PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas 2009

Brahma2006
08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
The Bellville Brahmas look to have a good team this year that will return to the playoffs once again. However, there are a few players at certain positions that need to be changed up. This goes back to last season when the Brahmas heavily relied on the run to be successful, which there will be no doubt that will happen again this season. The problem at times was in the passing game. While at times the Brahmas looked good in the air, they struggled alot to move the ball successfully when teams stuffed the run game. Mueller is the returning starter at the QB position, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a legitimate championship QB. He manages the game well, but does not give the Brahmas a shot at glory when the pressure is on. He should move back to his old position of TE, which would give the Brahmas a huge target up the middle in the passing game. The next question is: who plays QB? Returning letterman Cody Knoll, who is now a junior, is the current backup. He played in mop up time last season and in key situations in a few playoff games. Knoll looked great at QB in his duty during those games throwing for a couple of TD's without an INT. Also, Knoll looked great in 7on7 games where he can make all the necessary throws and gets rid of the ball on time, unlike Mueller. In the two scrimmages this year to begin the 09 season, Knoll has come in and looked considerably better than Mueller in all aspects of the passing game. This young kid looks poised to a good starter at QB if given the opportunity. Word is that many of the Brahma players would like to see Knoll get the nod at QB. The passing game would receive a great boost through the air with his quicker release and decision to get rid of the ball. Plus, Knoll is said to be one of the quickest players on the team which is why he is currently playing all over the secondary and at WR. I hope the coaches out in Bellville realize if they want to make a serious run to the state championship and not struggle deep in the playoffs against teams who stop the run like the previous year, they should take a deep and serious look at the depth of the QB position.

hookandladder
08-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Brahma2006
The Bellville Brahmas look to have a good team this year that will return to the playoffs once again. However, there are a few players at certain positions that need to be changed up. This goes back to last season when the Brahmas heavily relied on the run to be successful, which there will be no doubt that will happen again this season. The problem at times was in the passing game. While at times the Brahmas looked good in the air, they struggled alot to move the ball successfully when teams stuffed the run game. Mueller is the returning starter at the QB position, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a legitimate championship QB. He manages the game well, but does not give the Brahmas a shot at glory when the pressure is on. He should move back to his old position of TE, which would give the Brahmas a huge target up the middle in the passing game. The next question is: who plays QB? Returning letterman Cody Knoll, who is now a junior, is the current backup. He played in mop up time last season and in key situations in a few playoff games. Knoll looked great at QB in his duty during those games throwing for a couple of TD's without an INT. Also, Knoll looked great in 7on7 games where he can make all the necessary throws and gets rid of the ball on time, unlike Mueller. In the two scrimmages this year to begin the 09 season, Knoll has come in and looked considerably better than Mueller in all aspects of the passing game. This young kid looks poised to a good starter at QB if given the opportunity. Word is that many of the Brahma players would like to see Knoll get the nod at QB. The passing game would receive a great boost through the air with his quicker release and decision to get rid of the ball. Plus, Knoll is said to be one of the quickest players on the team which is why he is currently playing all over the secondary and at WR. I hope the coaches out in Bellville realize if they want to make a serious run to the state championship and not struggle deep in the playoffs against teams who stop the run like the previous year, they should take a deep and serious look at the depth of the QB position.

New HC has not even had his team play a real game and is already making bad decisions on where players need to play. What is up with the Bellville coaches.

XMan
08-26-2009, 06:20 AM
2006, I see that you have just come in here to 'stir the pot'. Might want to just be quiet for a while. Obviously someone just not wanting peace and harmony in the pasture.

MJMbrahmas10
08-26-2009, 07:01 AM
no offense but stay in 2006, the bellville coaches know whats best

dachosenone
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Coaching football is about making tough decisions in the heat of battle. I cant see how a 14 game starter would switch positions to give another player the starting position. I like both kids and would much rather see them both see significant time at QB. It would force other teams to prepare for both players and defensive coaches hate that.

onsideanytime
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Brahma 2006, Knoll must be your little brother, take those rose colored glasses off, those Bellville coaches know who should be their QB

dachosenone
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Comments from an old brahma Coach Barnes aka Buzzard "Don't talk about it be about it".

Secondly in regards to coach Foster "Would you rather go into battle with a coach thats on fire or luke warm"
P.S. to all the Brahma football players.

"Look inside yourself before you judge another player or teammate"

"Take two steps back while looking in the mirror an decide whether or not you like what you see"Comments from an old brahma Coach Barnes aka Buzzard "Don't talk about it be about it".

trg
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Coach Foster and his staff work with these young men day in and day out and know what they are all capable of. I believe they are putting the best person for the job in the position they belong in and we need to support the coaches as well as the players and stop second guessing them.

GO BULLS!!!! BTH out of Caldwell!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
New HC has not even had his team play a real game and is already making bad decisions on where players need to play. What is up with the Bellville coaches.

Your basing this from the opinion of one poster? Maybe the LG coaches need to do a better job with all those players getting suspended the last couple of seasons?

Global Swarming
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
It's not going to matter Friday night which one they start. Your record is going to be 0-1 anyways.:D Just kidding just looking forward to an exciting game from both teams. I guess we'll all know where both teams stand after Friday. I want my Hornets to win but don't really know alot about what team will show up this year. Anyways good luck to the Brahmas next week lol. Have a safe trip. It should be a barn burner.

Bull's-eye
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Mueller is the better QB, but he is also a great target catching the ball. I'm sure you will see some plays where Knoll will come in and throw to Mueller.

XMan
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
where did former brahma Barnes coach???

Brahma2006
08-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Ever since the 2003 season ended when the Brahmas made a deep playoff run and the 04 grads exited, the Brahmas have been good but not great, getting knocked out of the first round or not even making the playoffs; minus the fact this past year when they made it to the regional finals with a very deep team. Thats because they have putting kids at the position their dad or themselves have been lobbying them to play, regardless of the fact they are the best player at the position or not. It has showed over the years that the Brahmas have struggled until this past year because of the less fortunate kids not being evaluated fairly. It has happend over the course of the past 5 years and has showed on the field. The Brahmas are great during regular season play but come playoffs against great teams they struggle because of the lack of true talent at certain position. I have watched all these grow up and play and even help coach them up to where they are now and I have seen each kid flourish at their natural positions. Its just a battle of who knows who come varsity time. All the kids out there are great players, but each one of those kids has an ability to many positions or just one. However, in order to win in any situation, the best kid needs to play at each position they are good at. Im not taking anything away from Mueller, he is a great athlete and helps the team out, but he is not a true QB. Knoll has been playing with same kids since 3rd grade Pop Warner and has always played QB. Now tell me, a guy who has 6+ years experience at QB or a guy who has been playing the position on and off with 3 years of experience witht same kids as the starter? Natural ability to play QB is only within a few kids and it just is a shame some coaches cant see that. I know we all have our opinions about things, and this is my opinion. I've seen this over the course of the past 5 years happen and until they quit with all the "who knows who the best" and start evaluating true talent, don't expect a state championship anytime soon.

Johnny Utah
08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow! I believe Bellville would have played in the Semi's if Nunn would have stayed healthy. Is that coaching? I agree with others, stay quiet and let the paid professionals do their job and support the team and its staff. Only takes one knucklehead to spoil it all. I would like to see the Caldwell/Bellville game, going to be lots of hard hits!!!

Gators17
08-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Ahh, brotherly love :p

TRENCHES06
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Personally, I don't think it's right to be calling for a KID's "job" here on this forum.

hookandladder
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Ever since the 2003 season ended when the Brahmas made a deep playoff run and the 04 grads exited, the Brahmas have been good but not great, getting knocked out of the first round or not even making the playoffs; minus the fact this past year when they made it to the regional finals with a very deep team. Thats because they have putting kids at the position their dad or themselves have been lobbying them to play, regardless of the fact they are the best player at the position or not. It has showed over the years that the Brahmas have struggled until this past year because of the less fortunate kids not being evaluated fairly. It has happend over the course of the past 5 years and has showed on the field. The Brahmas are great during regular season play but come playoffs against great teams they struggle because of the lack of true talent at certain position. I have watched all these grow up and play and even help coach them up to where they are now and I have seen each kid flourish at their natural positions. Its just a battle of who knows who come varsity time. All the kids out there are great players, but each one of those kids has an ability to many positions or just one. However, in order to win in any situation, the best kid needs to play at each position they are good at. Im not taking anything away from Mueller, he is a great athlete and helps the team out, but he is not a true QB. Knoll has been playing with same kids since 3rd grade Pop Warner and has always played QB. Now tell me, a guy who has 6+ years experience at QB or a guy who has been playing the position on and off with 3 years of experience witht same kids as the starter? Natural ability to play QB is only within a few kids and it just is a shame some coaches cant see that. I know we all have our opinions about things, and this is my opinion. I've seen this over the course of the past 5 years happen and until they quit with all the "who knows who the best" and start evaluating true talent, don't expect a state championship anytime soon.

Not saying this is happening or not in Bellville however it does happen in some schools. You have no other choice but to trust your coaches decisions and hope things turnout for the best.

Brahma2006
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Its not even about brotherly love with the opinions im throwing out there. I have been watching these kids play since they were in 3-5 grade so i know who can play what and who cant. Its the same situation every year, the kids whose parents are in good with school and the coaches get the nod or favor over those who arent. Im not taking anything away from those kids though, however, there are other individuals out there who are better at each position than that certain kid. It has always been this way and im sure it is like this in every town. Sorry if im the first one to actually say something about it. There has many cases where kids who arent so fortunate sit on the bench and watch the starter in front of see glory for what their last name does for them. There has been many bad choices made over the last 5 years on who gets the nod here and there and it has certainly showed. This is only half my peace of mind for now. And i am certain i do not only speak for myself, but many others as well.

lostaussie
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
All I can say to those long posts is.............WOW. Sounds like someone has their panties in a wad...............and the season hasn't even started:doh:

duckhunter
08-26-2009, 03:27 PM
although I may, or may not agree with everyone's opinions on this thread it sure is refreshing to see people speak their mind even if it does offend some.

LHS 2SONS
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Your basing this from the opinion of one poster? Maybe the LG coaches need to do a better job with all those players getting suspended the last couple of seasons?

Maybe if more coaches would do what the LG Staff does, maybe more kids would turn out a lot better in life as well.

hookandladder
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
although I may, or may not agree with everyone's opinions on this thread it sure is refreshing to see people speak their mind even if it does offend some.

A lot times when the truth comes the parents can not handle it, so most people decide not to speak their mind. I have a hard time not speaking my mind also.

Bulligator
08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Brahma 2006, I normally try to stay out of these critical posts, but it appears that you just want to stir up those that read this board. If you are that concerned about being slighted in playing time because of what your name is, then you might as well include all the pee wee sports teams to professionals. Bellville isn’t the only place this could happen and we all know it. There have been many threads on this issue of “favoritism” the past few years on the Downlow. If you want to discuss this with Coach Foster, just go by his office and sit down and talk to him. Be a man and don’t hide behind the internet. Free speech is what men fought and died for, so that everyone can be heard. Sometimes the truth hurts.

We'll all know about 10:30 Friday night how things worked out. All of us will never agree on everything, so how about just supporting our teams, student athletes, and all those involved on Friday nights.

zebrablue2
08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Brahma 2006, I normally try to stay out of these critical posts, but it appears that you just want to stir up those that read this board. If you are that concerned about being slighted in playing time because of what your name is, then you might as well include all the pee wee sports teams to professionals. Bellville isn’t the only place this could happen and we all know it. There have been many threads on this issue of “favoritism” the past few years on the Downlow. If you want to discuss this with Coach Foster, just go by his office and sit down and talk to him. Be a man and don’t hide behind the internet. Free speech is what men fought and died for, so that everyone can be heard. Sometimes the truth hurts.

We'll all know about 10:30 Friday night how things worked out. All of us will never agree on everything, so how about just supporting our teams, student athletes, and all those involved on Friday nights.

:clap:

XMan
08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Im thinking coach Foster should take some advise from a pee wee coach. ha ha ha ha ha haha hahahahahahahahahahaha If that isnt the funniest thing ive ever heard. Like someone else said, go talk to the coach face to face.

Bull's-eye
08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Im thinking coach Foster should take some advise from a pee wee coach. ha ha ha ha ha haha hahahahahahahahahahaha If that isnt the funniest thing ive ever heard. Like someone else said, go talk to the coach face to face.

:spitlol: :spitlol: :2thumbsup

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree with others that have been on this board for some time. This is a new era in Bellville Football with a new coach, what has happenend before is old news. Coach Foster and his staff will do the best they can to have a winning season. These coaches have no family life during football season and put in many long hours to do the best they can, and dont need someone telling them on a web board what they need to do. Instead support them and the team and leave the coaching to them.

zebrablue2
08-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I agree with others that have been on this board for some time. This is a new era in Bellville Football with a new coach, what has happenend before is old news. Coach Foster and his staff will do the best they can to have a winning season. These coaches have no family life during football season and put in many long hours to do the best they can, and dont need someone telling them on a web board what they need to do. Instead support them and the team and leave the coaching to them.

well said FBB!!

11as1
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I completely agree with most of the people on this thread. The whole brother thing must be playin a huge part in this. Also, go talk to foster face to face, however Brahma2006 has a point throughout bellville history names have played a large role in position. But as it was said earlier it's a new era. GET OVER IT KNOLL IS STILL STARTING!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Zebrablue2......Will you make the game?

zebrablue2
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Zebrablue2......Will you make the game?

gonna be in normangee friday night, working.. hopefully fbb will call and give me a report. that is if he can find where he hid my number--LOL.

bvillebrahma010
08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
all this smack talk will come true in 48 hours. mueller did not quit football because he didnt feel like playing like knoll did... im sorry, knoll is an amazing young man, plays with my son, but mueller has what it takes. while your bashing our pass game and say we need to stiffen up run game and the comments you said (i forgot after posting this much) remember, during EVERY scrimmage, bellville moved the ball most when passing... they opened up the draw and the air! knoll has a role on the field, thats outside linebacker. these coaches have been in the business for 20 years and know much much more than anyone that has coached peewee for a few years, regardless if theyve coached this age of kids. times have changed. ppl have grown and changed. muellers first year at QB he took his team to the regional championship. this age is just as good as that 2003 team when they wake up and want to hit some body and show texas who bellville is. until then, im not sure. knoll is an outside linebacker, mueller is a quarterback. bottom line. no one persons opinion on a website will change that. so, instead of embarass yourself and our town on this forum, do not stir the pot. focus on your pee wee team, and complain about foster because hes not wanting to do what you wanna do. or like everyone else has said, go talk to him yourself... good luck friday night brahmas. who ever reads this from the team, PICK IT UP AND MAKE THIS TEAM HISTORY! YOU HAVE THE TOOLS!!! USE THEM! DO NOT BE SELFISH, ITS A TEAM EFFORT. FROM 1ST STRING TO 4TH. FOCUS ON THE GAMES, NOT THE POLLS NOR THE TALK! THE TALK IS GREAT, BUT AFTER THE HEADS GET BIG, NO MORE TALK WILL COME AROUND. BE YOURSELF AND BE THAT TEAM WE ALL KNOW SINCE 4 GRADE!!

Gators17
08-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Spencer, I mean bvillebrahma010, has a point. To say Mueller doesn't have what it takes to be successful after leading his team to the regional championship in his first year starting at the ever so popular position of quarterback is completely and utterly stupid. Don't get me wrong, Knoll is a great athlete, but Mueller is just the guy I'd want under center in the 4th quarter of a district championship to lead a drive, not a guy who quit and then picked it back up.

BaTmAn24
08-27-2009, 02:32 AM
:D Y'all are funny!! I say go with Knoll, Mueller is much more of a threat at tight end. What colleges are looking at him as a QB? My friend from the little town of Bellville told me that Mueller has had several offers from colleges as a TE so why not let him play that position? I think college coaches know a little more than high school coaches :thinking:. However i also know that he is going to college for baseball and this all doesn't matter but I'm just stating an opinion.

bvillebrahma010
08-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
Spencer, I mean bvillebrahma010, has a point. To say Mueller doesn't have what it takes to be successful after leading his team to the regional championship in his first year starting at the ever so popular position of quarterback is completely and utterly stupid. Don't get me wrong, Knoll is a great athlete, but Mueller is just the guy I'd want under center in the 4th quarter of a district championship to lead a drive, not a guy who quit and then picked it back up.

huh? spencer? why are you talking about my son?

duckhunter
08-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
. this age is just as good as that 2003 team when they wake up and want to hit some body and show texas who bellville is. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand: this yrs brahma team is nowhere near as talented, or good as the 03, or 04 team. not even close.

X15-MEM
08-27-2009, 01:01 PM
WOW, what a tough crowd of would be know-it-alls. Coach’s rule: to be the Best, play the Best. They for the most part do a great job across the state at the HS level for being overworked and underpayed. Making position choices can be difficult when you want to get your best athletes on the filed and maintain a balance of strength on offense and defense. Many players perform at one position in HS only to move at the college level, this is not a new concept. IMO a 6’6”, 235lb sub 4.5 QB has a much greater opportunity for success than a 5’10”, 170lb 4.6 ish QB.

As for this team not having the talent of earlier Brahma teams as a whole you may be mistaken. Those earlier teams had a few players continue to the college ranks, last years team also contributed to the number playing in college but nothing like the potential of this years group. There could be as many as 6 players continue to the DI level in one sport or another so the talent is there, they just have to put it all together and ignore most of the crap posted on this site by adults whom would be better off keeping there fingers off the keyboard and just root for your teams and give nothing but positive encouragement. Don't post often on here but found a need due to some folks childishness.

Have a great game Brahmas, your always winners in my book.

Gators17
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
:D Y'all are funny!! I say go with Knoll, Mueller is much more of a threat at tight end. What colleges are looking at him as a QB? My friend from the little town of Bellville told me that Mueller has had several offers from colleges as a TE so why not let him play that position? I think college coaches know a little more than high school coaches :thinking:. However i also know that he is going to college for baseball and this all doesn't matter but I'm just stating an opinion.

What does colleges offering a player a scholarship have to do with winning a state championship? I'm sure you weren't questioning Brock Fitzhenry's talents at quarterback while at Giddings and now he's at Texas playing WR.

trg
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by X15-MEM

Have a great game Brahmas, your always winners in my book.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bone Pile
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM

Man you are missing your calling. You need to be a coaches ASSISTANT so he can tell you to shut up and hit the bench. You are the type of individual that make good people sick. Keep your selfish comments to yourself and I would be willing to bet this is the only place we will hear from you. Cowards with big mouths usually hide behind something. Oh yea if you want to talk face to face I am available.
Be aware that the goof people will not put up with you very long.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I heard Bellville may be getting a couple of transfers, any truth to that?

duckhunter
08-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hand: this yrs brahma team is nowhere near as talented, or good as the 03, or 04 team. not even close. i meant 03 and 02 teams******

muscatcannelli
08-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24

Amen! That's a really good point. But, why not shock and awe with two QB's and throw em all off!!! They are both exceptional athletes!

Sometimes stirring the pot is good. It is great to hear so many different opinions. It actually inspires people to voice their thoughts, when otherwise they would not. Keep up the comments, but let's be kind!! Work together like the players!

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Simple question: Why would anyone choose a backup over a kid who was the starting QB on a regional final team?

IrishTex
08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by C'monRef!
Simple question: Why would anyone choose a backup over a kid who was the starting QB on a regional final team?

To keep the stud from getting injured??

C'monRef!
08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
To keep the stud from getting injured?? Stud? I just wouldn't mess with what worked pretty well last year.

bvillebrahma010
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I heard Bellville may be getting a couple of transfers, any truth to that?
yeah, three brothers from katy. one weighs 310, 280, and the other about 275. all related.

44INAROW
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
three brothers from Katy.......... all related.

that's usually how it works :D

lol this post struck me funny -

sorry, just giving you a hard time...

lulu
08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's usually how it works :D
lol this post struck me funny -

sorry, just giving you a hard time...

Dog gone it, you beat me to that one.:clap:

BaTmAn24
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah, three brothers from katy. one weighs 310, 280, and the other about 275. all related.

Three brothers that are related??? How does that work? :doh:

bvillebrahma010
08-27-2009, 10:55 PM
lol! they all are brothers coming from different mommas???? hell idk. haha! just trying to change the attitude from the idiot that is tearing our team apart!

44INAROW
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
lol! they all are brothers coming from different mommas???? hell idk. haha! just trying to change the attitude from the idiot that is tearing our team apart!

I kept thinking about that comedian that says - "brother from another mother" :D

bvillebrahma010
08-27-2009, 11:33 PM
lol! i know right! some of the rumors that go on in this town about ppl coming in. or well, should i say in the school! just insane!

lulu
08-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Hi I'm Ed and this is Ed and my other brother ED:D

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I heard Bellville may be getting a couple of transfers, any truth to that? just wondering... (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1273424#post1273424)

lol

Brahma2006
08-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Wow! Since when was stating an opinion or "Stirring up the pot" childish like and then that person or persons voiced as an idiot? Nothing wrong with stating an opinion because we all have our own. I think it's just a little intimidating to some folks who cant handle certain opinions coming from others. Im not taking anything away from any of the kids mentioned because obviously they are all great athletes or we wouldnt be talking about them. Im not hear to bash any one kid. And it would be nice if all the numbers and stats were actually correct and factual, but we all have our own numbers we like to come up with. Next time just check up on what facts and numbers yall throw out there before yall actually do. To put this statement to rest, nothing childlike, foolish, or being an "idiot" was intended by any post. So those who call out another person, think about what you say first. Then who is being childlike?

Hornet Mom 2
08-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I am glad all you bulls are picking on each other, that will give us time to take care of business on the field tonight! Go Hornets! :clap: (said in good faith, not attacking anyone!)