PDA

View Full Version : I have good news

CHS_CG
08-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I got a job today with 911 as a dispatcher!!!!! I start Monday and I am soo excited!!!!

Ok you may return to your regular scheduled football countdown!!

Pick6
08-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I got a job today with 911 as a dispatcher!!!!! I start Monday and I am soo excited!!!!

Congrats T!!!

What town will you be working in?

IrishTex
08-25-2009, 08:45 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CHS_CG
08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Congrats T!!!

What town will you be working in?

College Station.. I assume I will get some pretty interesting calls but atleast its not the ghetto-ness of Bryan lol

mwynn05
08-25-2009, 08:59 PM

Ok you may return to your regular scheduled football countdown!! I know in Denton they pay pretty well too

Administrator
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
College Station.. I assume I will get some pretty interesting calls but atleast its not the ghetto-ness of Bryan lol

Congrats on the job! So just because of that, I will have to go through College Station and dial 911, on my unactivated cell phone without a phone # and GPS ;)

CHS_CG
08-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I know in Denton they pay pretty well too

I start out at 13.19 an hr.. im not complaining!!!

Originally posted by Administrator
Congrats on the job! So just because of that, I will have to go through College Station and dial 911, on my unactivated cell phone without a phone # and GPS ;)

You would, but I am sure there is something they have I can trace you with!!!

DaHop72
08-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Congrats Brat!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :kiss: :kiss:

zebrablue2
08-25-2009, 09:34 PM

good job and congrats!!!

sinton66
08-25-2009, 11:01 PM
That is good news, T! Congrats and best of luck.

ronwx5x
08-26-2009, 08:40 AM

Guess all those tats didn't turn off the interviewer after all!

:inlove:

Phil C
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Congratulations! Patience pays off.

:clap:

lulu
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I am very happy for you. Give 'em your best and gook luck.
And remember you are the first line of help sometimes....many lives may depend on you. :)

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Congratulations Talena! I am sure you will do a great job.:)

SWMustang
08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Guess all those tats didn't turn off the interviewer after all!

:inlove:

lol - congrats and wear long sleeves :)

Phantom Stang
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM

$13.19 an hour for just answering the phone??:eek: :eek:

Wow!!:eek: :eek:

Just kidding. 911 operator is a very important job. Congratulations!!:2thumbsup

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
lol - congrats and wear long sleeves :) :stirpot: :evillol:

That would be long shirts not long sleeves.

SWMustang
08-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:stirpot: :evillol:

That would be long shirts not long sleeves.

you've never heard of a long sleeved shirt?

AP Panther Fan
08-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
you've never heard of a long sleeved shirt?

:confused:

her tat is in the middle of her lower back so it doesn't matter how long her sleeves are ... I think.:nerd: :)

CHS_CG
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
I actually have three, 1 on my back, and 1 on each ankle, they do not care about tats. It is cold in there, so long sleeves might be a good idea.

Law enforcement would rather people have tats, it makes it easier to ID people lol...

oh and Phantom Stang that is just my starting pay, after my training I will move up to 13.76 an hr

piratebg
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM

As a 7yr Communications Officer/Training Officer, let me say welcome aboard. The job is fun and also frustrating at times, but it is a very important one. You are gonna come across some strange people. You are also gonna come across some very serious situations. The important thing is to always be calm and do exactly as you are trained to do. It is easier said than done sometimes, trust me. I hope you enjoy it.

piratebg
08-27-2009, 10:41 PM

That's not too bad. We start here at about 14.25-14.75, I believe.

SWMustang
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:confused:

her tat is in the middle of her lower back so it doesn't matter how long her sleeves are ... I think.:nerd: :)

ahhhhhh

Old Dog
08-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey CHS did you hear the one about the Burnet County Dispatcher that set her ex-Boyfriend/Co.Deputy's house on fire to win him back.................oh sorry, that really happened !!!!!!!!

CHS_CG
09-02-2009, 06:51 PM
So Friday night from 10pm to 6pm, I get to go on patrol with an officer all night long.. this should be classic, we have the high school games going on around here, we have first yell with Jeff Dunham at Reed performing a show, we have all the people coming in for the FIRST home game on Saturday and it is the first weekend all the students will be in town... anybody want to take some bets I will get to see some people arrested?!?!

lulu
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
So Friday night from 10pm to 6pm, I get to go on patrol with an officer all night long.. this should be classic, we have the high school games going on around here, we have first yell with Jeff Dunham at Reed performing a show, we have all the people coming in for the FIRST home game on Saturday and it is the first weekend all the students will be in town... anybody want to take some bets I will get to see some people arrested?!?!

You're gonna have some fun. Keep your head about ya.;)

OldBison75
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Congratulations on the new job and I can tell you from knowing alot of the people at Brazos County 911 that you are joining a good organization. By the way, if I sneak into Brazos County and get stopped, can you speak nicely of me so that I might get a break? It don't hurt to have friends in the right places.

Seriously, congratulations and good luck!!!!!

CHS_CG
09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Congratulations on the new job and I can tell you from knowing alot of the people at Brazos County 911 that you are joining a good organization. By the way, if I sneak into Brazos County and get stopped, can you speak nicely of me so that I might get a break? It don't hurt to have friends in the right places.

Seriously, congratulations and good luck!!!!!

Well I work for College Station, so unless you get pulled over in CS I wont know about it.

SA Girl16
09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Congratulations! :2thumbsup