PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in tigerland??

11as1
08-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Did the sealy tigers fall off the map or are they trying to play mind games by not posting? What's happening in tigerland???

BobcatBenny
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
I believe this is what is know as a "sealy".

http://www.xtreme-stunts.com/images/wheelie-101.jpg

11as1
08-24-2009, 06:48 PM
No doubt but I find it so shocking because what i know about sealy is they're first to start talking. I guess they're tryin to be the dark horse... or perhaps the glory days are over

STAggie
08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Or perhaps the only poster on here regularly from there has been terribly busy and his new job doesn't allow him to watch the team like he did last year. Those boys will be alright. I am predicted at least a 2nd place finish in D25 with a possible championship if the cards fall right. They will surprise either Bellville or Giddings for sure.

11as1
08-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Calm down fella, I was just trying to find out what's happening down in sealy and how the team was looking. I look forward to seeing them play against bellville, no doubt one of the if not the biggest game in D25. But how's the team lookin as I said no one has said much about the tigers this offseason

pirate4state
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Or perhaps the only poster on here regularly from there has been terribly busy and his new job doesn't allow him to watch the team like he did last year. Those boys will be alright. I am predicted at least a 2nd place finish in D25 with a possible championship if the cards fall right. They will surprise either Bellville or Giddings for sure.

Aren't you our only Sealy poster? All I know is they still have some talent and they are well coached.

Last year Sealy was talking to much and now they aren't talking enough. Of course, last year it was mainly district rival posters talking about Sealy.

They may start off slow, but they will be ready once district rolls around.

957tiger
08-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Sealy has been working hard getting ready for the season. This will be Coach Mitchell's third year at the helm and he is excited about the 09 team. With a seasoned group on both sides of the line and several athletes promoted to the varsity squad, the depth at key positions is a relief for the Tiger coaching staff.
The senior leadership is determined and dedicated and ready to hit the field this year. The fan base has grown and this will be a fun year in Tigerland.

Electus Unus
08-25-2009, 12:47 AM
11as1 who do you root for?

zebrablue2
08-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by 11as1
No doubt but I find it so shocking because what i know about sealy is they're first to start talking. I guess they're tryin to be the dark horse... or perhaps the glory days are over

glory days are about 2 yrs away. the fr. class they have this yr. is a good one. they will be good the next 2 yrs., but the 2 after that they will be really good. JMO.

11as1
08-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

Can't you read i'm from houston gotta yell for the texans... lol I'm a fan of football in general.

STAggie
08-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Aren't you our only Sealy poster? All I know is they still have some talent and they are well coached.

Last year Sealy was talking to much and now they aren't talking enough. Of course, last year it was mainly district rival posters talking about Sealy.

They may start off slow, but they will be ready once district rolls around.

Yes I am the only Sealy poster on here regularly. There are others but they don't post as much as I do. To bad I prolly won't be posting much about Sealy other then the one game I will get to watch them play this year. All I know is talking to some kids the little I have been around town, they are ready and keeping quite after all the stuff that went down last year. I think everyone will be surprised with the leadership of a few players this year who have been loose cannons in the past. 957Tiger I hope you post more so I can know what is going on with the team this year.

Bull's-eye
08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Expectations must be very high in Tiger Land, I found this in the Sealy News online:

Despite low preseason rankings by multiple media outlets, the Tigers were recently picked to win the Class 3A, Division I, Region IV championship by Lone Star Gridiron.

This media outlet produces a statewide weekly video internet show, and picked fellow District 25-3A school Giddings to win the regional title in the Division II brackets.

4x100jackets
08-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Word is Stafford gave Sealy all they wanted and then some in the scrimmage last week ?????????????

STAggie
08-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Word is Stafford gave Sealy all they wanted and then some in the scrimmage last week ?????????????

To the tune of Sealy scoring 11 tds in 30 plays. I will take that ration any day of the week.

4x100jackets
08-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I thought something was crazy about that. And I did not believe Stafford could be on the same field with the tigers. Guess I was right.

LH_Tuff
08-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

L.H.H.S ? :p

11as1
08-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
L.H.H.S ? :p

Hahahaha hardly they're too good i gotta root for the underdog. Hence yellin for the Houston Texans

tiger eye
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Did get over to the Sterling v Sealy scrimmage
a bit late as it started almost before breakfast, but did see enough to point out a few things different that I saw.
Mitchell has a bunch of youngsters on both sides of the ball. Defensively they appear to be quick and determined to get to the ball, no matter where it is. Their defensive scheme appears to be the same 4-3 with some coverage variations depending on the offensive sets displayed. Coverage was an "issue" in what I saw. They appear to play way off of receivers and content to make a tackle after the catch, and not be in tight coverage, contesting for the pass.
Offensively they look like a different team. No huddle spread and more open looks to be what we will see. Plays called in from the bench via signals in an effort to minimize the defensive platooning against them. Without benefit of a program or jersey numbers, they looked like they had a very capable running back that moved through the defense with ease and think it was the Downey boy, and the Miller kid is a very tall lanky wide out that could catch. Do not know who the youngster was at QB but was told he was off the JV from last year, Barret. None of those three stayed around long, and they seemed intent to look at a series of scripted plays with different personnel.
I suspect when they turn the lights on they will come to play, but with all the talent in this 25-3A district, we may have wait until late October to see who comes out of here with all the marbles.
Would not count them out, just yet.