PDA

View Full Version : Should the NFL have to pay for the scoreboard to be raised at Jerry World?

kaorder1999
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Here is the deal.....the NFL approved the height of the board prior to construction and the board fits all NFL specifications so because of that, should the NFL have to pay to raise it?

Electus Unus
08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
sure why not....the NFL is a billion dollar industry so what is 2.2 million dollars to them

garciap77
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Here is the deal.....the NFL approved the height of the board prior to construction and the board fits all NFL specifications so because of that, should the NFL have to pay to raise it?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

BobcatBenny
08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the NFL should create a special rule for Cowboy's Stadium ...

Visiting teams at Cowboy's stadium should be allowed to P4K. :)

waterboy
08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I like that idea...........but it won't happen. The league would rather keep their money and play with it the way it is than to have to spend money on something they approved in the beginning because it met the specifications they set.

garciap77
08-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Just don't let second string punters punt!

IrishTex
08-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Why do I feel like Jerry is going to be accused of being a cheap skate here?

:confused:

I. B. Watching
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I think the fans should have to pay for it. I'm sure he'll stick some kind of charge in there to the ticket holder:D

piratebg
08-25-2009, 12:42 PM
League approved it. Jerry built it. League is crying. League should pay.

waterboy
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
True. I doubt anything is done about the video board.......at least not in the foreseeable future. Being as the league approved it beforehand, they will not do anything in the near future to have it changed unless they are willing to foot at least some of the costs. I don't see them doing that.

turbostud
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Wait till the real season starts and a punter hits it and screws up his teams field position and some coach blows a gasket. Thats when this will get real interesting.

fourbeee
08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
The cowboy and Jerry Jones haters will go on about this forever. It just gives those people something to cry about. So it will not matter who pays for it. There will be those who are going to find a reason to put down the cowboys and the owner. Jones will raise it for the U2 concert and if the NFL says to raise and leave it there that's what will happen. Who cares, one way or the other?
The stadium is a great place for cowboy fans and the fans from other places just wish they had that type of stadium to watch their team play.

STANG RED
08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
If the league screwed up, it ought to be their dime to fix it.
They probobly could have installed it higher to begin with without any extra cost at the time.

piratebg
08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by four
The cowboy and Jerry Jones haters will go on about this forever. It just gives those people something to cry about. So it will not matter who pays for it. There will be those who are going to find a reason to put down the cowboys and the owner. Jones will raise it for the U2 concert and if the NFL says to raise and leave it there that's what will happen. Who cares, one way or the other?
The stadium is a great place for cowboy fans and the fans from other places just wish they had that type of stadium to watch their team play.

Isn't U2 putting up the money to raise it?

Macarthur
08-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, U2 is paying.

But it's not just like you can raise it 10 feet and be done with it. IT has to be totally "unconnected" and will be inoperable.

If the league wants it done, they should pay.

Frankly, I think way too big of a deal has been made of this.

Farmersfan
08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
It has been stated on the radio several times that the league has proof that Jerry Jones was told many times it was too low yet he refused to change it from it's original design. I think this is pretty much like the practice "TENT" that collaspsed on the Cowboys. It was done just barely well enough to meet standards and saving/making money was the big concern. The league isn't paying for anything. Jerry Jones will move it completely OUT of the stadium if the league instructs him to................
I find it funny that the Colts decided to move their video replay board to another location because they figured out the league minimum wasn't high enough. Just another example of Jerry's ego getting the best of him...............

fourbeee
08-25-2009, 03:34 PM
The cowboy hater said "heard it on the radio," then it must be true!!!!

Emerson1
08-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It has been stated on the radio several times that the league has proof that Jerry Jones was told many times it was too low yet he refused to change it from it's original design. I think this is pretty much like the practice "TENT" that collaspsed on the Cowboys. It was done just barely well enough to meet standards and saving/making money was the big concern. The league isn't paying for anything. Jerry Jones will move it completely OUT of the stadium if the league instructs him to................
I find it funny that the Colts decided to move their video replay board to another location because they figured out the league minimum wasn't high enough. Just another example of Jerry's ego getting the best of him...............
I've yet to hear that and I listen to both The Fan and ESPN....Cowboys aren't the only team who had a tent built by them, and just because it collapsed doesn't mean it was cheaply done. Just a flaw in the design...Uhm, no he won't, what is the NFL gonna do? He has it above league regulations. What are they gonna do ban the most popular sports team in the U.S. from playing until they change it or move back to the Cotton Bowl?... The Colts don't even have a center hung scoreboard

TheDOCTORdre
08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I've yet to hear that and I listen to both The Fan and ESPN....Cowboys aren't the only team who had a tent built by them, and just because it collapsed doesn't mean it was cheaply done. Just a flaw in the design...Uhm, no he won't, what is the NFL gonna do? He has it above league regulations. What are they gonna do ban the most popular sports team in the U.S. from playing until they change it or move back to the Cotton Bowl?... The Colts don't even have a center hung scoreboard

how dare you correct farmersfan when he obviously knows what he's talking about :D

JasperDog94
08-25-2009, 04:15 PM
...saving/making money was the big concern... Yeah, cause we all know that Jerry would rather risk millions of dollars in hurt players and coaches and millions more in lost revenue than to pay a little bit more and have a safer practice facility. Yep, that's Jerry. Cheap.

Wait a minute...how much of his own money did he spend on this stadium?:doh: :hand: :hand:

handNthedirt
08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Why do I feel like Jerry is going to be accused of being a cheap skate here?

:confused:

did your computer start smoking when you mentioned JJ and cheap skate in the same sentence? child please.

handNthedirt
08-25-2009, 04:46 PM
titan punter was trying to hit the screen in warm ups...reminds me of the guy who can't help but try hitting the moving ball cart at the driving range.

GetRDoneStangs
08-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Wait till the real season starts and a punter hits it and screws up his teams field position and some coach blows a gasket. Thats when this will get real interesting.

How about adopting a baseball rule.......if it lands in the field of play it is fair ball!!!

That could make things really interesting....:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I am not saying I am for this....just throwing out an idea.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-25-2009, 05:23 PM

Or an example of how the NFL believes it transcends its own rules.

If the league did tell Jerry that (and I'm not doubting they did), why would they not immediately amend the rules as quick as possible, gather the competition committee to make a statement and note that it will be pushed the next year? Anything other than saying, 'well you can, but you shouldnt'. That's what my landlord in college told me about keg parties. Guess what? I still did, and even though the neighbors complained about foot traffic late into the night, it was within my right to do so as long as I did not break noise ordinance.

Rabid Cougar
08-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Just establish a groung rule that if you hit it the ball is dead where it lands; 1st and 10 for the receiving team. See how many punters will try to hit it then.

sinton66
08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Just establish a groung rule that if you hit it the ball is dead where it lands; 1st and 10 for the receiving team. See how many punters will try to hit it then.

Sounds good to me. Good logical answer.

Johnny 5
08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
IMO, tough luck.

It follows regulation, they have to deal with it.

I do not think it should be moved at all. If it does have to move, the NFL pays for it themselves, because they are requesting it, even though it meets their own rules.

And by the way, I am not a fan of the Cowboys at all. Never have been, never will be.

Philadelphia Eagles, baby!

(blasphemous in TX, I know . . . sue me)

fourbeee
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
First eagle fan I have ever heard with any brains

Emerson1
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think any punter is going to try ad hit it on purpose in a regular season game. They are just asking for a bad punt that doesn't even make it.

The Titans punter has done it and was the first. No one is going to be stupid enough to do it during a regular season game.

Eagle 1
08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree, it was built to the standard at the time, therefore if the NFL wants it raised they should have to pay for it.
If they do raise it, I hope its after the season as I doubt they could raise it during the season.
None the less, everytime a punter steps on the field, I bet Jone's puckers up a little bit thinking about a football hitting one of those 40 million dollar screens.:eek:

fourbeee
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
No wonder eagle 1 is so smart, he is a red-raider

Eagle 1
08-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by four
No wonder eagle 1 is so smart, he is a red-raider

Ya think? :D

Trashman
08-25-2009, 07:29 PM
YES! :thinking:

Footballhudini
08-25-2009, 07:47 PM
jerry jones should just shut the h--- up, dip into his little 60 dollar per pizza fund and raise it.

Emerson1
08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
jerry jones should just shut the h--- up, dip into his little 60 dollar per pizza fund and raise it.
No he shouldn't.

What if someone came along and told you your car was the wrong color and to change it immediately. Would you just shell out the money for it right then and there?

Footballhudini
08-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No he shouldn't.

What if someone came along and told you your car was the wrong color and to change it immediately. Would you just shell out the money for it right then and there?

it was a joke. i really could care less about the dallas cowboy soap opera. i'd rather keep up with a FOOTBALL team like the titans.

MJMbrahmas10
08-25-2009, 09:36 PM
well u must like keepin up with the cowboys soap opera for u to know whats goin on and i guess last friday i watched a soap opera kick a real Football teams rear end....right or wrong...and i dont care if it is preseason

Eagle 1
08-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
well u must like keepin up with the cowboys soap opera for u to know whats goin on and i guess last friday i watched a soap opera kick a real Football teams rear end....right or wrong...and i dont care if it is preseason

X2:clap:

carter08
08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
and i dont care if it is preseason

i am glad your third string beat abother teams third string. congrats.

Eagle 1
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by carter08
i am glad your third string beat abother teams third string. congrats.

I guess you didn't watch the game either.:rolleyes:

BuckeyeNut
08-26-2009, 08:54 AM
LOL i cant beleave yall are still talking about this. It is not going to be moved, and if a punter hits it he is a retard for kicking a 30yard punt.