school football games?

Is there something in place already we don't know about? With all due respect, you seem like you are shutting out a good idea...my question to you is why?

K-MAC Chuck
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Is there something in place already we don't know about? With all due respect, you seem like you are shutting out a good idea...my question to you is why?

IrishTex,
I apologize - I guess I wasn't clear on what I was asking. In NO WAY did I say/imply what you're saying...

So, let me make my questions/inquiry clear:

1) I was asking how many people/biz/teams that stream games: How many of you use Free Stream and how many of you Pay for your streaming services?

2) For those who DO pay for streaming services, would any of you consider getting together and going in on streaming services, so we can help defray costs and save everyone some money?

Does that help? :cool:
Sorry for any misunderstandings.. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

If someone has the equipment, technology, etc., and wants to use a free streaming service, then by all means that's good for them. This thread wasn't about "free streaming", though.

K-MAC Chuck
08-28-2009, 06:27 AM
ttt..

in hopes the streamers will see this thread again and might respond..