PDA

View Full Version : Southern California vs West Texas WSLL at 7 PM Espn

Old Cardinal
08-25-2009, 06:10 PM
This West Texas team from San Antonio has not been challenged since they beat Bridge City(Representing East Texas) by 6-4.

Tonight will be their big national challenge as there are but two teams left undefeated out of the FOUR left that are playing for the USA side of the bracket play.

At present Mexico is beating China 2-0 in the third inning--playing now.

All on ESPN.

Sweetwater Red
08-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Waiting for 7. Cal looks tough. They hit everything and
are the #1 team in offense I believe.

DDBooger
08-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Texas wins 6-3 over Cali

pirate4state
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Texas wins 6-3 over Cali

:2thumbsup

Good game!

zebrablue2
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Texas wins 6-3 over Cali

:2thumbsup: good game. congrats to the tex'ters!!

GetRDoneStangs
08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
That last out was great...Coach comes out and asks the pitcher what he wants to throw and he says "High Heater Coach, make him chase it" ...

He struck him out!! It was pretty cool!!!

They have to play tomorrow...pitching could be a question.....hope they can keep it going!!!

DDBooger
08-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
That last out was great...Coach comes out and asks the pitcher what he wants to throw and he says "High Heater Coach, make him chase it" ...

He struck him out!! It was pretty cool!!!

They have to play tomorrow...pitching could be a question.....hope they can keep it going!!! They saved their ace for Staten Island

GetRDoneStangs
08-25-2009, 09:30 PM
They saved their ace for Staten Island

That is right.....just hope if his pitch count goes too high......nahhh

Old Cardinal
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM
I think they will be OK--Cardone is available and he pitches with a lot of savvy....Did you see that critical double-play, he pumped that ball from second to first like a good 17 year old ShortStop!

GetRDoneStangs
08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I think they will be OK--Cardone is available and he pitches with a lot of savvy....Did you see that critical double-play, he pumped that ball from second to first like a good 17 year old ShortStop!

Yes, that was sweet! They are definitely playing good solid ball. Pitching, hitting and fielding. Like you said, they play like they are older than a bunch of 11, 12 and a few 13 year olds!

hookandladder
08-26-2009, 06:23 AM
The team is supposed to be from San Antonio,Tx., did anyone else notice that when they put the players name on the TV screen they had their home town from San Antonio, Austin, Round Rock. How could this be possible. Also the annoucers make such a big deal of how the pitchers can only throw 85 pitches in a game but never say anything about them throwing 50% to 60% breaking pitches. The # of pitches is not whats hurting the kids arms, it is throwing breaking pitches and not throwing the correct way.

Old Cardinal
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
First of all, many come from a military base in San Antonio and they are listing their hometown although they are temporally residents of San Antonio.

They have plenty of pitchers and have rotated them quite well to reach this critical point.

H & L--Question, what is the situation on the LaGrange Girls that were doing quite well--I have lost track of their outcomes?

Another Question--what time is today's game scheduled to play?

Thank you

SHSBulldog00
08-26-2009, 11:06 AM
The La Grange girls lost 5-4 to Utah in the Semi's.
Great Job Lady Leps!

The San Antonio team is saving their pitcher, but who is it Brooks or Ramos?

Old Cardinal
08-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Great job for LG girls!

Yes those two plus Cardone pitched only 20 balls last night, I believe.

There is a game on between Houston and California SENIORS right now 2 pm on ESPM2

TXs up 4-0 in 4th inning......

eagles_victory
08-26-2009, 02:19 PM
IMO Bridge City was better than everyone in the American division except for San Antonio Georgia and maybe California just sucks they had to play San Antonio who looks like the favorite to win it all.

Old Cardinal
08-26-2009, 05:09 PM
If you get down to it, South East side of TX had several good teams...Lamar-Fort Bend County was a really great team.

Southwest side of Texas-- had one good team- San Antonio.

West Texas(Texas) has lost one game 2-1 and has to win tonight to stay alive as I understand it.

Oh, By the way in the Senior Division Houston won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
this evening 9-7 over California!!!:clap:

Old Cardinal
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Disregard that statement about a 2-1 score that was the seeding....LOL

Also in Babe Ruth Nederland Tx plays for the World Championship at 7:30 tonight!

I will try to get an occasional score for you.

Old Cardinal
08-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Texas wins 4-1 Cardone pitched 5 good innings; followed by Scull the Catcher closing.
One game to go to represent the USA against the International best team.