PDA

View Full Version : Llano vs. Rockdale

sandmaster
08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Well this looks to be a very good test for both teams early in the season. Last year it was a shootout in Rockdale with Rockdale coming out on top but I think Llano will be ready to defend there home field this friday. Any thought on the game.

sandmaster
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
thoughts****

Trashman
08-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Rockdale gets crushed.:thinking:

Old Green
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
LLano was young last year. I say LLano since it's in Llano

Electus Unus
08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Rockdale gets crushed.:thinking: good!

Underdogging is always fun.

bvillebrahma010
08-25-2009, 10:39 PM
i say llano, because i hunt 6 miles from the high school and their school is pretty sexy! lol!

cameron91
08-25-2009, 10:43 PM
rockdale in a landslide. with the bell on their side line they always win :D ..oops I forgot the bell is in Cameron:doh:

Old Green
08-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
rockdale in a landslide. with the bell on their side line they always win :D ..oops I forgot the bell is in Cameron:doh: :stirpot: :1popcorn:

87 TIGER
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM
gonna be tough in Llano, I think our O will be ready I sure hope the D can stop that running attack. I give the edge to Llano for playing at home and the Tigers a little over confident. Go Tigers!

Johnny Utah
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Rockdale will win we hope! Stuff the run(nasty slot stuff) and be ready for the play action pass and belly bum!!!! Eat at Coopers!!!

rockdale80
08-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Wow. Rockdale is either really good or Llano is really not that good. I know Rockdale has a stud of a QB and their receiver corp is tremendous. They played really well together and I think will be tough to stop this year.

Dogman_1969
08-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Tigers up 42-0 early in third before calling off the attack.......

rockdale80
08-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Tigers up 42-0 early in third before calling off the attack.......

Your son had a great game. They looked sharp for the first game of the year.

Daddy D 11
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
42-0 at one point? Jesus.

Dogman_1969
08-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Your son had a great game. They looked sharp for the first game of the year.

Thanks. He's glad to be back from last seasons shoulder injury. The guys played really well. Still have a long way to go but was a good start.

Thanks again

ziggy29
08-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Wow. Rockdale is either really good or Llano is really not that good. I know Rockdale has a stud of a QB and their receiver corp is tremendous. They played really well together and I think will be tough to stop this year.
Final 42-20, and it wasn't that close (it was 42-0 at one point). My observations:

1 -- Llano was a bit off -- okay, more than a bit off. I don't want to say "bad" because that would take away from what Rockdale did on the field. I think they are a better team than that but they have obviously some things to work out before district. I'm not writing them off for this year yet, obviously, but they will have to improve a lot if they're going to sniff the playoffs in this district.

2 -- Rockdale is HUGE. Like really, REALLY big. I couldn't believe the size of those guys. The Tigers had a huge size advantage all the way across the line, and I think that really showed when the dam burst in the second quarter.

3 -- Rockdale's coaching staff prepared for this game perfectly. The two best things you can do against a David Yeager team are to shut down the run in the middle of the field and to have an efficient passing game. This takes away Llano's offensive strength and exploits their weakest aspect on defense. Rockdale did both to near perfection.

4 -- What was with all of the bees in the bleachers? I don't know if the visitors side had them, but they were all over the place on the home side before the game and until the sun went down, and perhaps that was a bad omen for the Jackets...

This was just a good old fashioned to-the-woodshed beatdown, no two ways about it. The good thing about it is that it's only one game, it's non-district and Rockdale clearly showed the Jackets what they need to work on before district play starts.

Best of luck to Rockdale for a good season from here on out. I hope to see that you really *are* that good.

Johnny Utah
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Did someone say Rockdale won due to shutting down Llano's running game?? Hmmmmm!!! GO TIGERS!!!

ziggy29
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Did someone say Rockdale won due to shutting down Llano's running game?? Hmmmmm!!! GO TIGERS!!!
Llano got 249 yards rushing, but that was deceptive. Much of that came in the last quarter and a half against the second team defense. Most of the success came running wide -- the middle just wasn't there. The Rockdale D-line was just too big and too immovable. And the Jackets are a team that needs to be able to run up the middle.

Sanders really had himself a game -- 10-14 passing, and get this: he threw a TD pass, ran for a TD and *caught* a TD pass. Impressive.

Trashman
08-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Rockdale gets crushed.:thinking:

I have to admit I didn't see this coming....congrats to Rockdale and condolences to Llano.:thinking:

Johnny Utah
08-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Sanders is as tough as his daddy! Llano will win a bunch of games and so will the Rock!!

ziggy29
08-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Sanders is as tough as his daddy! Llano will win a bunch of games and so will the Rock!!
I think the Jackets will bounce back. As I said, as much a butt-whuppin' as this was, there's no better time than Zero Week to have your weaknesses and limitations exposed so you have plenty of time to address and correct them before district play. I know Coach Yeager has never been one to shy away from tough non-district competition early in the season, and you learn a lot more about yourself -- and what you need to do to get better -- from games like these than in playing some bottom-tier 2A school and winning 54-7.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Ziggy, you are definitely a class act. The board could use more posters like you.

yoe64
08-30-2009, 08:28 PM
who's rockdale playing in week 1?

Dogman_1969
08-30-2009, 09:49 PM
They have Lampasas at home

rockdale80
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
They have Lampasas at home

I think I may have to make this game too. Wasnt your son #84 before? Is he the same # or 88 these days?