PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully, Michael Vick has changed

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 01:22 AM
I hope Michael Vick has truly changed and he seems to be doing good work (http://lewp.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/michael-vick-prooves-people-can-change/) now for the Humane Society...

I think everyone deserves a second chance to rectify mistakes they make in life.

Here's hoping Michael Vick has learned from his as well.

STANG RED
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I heard he did something to upset Dungy a couple days ago, but I never heard what it was. Anybody know?

jason
08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I heard he did something to upset Dungy a couple days ago, but I never heard what it was. Anybody know? accidentally stepped on his dog....

BuckeyeNut
08-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I heard he did something to upset Dungy a couple days ago, but I never heard what it was. Anybody know?

He was drinking Grey Goose and juice after practice.

IrishTex
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Tony Dungy scolds Michael Vick for public alcohol consumption

Michael Vick's mentor, Tony Dungy, scolded the Eagles quarterback for drinking in public after the New York Post revealed he was drinking Grey Goose and pineapple juice in a Philadelphia airport bar.

"Michael, you can't do that," Dungy told Vick, via SI.com's Peter King.

Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko told the Philadelphia Inquirer that drinking alcohol is "not in conflict with terms of (Vick's) probation or reinstatement with the NFL."

Dungy relayed to King that even though alcohol may not be completely banned, he must not present a negative image. Said King, "He can't give the media or the public any ammunition to suggest he isn't doing everything he can to live a clean life and devote himself totally to football."

In a letter to Vick upon his conditional reinstatement on July 27, commissioner Roger Goodell told the quarterback that "prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use" were included in as conditions.

Vick is eligible to play in this week's preseason game against the Jaguars. Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said he expects head coach Andy Reid to make a decision on whether Vick will play on Tuesday.

Update: NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT of Vick: "I am not aware of any violations to the terms of his reinstatement."

Update, 2: Aiello reiterated those sentiments to USA TODAY by e-mail on Monday. "I have received no indication from anyone that Michael Vick has violated the terms of his reinstatement," he said.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/08/tony-dungy-scolds-michael-vick-for-public-alcohol-consumption.html

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
I hope Michael Vick has truly changed and he seems to be doing good work (http://lewp.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/michael-vick-prooves-people-can-change/) now for the Humane Society...

I think everyone deserves a second chance to rectify mistakes they make in life.

Here's hoping Michael Vick has learned from his as well.
DITTO!:cool:

STANG RED
08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
While having a drink of vodka and pineapple juice may not technically be a violation (personally I have no problem with it), he does need to exercise better judgment and at least not do it in public. He knows the spotlight and microscope is on every move he makes. I'd hate to have to live like that. But then again, he made the bed he's laying in. It's up to him to make better decisions from now on. I hope he does.