PDA

View Full Version : addition by subtraction

Electus Unus
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
what the hell does that even mean? I hear it used a lot in the NFL

BEAST
08-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Dallas subtracting TO added to team unitity. Dont always agree with it but thats how I understand it.

BEAST

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
what the hell does that even mean? I hear it used a lot in the NFL

It means you gain when you lose...

for example, I heard this term used when they were talking about the Cowboys being a BETTER team because they got rid of T.O. and others....

Addition by subtraction..

:thinking:

garciap77
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Dallas subtracting TO added to team unitity. Dont always agree with it but thats how I understand it.

BEAST

:iagree:

SHSBulldog00
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
If you have a weak Senior class, after they graduate your team has gotten better.

Electus Unus
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
still doesn't make any sense

Maroon87
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM

Well we tried to help.

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
sometimes you can have subtraction by addition.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM

Believe it or not...it makes perfect sense to me!!:p

Electus Unus
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Believe it or not...it makes perfect sense to me!!:p that isn't surprising! :D

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
that isn't surprising! :D

It's simple math actually.

If you subtract a negative number from a whole, the whole number goes up.

For example, let's say that every player on an NFL team is given a value of 1 if they're a team player who only wants what's best for the team, and -1 if they're a distraction/selfish player.

So Team X has a 53-man roster of 50 team players, and 3 "negative" players. That gives the team a value of 47. Now, let's say said team cuts one of its negative players. The team's value is then at 48. Addition by subtraction.

poisoned10
08-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

For example, let's say that every player on an NFL team is given a value of 1 if they're a team player who only wants what's best for the team, and -1 if they're a distraction/selfish player.

So Team X has a 53-man roster of 50 team players, and 3 "negative" players. That gives the team a value of 47. Now, let's say said team cuts one of its negative players. The team's value is then at 48. Addition by subtraction.

Nice. :clap:

handNthedirt
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

the cowboys are not better without TO. they have no quick strike threat now other than felix jones...and romo has been exposed as spoiled...to go along with him folding like a lawn chair when it matters most.

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
the cowboys are not better without TO. they have no quick strike threat now other than felix jones...and romo has been exposed as spoiled...to go along with him folding like a lawn chair when it matters most.

Opinions are like armpits...

Everyone has them...

:D

lulu
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Well now......that was excellent. :clap: :clap:

LHexPlayer
08-26-2009, 01:16 PM
It goes like this...

When GO BLUE got ROM'd it was addition by subtration as the collective IQ of the board went up.

Then he came back under a different name and that was subtraction by addition as the collective IQ of the board went down.

:p I kid....I kid

handNthedirt
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Opinions are like armpits...

Everyone has them...

how dare you call my facts opinions.

pirate4state
08-26-2009, 04:03 PM
the cowboys are not better without TO. they have no quick strike threat now other than felix jones...and romo has been exposed as spoiled...to go along with him folding like a lawn chair when it matters most. HEY! You're back! :wave:

Nice post!

forum_guy
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM

Finally someone agrees with me. I have been saying this since they got rid of him. The boys will prove that they should not have gotten rid of TO. Luckily they do have TB first game.

handNthedirt
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I have a close friend in the locker room and he says that Jerry dealing TO to make "tonya" romo happy has quietly split the locker room...with at least 75% of the Boys backing TO. If a competitor who ain't afraid to voice his desire to win scares you, Tonya, don't fold like a lawn chair when it matters most. I am a serious romophobe...can you tell? Stephen McGhee is next starter under center in Dallas, hopefully.

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
I have a close friend in the locker room and he says that Jerry dealing TO to make "tonya" romo happy has quietly split the locker room...with at least 75% of the Boys backing TO. If a competitor who ain't afraid to voice his desire to win scares you, Tonya, don't fold like a lawn chair when it matters most. I am a serious romophobe...can you tell? Stephen McGhee is next starter under center in Dallas, hopefully.

This all may be true...but there isn't much future in backing a player that's not here anymore...

If the Dallas Cowboys are interested in making bonus money, i.e. playoffs, then there better be 100% backing Romo.

:nerd:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Well now......that was excellent. :clap: :clap:

We have found over the years that he is kind of a "numbers nerd".....did you ever hear about the combination lock??

I went back and read that thread, just for the heck of it and realized....that happened exactly 2 years ago today!!

Here is the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=69187&highlight=combination+lock)

handNthedirt
08-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
This all may be true...but there isn't much future in backing a player that's not here anymore...

If the Dallas Cowboys are interested in making bonus money, i.e. playoffs, then there better be 100% backing Romo.

:nerd:

What? Say it ain't so! McGhee got waived? When? NOOOOOOO!!!!

pirate4state
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I have a close friend in the locker room and he says that Jerry dealing TO to make "tonya" romo happy has quietly split the locker room...with at least 75% of the Boys backing TO. If a competitor who ain't afraid to voice his desire to win scares you, Tonya, don't fold like a lawn chair when it matters most. I am a serious romophobe...can you tell? Stephen McGhee is next starter under center in Dallas, hopefully. LOL Tonya ROFL!

pirate4state
08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
What? Say it ain't so! McGhee got waived? When? NOOOOOOO!!!! Pretty sure he meant TO.

I love me some TO & wish him a speedy recovery. I wanna see him doing his thing on Sundays!

handNthedirt
08-27-2009, 02:17 PM
yes after reading it again he's referring to TO, I hope. I automatically assumed McGhee since TO is already history, and I'm still mourning his loss btw. 11 is nowhere near as good a player or leader as 81 was in dallas.

DaHop72
08-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Pretty sure he meant TO.

I love me some TO & wish him a speedy recovery. I wanna see him doing his thing on Sundays! :p :p You and you're boy TO. :kiss: :kiss:

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2009, 02:30 PM
11 is nowhere near as good a player or leader as 81 was in dallas.

player yes..leader?!?!...I supported TO and loved his time as a Cowboy..but LEADER?!?! Really? A "leader" does not gripe about not getting enough balls in a loss when he was thrown to 17 times. Again I like TO, but the furthest thing he is IMO is a good leader

Maroon87
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Finally someone agrees with me. I have been saying this since they got rid of him. The boys will prove that they should not have gotten rid of TO. Luckily they do have TB first game.

But weren't you one of the ones that said they shouldn't have signed him in the first place?:confused:

Please translate, as I don't speak Hater-ese...

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Pretty sure he meant TO.

I love me some TO & wish him a speedy recovery. I wanna see him doing his thing on Sundays!

Yep, I was talking about T.O.
:1popcorn:

And I bet Rita just wanting T.O. to maximize those 6 pack abs..

Emerson1
08-27-2009, 02:36 PM
You could have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin in their prime on this team and it wouldn't matter because Jason Garret is one of the worst coordinators in the league.

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You could have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin in their prime on this team and it wouldn't matter because Jason Garret is one of the worst coordinators in the league.

No one had a problem with Garrett when they went 13-3.

:rolleyes:

;)

lulu
08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We have found over the years that he is kind of a "numbers nerd".....did you ever hear about the combination lock??

I went back and read that thread, just for the heck of it and realized....that happened exactly 2 years ago today!!

Here is the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=69187&highlight=combination+lock)

That was some kind of funny. This guy is obsessive big time. Kind of person you want on your side when it really counts.

It's hard for me to believe people do this but I have a 7 year old grandson that I'm afraid is going to be just that way. He is so intent on things not beating him. He puts a lot of unnecessary stress on himself....so driven. I could use just a little of that in my genes.

pirate4state
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
player yes..leader?!?!...I supported TO and loved his time as a Cowboy..but LEADER?!?! Really? A "leader" does not gripe about not getting enough balls in a loss when he was thrown to 17 times. Again I like TO, but the furthest thing he is IMO is a good leader ahhhhhhhh shaddup!

garciap77
08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
how dare you call my facts opinions.

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

so when they were 13-3 he was amazing..they go 9-7 with starting QB was out 3 games, RB were down to one..the OL was riddled with injuries..yet the OC was terrible?