PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 24 Glen Rose 7

bleedgreen
11-01-2002, 11:51 PM
Glen Rose put up a great fight. They were fired up tonight. The wet field hampered our running but Glen Rose pursued Rex Harper all night and stopped him all but a couple of times. I'll add more tomorrow. I'm tired of driving.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

footballrules
11-02-2002, 12:12 AM
Kennedale is a hell of a team. I never underestimated their playing ability they have great players and have a chance of doing good in the playoffs. As for Glen Rose, we did come out fired up we held Kennedale and made them kicka field goal then we went up by 4 and from then on it was a close battle until the end. Kennedale came out on top. Great Game Guys!!!

KennedaleWildcat
11-02-2002, 01:33 AM
GR did play one heck of a game. During the first quarter I was like oh crud, if these guys dont get it together we gonna get our butts kicked. BUT they turned around and won. Good Game GR.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: KennedaleWildcat ]</small>

OLiNeMaN
11-02-2002, 02:02 AM
Ill say this much, as an offensive line we played poorly. We had a lot of STUPID penalties, we had 3 or 4 offsides, called on us. We moved some people around on the line, and some were sort of shaky. Hopefully, this week, everyone buckles down and gets ready for the playoffs. This is the first "challenging" team we've played since Everman. We need to get back into the groove of things. But even as poorly as we played, we still came out on top, thats all that matters in the end. KENNEDALE WILDCATS 8-3A DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! YEAH BABY!!

bleedgreen
11-02-2002, 09:13 AM
This game had a different twist I did not know about.....read the following article in the Fort Worth Star Telegram:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/sports/other_sports/4428490.htm

bulldog65
11-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Good article, I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for Coach Barett's father. Also a great win for Kennedale. Good luck.

BportFan
11-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Well bleedgreen, looks like a Bridgeport-Kennedale rematch from last year. Sounds like Kennedale is an improved team from last year. I hope this will be a good game. I just wish this rematch was later in the playoffs.