PDA

View Full Version : Question for LH posters

BEAST
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
How long has Coach Vance been there, and has he used the Slot T the whole time?

BEAST

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
9 years now I think. And yes the slot-t the entire time. He brought it from San Marcos.

Rocket
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
9 years now I think. And yes the slot-t the entire time. He brought it from San Marcos.

Are y'all surprised he stayed?

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Are y'all surprised he stayed?

No not really. He is not the type of coach that is trying to move up in classification or anything. Since he is an older coach and not some up and comer that is trying to advance. He gets to run things his way and it fits here with the type of kids Liberty Hill has. Coach Vance has done so much for the school and town hopefully one day they name a brand new stadium after him.

At one time we were a stepping stone school for coaches and weve had some good coaches that have come and gone for greener pastures. We have also been a career killer for some coaches too. I have been a part of both of those situations as a player and I must say that a coach gets out of his kids what he puts into them.

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I dont mean any disrespect here, but up untill about 4 years ago, I hadnt heard much about Liberty Hill football. Did it take him a few years to get things going? Was the program in the dirt? Or does it take a while to teach that offense?

BEAST

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I dont mean any disrespect here, but up untill about 4 years ago, I hadnt heard much about Liberty Hill football. Did it take him a few years to get things going? Was the program in the dirt? Or does it take a while to teach that offense?

BEAST

He took a 3-7 team to 5-5 his first year then since 2002 has won more than 10 games every season. In 2002 was the first playoff season since 1992. You can blame the lull in football from 1992 to 1998 on a coach we got from Brownwood. Although I wouldn't because historically football wasn't our thing.

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
He took a 3-7 team to 5-5 his first year then since 2002 has won more than 10 games every season. In 2002 was the first playoff season since 1992. You can blame the lull in football from 1992 to 1998 on a coach we got from Brownwood. Although I wouldn't because historically football wasn't our thing.

Coach Cox was his name I believe. He was my offensive coordinator for a year or two. He really was a good coach, just bad timing I geuss.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Coach Cox was his name I believe. He was my offensive coordinator for a year or two. He really was a good coach, just bad timing I geuss.

BEAST

Yeah, that's him he was my coach my senior year. Also our offensive coordinator was from Brownwood too ( Coach Allred) I believe was his name.

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that's him he was my coach my senior year. Also our offensive coordinator was from Brownwood too ( Coach Allred) I believe was his name.

Jason Allred? I didnt know he went there. He played here but never coached here. His younger brother was one of the best rbs weve seen around here in a long time.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Jason Allred? I didnt know he went there. He played here but never coached here. His younger brother was one of the best rbs weve seen around here in a long time.

BEAST

I think his name was Steve Allred? Not sure though. All I know is he played at Brownwood and was a grad assistant at A&M then came to Liberty Hill with coach Cox.

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I think his name was Steve Allred? Not sure though. All I know is he played at Brownwood and was a grad assistant at A&M then came to Liberty Hill with coach Cox.

Never heard of a Steve Allred. Oh well.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2009, 08:39 PM

BEAST
Jason was here for awhile, but I think I'm confused because I thought he was here later than the timeframe Exp is talking about. :thinking:

The '99 & '00 years are the ones that every self-respecting Panther fan has tried, quite unsuccessfully I might add, to block from their temporal lobes. :(

K-MAC Chuck
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
I interviewed Vance today..according to him, he's been at LH for 10 years and he's in his 33rd overall year of coaching...