View Full Version : The Celina Theory

Pages : 1 [2]

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by C'monRef!
ROFLMAO. I'm a rookie huh?

Poor Rocket. He has no idea.

Oh you have another account on here? Put your name on your posts. I might know you or heard of you? Are you like mythological hero poster or something?

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Right. I can see ur point about the big brother little brother thing. My point is... that little brother was a full grown man 3 times last season.

You may not like the way they win..... but you didn't asnwer my question. When did it become wrong for the to schedule weaker opponents like that? Obviously it's working. It doesn't satisfy you that they aern't in a dogfight every week... so somehow that's the wrong way to coach?

I did answer that... I said when did it become wrong for me to not agree with it and post my theory on why I think they win State Championships? LOL..nice try.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh you have another account on here? Put your name on your posts. I might know you or heard of you? Are you like mythological hero poster or something? lmao. something like that.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
This has gotten outta hand..the poor dude just made a "guestiment" (is that a word?) as to WHY they are good, not IF they are good.

No matter what he says, Rocket knows Celina is really, really good and he knows that most years...Celina would donkeystomp his Lions;) :p :D

I say we just let it all play out on the field, just like we did last year....last year, we let Brownwood play their games and they proved Rocket and some others wrong. Who knows? The Lions might prove 'em wrong again and go 3-7 again, or the unthinkable could happen and they could actually be dang good. Shipley has a way of BRINGING IT each and every week no matter the talent (which he's been blessed with in abundance throughout his career).

I personally think the defense will be stout for the Lions, but no offense Rocket about your Offense lol but there's NO way your Lions are better without Pachall. The kid was an Animal.

With that said, and some LH folks might jump on me for this..I think Brownwood will most likely beat the Hill this year. Just my honest opinion though, never once have I ever sugar coated or bull(crapped) anyone on here and I'm not about to start now.

PS: Celina's better than Brownwood:D

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
lmao. something like that.

You must be in the Orange Cult.... your blinded to the truth.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I did answer that... I said when did it become wrong for me to not agree with it and post my theory on why I think they win State Championships? LOL..nice try. No, I get the theory. I'm not saying it's not right, because I agree Reg 2 is pretty weak as a whole with a few legit teams...... but I'm saying that it seemed like you were getting mad that they schedule weaker opponents.... therefor win alot more games. I just don't see how a schedule translates to state championships. Sure, the first few games are "easier" for them... but they still gotta win 3 more against the absolute best there is.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
This has gotten outta hand..the poor dude just made a "guestiment" (is that a word?) as to WHY they are good, not IF they are good.

No matter what he says, Rocket knows Celina is really, really good and he knows that most years...Celina would donkeystomp his Lions;) :p :D

I say we just let it all play out on the field, just like we did last year....last year, we let Brownwood play their games and they proved Rocket and some others wrong. Who knows? The Lions might prove 'em wrong again and go 3-7 again, or the unthinkable could happen and they could actually be dang good. Shipley has a way of BRINGING IT each and every week no matter the talent (which he's been blessed with in abundance throughout his career).

I personally think the defense will be stout for the Lions, but no offense Rocket about your Offense lol but there's NO way your Lions are better without Pachall. The kid was an Animal.

With that said, and some LH folks might jump on me for this..I think Brownwood will most likely beat the Hill this year. Just my honest opinion though, never once have I ever sugar coated or bull(crapped) anyone on here and I'm not about to start now.

PS: Celina's better than Brownwood:D

PS: That's a guesstimate.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
You must be in the Orange Cult.... your blinded to the truth. Not hardly.... I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
No, I get the theory. I'm not saying it's not right, because I agree Reg 2 is pretty weak as a whole with a few legit teams...... but I'm saying that it seemed like you were getting mad that they schedule weaker opponents.... therefor win alot more games. I just don't see how a schedule translates to state championships. Sure, the first few games are "easier" for them... but they still gotta win 3 more against the absolute best there is.

And my theory states that because those games are so dang weak and they are so dang good, that they don't have to play a full game for 3 weeks. Dude, please read and comprehend what I am trying to say. PLEASE. You are killing me.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I just don't see how weak games in the regular season translates to state championships. I need to rephrase this quote:

I can see the region helping a team like Celina get to the semi's or so.... but they still have to win and those teams are still pretty darn good.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:41 PM
No, I get the theory. I'm not saying it's not right, because I agree Reg 2 is pretty weak as a whole with a few legit teams...... but I'm saying that it seemed like you were getting mad that they schedule weaker opponents.... therefor win alot more games. I just don't see how a schedule translates to state championships. Sure, the first few games are "easier" for them... but they still gotta win 3 more against the absolute best there is.

I was getting mad that they don't schedule anybody good in non-district. I thought I could do that. Or has Obama made a law about not getting mad at Celina last night when I was alseep?

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I need to rephrase this quote:

I can see the region helping a team like Celina get to the semi's or so.... but they still have to win and those teams are still pretty darn good.

They win. But when they meet better competition before Round 3, they cannot win it all. DUDE, PLEASE. Read and comprehend.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM

What Rocket is trying to tell you is that when Celina actually finally does play a very good team in the semis or finals, is that those very good teams are all beat to hell because their schedule was tough. All the while Celina is not beat to hell because their schedule was easy. So therefore that semifinal or final game is not as tough on Celina as it would be if Celina played a tougher schedule.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM
And my theory states that because those games are so dang weak and they are so dang good, that they don't have to play a full game for 3 weeks. Dude, please read and comprehend what I am trying to say. PLEASE. You are killing me. Right, I read and comprehend what you say... I just don't agree. You think that their starters not having to play a full 48.... an extra 12 or so minutes really has an effect on them the next week?

I can where an injury could happen... but the other teams having to play say an extra quarter the week before gives Celina some kinda unthinkable advanatge??? Did I get that right?

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:45 PM
If you play good teams, your chances of injury, of your starters playing full games, and your chances of losing go WAY UP. They are eliminating all of these high risks by scheduling cupcakes. It is a valid theory, but makes them look very weak. It gives them a definite advantage throughout district and the playoffs. It is a deep thought that you just can't seem to understand.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
They win. But when they meet better competition before Round 3, they cannot win it all. DUDE, PLEASE. Read and comprehend. Lol. That's an opinion. You gotta beat the best to be the best. When you meet a team that is better than you, it doesnt matter if its in week 0 or 16. You lose 90% of the time.

You think if Celina played in Reg 3 would have quicker exits? It doesn;t matter. They'll keep playing whereever they are located and against whoever until they meet a better team.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Right, I read and comprehend what you say... I just don't agree. You think that their starters not having to play a full 48.... an extra 12 or so minutes really has an effect on them the next week?

I can where an injury could happen... but the other teams having to play say an extra quarter the week before gives Celina some kinda unthinkable advanatge??? Did I get that right?

Yes, to a good team it is a DEFINITE advantage.It won't do you any good if you suck, like Ferris. PLEASE read where iI gave Celina credit on alot of factors. THE X FACTOR is pushing them to state championships. MY theory.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
If you play good teams, your chances of injury, of your starters playing full games, and your chances of losing go WAY UP. They are eliminating all of these high risks by scheduling cupcakes. It is a valid theory, but makes them look very weak. It gives them a definite advantage throughout district and the playoffs. It is a deep thought that you just can't seem to understand. "What's wrong with that?" is my point. Nobody is forcing Brownwood to play the toughest teams in 3a.

And injuries happen no matter who you play.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Lol. That's an opinion. You gotta beat the best to be the best. When you meet a team that is better than you, it doesnt matter if its in week 0 or 16. You lose 90% of the time.

You think if Celina played in Reg 3 would have quicker exits? It doesn;t matter. They'll keep playing whereever they are located and against whoever until they meet a better team.

XFACTOR is Geographic location... LOL oh man...

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
"What's wrong with that?" is my point. Nobody is forcing Brownwood to play the toughest teams in 3a.

And injuries happen no matter who you play.

Ok then why do you ever pull a QB out of the game if you are up by 40? Please answer this question.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Yes, to a good team it is a DEFINITE advantage.It won't do you any good if you suck, like Ferris. PLEASE read where iI gave Celina credit on alot of factors. THE X FACTOR is pushing them to state championships. MY theory. Right, I saw all the credit you gave them. It's deserved. I just think the value or a weak opponent(pulling the starters) is way overplayed in your mind.

Persoanlly I'd rather play better teams to get prepared. What preparation does a terrible team give you for the powerhouse you might face next? There's "theory" in itself.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok then why do you ever pull a QB out of the game if you are up by 40? Please answer this question. To avoid injury. That's clear. But my point is...... NOONE is forcing Brownwood to play tough games where the starters have to play all game. Y'all can play Ferris too.

I understand that the playoffs and regions is another ball game.... but even lowly reg 2 teams..... are pretty dang legit by round 3.

Rocket
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
To avoid injury. That's clear. But my point is...... NOONE is forcing Brownwood to play tough games where the starters have to play all game. Y'all can play Ferris too.

I understand that the playoffs and regions is another ball game.... but even lowly reg 2 teams..... are pretty dang legit by round 3.

It is a toss up by Round 3. 1. Weak Region 2. 2 Divisons making it even worse.

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:55 PM
XFACTOR is Geographic location... LOL oh man... Yea, but I don't think those teams in the playoffs are as bad as you think.

Tell me, is Fort Stockton a real powerhouse to play in the playoffs?

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
It is a toss up by Round 3. 1. Weak Region 2. 2 Divisons making it even worse. I think those teams are still pretty dang good. What about when Celina beat the Mess out of a team like Liberty Hill? C'mon man. They were tired?

Rocket
08-27-2009, 11:00 PM
I think those teams are still pretty dang good. What about when Celina beat the Mess out of a team like Liberty Hill? C'mon man. They were tired?

Liberty Hill was not good enough on defense. They were good enough to win and they were so hard to stop to teams that saw them for the first time. But keeping a high level of play every week is hard to do. That is why it is special to win it all.

We disagree on teh importance of a 3 week rest. Let it be...

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Liberty Hill was not good enough on defense. They were good enough to win and they were so hard to stop to teams that saw them for the first time. But keeping a high level of play every week is hard to do. That is why it is special to win it all.

We disagree on teh importance of a 3 week rest. Let it be... lol. 3 week rest? nice use of words.

I think it's 3 pretty good squads. Each better than the last. Maybe not quite as good as other regions but still pretty dang salty. I think you are not giving Celina and or the region enough credit.

The region (IMO) is stronger than you think and Celina still beats em up because they are better than you think. That's my theory. I' guess we'll leave it there.

And if I recall, that Liberty Hill team WAS good enough to beat Brownwood. :)

LE Dad
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM

We disagree on teh importance of a 3 week rest. Let it be... :sleeping:same tired argument :sleeping: :sleeping:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
They win. But when they meet better competition before Round 3, they cannot win it all. DUDE, PLEASE. Read and comprehend. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :vrycnfsd:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Garcia and LE... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :clap: Rocket tryn to make a joke...uh ...keep tryn :hand: Your jokes are as weak as your theories.:D

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Well put. Brownwood's theory is: Complain about the best team in Texas High School Football not being as good as they claim. Then they put out a random 22 on the field and hope for the best = 3-7, and maybe an early exit this year. :tisk:No, no bad Celina. :spitlol:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
:cool: :cool: :thumbsup:Can we please put this to :sleeping: :sleeping: REST .

BEAST
08-28-2009, 07:14 AM
lol. You also swore up and down that yall would own 3a. So I guess that makes any point you have... well pointless.

My best guess says that since the all everything QB is gone... the air attack won't be as potent. We shall see.

Your qeuss proves your ignorance.

BEAST

garciap77
08-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow. One season is all we get to prove ourselves? LOL you are very ignorant, dude. You might want to really think about getting into it with us. You are a rookie. Go find Garcia and Pick6 and LE...they are more your speed.

You talk a lot of http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)! But, at the end it all boils down to this:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1.jpg
:D

;)

charlesrixey
08-28-2009, 07:49 AM

We disagree on teh importance of a 3 week rest. Let it be...

LOL

i love hearing Brownwood talk about how Liberty Hill's defense wasn't good enough

BuckeyeNut
08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
If you play good teams, your chances of injury, of your starters playing full games, and your chances of losing go WAY UP. They are eliminating all of these high risks by scheduling cupcakes. It is a valid theory, but makes them look very weak. It gives them a definite advantage throughout district and the playoffs. It is a deep thought that you just can't seem to understand.

I am right there with you on that. But playing that way can hurt you to. If your not playing anyone until the 3-4 round of the play-offs your starters are not ready for when they are needed for the whole game at a 110%. I have seen season were Gilmer was up 54-0 at the half and the coach had the 4th team in and still winning. Then in the playoffs and we come up on a team that has had to work hard in all there games. That's when we suffer for all those "cupcake games" we had. :doh: :doh:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
You talk a lot of http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)! But, at the end it all boils down to this:
:D

;) :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM
This thread is just silly!!:dispntd:

Great morning entertainment though!!!:D

Farmersfan
08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Column by MATT WIXON / The Dallas Morning News | mwixon@dallasnews.com
Even before Southlake Carroll, Hebron and Celina won state titles on the last day of the 2005 season, local football teams had proved their case. The best football in the state was played in North Texas.

Carroll, Hebron and Celina only added an exclamation point to the claim with victories that gave 10 area teams – five public and five private – state championships. The stunning success included a sweep of the Class 4A and 5A Division I and II titles.

That was the only time a region of the state has swept the titles since 4A began the two-division format in 1996. And as another football season begins tonight, it's unlikely that any region will again sweep those titles or win 10 championships in a season.

But North Texas is still more likely than any other to do it. The area hasn't come close to duplicating that success in the three seasons since, but in a state where football is king, North Texas still wears the crown.

"In the Metroplex, anywhere you go, there are just dang good football teams," said Hebron coach Brian Brazil. "5A, 4A, all the way down to 3A and 2A, everywhere in this area is just really good football."

North Texas has won a 5A title each year since 2004, and this season the area appears to be deeper in quality 5A teams than ever. Katy is the top-ranked team in the state, but five of the next seven spots are filled by Allen, Cedar Hill, Euless Trinity, Southlake Carroll and Skyline. Another half dozen 5A teams in the area could be contenders, and there are others we don't know about yet.

Last season was a good example. Wylie was No. 20 in SportsDay's preseason rankings, and 8-5A coaches picked it to finish fifth in district and miss the playoffs. Instead, Wylie advanced to the 5A Division II championship game.

Which teams will emerge this year?

Wylie coach Bill Howard doesn't know, but he sees a lot of candidates.

"Last year, we were loaded in this area," he said, "and this year I think we're better."

The area keeps getting better, many coaches say, and the reasons are pretty clear. As a whole, it has the best facilities in the state. The summer programs, including 7-on-7 teams, are more advanced than anywhere else. And the talent level provides one-stop shopping for college recruiters.

"Just get off at D/FW Airport," Euless Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver said, "and boom, boom, boom, you'll find players."

You'll find some of the top players in the country. In Rivals.com's national recruiting rankings, four area seniors are in the top 50: Plano West defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat, Fort Worth Dunbar receiver Darius White, Haltom defensive end Reggie Wilson and Skyline linebacker Corey Nelson. The rest of the state has one: Temple star running back Lache Seastrunk.

Yes, North Texas has talent. It has players that push each other to get better, teams that fine tune each other for the playoffs, and communities that expect their teams to win. The area is set up for success.

"There's a huge emphasis put on football here by the fans, by the media and by the coaches," Howard said. "The expectations are higher, and there's nowhere in America that has a bigger fan base than North Texas."

Other parts of Texas also have large fan bases, as well as excellent teams. And since the Dallas area's dominant '05 run, more titles have been heading south. Houston-area power Katy has won back-to-back 5A Division II titles, which included a win over Wylie last year. Austin Lake Travis has won two straight 4A championships, including a win over undefeated Highland Park in the 2007 Division I title game.

So maybe North Texas' crown is slipping a little. Maybe the statewide football tug of war is more competitive than ever. And maybe this is the season that will show us which region has the most pull.

"There are good teams all over the state," Brazil said. "I just know that in the Metroplex, every week you've got to come ready to play. There aren't any weak sisters around."

CHAMPIONSHIP SCOREBOARD

The Dallas area's football titles each year since 2005.

2005 Titles Public Private 10 Euless Trinity (5A I); SL Carroll (5A II); Highland Park (4A I); Hebron (4A II); Celina (2A II) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Arl. Grace Prep (TAPPS II); Prestonwood (TAPPS III); Carr. Am. Heritage (TAPPS IV); Cistercian (SPC II) 2006 Titles Public Private 4 SL Carroll (5A I); Cedar Hill (5A II) Coll. Covenant (TAPPS IV); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2007 Titles Public Private 6 Euless Trinity (5A I); Celina (3A II); Farmersville (2A I) Arg. Liberty Chr. (TAPPS II); St. Mark's (SPC I); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2008 Titles Public Private 7 Allen (5A I); Prosper (3A I) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Dallas Christian (TAPPS II); Rich. Canyon Creek (TAPPS IV); St. Mark's (SPC I); FW All Saints (SPC II)

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This thread is just silly!!:dispntd:

Great morning entertainment though!!!:D :D It is slowly falling into the abyss of absurdity.:weeping: :weeping: Very slowly.

Bullaholic
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM

I just keep biting---but it IS football discussion---so here goes one more time:

Rocket, the deepest playoff run in the Bulls' history (semis) was made in 2001. The Bulls were 5-5 going into the playoffs, but every team we lost to was a playoff team that season. According to your "Celina" theory, we should have been so beat up that we could not make a deep playoff run. On the contrary, I think the teams who schedule the tough games are more playoff-ready and go deeper in the playoffs. The opposite "theory" is--The best steel is tempered in the hottest forge.

Last season, it was definitely the war of playoff attrition which stopped the Bulls' playoff run after having played some tough, physical teams in a row in Llano, Monahans and Liberty Hill after finishing district against relatively weak teams and having a "bye" in the first round. I would have preferred no "bye" week and finishing against some tougher opponents before the playoffs.

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Even before Southlake Carroll, Hebron and Celina won state titles on the last day of the 2005 season, local football teams had proved their case. The best football in the state was played in North Texas.

Carroll, Hebron and Celina only added an exclamation point to the claim with victories that gave 10 area teams ? five public and five private ? state championships. The stunning success included a sweep of the Class 4A and 5A Division I and II titles.

That was the only time a region of the state has swept the titles since 4A began the two-division format in 1996. And as another football season begins tonight, it's unlikely that any region will again sweep those titles or win 10 championships in a season.

But North Texas is still more likely than any other to do it. The area hasn't come close to duplicating that success in the three seasons since, but in a state where football is king, North Texas still wears the crown.

"In the Metroplex, anywhere you go, there are just dang good football teams," said Hebron coach Brian Brazil. "5A, 4A, all the way down to 3A and 2A, everywhere in this area is just really good football."

North Texas has won a 5A title each year since 2004, and this season the area appears to be deeper in quality 5A teams than ever. Katy is the top-ranked team in the state, but five of the next seven spots are filled by Allen, Cedar Hill, Euless Trinity, Southlake Carroll and Skyline. Another half dozen 5A teams in the area could be contenders, and there are others we don't know about yet.

Last season was a good example. Wylie was No. 20 in SportsDay's preseason rankings, and 8-5A coaches picked it to finish fifth in district and miss the playoffs. Instead, Wylie advanced to the 5A Division II championship game.

"Last year, we were loaded in this area," he said, "and this year I think we're better."

The area keeps getting better, many coaches say, and the reasons are pretty clear. As a whole, it has the best facilities in the state. The summer programs, including 7-on-7 teams, are more advanced than anywhere else. And the talent level provides one-stop shopping for college recruiters.

"Just get off at D/FW Airport," Euless Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver said, "and boom, boom, boom, you'll find players."

You'll find some of the top players in the country. In Rivals.com's national recruiting rankings, four area seniors are in the top 50: Plano West defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat, Fort Worth Dunbar receiver Darius White, Haltom defensive end Reggie Wilson and Skyline linebacker Corey Nelson. The rest of the state has one: Temple star running back Lache Seastrunk.

Yes, North Texas has talent. It has players that push each other to get better, teams that fine tune each other for the playoffs, and communities that expect their teams to win. The area is set up for success.

"There's a huge emphasis put on football here by the fans, by the media and by the coaches," Howard said. "The expectations are higher, and there's nowhere in America that has a bigger fan base than North Texas."

Other parts of Texas also have large fan bases, as well as excellent teams. And since the Dallas area's dominant '05 run, more titles have been heading south. Houston-area power Katy has won back-to-back 5A Division II titles, which included a win over Wylie last year. Austin Lake Travis has won two straight 4A championships, including a win over undefeated Highland Park in the 2007 Division I title game.

So maybe North Texas' crown is slipping a little. Maybe the statewide football tug of war is more competitive than ever. And maybe this is the season that will show us which region has the most pull.

"There are good teams all over the state," Brazil said. "I just know that in the Metroplex, every week you've got to come ready to play. There aren't any weak sisters around."

CHAMPIONSHIP SCOREBOARD

2005 Titles Public Private 10 Euless Trinity (5A I); SL Carroll (5A II); Highland Park (4A I); Hebron (4A II); Celina (2A II) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Arl. Grace Prep (TAPPS II); Prestonwood (TAPPS III); Carr. Am. Heritage (TAPPS IV); Cistercian (SPC II) 2006 Titles Public Private 4 SL Carroll (5A I); Cedar Hill (5A II) Coll. Covenant (TAPPS IV); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2007 Titles Public Private 6 Euless Trinity (5A I); Celina (3A II); Farmersville (2A I) Arg. Liberty Chr. (TAPPS II); St. Mark's (SPC I); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2008 Titles Public Private 7 Allen (5A I); Prosper (3A I) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Dallas Christian (TAPPS II); Rich. Canyon Creek (TAPPS IV); St. Mark's (SPC I); FW All Saints (SPC II) :hand: Hold on. :hand: Rocket, you never told me your brother was a DMN homer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I just keep biting---but it IS football discussion---so here goes one more time:

Rocket, the deepest playoff run in the Bulls' history (semis) was made in 2001. The Bulls were 5-5 going into the playoffs, but every team we lost to was a playoff team that season. According to your "Celina" theory, we should have been so beat up that we could not make a deep playoff run. On the contrary, I think the teams who schedule the tough games are more playoff-ready and go deeper in the playoffs. The opposite "theory" is--The best steel is tempered in the hottest forge. :clap:Good post, I am subscribing to the Shut up and Play Theory. :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Farmersfan
08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:hand: Hold on. :hand: Rocket, you never told me your brother was a DMN homer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

I posted that information because I thought it disproved Rocket's Theory about Region II being weak. I personally know he is full of it but perhaps seeing some stats written by a professional would mean something to him. Maybe not!

BILLYFRED0000
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
This is a silly sketch. We will have none of this. These sketches are silly. spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs and spam.

BILLYFRED0000
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I am right there with you on that. But playing that way can hurt you to. If your not playing anyone until the 3-4 round of the play-offs your starters are not ready for when they are needed for the whole game at a 110%. I have seen season were Gilmer was up 54-0 at the half and the coach had the 4th team in and still winning. Then in the playoffs and we come up on a team that has had to work hard in all there games. That's when we suffer for all those "cupcake games" we had. :doh: :doh:

Well for what it's worth I think a team that plays 242 games over 14 years vs a team that plays 140 games(regular season no playoffs) risks a lot more injuries and that is how many games Celina has played since 1995. With 15 losses.

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
I posted that information because I thought it disproved Rocket's Theory about Region II being weak. I personally know he is full of it but perhaps seeing some stats written by a professional would mean something to him. Maybe not! :confused: :confused: :doh: This is Rocket you are talking about after 20 pages of posts :weeping: :weeping: still crying same sad story :( :(

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Carroll, Hebron and Celina only added an exclamation point to the claim with victories that gave 10 area teams – five public and five private – state championships. The stunning success included a sweep of the Class 4A and 5A Division I and II titles.

CHAMPIONSHIP SCOREBOARD

2005 Titles Public Private 10 Euless Trinity (5A I); SL Carroll (5A II); Highland Park (4A I); Hebron (4A II); Celina (2A II) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Arl. Grace Prep (TAPPS II); Prestonwood (TAPPS III); Carr. Am. Heritage (TAPPS IV); Cistercian (SPC II) 2006 Titles Public Private 4 SL Carroll (5A I); Cedar Hill (5A II) Coll. Covenant (TAPPS IV); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2007 Titles Public Private 6 Euless Trinity (5A I); Celina (3A II); Farmersville (2A I) Arg. Liberty Chr. (TAPPS II); St. Mark's (SPC I); Epis. School of Dallas (SPC II) 2008 Titles Public Private 7 Allen (5A I); Prosper (3A I) FW Nolan (TAPPS I); Dallas Christian (TAPPS II); Rich. Canyon Creek (TAPPS IV); St. Mark's (SPC I); FW All Saints (SPC II)

THE BEST TEAM DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN. You win a championship, you don't prove you are the best team to step on the field that season. Football is a game of skill, momentum, and luck. Too many rules in place that can sway a game and affect the outcome. That is why the New York Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. They were not the best team, they just won the one that mattered. Chew on that a while. LOL I love it.

turbostud
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
I posted that information because I thought it disproved Rocket's Theory about Region II being weak. I personally know he is full of it but perhaps seeing some stats written by a professional would mean something to him. Maybe not!

But teams like Carrol, Euless, Denton, Everman, and Hebron are all in Reg 1 even though they are part of the DFW area. Rocket is going to tell you that he is talking about 3a Reg 2 even though these teams are all part of North Texas, and everyone knows the best football in Texas is played in North Texas.

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well for what it's worth I think a team that plays 242 games over 14 years vs a team that plays 140 games(regular season no playoffs) risks a lot more injuries and that is how many games Celina has played since 1995. With 15 losses. :clap: Python, just what this thread was missing.:cool:

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Well for what it's worth I think a team that plays 242 games over 14 years vs a team that plays 140 games(regular season no playoffs) risks a lot more injuries and that is how many games Celina has played since 1995. With 15 losses.

Not when you aren't playing full games. Please tell me, was the first team still playing in the 4th Quarter last night? QUIT talking about your wins. YOU DON'T PLAY ANYBODY.

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
THE BEST TEAM DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN. You win a championship, you don't prove you are the best team to step on the field that season. Football is a game of skill, momentum, and luck. Too many rules in place that can sway a game and affect the outcome. That is why the New York Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. They were not the best team, they just won the one that mattered. Chew on that a while. LOL I love it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

turbostud
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM

That just threw Rockets theory down the toilet.

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
That just threw Rockets theory down the toilet.

How? I don't think you even understand my theory. Way over your head.They are playing more games because they are playing weak 2A and 3A Region 2 teams in District, Bi-District. lol

BleedOrange
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
How? I don't think you even understand my theory. Way over your head.

I don't even think you understand your theory. You are becoming more absurd every post. Keep 'em coming I am cracking up. I think I may post another Rocket theory if this keeps going.

turbostud
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM
How? I don't think you even understand my theory. Way over your head.They are playing more games because they are playing weak 2A and 3A Region 2 teams in District, Bi-District. lol

They are playing more games cause they are going deeper in the playoffs every year. .

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
They are playing more games cause they are going deeper in the playoffs every year. .

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OPPOSITION IN THE FIRST 3 ROUNDS!!!! AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY DON"T WIN IT ALL.

Dude, you are clueless. Quit arguing a point you don't even understand.

turbostud
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Every team plays 10 games a year, what caliber of team you play doesnt contribute to the number of games played per year. GEEZUS!

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
I don't even think you understand your theory. You are becoming more absurd every post. Keep 'em coming I am cracking up. I think I may post another Rocket theory if this keeps going.

Why don't you post something original. That's valid. Why does my opinion even matter? LOL I am cracking up because you people won't shut up. The game was I post my theory, and then we argue it. I promise you I am laughing harder than you.

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Every team plays 10 games a year, what caliber of team you play doesnt contribute to the number of games played per year. GEEZUS!

Cool. Post a theory that explains it all and then I will argue it. Do a little thinking as to why you believe that. Combine thoughts and then post it in a well thought out post. You don't like my opinion? WHO CARES.

I think I may have proven that the caliber of teams you play can give a well-established, talented program a definite advantage. This doesn't apply to sorry teams like Ferris.

LOL

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
This thread makes me so happy! :D LOL

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OPPOSITION IN THE FIRST 3 ROUNDS!!!! AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY DON"T WIN IT ALL.

Dude, you are clueless. Quit arguing a point you don't even understand. :hand: :doh: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :weeping: :weeping: and ya'll don't get it. :eek:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Cool. Post a theory that explains it all and then I will argue it. Do a little thinking as to why you believe that. Combine thoughts and then post it in a well thought out post. You don't like my opinion? WHO CARES.

I think I may have proven that the caliber of teams you play can give a well-established, talented program a definite advantage. This doesn't apply to sorry teams like Ferris.

LOL :D OK

Rocket
08-28-2009, 09:45 AM
:D OK

I wasn't talking to you. Thought is not one of your strong points. You can, however, get together with garcia and do a pop-up picture post for people like turbostud so that he can understand it.

BleedOrange
08-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Why don't you post something original. That's valid. Why does my opinion even matter? LOL I am cracking up because you people won't shut up. The game was I post my theory, and then we argue it. I promise you I am laughing harder than you.

The difference in the laughing part is that you are being laughed at and the rest of us are laughing with. Your theory is just ridiculous. It kind of like the old "world is flat" theory. How did that one turn out?

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:D I like this one

;) :thinking: :rolleyes:

BILLYFRED0000
08-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Not when you aren't playing full games. Please tell me, was the first team still playing in the 4th Quarter last night? QUIT talking about your wins. YOU DON'T PLAY ANYBODY.

Why do you insult the teams that step on the field with us? I have had that arguement till I am blue in the face. You get injuries in football from practice as well as games. We have an average of 5 extra weeks of practices over the wood over the last 14 years.

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I wasn't talking to you. Thought is not one of your strong points. You can, however, get together with garcia and do a pop-up picture post for people like turbostud so that he can understand it.

:spitlol:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
How? I don't think you even understand my theory. Way over your head.They are playing more games because they are playing weak 2A and 3A Region 2 teams in District, Bi-District. lol :D Everybody seems to understand my theory. Give it a shot my friend. It has proven itself year after year:clap:

SintonFan
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This thread makes me so happy! :D LOL
I can't believe I just spent 20 minutes reading this thread.:doh:
But it IS entertaining.:D

marler1972
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
I think we are going to have a 3a Downlow ufc fight with rocket and any celina poster that wishes to knock him out.

BILLYFRED0000
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
So I think I finally have the gist of Rockets arguements.

If you play any cupcake teams by his definition, those wins do not count. And if you have x number of games against those cupcake teams, your titles do not count. So all yall need to go and figure out your real wins and titles now based on this logic. Good luck selling that one Rocket. Because if it applies to the orange it applies to all.

lulu
08-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag

and you have a cupcake season coming up so be prepared. You give up that Championship this year..........We ain't gonna be happy campers. If there were ever a time..this is it.

BTW its HERE...It's Friday Good Luck tonight.
We have to go visit 4A Lindale in Gladewater tonight.:eek:

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey Rocket, Burnet isn't a powerhouse. You might get to pull your starters halfway through the 4th qt. I think Brownwood definitely has an advantage come week 14. :doh: That's not fair!

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Want to wish Celina the best of luck tonight when they play Ferris.:)

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Want to wish Celina the best of luck tonight when they play Ferris.:) ?:confused: :thinking:

ctown
08-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Rocket is running on self-produced methane:flaming: :foul: :flaming: :crazy1: :speech: :sleeping:

ctown
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Want to wish Celina the best of luck tonight when they play Ferris.:)

Luck has nothin to do with it---at least at this pont in time :D

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ctown
Luck has nothin to do with it---at least at this pont in time :D

Typical:clap:

Then if no luck is needed.... I want to wish Celina a injury free game tonight as the play Ferris.

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Then if no luck is needed.... I want to wish Celina a injury free game tonight as the play Ferris. ?:thinking: :confused: :doh:

ctown
08-28-2009, 12:39 PM

Then if no luck is needed.... I want to wish Celina a injury free game tonight as the play Ferris.

Sorry dude, not trying to be arrogant---we played last night at North Texas and won........

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Sorry dude, not trying to be arrogant---we played last night at North Texas and won........ Lol. I've been waiting for him to get the jist of my 2 posts.

Balcones fault
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I can't believe I just spent 20 minutes reading this thread.:doh:
But it IS entertaining.:D

Agreement.

Late to the party but here's my humble opinion....:)

I think Rocket's hypothesis is pure speculation that cannot be proven unless he wants to apply it to other successful programs. Have at it. Extra playoff teams in recent years is a variable so you have to find a parallel to Celina's recent success or compare season by season.

Celina wins with a successful system and very little turnover with coaches. Success breeds success as extra practice and extra games against quality opposition provide additional conditioning and experience for starters and for underclassmen. Celina has won with poor regional competition and with strong regional competition. They must be doing something right.

A strong program also attracts talent so again success breeds success. Certainly there is choice over which small town near a metromess a family chooses to move to.

Cult? Now that's kind of interesting. Except if that was the case then A&M would have more success. :)

MN95
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Bottom line, if Brownwood were on Celina's current streak, and Celina was the has been great team Brownwood is now, Rocket would be arguing against his "theory" with all of the "self important, you don't get it because you are not as smart as me" posts he could. Let's not overcomplicate this. He's jealous of Celina's success, can't stand that it's just about us being a better team than his beloved Brownwood Lions, so he has gone to great lengths to try and justify things by the "x factor" BS, so he can feel better about his team.

It's really that simple.

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Bottom line, if Brownwood were on Celina's current streak, and Celina was the has been great team Brownwood is now, Rocket would be arguing against his "theory" with all of the "self important, you don't get it because you are not as smart as me" posts he could. Let's not overcomplicate this. He's jealous of Celina's success, can't stand that it's just about us being a better team than his beloved Brownwood Lions, so he has gone to great lengths to try and justify things by the "x factor" BS, so he can feel better about his team.

It's really that simple. :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
:cool: All about the shut up and play theory. It is kid tested and fan approved. I have not seen 1 Celina or 1 Brownwood poster argue that. If Senor Siete is right and Celina coasts into playoffs and his beloved Lions make it, then my theory will be put to the test. If your team is good and a little lucky, you will win :cheerl: :cheerl: Zero week is here so quit:mad: :mad: and :weeping: :bigcry: and put my theory to the test.

Big Papa
08-28-2009, 02:49 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

this is about half of LE Dads post count on her...

somebody found the emoticons

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa

somebody found the emoticons :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa

somebody found the emoticons :doh: Sorry, but you sat yourself up for :nerd: that :2thumbsup

Tiger Turtle
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Some of the experiences Sealy had during the 4-peat years of the 90s resonate with Rocket's theory. During the 63-1 streak which included the 4 state championships, as well as the '98 season when we got upset in the first round and the '99 runner-up finish to Commerce, our coaching staff was having difficulty scheduling quality pre-district opponents without going way up in the 4A ranks. (One year, there was a rumor we were going to play 4A champ LaMarque, which luckily didn't happen.) Also, during the '96 season, our regular season foes were unusually weak, which resulted in our starters playing very little until the playoffs. It took them a couple of games to get back into a groove, which made things iffy the first couple of games. Having a strong Program, with a winning tradition and a group of kids and staff who expect to win makes a real difference. We won two championships out of D3 and two in D4 if I recall, because our district kept getting bounced around in realignment. I think it takes a semi-magical alignment of talent, desire, coaching and a little luck to win a state championship.

WildTexan972
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM

LOL

I think I am starting to get his deep BS theory....all he is sayin is ALL those teams that beat that terrible Brownwood team last year were bogus, thus they did not win any titles, because they played no good teams last year....the final point of his theory is, if a team wants an easy win that makes it easy to last longer in the playoffs, schedule BROWNWOOD.....

good point rocket....I think you are right....

BILLYFRED0000
08-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
I think I am starting to get his deep BS theory....all he is sayin is ALL those teams that beat that terrible Brownwood team last year were bogus, thus they did not win any titles, because they played no good teams last year....the final point of his theory is, if a team wants an easy win that makes it easy to last longer in the playoffs, schedule BROWNWOOD.....

good point rocket....I think you are right....

Ya know ya might be onto sumthin ther

BEAST
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
You wanna know what funny? You have to go back 2+ pages to even see a post by Rocket. I promise yall right now he is laughing has arse off at the fact that yall are still posting like a mad man trying to shot holes in his theory. You got to hand it to him, hes good. I mean 23 pages of replies over some BS theory he threw out there just to watch yall do this.

BEAST

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
You wanna know what funny? You have to go back 2+ pages to even see a post by Rocket. I promise yall right now he is laughing has arse off at the fact that yall are still posting like a mad man trying to shot holes in his theory. You got to hand it to him, hes good. I mean 23 pages of replies over some BS theory he threw out there just to watch yall do this.

BEAST

Agreed. Hey, I liked your old sig better! :D

BEAST
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Agreed. Hey, I liked your old sig better! :D

Well, my knew sig is a quote of a very good friend of mine. I will change it back soon.

BEAST

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM

BEAST You should definitely change your viewing mode to 40 posts per page. You would only have 9 pages that way and it would make your life alot easier. Just saying. Still gotta keep teaching these brownwood numb nuts. ;)

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM

BEAST

23 pages??

I still don't understand why some posters have theirs set on the "default"

I only have 9 pages of "drivel":D

turbostud
08-28-2009, 04:10 PM
You should definitely change your viewing mode to 40 posts per page. You would only have 9 pages that way and it would make your life alot easier. Just saying. Still gotta keep teaching these brownwood numb nuts. ;)

LOL, :D

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 04:11 PM
You should definitely change your viewing mode to 40 posts per page. You would only have 9 pages that way and it would make your life alot easier. Just saying. Still gotta keep teaching these brownwood numb nuts. ;)

Wow!! We read each others minds!! SCARY INDEED!!!:eek: :eek:

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
LOL, :D Always something with them ain't it? :doh: :p

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
23 pages??

I still don't understand why some posters have theirs set on the "default"

I only have 9 pages of "drivel":D :eek: :eek:Whats really funny is it now 24 pages.
Way to go Rocket. :clap: :clap: and last I looked
like 3000+ views.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
:eek: :eek:Whats really funny is it now 24 pages.
Way to go Rocket. :clap: :clap: and last I looked
like 3000+ views.

It's only 24 if your posts per page is set at the default!

If you have it set on 40 there are only 9 pages!

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 04:22 PM

If you have it set on 40 there are only 9 pages! They will never understand RM. It takes years of experience to figure out to change default settings. :doh: :doh:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 04:23 PM

If you have it set on 40 there are only 9 pages! Gotcha and now up to 4300 views. Thats incredible. If Rocket wanted the attention of the Orange Nation I think he got it.

Rocket
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL...

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL... Poor Rocket. He has no idea we're laughing at him, not with him.

I think he is the only person on this entire site that believes what he says. I went through that stage..... but I was like 15. :cool:

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL... :D That last 1 was for the dude counting my posts.. What is up Senor Rocket? Lol

WildTexan972
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM
the real funny part of all this is that an idiot comes up with an idiot idea over and over and he convinces other local idiots he only says such stupid stuff to work up fans of the good teams....you know, all the non-Brownwood guys....

don't matter to orange fans....we go to the finals to watch our team play, not to whine about why no maroon team is ever good enough anymore to get the job done...

Rocket
08-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the real funny part of all this is that an idiot comes up with an idiot idea over and over and he convinces other local idiots he only says such stupid stuff to work up fans of the good teams....you know, all the non-Brownwood guys....

don't matter to orange fans....we go to the finals to watch our team play, not to whine about why no maroon team is ever good enough anymore to get the job done...

One idiot makes all of you look like idiots.

Rocket
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Poor Rocket. He has no idea we're laughing at him, not with him.

I think he is the only person on this entire site that believes what he says. I went through that stage..... but I was like 15. :cool:

I am laughing at you. Not with you.

MN95
08-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Rocket's formula for 3ADL:

1. Post rambling theories that make no sense
2. Defend it vigorously for a couple of days.
3. Once it becomes clear you're an idiot and your thoughts can't be defended..........
4. Fall back on the old, "I was just kidding to see if I could get a reaction out of you".

He executed it beautifully here.

Rocket
08-28-2009, 05:35 PM
They will never understand RM. It takes years of experience to figure out to change default settings. :doh: :doh:

Wow, you are a technical genius. Congrats on being able to adjust settings. Pat yourself on the back a little more.

Looking4number8
08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Dang Rocket your the man, I left this thread alone of a day or so and now it is 25 pages.... I am gonna have to catch up on reading it this weekend. Sorry if I let you holding the bag by yourself. I guess I got lazy on you... Start another good thread, I will have your back

MN95
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Dang Rocket your the man, I left this thread alone of a day or so and now it is 25 pages.... I am gonna have to catch up on reading it this weekend. Sorry if I let you holding the bag by yourself. I guess I got lazy on you... Start another good thread, I will have your back

Said Harry Dunn to Lloyd Christmas...........

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Dang Rocket your the man, I left this thread alone of a day or so and now it is 25 pages.... I am gonna have to catch up on reading it this weekend. Sorry if I let you holding the bag by yourself. I guess I got lazy on you... Start another good thread, I will have your back :doh: Don't say that!! :hand:

Looking4number8
08-28-2009, 05:46 PM
:doh: Don't say that!! :hand:

ahhh, you guys know you love to argue with Rocket, the board was kinda slow until his return. Now it is fun again. Rocket is the Howard Stearn of the 3A Downlow

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 05:49 PM

3. Once it becomes clear you're an idiot and your thoughts can't be defended..........
4. Fall back on the old, "I was just kidding to see if I could get a reaction out of you".

He executed it beautifully here. :nerd: Hmmm :thinking: That pretty much sums up these 9 or 25 or however many pages there are :mad: very well :clap: :clap: Orange Nation- 1 Rocket - not so much. :cheerl: :cheerl:

MN95
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Rocket and Looking 4 Number 8 heading to Brownwood's opener..........

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/martyn8677/4cb3aba30160d654.jpg

LE Dad
08-28-2009, 05:54 PM
ahhh, you guys know you love to argue with Rocket, the board was kinda slow until his return. Now it is fun again. Rocket is the Howard Stearn of the 3A Downlow :thinking: Ya got a point there,:eek: but Rocket is one hard headed dude :hairpunk: but he is OK in my book.:clap:

Rocket
08-28-2009, 06:18 PM

He executed it beautifully here.

I would agree with this but one thing is wrong with that summary.
I called it a theory.

turbostud
08-28-2009, 07:50 PM
ahhh, you guys know you love to argue with Rocket, the board was kinda slow until his return. Now it is fun again. Rocket is the Howard Stearn of the 3A Downlow

Rocket is that "one guy" that shows up at pee wee and little league games that makes a jackass out of himself. You know, the one that wont sit down, shut up, and enjoy the game. There is always one in every crowd.

Rocket
08-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Rocket is that "one guy" that shows up at pee wee and little league games that makes a jackass out of himself. You know, the one that wont sit down, shut up, and enjoy the game. There is always one in every crowd.

You have no idea who I am.

lulu
08-29-2009, 08:56 AM

I like that comparison:D

kepdawg
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Rocket in your opinion does Celina's 2009 season strengthen or weaken the validity of your theory?

LE Dad
11-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Rocket in your opinion does Celina's 2009 season strengthen or weaken the validity of your theory? :clap: :clap: Great question!!

Inmateboss
11-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rocket, I've seen Celina this year in our scrimmage. I can only tell you that their players look like they have been hitting the weights, have good size, and have good fundamentals. When you have a program which turns out program-commited, tradition-rich, disciplined, well-coached athletes in great numbers--year-in-year-out and who are willing to work to develop their bodies, combined with a large, well-trained, and experienced coaching staff---you lend meaning to the old saying "The harder I work---the luckier I get." IMO, the only way you can beat the "D" of a team like Celina is to make sure your team executes well, is fundamentally sound and your players take them out at the point of attack---miss a block and their player makes the tackle. The only way you keep them from driving the field on you consistently is to have enough players on your "D" players who are not afraid to hit, can tackle surely 1-on-1, recognize pass patterns quickly, and gang tackle.
Do I think Celina is invincible and better than everbody else?--certainly not. Any team can beat them, but they must be fundamentally sound, physically conditioned, and willing to match their efforts each play for 4 quarters. IMO, it is Celina's devotion to these things which has made them the program they are year-after-year. They use consistency like a weapon.

I have read alot of good points on here, but Bull this one is a lick!!! Repetitive destruction of an opponents game plan. Sounds like an X to be factored!:thinking:

Inmateboss
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Said Harry Dunn to Lloyd Christmas...........

LMAO!!! Thats good!:clap: :clap: Love it :inlove:

garciap77
11-25-2009, 10:49 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Footballhudini
11-25-2009, 11:08 AM
this thread is ruthless

Rocket
11-25-2009, 01:16 PM
The Celina Theory holds true. They didn't have 2 easy early round opponents and now they are sitting at home.

I am trying it out on Brownwood. So far so good.

garciap77
11-25-2009, 02:18 PM
The Celina Theory holds true. They didn't have 2 easy early round opponents and now they are sitting at home.

The Rocket Theory holds ture too! It's round 3 and you are still here!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory.jpg
;)

Go Brownwood!:clap: :clap: :clap:

trojandad
11-25-2009, 03:55 PM
LOL So according to you, Celina had a tough schedule last season?

agree or disagree, its perceptive on your part......nothing that can or can't be proven, the very definition of a theory.......got me thinking, for sure, thanks......

WildTexan972
11-25-2009, 06:19 PM

does brain damage run in your family or are you the only 1?

VA was way overrated due to an easy schedule....even Brownwood could have beaten them.....and Kennedale was a 1 trick pony that Celina was easily able to stop....Celina is out due to very obvious weaknesses on the offense side of the ball that were not able to be overcome.....surely even someone from a town with a team that can MAKE the playoffs but rarely get the job completed can see this was a non-standard Celina year that proves no theory other than "It is tough to always be the best in the state" - but Celina has been the best overall team the last 10 years of any classification

Katy has been good...SLC....Euless Trinity....there are some good programs the past 10 years - none of which would be named Brownwood.....but Celina has the trophies and the MOST victories to prove the point clear - Celina is better than Brownwood

ctown
11-25-2009, 07:16 PM

Funny! HAHA HAHaHaHAHHhhaaahhaaaa!

Ok, here's a riddle for ya rockeet (a small bird with a disproportionately tall crest of feathers on its head).

Name the year:

--Celina plays Van Alstyne first round of playoffs, plays Kennedale second round the following week.

Hey, gears grinding to hard--did you guess 2009?? Well, relax. You can say either 2008 or 2009 cause they are same people Celina played both years. One year it's weak and the other it's strong?? Rockeet, your theory is so bad, you make global warming theory look solid.

turbostud
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Rockeet, your theory is so bad, you make global warming theory look solid.

:clap: